1:00 PM EST Miami (-6.5) at New England (6.5) —- T: 43.5

4:05 PM EST LA Chargers (-3.5) at Cincinnati (3.5) —- T: 44

4:25 PM EST Arizona (7.5) at San Francisco (-7.5) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST Tampa Bay (4) at New Orleans (-4) —- T: 49.5

8:20 PM EST Dallas (-2.5) at LA Rams (2.5) —- T: 50

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48

10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• steveharvey

Good to see Djax may not be that high owned… if he can last a couple quarters he’ll hit value at least

Think my favorite mid-priced WR is Edelman though. Igbinoghene in his first NFL game should be easy to pick on

• CleverGroom

@steveharvey said...

Good to see Djax may not be that high owned… if he can last a couple quarters he’ll hit value at least

Think my favorite mid-priced WR is Edelman though. Igbinoghene in his first NFL game should be easy to pick on

Last I saw, DJax was projected for top-3 WR ownership. He’s confirmed chalky.

If you want to pick on a CB starting his first NFL game, you probably don’t have to look past Allen Robinson.

• Smallchimp

That entire Eagles and Football Team game is highly owned at basically every position. That and the Hawks/Falcons game are the chalk game stacks. Embrace or avoid with caution

• steveharvey

@CleverGroom said...

If you want to pick on a CB starting his first NFL game, you probably don’t have to look past Allen Robinson.

Ah that makes sense, seems pretty obvious.

I do think targeting rookies is a good strategy considering the COVID offseason. DJ Moore vs. Arnette is another one

• 808state

@CleverGroom said...

I think he will be matched up with Desmond Trufant

• 808state

I think the Vikings and Raiders have the least experienced secondaries so Lazard or Anderson could be a pivot to Jackson at the same price range

• CleverGroom

@808state said...

I think he will be matched up with Desmond Trufant

Yeah, that’d be the other option. Trufant’s in a new system that he’s barely had time to learn and he’s been beatable for a while now. I’ll be betting on Robinson.

As for Robby Anderson and Allen Lazard, I struggle to imagine owning any. WR/CB matchups almost never matter, especially in large-field GPPs. I didn’t want to play Robby or Lazard in the first place, so replacement-level matchups aren’t enough to put me on them.

For $100-200 more than DJax you can get to Marquise Brown, Anthony Miller, or Christian Kirk. Henry Ruggs III too, if you’re trying to be early on him. That’s where I’d try to go if I was aiming to pivot.

• thedkexperience

@wilks3579 said...

Check out J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE in place of DJAX. Lower ownership, only 3900 (compared to 4900 for DeSean), going against that same Wash defense, 6’ 2” and big bodied, he’s also 10 years younger than DJAX and could easily produce more DKFP than DJAX in week 1.

Working against JJAW is that unlike DJax, he’s a shitty football player. That should be considered.

• thedkexperience

@CleverGroom said...

With 15 drafts completed, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside is currently my most-owned WR in best ball.

I thought you actually watched football?

• CleverGroom

@thedkexperience said...

I thought you actually watched football?

Hell no.

I mean I watch when the games are live, sure. That’s a grand old time, #CantWait! But I’m #NotAScout and not a member of #TeamWatchTheTape. I’m not good at watching football, so that’s a job for somebody else.

• JCappy

Any specific contests getting anyone’s attention? I really like that $9 slant. The $40 combine and the $75 goalline will get an entry from me also.

• deeebo

What’s going on guys!

• deeebo

How’s everyone doing?

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

What’s going on guys!

Work league time! We were wondering about you like 5 pages back. Welcome back!

• deeebo

@thedkexperience said...

Work league time! We were wondering about you like 5 pages back. Welcome back!

So my work league is officially done. I actually got a new job back in January, but I reached out the folks at my old job and they aren’t doing the fanduel league anymore. So now I am not sure if I want to actually continue playing on fanduel and daily fantasy in general. I feel like joining real contests like the ones you guys do is hard to ever win a lot of $ and I’m not sure where to even start. Before all I was worried about was my work league lineup that had like 15-20 people in it. But if I ever want to win anything big in the real world I feel like I would need to join the big contests and I’m not exactly sure how to approach them. Like how many lineups to submit and how to do all of that lol. Also I am sure it will be a lot of $ for entry fees as well as opposed to my $5 work league entry. Not entirely sure yet but I’m leaning towards just hanging it up and calling it. The chances of me ever winning thousands from a contest probably is highly unlikely. You guys have so much knowledge and it still difficult for you to win those! And I’m not sure where to even start!

