1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at NY Giants ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6 ) at Kansas City ( -6 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at New England ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at LA Rams ( -7 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 13th
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -4.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 51.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

They are still playing the Raiders, correct?

I don’t hate the Raiders at home on MNF; not sure I’ll bet it but I won’t be playing the Balt side

• thedkexperience

@BIF said...

I don’t hate the Raiders at home on MNF; not sure I’ll bet it but I won’t be playing the Balt side

Ravens will absolutely destroy the Raiders. Huge Lamar game incoming.

The Ravens are far from the best team in the NFL but there is not an organization in football more likely to beat the absolute hell out of an average team like Baltimore. There is just no other team like them and average teams don’t have the tools to get Baltimore out of their comfort zone no matter who the RB is.

• Tapindouble

@TopDawgs07 said...

I wonder if Hazy will be around next weekend with his projections?

Bump to this.

This is the best document going each week. I’ve been waiting for a month to see it drop already ha!

• HoodsFromTheWood

@squidkill said...

pretty sure that is Hood’s spawn who writes that- or use to…?

Lol me and my spawn will be in Philly this weekend on DraftKings dime. TheMish has 2 out of the 100 entries in the DK Fantasy Baseball World Championships.

Hopefully it’ll be

• TopDawgs07

@squidkill said...

pretty sure that is Hood’s spawn who writes that- or use to…?

I noticed over the weekend it looks like his website is gone. You can still find him on twitter, but his website wasn’t around. It was www.themishdfs.com

I feel like some of the better free info I used to get isn’t around in 2021. Hoping everyone has been waiting for Week 1 to get back in the flow.

• timusbr

@TopDawgs07 said...

I’m in agreement on those and added in Carolina.

Carolina is starting to look like my best bet of the week.
    -5 vs the Jets at home

some of my reasoning, New HC, New rookie QB (can someone tell me the success ratio NYJ has with rookie QB’s? sorry thats rhetorical ), Offensive line looks beat up….bad.

• Smallchimp

Betting on a bad team to spank another bad team is a tall ask imo. Both teams have glaring weaknesses and I don’t think either really has the capability of shooting out yet. Awesome Carolina skill position players but a horrendous OL and QB. Serviceable skill position players and a rookie QB for NYJ. I’m not in love with risking a parlay on either side.

> can someone tell me the success ratio NYJ has with rookie QB’s?

Darnold was the last rookie drafted in NYJ in the first round since Sanchez almost a decade earlier. Teams that don’t prioritize QB with the necessary capital get their just desserts, it’s simple. Wilson looks like a baller per most accounts. It’s just tough to crown him as anything yet.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Smallchimp said...

Awesome Carolina skill position players but a horrendous OL and QB.

I love all the hate on Darnold. He’s gonna surprise some guys this year IMO. Adam Gase is development purgatory!!!

• Smallchimp

@hautalak said...

I love all the hate on Darnold. He’s gonna surprise some guys this year IMO. Adam Gase is development purgatory!!!

Eh, you must’ve missed Jets games (especially those from last season). Darnold was overrated coming into the league (his best college tape was in his freshman year) and his abilities only degenerated with time. He is the exact opposite of a cerebral QB and his boneheadedness slides under the radar for people who didn’t watch him from week to week. The lowlights (especially from last season) are 100% mental errors by Darnold and not Gase’s fault. Expecting something great from him is essentially expecting a total reboot with a jump similar to Josh Allen’s. You’re betting on a QB entirely reinventing himself.

Gase is one of the worst coaches of the past few years for sure, but acting like it’s a sure thing to bet on anyone who breaks free from him is ugly shorthand. Tannehill was fine before Gase, but he was injured frequently enough to where Miami was best served to move on. Ajayi, Landry, and Crowder had some of their best years under Gase. Damien Williams had a decent stretch after leaving Gase, but now he’s an irrelevant backup. I don’t think Gase is good for many players besides his chosen slot receiver, but there’s not enough reason to think there’s mega regression coming for a player once they shake free.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I mean we’ll see I just think Darnold could surprise. Not going overboard with him or anything, just think he’ll be a serviceable QB that can win some games.

• Smallchimp

@hautalak said...

I mean we’ll see I just think Darnold could surprise. Not going overboard with him or anything, just think he’ll be a serviceable QB that can win some games.

