1:00 PM EST Miami (-6.5) at New England (6.5) —- T: 43.5

4:05 PM EST LA Chargers (-3.5) at Cincinnati (3.5) —- T: 44

4:25 PM EST Arizona (7.5) at San Francisco (-7.5) —- T: 46
    4:25 PM EST Tampa Bay (4) at New Orleans (-4) —- T: 49.5

8:20 PM EST Dallas (-2.5) at LA Rams (2.5) —- T: 50

Monday, September 14th
    7:15 PM EST Pittsburgh (-3.5) at NY Giants (3.5) —- T: 48

10:10 PM EST Tennessee (2.5) at Denver (-2.5) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• AVivier

DraftKings rules say if the game is postponed, but played before the end of Wednesday it would count. After that, it would not count. So it’s possible we could have a couple day sweat depending on how this plays out.

“ The Scoring Period for NFL is defined as the timeframe between the scheduled start of the first game within the Game Set and 11:59pm ET on the first Wednesday after the last scheduled game within the Game Set.”

• Lamms30

@AVivier said...

DraftKings rules say if the game is postponed, but played before the end of Wednesday it would count. After that, it would not count. So it’s possible we could have a couple day sweat depending on how this plays out.

“ The Scoring Period for NFL is defined as the timeframe between the scheduled start of the first game within the Game Set and 11:59pm ET on the first Wednesday after the last scheduled game within the Game Set.”

Thanks

• Smallchimp

I’m down to H2H anyone rolling Gibson and Scott in the same lineup, but if both hit value, GPPs are going to be yucky with all the lineups that made the remaining salary work for them. Getting 30 for the pair would work pretty nicely if you ace the rest of the lineup

• kps3205s

So Colts haven’t won in Jax since 2014 but Rivers is 7-2 in his career against them.

Anyone considering T.Y. Hilton as he will be matched up against the rookie and the Jags #1 pick CJ Henderson?

• BIF

@Alvance83 said...

Sorry forgot to quote. If you could give me a name or 2 on your list bif that would be awesome
    Thanks

Some guys that probably go underowned
    Manny Sanders
    Preston Williams
    AJ Green and Boyd
    Sims Jr

Deeper flyers
    Kendrick Bourne
    Juston Jefferson
    Jalen Guyton
    Scotty Miller

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

• ifthethunder

Alright I’m here, finches. Can’t fight the power, cauliflower, etc. Ready to challenge Squidward head-to-head with my GPP lineup. (For a dollar, I’m not made of money you know.)
    ~

• synth

@superjon said...

Happens every single season.

Backup RB gets the start, and everyone goes on and on how he’s a free square and you’re stupid if you fade him blah blah blah.

Most of the time, they end up busting.

Now the price is good on Scott, and obviously a good matchup, so I won’t be doing a complete fade on him.

This is poor analysis imo.

Sure there are situations every year where a starter goes down and someone steps in, people chime in that it’s a free square, and that person busts. However those situations are often ones where the person stepping in is an unknown – or known poor – quality of a player, where it’s uncertain how they will factor in to the game plan, and where the matchup is shaky. The trick is to not always follow the free square or always avoid the free square. It’s to determine when the free square is actually free.

For example, last year Kerryon Johnson went down and there was a lot of chatter about the FREE SQUARE of Ty Johnson against a poor Giants team. Ty was an unknown quantity in terms of talent and it was uncertain how carries would really work out (Tre Carson outtouched him 12-7). It was a real risk that got hyped up into a free square because people love saving salary. It was a good free square to fade.

In this example it’s easier to project results. We’ve seen Boston Scott perform well when given the opportunity. 24FP, 13FP, and 35FP in 3 of the last 4 weeks last year. We’ve also seen him involved in the game plan with 10 carries + 6 receptions in week 14 last year, 6 carries + 7 receptions in week 15, and 19 carries + 4 receptions in week 17. The matchup is also a positive as a near touchdown favorite.

So we have a player that’s shown to be able to get touches, be productive with those touches, and have a good matchup. This is the good free square imo and just brushing it off because sometimes people hype up bad free squares is a leak imo.

• Dfspacman

Some people on my fanduel snake drafts are stuck with Sanders, Golladay and Evans..

• Dfspacman

Don’t know what to with Lamar

• wolfshield

@synth said...

This is poor analysis imo.

Sure there are situations every year where a starter goes down and someone steps in, people chime in that it’s a free square, and that person busts. However those situations are often ones where the person stepping in is an unknown – or known poor – quality of a player, where it’s uncertain how they will factor in to the game plan, and where the matchup is shaky. The trick is to not always follow the free square or always avoid the free square. It’s to determine when the free square is actually free.

For example, last year Kerryon Johnson went down and there was a lot of chatter about the FREE SQUARE of Ty Johnson against a poor Giants team. Ty was an unknown quantity in terms of talent and it was uncertain how carries would really work out (Tre Carson outtouched him 12-7). It was a real risk that got hyped up into a free square because people love saving salary. It was a good free square to fade.

In this example it’s easier to project results. We’ve seen Boston Scott perform well when given the opportunity. 24FP, 13FP, and 35FP in 3 of the last 4 weeks last year. We’ve also seen him involved in the game plan with 10 carries + 6 receptions in week 14 last year, 6 carries + 7 receptions in week 15, and 19 carries + 4 receptions in week 17. The matchup is also a positive as a near touchdown favorite.

