1:00 PM EST Miami (-6.5) at New England (6.5) —- T: 43.5

4:05 PM EST LA Chargers (-3.5) at Cincinnati (3.5) —- T: 44

4:25 PM EST Arizona (7.5) at San Francisco (-7.5) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST Tampa Bay (4) at New Orleans (-4) —- T: 49.5

8:20 PM EST Dallas (-2.5) at LA Rams (2.5) —- T: 50

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48

10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@BazookaDad said...

Doing 100 lineups for the first time. Better to put like 5 RB at the 15% ownership range and have a bunch of others or do I need to shrink my pool even more?

Any advice would be appreciated. My current player pool is 128 players, this include defenses.

Probably too many players tbh. I’d probably have 6-8 QB, 10-12 RB, 20-25 WR, 6-8 TE, 10 DST. Maybe a few one off receivers for stacks with the QBs. Correlate, correlate, correlate. Can’t stress that enough.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@Csquared1987 said...

Couple things…

- Harry COULD be Cam’s #1 WR… No true TE for the Pats, RBs are banged up, and Cam has had major success in the past with Kelvin Benjamin, and Devin Funchess(same body type). Not really worried about Howard or Byron Jones and only $5.2k on FD

-Aaron Rodgers will be playing a defense Sunday with basically no pass rush, and ALL new CBs…. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he threw 4TDs in the first half…

-The Jets are banged up at WR, and only have 2 RBs active Sunday. Le’veon Bell should touch the ball 23 times on Sunday…. $6.5k on FD

I’m a biased homer but I love the Rodgers play this weekend. Chip on shoulder A-A-Ron is my favorite.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

There is 2 40 plus year old QB’s playing each other – New Orleans has trended toward a more ball control run first offense- I don’t believe this will be anywhere near an “air show” with these two old goats out there. BIF will better break it down, but i’m not seeing any type of shootout

I’m leaning 27-24 but these are not high ADOT QBs instead they’ll dink/dunk it on you for 3 hours. Both teams will look to use the TEs/RBs in the passing game as well – I think the clock moves a little quick in this one as both QBs are efficient so they’ll score a bit but they likely aren’t trading 50+ yd bombs back and forth.

Evans likely to miss so you lose TBs best deep threat and will likely see more 2 TE and even 3 TE sets as a result. High percentage clock and stick moving throws.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Yep.

I’m at 131 players right now, but still have 7 teams to go over, so that number will likely be under 100. I think 50 to 80 is a good number if you are MME.

And definitely have to take a stand and go 70% or higher on 1 or 2 guys.

Agree with the first statement. Vehemently disagree with the second unless the play is so obvious that there is no other alternative (there are none of those this week)

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@49noobers said...

So basically, i came up with 67 total players in my initial scouting for week-1 DFS. 23 WRs, 7 TEs, 18 RBs, 11 QBs, and 7 Def. Plan to trim it down to 35-40.

Question for people who enters 50+ LUs in MM: What is optimal number of LUs i need to play for player pool of 40? I was planning to play 35-40 LUs initially.

2-2.5x player pool size. You want to be able to have enough variants of the different possibilities of your core.

• BazookaDad

Can someone explain why Aaron Jones is only projected to have less than 5% ownership? Am I missing something? He seems like a lock for me, get 3-4 catches, 80 yards and a TD seems plausible.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@BazookaDad said...

Can someone explain why Aaron Jones is only projected to have less than 5% ownership? Am I missing something? He seems like a lock for me, get 3-4 catches, 80 yards and a TD seems plausible.

Everyone is scared he’ll only get 12-15 touches. Don’t be everyone.

• BazookaDad

@thehazyone said...

Everyone is scared he’ll only get 12-15 touches. Don’t be everyone.

I got him at 20% right now for 100 lineup build. Just seems like a no brainer. Thanks for the confirmation!

• Csquared1987

@BazookaDad said...

I think jones is a solid play. He was sneakily GB’s #2 WR last season.

• AVivier

@thehazyone said...

Who is ready for some football? This guy is!!!

Welcome back and good luck! Let’s go win a million dollars!

• BazookaDad

Can we talk about Antonio Gibson for a minute please? I have a weird feeling that this game will end up getting pretty sloppy. Washington’s defence is pretty solid and I can see this game staying close.

Is it possible he gets a minimum of 15 carries? Any news out of camp if he is getting goal line work? I can’t find any information about that.

• AVivier

@BazookaDad said...

Can we talk about Antonio Gibson for a minute please? I have a weird feeling that this game will end up getting pretty sloppy. Washington’s defence is pretty solid and I can see this game staying close.

Is it possible he gets a minimum of 15 carries? Any news out of camp if he is getting goal line work? I can’t find any information about that.

