1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at NY Giants ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6 ) at Kansas City ( -6 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at New England ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at LA Rams ( -7 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 13th
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -4.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 51.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cedric19

QBs vulturing TDs now

I give up

• BIF

Not gonna lie, I have 2 Fields lineups that are now sniffing the cash line.
    #WeekOneDFS !

• JCappy

@cedric19 said...

QBs vulturing TDs now

I give up

It appears Montgomery hurt his hand.

• JCappy

It’s usually not a good thing if a hand/wrist/finger injury requires a trip to the locker room. Probably it for Montgomery.

• cedric19

Vulturing From Dalton

• Skee

These numbers are getting to me. I didn’t know who Williams was until just a little bit ago, because he had mostly catches not runs

• BIF

@Skee said...

These numbers are getting to me. I didn’t know who Williams was until just a little bit ago, because he had mostly catches not runs

💯

I hate these new numbers they are allowing; I didn’t know what number half of my guys were wearing today

• JCappy

Wasn’t there a fella on here claiming Goff and Stafford were equals? Staff is pretty much flawless tonight.

• ifthethunder

@JCappy said...

Wasn’t there a fella on here claiming Goff and Stafford were equals? Staff is pretty much flawless tonight.

Funny you should mention the Galloping Chicken. Here’s the lineup I was going to enter, but I ran out of time:

QB Jared Goff 5,100 QB 32.92
    RB1 Melvin Gordon III 5,300 RB 23.80
    RB2 Joe Mixon 6,200 RB 28.00
    WR1 Tyreek Hill 8,200 WR 40.10
    WR2 Deebo Samuel 5,900 WR 35.90
    WR3 Christian Kirk 4,500 WR 24.00
    TE T.J. Hockenson 4,900 TE 25.70
    FLEX Adam Thielen 7,000 WR 30.20
    DST Arizona Cardinals 2,100 DST 16.00
    ——————————
    DK name 49,200 position 256.62

Seriously though, congrats to blbrown1994 (5) and his $1,021,052.63. Who’d have thought Joe Burrow would be in the winning lineup with 18.64 points? Also, Melvin + Marvin was a nice touch. And of course, Deebo.
    ~

• chronoxiong

Hi NFL DFS. It was nice to be reminded why I can no longer win consistently in this sport anymore. Too much bingo luck involved. Too much vulturing of TDs going on too. My 49ers? I’m glad they won but I didn’t roster Deebo Samuel. Nor did roster Elijah Mitchell. I had Raheem Mosthurt though. My lineup sucked overall. Didn’t even crack 100 points. Its no wonder why I am no longer playing high volume on this sport. Thanks.

• bazerko

So the winning lineup for $1 million on DK had:

QB-Burrow
    RB-Mixon
    RB-Melvin Gordon
    WR-Tyreek Hill
    WR-Deebo Samuel
    WR-Higgins
    TE-Kelce
    FLEX-Marvin Jones
    DST-Cardinals

Was this a complete lottery lineup? Or were these all good plays? Well, I think the Cardinals DST was just a cheap play that got lucky.

• bigwillie20

@bazerko said...

RB-Melvin Gordon

I really liked the Broncos run game but I went basically all Javonte Williams for much cheaper. Only problem was Williams 14 carries went for a whole 45 yards while Gordon went 11-101-1 plus caught 3 balls. Having a bunch of Aiyuk and no Deebo wasn’t ideal either. I won’t even start on how much Mostert I had…

• emnj69

this was one weekend where the fade the chalk strategy was brilliant-sadly I choked on chalk so badly my stomachs is still not right today-

my worst take of the weekend was the falcons core of ryan ridley and pitts would carry me to victory…. love the fact that Pitts price was raised by dk this week too lol

• superjon

@bazerko said...

So the winning lineup for $1 million on DK had:

QB-Burrow
    RB-Mixon
    RB-Melvin Gordon
    WR-Tyreek Hill
    WR-Deebo Samuel
    WR-Higgins
    TE-Kelce
    FLEX-Marvin Jones
    DST-Cardinals

Was this a complete lottery lineup? Or were these all good plays? Well, I think the Cardinals DST was just a cheap play that got lucky.

Looks good to me. All solid plays. Got the QB-RB-WR stack.

Cheap DST probably wins more often than expensive ones.