So we have a player that’s shown to be able to get touches, be productive with those touches, and have a good matchup. This is the good free square imo and just brushing it off because sometimes people hype up bad free squares is a leak imo.

Well said. Rostering Scott will allow me to pivot away from Djax chalk and onto Davante Adams who should get peppered with targets….kinda makes me want to jump off Lamar and run AROD for the stack and continue to invest elsewhere. Just my example of roster possibility by running Scott.

• Rickytango13

Did anyone ever get their $20 and $10 tickets from the bonus promotions? I’ve only gotten my $5 one thus far and support is ignoring me

• AVivier

@Rickytango13 said...

Did anyone ever get their $20 and $10 tickets from the bonus promotions? I’ve only gotten my $5 one thus far and support is ignoring me

Yeah, got the 20, 10 and 5.

• BiGtIGeRs

I need 7 best qb plays this week

• baseballislife93

DK NFL policy: If a game is rescheduled for a time OUTSIDE the original Scoring Period and this change is made less than 24 hours before a Game Set’s start, the game will be disabled from the Game Set and players listed to play in that game will NOT be eligible to accrue point.

• IronMonkey415

Miles Sanders will not play.
    I was hoping he would eat tomorrow

• Tapindouble

Is there an idiot jumpstart for someone who accidentally exported 1 LU to every contest they were in………. asking for a moron

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@AVivier said...

That’s actually wrong.

If a game is rescheduled for a time OUTSIDE the original Scoring Period and this change is made less than 24 hours before a Game Set’s start, the game will be disabled from the Game Set and players listed to play in that game will NOT be eligible to accrue point. Players who you selected for your roster as of the time of the lock of the disabled game will remain in your roster and will accrue zero points. Players in disabled games will become locked at the originally scheduled start time of their game.

• byo34

Went from having Chargers D all week to not only fading them, but taking a Bengals WR. Single entry.

Let’s see if its the right decision!

• AVivier

@thehazyone said...

That’s actually wrong.

If a game is rescheduled for a time OUTSIDE the original Scoring Period and this change is made less than 24 hours before a Game Set’s start, the game will be disabled from the Game Set and players listed to play in that game will NOT be eligible to accrue point. Players who you selected for your roster as of the time of the lock of the disabled game will remain in your roster and will accrue zero points. Players in disabled games will become locked at the originally scheduled start time of their game.

The “scoring period” as defined by DK runs until 11:59 pm on Wednesday as I understand it. The key phrase being how they defined scoring period.

I have never had to sweat smoke before, so any clarification is a plus.

• AVivier

This is DK’s rules verbatim on the issue:

Cancelled, Postponed, and Rescheduled Games

In the event that a game is cancelled or postponed & rescheduled to a time within the original Scoring Period and this change is made less than 24 hours before a Game Set’s start, the game will be included in the Game Set and players listed to play in that game will be eligible to accrue points.

The Scoring Period for NFL is defined as the timeframe between the scheduled start of the first game within the Game Set and 11:59pm ET on the first Wednesday after the last scheduled game within the Game Set. In the event that a game is cancelled or postponed & rescheduled to any time (both outside & within the original Scoring Period) and this change is made MORE than 24 hours before a Game Set’s start, it is at the sole discretion of Draftkings to include or remove the game from that given Game Set.

DraftKings may choose to adjust the Scoring Period for a Game Set at their sole discretion to accommodate schedule changes to any time before 12:00am ET on the day after the Game Set is scheduled.

Any games that are disabled will be indicated as such on Draft Screens. Emails and other notifications may also be used to notify users of disabled games.

If canceled or rescheduled games result in a Game Set including only one active game and this is known before the contest start time then all contests for that Game Set will be canceled and refunded.

If a Game Set includes only one active game but this was not known until after the contest start time then contests for this Game Set will not be canceled.

Games are “known” to be canceled or postponed once their status is updated as such by DraftKings’ NFL stats-provider, STATS LLC.

Example: If a Game Set includes two games at 8pm ET and 10:30pm ET respectively, and the 10:30pm ET game is officially postponed at 6pm ET then all contests for that Game Set are canceled and refunded. If the 10:30pm ET game was not officially postponed until after 8pm ET then contests for that Game Set are not canceled and are played out using only the one active game.

If canceled or rescheduled games result in a Game Set including zero active games, all contests for that Game Set will be canceled and refunded.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Yea I assume scoring period is Sunday. Wednesday makes no sense.

• CleverGroom

@thehazyone said...

Ugh I hate playing chalk RBs. Was easy to fade Gibson. Scott not so much.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

• Getty33

@kps3205s said...

So Colts haven’t won in Jax since 2014 but Rivers is 7-2 in his career against them.

Anyone considering T.Y. Hilton as he will be matched up against the rookie and the Jags #1 pick CJ Henderson?

Maybe for a quick hitter in the first half if you’re lucky. In the 2 games vs Jax last year, the Colts ran it on average 30 times per game. No reason to challenge the young secondary as the Jags defense is so weak up front. A contrarian stack in open contests might be both Mack and Taylor as RB 1&2 correlated with a Hilton one timer and the Colts D. Just know that Indy is the class of the AFC South this year because they control the line of scrimmage.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.