MAIN FORUM

• Giftofgame31

Is there a reason Fanduel hasnt posted this GPP yet? I noticed they have quite a few others posted already.

Just curious when we can expect the Week 1 Bomb to show up. I’m interested in the size and prize payouts as the $10 GPP is paying out $10,000 to First Place with a $100,000 Total Prize Pool.

• adnoble

I think a lot of people are looking forward to seeing the payout for the first $1 mill weekly sunday tournament.

• sethayates

If I’m not mistaken last year’s $300K NFL Bomb will now become the Sunday million. FanDuel announced it a few weeks ago but has not posted it yet. I’m guessing they are fine tuning the payout details. Last year the $300K Bomb was 13,380 players. Since these forums seem to be the place for wild speculation I’m going to take a stab and say the Sunday Million will have 44,600 players and payout $100,000 to first. My guess is they flatten the payouts a little this year and pay something close to 18% so around 8028 players will probably get paid.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

that would be a lot of moolah

• blackcloud420

Screw the bomb. Its about the million. 100k on the line and it doesnt cost 200 to enter? Yes please.

• waiverwire

It’s alive!

• jockpostdt

Speak of the devil…

• waiverwire

$999,975 of overlay at the moment.

• misfit

@waiverwire said...

That will change very soon!
    Not sure why but it seems like NFL Fantasy players are getting a late start this season but it hit with a boom not a Bang. Will not be long before we are worried about getting slots and not the overlay!

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@waiverwire said...

overlay hunters rejoice!

• myb821

If this tourney fills it is 15% rake that’s pretty high

• rotokevin

2014 RG Bowling Co-Champion, CPA & DFS Tax Guru

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@myb821 said...

13%, actually. Still higher than any of us would like.

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@myb821 said...

or 13% whichever…

• sethayates

@myb821 said...

It is also a huge risk on the site’s behalf. I agree with what they did here. Let’s say that they set the rake at 10% and created this thing with 44,000 entries. For some reason you screw around and don’t get it before it fills. Your chance at $100K is gone that week. On the other hand if only 43,000 people join the rest of the spots remain empty and rake sits much lower. These big tourneys are a risk are rarely fill so you have to be careful with claiming the rake is too high. It probably won’t fill so the true rake will be much lower than 15%

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Anyone thinking this wont fill is crazy. It will fill well before kickoff time on Sunday.

NFL DFS is going to go crazy this season.

• db730

Senior VP of Operations

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I don’t think it fills week 1. NFL growth progresses as the year goes on…..give it a few weeks and all that extra marketing kicking in & then I think it fills weekly

• britdevine

@db730 said...

I don’t think it fills week 1. NFL growth progresses as the year goes on…..give it a few weeks and all that extra marketing kicking in & then I think it fills weekly

We will have a 1.5 mil a few weeks in.

I’m really expecting this to sell out easily.

• ksinn2

The way DFS is growing I would not be surprised if they have a mini bomb up the day before! Kind of like on a Tuesday when we end up with 7 Mini Squeeze’s.

• wavegoodbye

1.2 million monster just added ON TOP of the million… 200 buyin

so two million dollar guarantees on fanduel… yup this gonna be good

• britdevine

@wavegoodbye said...

1.2 million monster just added ON TOP of the million… 200 buyin

so two million dollar guarantees on fanduel… yup this gonna be good

I think FD understands my previous post, NFL DFS is going to be INSANE

• sabresrock29

I want to see what the live final is paying out now

• slinkymaster

If they can fill million dollar gpp’s in baseball, they will do it easily in football. Fantasy football is a 10 times bigger market, if not more, than any other sport.

• Hallison

That is a huge jump in rake from 10% to 15% in the Bomb from last year. I thought the idea was for people to lose money slower.

• fadein34

We vote with our wallets. I’ve said it before and was laughed at but if we don’t do anything about it rake could hit 30% someday.

• draftcheat

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x5

2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

BritDevine has to be the most optimistic DFS player. We’re all going to be rich!!!

• britdevine

@draftcheat said...

BritDevine has to be the most optimistic DFS player. We’re all going to be rich!!!

Or broke

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).