He ran gl successfully with the 1’s in camp. He’s the most likely guy to get the work, but obv no guarantee.

• lotusbomb

@BIF said...

I’m leaning 27-24 but these are not high ADOT QBs instead they’ll dink/dunk it on you for 3 hours. Both teams will look to use the TEs/RBs in the passing game as well – I think the clock moves a little quick in this one as both QBs are efficient so they’ll score a bit but they likely aren’t trading 50+ yd bombs back and forth.

Evans likely to miss so you lose TBs best deep threat and will likely see more 2 TE and even 3 TE sets as a result. High percentage clock and stick moving throws.

you voiced my thoughts on the game perfectly.

everyone please ignore my half thought out cut off post one page back

• BazookaDad

Miles Sanders seems to be a go for Sunday, at least all the signs are pointing that way right now. Real talk here, last time he played Washington he shredded them for 120+ yards and 2 TD.

I am running 100 lineups for the first time ever and I have my player pool down to 81 players. Is using Sanders around 20% too much? The projected ownership seems to be between 13-16% depending where you look. I’m also going to assume his ownership will jump up once he is officially activated on Sunday.

I am confident in my player pool so far and just would like a few opinions on the logic here. I can see this game being a bit sloppy and have some Gibson also.

Edit: I wanted to add that I am at around half the projected ownership for Desean Jackson

• superjon

Down to 52 in my player pool

QB – 7
    RB – 13
    WR – 19
    TE – 8
    D/ST – 5

• Supanice

Bif you say you only play the milly with tickets but the ticket contests look harder than GPPs. The $.25 has 25 tickets out of 2378 people?

For anyone looking at contest selection I came across https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/Amicsta/4791/dfs-tournament-tracking-nfl-week-1/

• superjon

Thoughts…

Jack Doyle is expected to see an increase in targets with teammateTrey Burton dealing with a calf injury. Burton is expected to miss the first two weeks of the season.”

“This could be a great opportunity for Doyle to develop chemistry with the Colts’ new quarterback Philip Rivers early on in the season. Rivers has been known to frequently involve tight ends in the passing game, so Doyle could be a good sleeper to pay attention to in drafts.”

Brett Tomlinson –

• BIF

@Supanice said...

Bif you say you only play the milly with tickets but the ticket contests look harder than GPPs. The $.25 has 25 tickets out of 2378 people?

For anyone looking at contest selection I came across https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/Amicsta/4791/dfs-tournament-tracking-nfl-week-1/

There are other $1 and $5 options too but I get what you are saying.

Disappointed they didn’t have the $0.25 190 person ones for 2 tickets this week; they should be back next week.

• BiGtIGeRs

what are 7 best qb’s to play this week?

• monarch

One thing that stuck out to me on the Week 1 injury report is Marcus Davenport being listed out. That is a major plus IMO for Chris Godwin. He had two sacks vs TB last year in the one game he played. They can more easily scheme Cam Jordan out of the game now.

• JCappy

Hayzone — where do your ownership numbers come from? Either way, thank you for the chart. That is amazing!

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@JCappy said...

Hayzone — where do your ownership numbers come from? Either way, thank you for the chart. That is amazing!

Combined average of various ownership projection sources (so industry average). Then reworked to get an exact 100-245-345-110-100 percentile. It’s fairly accurate over the course of a season I’ve found.

• thedkexperience

@thehazyone said...

Combined average of various ownership projection sources (so industry average). Then reworked to get an exact 100-245-345-110-100 percentile. It’s fairly accurate over the course of a season I’ve found.

My brother sent me The Football Guys ownership chart. They had my favorite defense this week not even listed at under 0.1% owned 🤣

Let’s go Jags D!

• chatmar

@thehazyone said...

Hazy and BIF great to see both of you back around. Its that time of year again and I have to refresh my memory. Correlation, Correlation and Correlation. Can you guys please remind me what should focused on to win me a GPP. Best of Luck and lots of top 10 lineups!

• lukemiller42

Every rotogrinders podcast is stacking or loving Mitch Trubisky on the road vs Detroit. This is either the greatest troll job of all time or Dfs has passed me by. Mitch threw for more than one touchdown zero times last season. ZERO! He also threw zero touchdowns in 5/12 games. They spent a lot of money on Foles. But I’m seeing Trubisky love that almost seems manufactured or too big brained.

If he kills me he kills me but I’m certain Trubisky is not good at football and will almost surely be benched this season. I don’t even like Tyrod this week but you could play him for 200 more in a game with a higher total, better receiving weapons in ekeler and Allen, and a much higher rushing floor. Anyone else think this is lunacy and trying to avoid Detroit vs Chicago altogether?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).