NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 9/10
    8:30pm EST: Pittsburgh at New England(-3) —- 48.5 (o/u)

Sunday, 9/13
    1:00pm EST: Green Bay(-6.5) at Chicago —- 50.5 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Kansas City at Houston(-1) —- 41 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Cleveland at NY Jets(-3) —- 40.5 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Indianapolis(-2.5) at Buffalo —- 46.5 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Miami(-3) at Washington —- 43.5 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Carolina(-3) at Jacksonville —- 41 (o/u)
    1:00pm EST: Seattle(-3.5) at St. Louis —- 43 (o/u)
    4:05pm EST: New Orleans at Arizona(-2.5) —- 37 (o/u)
    4:05pm EST: Detroit at San Diego(-2.5) —- 46 (o/u)
    4:25pm EST: Tennessee at Tampa Bay(-3) —- 42 (o/u)
    4:25pm EST: Cincinnati(-3.5) at Oakland —- 44 (o/u)
    4:25pm EST: Baltimore at Denver(-4) —- 51 (o/u)
    8:30pm EST: NY Giants at Dallas(-5) —- 51.5 (o/u)

Monday, 9/14
    7:10pm EST: Philadelphia (-1) at Atlanta —- 53.5 (o/u)
    10:20pm EST: Minnesota(-1) at San Francisco —- 41.5 (o/u)

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Thelastship

Little over a month away and haven’t seen a thread dedicated to week 1. (Just came back to dfs and rotogrinders after taking the baseball season off) I am getting excited and have already started research but can’t find a good week 1 thread. So let’s go.

Top 5 picks that I am having much exposure too. Fwiw.
    A.P
    Sam Bradford
    Eddie Lacy
    Matt Forte
    Charles Clay

Seems like a lot of value across the board with what feels like every pick is the perfect pick 😁
    Good luck everyone

• NCRick

Well, I would say Odell B. Jr at WR. Until he has a game without 200+ yards it would be silly to fade him.

• Mattg45

I like Bradford and AP, I like lacy in cash games but every time he play the bears he’s heavily owned and rightfully so. I like matt Ryan and Julio Jones stack in gpps and there at a good price, Philly has a pretty good d but they should get a lot of opportunities and will probably have to throw a lot to keep up with their offense. Jordy Nelson should have his way with the small corners on the bears jennings, and fuller especially with Tillman gone.

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@Mattg45 said...

I like Bradford and AP, I like lacy in cash games but every time he play the bears he’s heavily owned and rightfully so. I like matt Ryan and Julio Jones stack in gpps and there at a good price, Philly has a pretty good d but they should get a lot of opportunities and will probably have to throw a lot to keep up with their offense. Jordy Nelson should have his way with the small corners on the bears jennings, and fuller especially with Tillman gone.

I could see a shootout in the Eagles – Falcons game both ways. I’m not 100% sold on the Eagles D yet.

• Tommy2

Bradford and Bridgewater look like good value picks at QB week 1

• theputz

AP does seem like a good play but that Vegas line really concerns me. SF is favored in a very low scoring game. Instead of SF-3 and a 41 o/u I would have anticipated a Min-2 and 46 o/u. With Minn projected for only 19 points I have serious doubts about AP

• Mattg45

Your probably right vegas has the game as the highest total 53

• Wrightime

Carr to cooper seems to easy and cheap .. Think carr puts up good numbers at home vs ben gals

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@Mattg45 said...

Your probably right vegas has the game as the highest total 53

Though I think Julio Jones at 9300 on DK is sky high even against the Iggles shaky secondary. ODB I’d take at 10000.

I’m looking at Tampa Bay vs. Tennessee namely TB players. Of course that’s depending on price and namely Charles Sims.

I plan on writing an Eagles Blog this season analyzing their matchups. Look out for it.

• djjoeyg

Way to much value at RB to pay up

• TommyWantWingy33

@theputz said...

AP does seem like a good play but that Vegas line really concerns me. SF is favored in a very low scoring game. Instead of SF-3 and a 41 o/u I would have anticipated a Min-2 and 46 o/u. With Minn projected for only 19 points I have serious doubts about AP

They doubted AP after his ACL too…. the man will be running with chips all over his shoulders. I wouldn’t doubt the guy when he runs with purpose. All this said I’m a vikes fan and decided this was a good spot for a homer-ish post

• dwc1421

If Minnesota scores 19 points I’d say it’s prett likely Ap scores at least 1 of those td’s.

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

They doubted AP after his ACL too…. the man will be running with chips all over his shoulders. I wouldn’t doubt the guy when he runs with purpose. All this said I’m a vikes fan and decided this was a good spot for a homer-ish post

Love the phrase “Homer-ish”. We are all guilty of that. I actually just started writing a Blog on here about the Eagles and Homer Bias.

Outside opinion- Want to see AP price before making a call. I owned him in a season long and some weeks he can disappoint.

• cAUmberlandtiger8

AD is gonna run for 1500+ this year.

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@cAUmberlandtiger8 said...

AD is gonna run for 1500+ this year.

I see timeshare with Asiata and McKinnon.

• djjoeyg

AP is the most expensive RB on FD for week 1 with a salary of 9200, the same salary as Andrew Luck. Only Aaron Rodgers has a higher salary at 9700.

• djjoeyg

@PJGuin23 said...

I see timeshare with Asiata and McKinnon

I doubt there is much of a time share, yes they will use Asiata for a breather but not a time share like what we have seen in years past with teams like the Panthers

• TommyWantWingy33

@PJGuin23 said...

I see timeshare with Asiata and McKinnon.

I think he can hit 1500 even with a time share. You will see some McKinnon but I don’t think asiata will see much time, maybe a few 3rd down passing situations.

• djjoeyg

here is what the reports say. but we wont know for sure until it plays out.

Despite the fact that he missed nearly the entire 2014 season, Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson will not be limited this season. Head coach Mike Zimmer told reporters the veteran RB will be able to take on as much as he can handle. (Source: Tom Pelissero)
    Fantasy Impact: This falls in line with earlier statements indicating Peterson could get more third-down work and see more targets out of the backfield. All that, along with the development of Teddy Bridgewater and the rest of the Vikings’ offense, contributes to Peterson returning to his spot as a top-five pick.

Ben Goessling of ESPN expects the Minnesota Vikings to target Peterson significantly in the team’s passing game this season. (Source: ESPN)
    Fantasy Impact: Peterson caught 43 passes in 2009, so the 40-to-50 catches Goessling references isn’t out of the question. AP has already indicated he expects to see more time as the team’s third-down back, which would give him more opportunities to catch passes out of the backfield. This would increase his value overall, especially in PPR leagues.

• JHols1nger

@djjoeyg said...

Way to much value at RB to pay up

Ton of value at WR too.

• djjoeyg

just some a quick recap on last years scores and players for cashing, winning and stacking.

http://playbook.draftkings.com/nfl/nfl-daily-fantasy-stats-2014-recap/

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

I think he can hit 1500 even with a time share. You will see some McKinnon but I don’t think asiata will see much time, maybe a few 3rd down passing situations.

They would be foolish to have Asiata on the bench. Some teams need a bull RB. Definite trade bait.

• jtwfantasy

Post like these remind me why I love NFL so much.

• djjoeyg

Many would argue taking AP out for Asiata would be foolish.

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@jtwfantasy said...

Post like these remind me why I love NFL so much.

Getting tired of PGA and sweating Friday afternoon cuts. Can’t wait!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).