I understand, I just have my doubts that he’s anything more than a passenger along for whatever ride they take him on. Best case scenario is Rhule/Brady being an earworm like McVay was for Goff and designing each play for him.

• Smallchimp

Looks like PFF’s favorite WR vs CB matchups on the weekend are Brandon Aiyuk vs. Detroit and Terry McLaurin vs. LA. They love Aiyuk against Okudah and Parker and the Oruwariye matchup (the most likely pairing) is still positive. McLaurin vs. Michael Davis looks very favorable, but the other matchups are average or a little better.

While many seem turned off by the play already, PFF seems to be really bearish on Chase’s first outing per CB matchups. Every matchup is rated as below average or worse.

• timusbr

at smallchimp,

you post some good opinions, just reading current stuff right now as I get myself in order to draft best ball. I am also looking to this weeks games on betting and LU’s. so….I am behind but feeling good about starting best ball tonight.

I disagree with you on things. Darnell wasnt that bad, the team had issues. He wasnt that great either, so its stupid to defend him. I like he is playing his old team…thats got to be something in CAR favor. I think anything good or bad about White is all hearsay at the moment. a lifetime of watching the Jets and QB’s tells me to go against them. The OL of the jets per ESPN depth chart says they are in trouble with IR/OUT starters and backups. That cant be good news. (fact checking is needed as to extent and non pt scoring players are more difficult to ferret out.)

look forward to your opinions, dont think less of me because I will disagree. LMAO, its the NFL, the greatest gambling sport in the world. and against the crowd is my mantra.

• marker0357

@Smallchimp said...

Looks like PFF’s favorite WR vs CB matchups on the weekend are Brandon Aiyuk vs. Detroit and Terry McLaurin vs. LA. They love Aiyuk against Okudah and Parker and the Oruwariye matchup (the most likely pairing) is still positive. McLaurin vs. Michael Davis looks very favorable, but the other matchups are average or a little better.

While many seem turned off by the play already, PFF seems to be really bearish on Chase’s first outing per CB matchups. Every matchup is rated as below average or worse.

who’s Parker?

• Smallchimp

@marker0357 said...

who’s Parker?

Some DB on Detroit I guess. Never heard of him lol

• squidkill

@BIF said...

I saw a crazy stat for Baltimore on opening day- Im not worried about the travel week 1 and I’ll take the HC side with Balty

• squidkill

@squidkill said...

I saw a crazy stat for Baltimore on opening day- Im not worried about the travel week 1 and I’ll take the HC side with Balty

That being said— If I cut one game off my opening day parlay Buffett, its them-

• Lbb11

From my first look — Aiyuk, Metcalf and Hopkins looked like the three juiciest matchups to me given talent of the receiver and the CB. McLaurin is someone who I hadn’t thought of as I just don’t love that game but he’s interesting.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

What the duck?! I pocket dropped Julio in my nearest Yahoo league or I got hacked. Anyone know if that can be rectified or I just screwed my season in a $ league?

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

I’m not even sure what the stat is but I’m gonna guess it ends up with “Baltimore beats the doors off a mediocre team by 40” as is opening week tradition.

• Packapunch

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

What the duck?! I pocket dropped Julio in my nearest Yahoo league or I got hacked. Anyone know if that can be rectified or I just screwed my season in a $ league?

The commissioner can fix it if he/she wants. I had to take away and give back players people were dropping and adding to their significant others/friends teams when they are eliminated from the playoffs already.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@Packapunch said...

The commissioner can fix it if he/she wants. I had to take away and give back players people were dropping and adding to their significant others/friends teams when they are eliminated from the playoffs already.

But it’s a Public Pro $ league there is no commissioner. Do you know if there’s an email I can contact?

• Packapunch

But it’s a Public Pro $ league there is no commissioner. Do you know if there’s an email I can contact?

Gotcha. Try doing the online chat with Yahoo. That’s usually how I get directed or helped if I need anything. Hope it works out for you. That does suck.

• squidkill

It was ur punishment for drafting an injury riddled, old WR

I’m a season long guy now. 🔥

• timusbr

Hey Squid whats your take on MIA @ NE.

battle of the conference mentor vs protégé. Almost a whole new Offense for NE, I like the WR pickups

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).