1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at NY Giants ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6 ) at Kansas City ( -6 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at New England ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at LA Rams ( -7 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 13th
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -4.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 51.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• emnj69

@NDNole said...

Yeah my take is strictly on GPP. Its weird because you’d think it shouldnt matter but it certainly does. There is almost always that one guy or two who makes the difference in the late game a good deal of the time.

I liked it when dk included the sunday night game as part of the main slate. I also like to have a few guys in later games in general as it is more fun chasing the leader then being chased and watching your score drop in the rankings

• nerman

@NDNole said...

Yeah my take is strictly on GPP. Its weird because you’d think it shouldnt matter but it certainly does. There is almost always that one guy or two who makes the difference in the late game a good deal of the time.

There is always a hammer or two in the afternoon games.

• marker0357

It has nothing to do with the start times. It’s just the fact that West coast teams play later, especially when at home, and some of the better or higher scoring teams have been from the West coast.

• NDNole

@marker0357 said...

It has nothing to do with the start times. It’s just the fact that West coast teams play later, especially when at home, and some of the better or higher scoring teams have been from the West coast.

So doesnt that make start times a factor? If West coast teams at least currently tend to have high scoring teams and they start at a later time then that makes their later start time a factor. And its not just west coast teams in the late games that are hammers. Look over years of GPP winners. A high amount of them have late hammers. To say start time doesnt matter is not factual as a whole. What matters is that someone from the late game is usually needed to take down a GPP and its not really disputable because all we have to do is look back at the past winners.

• NDNole

Disclaimer…….I like Zach Wilson way more than I think I should for week one and being a rookie on the road, so you guys should probably not pay attention to anything I say lol.

• Getty33

@marker0357 said...

My theory is that late game players are typically lower owned than the early starters. Therefore they carry more leverage against the field.

• bazerko

The winner in the week 1 contest from 2020 (200K to 1st) only had 1 player from the 4:25 games in their lineup (Raheem Mostert).

• siddom

I’m looking at Calloway, jeudy, arod stack from late games….anyone else?

• NDNole

@siddom said...

Calloway

Everyone is looking at Calloway and probably rightfully so.

• marker0357

@NDNole said...

So doesnt that make start times a factor? If West coast teams at least currently tend to have high scoring teams and they start at a later time then that makes their later start time a factor. And its not just west coast teams in the late games that are hammers. Look over years of GPP winners. A high amount of them have late hammers. To say start time doesnt matter is not factual as a whole. What matters is that someone from the late game is usually needed to take down a GPP and its not really disputable because all we have to do is look back at the past winners.

Sorry, disagree. It depends upon the teams, not the start time. It is true that due to West coast offenses driving scores up have a much greater opportunity to play in the later games but it’s not due to being located there or playing in the late games. It’s an indirect result. In the end, you arrive at the same conclusion which is to have some exposure to the late games. My only point was that it’s a false narrative to base that upon starting time. West coast teams are related to late start times. I suppose you could say the same for the NBA in years past where Lakers and GSW would indicate higher scores and were more likely to play in later games.

• marker0357

@Getty33 said...

My theory is that late game players are typically lower owned than the early starters. Therefore they carry more leverage against the field.

Why do you think that late game players are less owned? It would be interesting to see if that were accurate. I truly don’t know. If true, this would cause me to bet the late game slate only for leverage. Honestly, I usually have action on all slates (Sun only, Early Only, Late Only, etc.)

• marker0357

Anyone have thoughts on DST for week 1? I know it’s early but I usually set a placeholder early to hold a slot in some contests which I think might fill early. Initially, I thought JAX due to the ineptness of HOU but now having second thoughts based upon what I’ve seen from JAX so far. I’ve also looked at IND and LAC thus far. Your input is welcome.

• siddom

Bills dst

• siddom

Calloway or ridley, dk gpp?

• NDNole

@marker0357 said...