• CleverGroom

@deeebo said...

What’s going on guys!

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

So my work league is officially done. I actually got a new job back in January, but I reached out the folks at my old job and they aren’t doing the fanduel league anymore. So now I am not sure if I want to actually continue playing on fanduel and daily fantasy in general. I feel like joining real contests like the ones you guys do is hard to ever win a lot of $ and I’m not sure where to even start. Before all I was worried about was my work league lineup that had like 15-20 people in it. But if I ever want to win anything big in the real world I feel like I would need to join the big contests and I’m not exactly sure how to approach them. Like how many lineups to submit and how to do all of that lol. Also I am sure it will be a lot of $ for entry fees as well as opposed to my $5 work league entry. Not entirely sure yet but I’m leaning towards just hanging it up and calling it. The chances of me ever winning thousands from a contest probably is highly unlikely. You guys have so much knowledge and it still difficult for you to win those! And I’m not sure where to even start!

Jump in a $10 DK best ball league. It’s right up your alley.

• ssilberman2012

@BIF said...

He’s also now set up to be the biggest chalk bust of week 1 as every tout will be on him as the must have play; BUT he’s still a rookie RB on a team that likely loses (bad game script) and he is going against a good Run D (well, they were last year anyways as 3rd best in NFL).

However, this could be the great set up for my favorite week of the year – Overreaction Week (also known as Week 2) in a better matchup versus Arizona who had a D that gave up lots of yards RBs (24th vs Run) and also was susceptible to short passes to TEs/RBs.

I could see Gibson busting at 25+% ownership in Week 1 and smashing at 6% in Week 2

Absolutely love this foresight. I think this season will be the best ever to take advantage of recency bias.

• JH822547

@ssilberman2012 said...

I think this season will be the best ever to take advantage of recency bias.

There going to be a lot of players employing this strategy this season, I’m going to wait until the 2021 before I start doing it.

• ssilberman2012

@squidkill said...

Millionaire Maker is an absolute money pit. If you are a losing player and playing the MM then you might as well buy a $20 scratch ticket every sunday morning- Knowing what contests to enter is so vital to your success. No paid sub will help you win the MM. That contest is for donkeys and/or 150/LU optimizers with 3k to burn each week.

*Except when there is massive overlay in qualifier contests to the point where it’s nearly arbitrage, which has happened on occasion
    in the NBA playoffs

• ssilberman2012

@Dr_Gonzo said...

I can’t do it. I have no trust in mitch at all. I’m not saying either of you is wrong, but after digging around tonight I’ll definitely have some Tyrod. Price is comparable to mitch, and even though he’s older now I don’t think he’s afraid to scramble and add points on the ground which obviously hasn’t happened with rivers. Also wondering the impact that has on ekeler, as rivers would dump it off to him Tyrod may take it himself

I can’t understand this because didn’t we see Mitch literally do it twice in one year on DK? Like, we literally saw him do it. We know Mitchell can do it!

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

What’s going on guys!

Deeeeee boooooo. My man

• ssilberman2012

@BIF said...

I’m not sure – I like Burrow more than I like the LAC D.

That rookie QB has a ton of great targets in AJ Green, Boyd, Tee Higgins, Auden Tate, John Ross, Eifert and Mixon/Bernard

He probably has a Top 8 stable of pass catchers at his disposal and is a more mature rookie QB than you usually see as a 5th year senior and coach’s son; people loved Mahomes because his dad was a pro ball player – well Burrow’s dad played football in the NFL/CFL and was a NCAA coach for many years.

I like Burrow a lot too. My issue is, like CG was saying in his Haskins leverage example, I think a lot of people will own Burrow like they will own Brady, and thus there will be little leverage to be had. What do you think Bif? I think the only way to get creative is to include John Ross.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

Hell don’t quit. I think you can do well in cash games. We had you in that Cash game mindset for your work league. Do the double ups 50/50, couple of h2h’s. Build a little bank roll and they try some single entry gpps. You can’t quit tho.

• squidkill

I’m doing my first season long draft in years tonight. I’m drafting for my buddy who’s on vacation. He got pick #1. Thinking about Uncle Lenny there and JJ Arsegga late. 🥴

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).