1:00 PM EST Miami (-6.5) at New England (6.5) —- T: 43.5

4:05 PM EST LA Chargers (-3.5) at Cincinnati (3.5) —- T: 44

4:25 PM EST Arizona (7.5) at San Francisco (-7.5) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST Tampa Bay (4) at New Orleans (-4) —- T: 49.5

8:20 PM EST Dallas (-2.5) at LA Rams (2.5) —- T: 50

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48

10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• realphipps

@beare said...

anyone like colts d week one?

A lot of people do, I’m guessing.

• TJRhodes

Gesicki listed as #2 TE on depth chart, uh oh.

• TopDawgs07

@squidkill said...

On DK? You can play dfs one not best ball? That’s weird

Yep. Emailed DK about it even. They said the reason was the state of Ohio.

• Dr_Gonzo

Although I’ve sworn to never again to trust a patriot RB I’m liking Michel with this Harris news. I feel like punching myself

• CleverGroom

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Although I’ve sworn to never again to trust a patriot RB I’m liking Michel with this Harris news. I feel like punching myself

• 808state

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Now you have to worry about Cam in addition to it being a committee

• winnerchickendinner

Might scale back a bit on Hayden Hurst with Jamal Adams in Seattle now.

• HoodsFromTheWood

LOL Beermaker doing Manscape testicle trimmer promo’s on his show and Mixon is the fade, I mean Beast Of The Week

• AdamBski

So what’s the plan for the Thursday game? I’m thinking one way to differentiate from the masses is to fade both the QB’s or just ride with Watson and 5/1 split the lineup in favor of Houston… also I’ve been tinkering around with lineup construction and I’m leaning on David Johnson as the captain. Thoughts?? 🤔

• theIrrigator

Just started looking at things. Bucs team total seems low right?

• TJRhodes

@Hoods From The Wood said...

LOL Beermaker doing Manscape testicle trimmer promo’s on his show and Mixon is the fade, I mean Beast Of The Week

Thanks. Full fade.

• deeebo

Hey Guys – so 2 of my season long fantasy drafts are tomorrow. Any suggestions on who to take in the first few rounds if available? Or even in the deeper rounds? Any insight would be helpful.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@deeebo said...

Hey Guys – so 2 of my season long fantasy drafts are tomorrow. Any suggestions on who to take in the first few rounds if available? Or even in the deeper rounds? Any insight would be helpful.

Stud RB in 1st, next 6 rds WRs/Stud TE, QB in 8, next 4 upside RBBC RBs, DST/K in last 2 rounds. Sprinkle in some in season waivers and maybe a pinch of a trade. Simmer for 3-ish months and hopefully you have a championship stew, i mean team

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

Where is Raymond

• HoodsFromTheWood

@squidkill said...

Where is Raymond

LOL give the kid a break, He’s doing 2 drafts in 1 day

• BIF

@JCappy said...

Have people forgotten just how good Adam Thielen is? Not to mention all of those vacated targets from losing Diggs with no experienced NFL pass catcher to give them to.

The vacated targets are not going to Theilen; he already eats at a good clip – the vacated targets are going to Bisi Johnson, Jefferson and to a lesser extent Irv Smith as he becomes a bigger part of their Offense.

• Dr_Gonzo

@AdamBski said...

So what’s the plan for the Thursday game? I’m thinking one way to differentiate from the masses is to fade both the QB’s or just ride with Watson and 5/1 split the lineup in favor of Houston… also I’ve been tinkering around with lineup construction and I’m leaning on David Johnson as the captain. Thoughts?? 🤔

Fading mahomes is risky, as you know what he’s capable of. I’m looking for a repeat from last year from kelce, he torched them in the regular season last year. Also will mix in a little Daryl Williams, I’m pretty sure he broke one of the single game slates by vulturing Damian. I’m unsure of the Houston side right now. Cooks has a quad issue and fuller is so boom or bust. Not sure what to think about DJ, is he washed or will switching teams bring him back? I might play a little akins as well. Guys like Daryl and akins are key to winning these things, if one of them hits they’ll be likely only 5-10% owned

• xaab

DK gave me a $10 milli maker contest ticket for Thursday but there is no milli maker on Thursday. Anybody know what’s going on?