Sorry, disagree. It depends upon the teams, not the start time. It is true that due to West coast offenses driving scores up have a much greater opportunity to play in the later games but it’s not due to being located there or playing in the late games. It’s an indirect result. In the end, you arrive at the same conclusion which is to have some exposure to the late games. My only point was that it’s a false narrative to base that upon starting time. West coast teams are related to late start times. I suppose you could say the same for the NBA in years past where Lakers and GSW would indicate higher scores and were more likely to play in later games.

You disagree but it sure sounds like you agree lol. I get your point, and to be clear I also agree the “start time” is irrelevant. To even mention it in that way is just dealing in semantics. The fact is that for whatever reason, there is a late hammer most times. It is fact. And as such, it is wise to see which guys from the late games are likely to be impactful when creating lineups for GPP. To your point if the late game is jets vs browns over the past few years sure that could be ignored. Teams do matter.

• NDNole

@marker0357 said...

Anyone have thoughts on DST for week 1? I know it’s early but I usually set a placeholder early to hold a slot in some contests which I think might fill early. Initially, I thought JAX due to the ineptness of HOU but now having second thoughts based upon what I’ve seen from JAX so far. I’ve also looked at IND and LAC thus far. Your input is welcome.

I was thinking Jax as well but I cant see risking them week one. They dont look good at all on defense. They do have players that on paper should be good though. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up near last in defense again this year. But because of the talent I also wouldnt be surprised if they were top 10 lol! They have the players or at least a few that should do well in theory.

I have been leaning on the BIlls for week one. Big Ben is washed and I think the bills can return good value week one at 2500 on DK. I also like the redskins because they can get after the QB. 3200 on DK.

• marker0357

@siddom said...

Bills dst

How has Big Ben looked so far in camp? He was pretty pathetic most of last year but his O-line was also bad and it could be said that the running game should improve if you believe in Harris as an upgrade. Okorafor better be ready to protect that blind spot or Big Ben could be in for a long day. Hmmm

• bigwillie20

@emnj69 said...

I liked it when dk included the sunday night game as part of the main slate

• nerman

@bazerko said...

The winner in the week 1 contest from 2020 (200K to 1st) only had 1 player from the 4:25 games in their lineup (Raheem Mostert).

What to do with Mostert now having this info? Will definitely have him in at least 1 line.

• Getty33

@NDNole said...

Disclaimer…….I like Zach Wilson way more than I think I should for week one and being a rookie on the road, so you guys should probably not pay attention to anything I say lol.

Funny because I think I’m buying the Sam Darnold revenge angle for that game. Either way, the total of 43.5 is too low. I bet over at 43 but would play it up to 45. Sneaky good fantasy game for both sides too.

• markymark13

@marker0357 said...

As others have said the Bills look good. I also think the Broncos will be very good on defense this year, and Daniel Jones is usually good for some turnovers and sacks

• manBEAST

Had some Lock stacks, but Bridgewater is a serious downgrade to their weapons. Another season of playing their RBs and Defense, poor Jeudy no more bombs just slants and hoping one of them take it to the house…what a dissapointment for Bronco fans and fantasy players alike. I’m sure they both play as Fangio usually gets Broncos off to a 0-4 start.

• siddom

@nerman said...

What to do with Mostert now having this info? Will definitely have him in at least 1 line.

Unlikely that he’s in the winning lineup in backpack years imo

• JH822547

Which rookie players have fully gone off in Week 1 in recent years?

I can only think of Hollywood Brown vs Miami and Tarik Cohen vs Atlanta.

• NDNole

@Getty33 said...

Funny because I think I’m buying the Sam Darnold revenge angle for that game. Either way, the total of 43.5 is too low. I bet over at 43 but would play it up to 45. Sneaky good fantasy game for both sides too.

Yeah I agree. The total is too low and could be some sneaky value there. Kid Zach looked good so far for a rook. Not just talking stats. The way he flicks the wrist and gets the ball out. I just see good things for him. Might as well get in ahead of the crowd ang buy early. Darnold, I still think is a good player. He could do well too. He definitely has some weapons.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).