1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at NY Giants ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6 ) at Kansas City ( -6 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at New England ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at LA Rams ( -7 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 13th
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -4.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 51.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• fitz2k2

Gilmore cb is on the pup list. So pats have no shutdown corners currently?

• BIF

@squidkill said...

I think Cam is headed your way BIF… lol

I’d gladly take him as a backup because Trask isn’t ready and Gabbert is awful – Cam can at least win you a game or preserve a lead if Tom went down.

• squidkill

@fitz2k2 said...

Gilmore cb is on the pup list. So pats have no shutdown corners currently?

JC Jackson is a very talented and up in coming CB…. I wouldn’t classify as SHUTDOWN, but you can barely count on one hand the number of “SHUTDOWN” corners in the game.

• thedkexperience

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Jesus, Mac Jones at 4400 now behind one of the leagues better O lines.

It says here I can fit in CMC and the entire rest of the 2019 all-pro team now …

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

Saints’ HC Sean Payton told reporters that the team will be away from New Orleans through September as the city recovers from Hurricane Ida. This means the regular-season week 1 Packers-Saints matchup is not expected to be played in New Orleans, as scheduled.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 31, 2021

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

Game will most likely be played at Cowboys stadium

• byo34

Trying my hardest to not let my personal Patriots bias get in the way of DFS NFL this year.. but Mac Jones that cheap I don’t think I will be able to help myself. Will likely pair him with Jakobi and/or one of the TEs.

• parrothead112

@byo34 said...

Trying my hardest to not let my personal Patriots bias get in the way of DFS NFL this year.. but Mac Jones that cheap I don’t think I will be able to help myself. Will likely pair him with Jakobi and/or one of the TEs.

Have they been using James White at all in the pre-season? He seems like a pretty good safety valve for a rookie QB.

• superjon

Trask is the heir to the throne.

-Biased Gators fan

• TomBradyBlueMamba

I don’t think White is quite as up to speed as he used to be. He’s moreso a veteran captain than a big target option imo. That being said, I don’t think any other RB on the team is built for pass catching so that role if existent may be 100% for White.

But they drafted Mac Jones for his accuracy, it’s been looking spot on in the preseason, and they have a line to buy him time. I think they’re more looking to air the ball out and pound the rock early and maybe even on 3rd downs. They were one of the most successful rush teams last year. With Kendrick Bourne looking healthy this year, another year for Jakobi, Agholor who proved himself capable last season, and Harry possibly showing up, throw Jonnu and Henry in the mix this team is super exciting. Also the defense is back in form I think this team is going to get slept on. Gilmore is 30 and playing to prove himself for his next contact, many big millions on the line for him. Very exciting.

• WildFireXXI

Malcolm Butler retired. Not that he was the best but cardinals going to have to score 50 every game. Clear pass funnel D for the year now

• nerman

Speaking of pass funnel D… who are the top 5 teams to target in the air? I’m looking at the Falcons, Jets, Eagles.

• thedkexperience

Me: Talks a bunch of trash about playing Callaway.

Also Me: Finally looks at prices on DK and has Callaway in my single entry build. Sigh …

So … how bout that Callaway value?

Now that we’re passed that my first build is a Falcons stack. I also think Chubb might be sneaky at 7200.

• Smallchimp

@thedkexperience said...

Well, well, well. Glad you see it our way!

• noddy

So with Mac starting can NE win the game? Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Dolphins good against rookie/back up QB’s?

• thedkexperience

@Smallchimp said...

Well, well, well. Glad you see it our way!

Haha yeah … I kind of like Quez Watkins for really cheap too.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@thedkexperience said...

Welcome to the dark side

• siddom

if all my players are under 15% pOWN is that too low?

• Smallchimp

@siddom said...

What does percent ownership inherently mean as a metric? Like what is the reason that you individually use it as a part of your mental calculus when building a lineup?

• BIF

@siddom said...

I’d just play the guys who are going to score the most fantasy points….

• squidkill

@siddom said...

i feel like im being tested

• bjrogers2000

Is Mac Jones giving anyone a boner for week 1?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

I’d just play the guys who are going to score the most fantasy points….

I think I see what you did there… it’s the joke that keeps on giving.

Hate that I have to wait another week for NFL but still have a couple season longs and Best Balls to do.

• squidkill

As labor day approaches always think of those who we have lost…….

Deebo, Raymond, Mike 42 , Clever Groom(always good for 1 week), Keephustlin, etc….

Hanging on to the hope they return.

• BIF

@hautalak said...

I think I see what you did there… it’s the joke that keeps on giving.

Hate that I have to wait another week for NFL but still have a couple season longs and Best Balls to do.

Ha ha but there is some truth to it in NFL, Ownership has very little importance as unlike golf/NASCAR where everyone picks a 6 player lineup from a pool of options all playing the same DK position (thus dupes and 5/6 overlaps are a reality); while NFL allows you to easily differentiate without even trying to as you are picking a lineup of 9 players (versus 6) and only a max of 4 (assuming your Flex is a WR) of those players come from one position. Just by playing a RB or TE at Flex will differentiate you from over half the lineups on construction alone. Differentiation also comes easily as you pick just 1 QB and 1 DST from 25+ options at each position so easy to be different without trying again.

I only think about ownership after the fact if I’m trying to make a late swap before the 4pm ET games kick off and I have a good lineup going and have just 1-2 players left to play and they are super chalky which would prevent me from making up much ground. I’d likely switch to a lesser (projected) owned combo to gain some leverage so my lineup can move up more easily.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).