• 33BeRad

Welcome football! It’s going to be a strange week 1, maybe even the whole season but let’s hope not.
    I guess we’ll have to use some trends from last year since no preseason.
    Will Cincy continue to take away number 1’s? Or at least filter things to the middle? I like Henry for that reason.
    I like A. Jones, think he may go overlooked. No clue about any ownerships yet.
    I don’t think I’ll be using any player over 50% because of the lack of preseason. No game environments nor real hitting may lead to a lot of injuries or players not being in game shape.
    I like the 9ers game, their total has gone up 3 points since lines opened(only 1 1/2 if going by this line as open). But I like Jimmy G and of course Kittle. Will bring back one of the WR’s.
    I like the Jets def against Allen. I know Jets are down their best players on def but Allen still can turn the ball over. And they are cheap!!!
    Will have some Trubisky, especially if Monty is out. Will flip bringing it back with Golloday or Jones. And will stack A-Rob and either Cohen or A. Miller
    Will probably use a lot more Mack than Taylor, think Indy will ride Mack game 1 if they get a lead. Just a guess.
    I only do tournies, am going to mainly do SE and 3 max

• 33BeRad

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Fading mahomes is risky, as you know what he’s capable of. I’m looking for a repeat from last year from kelce, he torched them in the regular season last year. Also will mix in a little Daryl Williams, I’m pretty sure he broke one of the single game slates by vulturing Damian. I’m unsure of the Houston side right now. Cooks has a quad issue and fuller is so boom or bust. Not sure what to think about DJ, is he washed or will switching teams bring him back? I might play a little akins as well. Guys like Daryl and akins are key to winning these things, if one of them hits they’ll be likely only 5-10% owned

I threw Kelce at the captain. Using both QB’s and will use both #2 rb’s in hopes of a vultured td. This game is such a tough showdown game because of so many boom bust plays. Mecole, Fuller or Watkins(plus I am sure a few others) could break the game on 3 catches.

• Dr_Gonzo

@xaab said...

DK gave me a $10 milli maker contest ticket for Thursday but there is no milli maker on Thursday. Anybody know what’s going on?

There is a $10 Thursday milly to start the season

• BIF

@xaab said...

Yes there is

Thursday’s Showdown $10 entry is a Milly

• Dr_Gonzo

@33BeRad said...

I threw Kelce at the captain. Using both QB’s and will use both #2 rb’s in hopes of a vultured td. This game is such a tough showdown game because of so many boom bust plays. Mecole, Fuller or Watkins(plus I am sure a few others) could break the game on 3 catches.

It sure is. Finding that low owned player is tough, but it can be done. I love single game, tied for 1st in 2 of them last year. I had a random backup TE hit a TD late in the 4th last year for a win, it’s so exciting

• miggs6876

@33BeRad said...

I have Hill in my captain spot and played both QBs. Assuming Hill is healthy. Last year, T. Hill lite up the Texans. Their secondary might be worse than last year.

• CleverGroom

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Travis Kelce was limited today with a knee injury. Situation to monitor.

Darrel Williams is simply mispriced because DK expected him to lose the RB2 job to DeAndre Washington (or the RB1/RB1b job, depending on who you believe). His floor is non-zero in the great majority of cases. His upside is RB1 usage and top score. He’ll be much more than 5-10% owned, but probably still owned far less than he deserves.

I’m not sure why “boom or bust” would be a bad thing in the case of Will Fuller. You’re not playing cash in the season opener showdown, right?

Name one RB who improved his career/performance by switching to Bill O’Brien’s Houston Texans. I’ll wait. The man is a donkey when it comes to RB usage, and Deshaun Watson has never shown an interest in them. Consensus seems to be that David Johnson profiles as a “volume-based RB2” in this spot. I think my expectations are lower.

Jordan Akins and Darren Fells are worth a FLEX spot here and there with Watson.

I’m leaning toward a very Chiefs-heavy stand on this one. Brandin Cooks is banged up, Randall Cobb is new, Nuk is gone, DFJ isn’t a thing anymore, Andy Reid has had extra time to prepare, Tyrann Mathieu is clairvoyant…I really struggle to come up with reasons why HOU takes command of this one. Chiefs will be the public side, but it’s still possible to go overweight and differentiate yourself with aggressive builds.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).