The only thing I wouldn’t have had (just based on rules I set up) is pairing Kelce and Hill without Mahomes.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Week 1 Lessons for me

1. Never trust anybody from SF. It’s seemingly likely to be a different guy each week. Team is maddening!!!

2. Should have known Urban would fail! Robinson was fool’s gold at too high of a price. This one could be hindsight but will not favor JAX in many games after that one.

3. All in on Chester Rodgers. Obviously that one is tongue in cheek but sad he was TEN top WR. They have some work to do. The real point is ARI D could be in play this year.

4. It’s been mentioned but looks like the year of “rotating QBs” for a couple of teams. When do each take over?

5. Just play Hill & Kelce each week! Another kind of obvious one but damn.

Any others to add on to remember for next week?

• bazerko

Just out of curiosity, what made you like their run game? Was it because the game script would make them run more? I was reading that the Giants have a decent defensive line, and this matchup was not the best for their RBs.

• bigez952

@superjon said...

The only thing I wouldn’t have had (just based on rules I set up) is pairing Kelce and Hill without Mahomes.

This was my same thought. Everything on that winning lineup I heard plenty about throughout the week. AZ D was a good leverage play against the projected higher ownership on the Ten O (I like playing cheap D flyers vs. highly touted O’s as leverage in large field tourney’s). I also wouldn’t have played Hill and Kelce together just because they were both so expensive that it hard for both to smash enough to pay off all that salary. It worked out but all of my lineups were a either or for those two.

It helps out that this week was lower scoring than many week 1’s with lots of chalk busting so you didn’t need to hit 250+ to be in contention for the top.

• ifthethunder

@superjon said...

Looks good to me. All solid plays. Got the QB-RB-WR stack.

I think injuries had an affect on who did what in S.F. – DET. Also, Vegas got the game total wrong (S.F. favored by 9, total 45.5), so stacking a 49ers receiver going off like was contrarian. So a combo of luck and skill did the trick. As usual.

P.S. Bummer for me, I had Deebo in my default lineup that I made to enter BIF’s contest. Eventually swapped him out for others, including a couple with Brandon Aiyuk. Kyle Shanahan strikes again! (Also had way too much Raheem Mostert, like many others.)

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/9/13/22670810/49ers-in-five-is-brandon-aiyuk-in-kyle-shanahans-doghouse
    ~

• winnerchickendinner

@ifthethunder said...

Funny you should mention the Galloping Chicken. Here’s the lineup I was going to enter, but I ran out of time:

QB Jared Goff 5,100 QB 32.92
    RB1 Melvin Gordon III 5,300 RB 23.80
    RB2 Joe Mixon 6,200 RB 28.00
    WR1 Tyreek Hill 8,200 WR 40.10
    WR2 Deebo Samuel 5,900 WR 35.90
    WR3 Christian Kirk 4,500 WR 24.00
    TE T.J. Hockenson 4,900 TE 25.70
    FLEX Adam Thielen 7,000 WR 30.20
    DST Arizona Cardinals 2,100 DST 16.00
    ——————————
    DK name 49,200 position 256.62

Seriously though, congrats to blbrown1994 (5) and his $1,021,052.63. Who’d have thought Joe Burrow would be in the winning lineup with 18.64 points? Also, Melvin + Marvin was a nice touch. And of course, Deebo.
    ~

Tough break man.
    Get it next time

• winnerchickendinner

Anyone get their $20DK dollars if they entered 20 lineups yesterday yet?

• bazerko

The thing you mentioned about playing a DST vs. a team with a highly touted offense is something that I had never thought of, that’s great insight.
    Just like you, I would have not played Kelce/Hill together because my thought process was “two guys both over 8k makes it tough for both to hit their ceilings”. In hindsight, I have to remember that those two are borderline the only offensive weapons that KC will use.

• thedkexperience

I’m the guy who claimed Goff and Stafford were equals.

Goff – 32.92 points playing from behind on a bad team who will have to throw a ton because they are already behind.

Stafford- 27.34 points playing from ahead on a good team who won’t have to throw a ton because they are probably winning a lot.

How was I wrong?

Both are average starting QBs who will do well in the win column with a lot of talent around them and just put up empty stats when they don’t.

• thedkexperience

@JCappy said...

You know Goff scored more points right?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Stafford – 20/26, 321 yards, 3 td/0 int, QBR – 89.9

Goff – 38/57, 338 yards, 3 td/1 int, QBR – 24.9

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

I think the Rams offense looked better than it ever did with Goff at the wheel. Maybe the Bears just suck that bad. Week 1 goes to Stafford

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).