NFL FORUM

Comments

• imaking510

Does anyone know when Fanduel will release them?

• zpa1989

NFL week 1 prices are up! Very excited, and I know its early and alot can change before the season starts but I just wanted to know what people will be basing their picks on week 1 (if your willing to share that with us, that is).

Basically, question is, do last years DVP and defensive stats/rankings factor into this years week 1 picks? Do any of last years stats matter and if so which ones? I feel like every year is different but I still think you can pick on teams like the saints this year. Plus the cornerback rankings that PFF used to release last year. Do those matter too?

Obviously the vegas odds/totals will be important, home and away splits for teams/players. Don’t think you neglect using that information to based your picks on.

What do people think?

• jtwfantasy

Gronks price is just dumb. I wasn’t planning on playing him week 1 vs Cardinals anyways, but how can he be the same price as the #2/3 priced QB.

• zpa1989

@jtwfantasy said...

Gronks price is just dumb. I wasn’t planning on playing him week 1 vs Cardinals anyways, but how can he be the same price as the #2/3 priced QB.

ya it is. i think fleener is almost a pencil in at 5400 playing at home against the raiders.

like hyde at home for 6200 with the volume and game script likely to be in his favor. d will looks very appealing too with bell out.

wash v pitt could have alot of value. d jax/jordan reed could feast on that steeler secondary

julio is always awesome at home. tons of mid range value at WR, and even at RB. Hard for me to justify paying up at RB week 1.

alot of ways you can go week 1 everyone kind of flying blind here. will be very interesting.

• FanFooBaa

So Fanduel came out with a $200,000 first prize Week 1 NFL contest? That is weak. I know the industry is reduced due to loss of some states, BUT $200,000? DraftKings NEEDS to come out with a $1 MILLION dollar first prize for Week 1 NFL. That word alone “MILLION” attracts newbies and experienced players alike. Look, I dont expect DraftKings to do a $2 Million 1st Place and 1 Million 2nd place, BUT FIRST needs to be $1 Million. If they come out with that – DK will be kicking ass this NFL season.

• ButBongoFiesta

@FanFooBaa said...

BUT FIRST needs to be $1 Million

1 million for 1st and 100K for 2nd? No thanks.

• Genghis_Khan

@zpa1989 said...

like hyde at home for 6200 with the volume and game script likely to be in his favor. d will looks very appealing too with bell out.

I feel you, but I’m wary of Chip’s tendencies to spread the carries around. Also, he may try to turn the workhorse, downhill Hyde into Demarco from last year, and try to have him running parallel to the line of scrimmage out of the gun. Read: total disaster.

• deactivated66527

@ButBongoFiesta said...

1 million for 1st and 100K for 2nd? No thanks.

There’s no way they make 100K for 2nd in NFL

• CJtheGrump

I wouldn’t rely too heavily on last year’s DVP numbers just because you’re dealing with new coordinators, new personnel. It’s tempting though, because we won’t have a lot to go on week 1.

One could still glance at them to try to get an idea to start with, but you’d probably want to try to anticipate which teams will improve and which teams were playing over their heads last year.

• CJtheGrump

Just going over WalterFootball’s season preview posts, I feel like the Lions will be susceptible to a good run game. Two of their best run-stuffers have moved on and they’re left with some unknowns along the line. Ansah being the exception. Solid LBs though.

• zpa1989

@Genghis_Khan said...

I feel you, but I’m wary of Chip’s tendencies to spread the carries around. Also, he may try to turn the workhorse, downhill Hyde into Demarco from last year, and try to have him running parallel to the line of scrimmage out of the gun. Read: total disaster.

i don’t think thats a fair comparison. hyde ran out of the shotgun in college and had success and has a higher YPC out of the shotgun than out of a traditional formation. Rotowire had an article on this, i will try and dig it up at some point. but there is very little backfield competition. they will try and get him involved in the passing game as well. i like hyde if he can stay healthy.

• ButBongoFiesta

@dearmand said...

There’s no way they make 100K for 2nd in NFL

More than likely you are right but it will still be more top heavy than I would prefer. I understand the marketing aspect of it though. Like tonight in MLB there is a tournament with 50K to 1st and then 5K to 2nd. That type of payout aggravates me to no end.

• DailyLoser

So…I’m a Giants fan (preface). The Giants were a top offense last year. Cruz is back and this rookie Sterling Shephart looks great. McAdoo is running the team and it’s his full time offense now, which means a lot more passes. Am I overthinking that or is Eli Manning price crazy low?

• FanFooBaa

My thought is – WHEN I do win first in a GPP – whether its this year or 2025 – Id like the $$ to be life changing, not that $200,000 is not life changing, but I prefer the high payout and just keep waiting til I get the “big one”

• zpa1989

kind of liking murray too at 6500 should of a full workload with little competition (no indication henry will steal that many carries), running out of the I formation too none of this shotgun b/s that chip had him do. tough matchup week 1 but at home i think hes a solid play they will lean on him.

• Genghis_Khan

@zpa1989 said...

kind of liking murray too at 6500 should of a full workload with little competition (no indication henry will steal that many carries), running out of the I formation too none of this shotgun b/s that chip had him do. tough matchup week 1 but at home i think hes a solid play they will lean on him.

Agree. He’s in my first way-too-early lineup lol. His price is depressed from being used so poorly last year, we could see him return to form.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@Genghis_Khan said...

Agree. He’s in my first way-too-early lineup lol. His price is depressed from being used so poorly last year, we could see him return to form.

I like Matt Forte at $6500 also. Not sure why he is so low either. He was productive in CHI last year and was an $8k player.

• ButBongoFiesta

Jaguars defense week 1. Thank me later.

• MarvG

@DailyLoser said...

So…I’m a Giants fan (preface). The Giants were a top offense last year. Cruz is back and this rookie Sterling Shephart looks great. McAdoo is running the team and it’s his full time offense now, which means a lot more passes. Am I overthinking that or is Eli Manning price crazy low?

I’m an Arizona Cardinals fan but Eli’s price did pop out to me also. I think he will shred that Dallas defense that has the worst front 7 in the nfl due to injury and suspension.

• deactivated66527

@ButBongoFiesta said...

More than likely you are right but it will still be more top heavy than I would prefer. I understand the marketing aspect of it though. Like tonight in MLB there is a tournament with 50K to 1st and then 5K to 2nd. That type of payout aggravates me to no end.

True. Hopefully they’ve learned that people are getting tired of their super top heavy tourneys (ex. PGA millys) that are struggling to fill.

• zpa1989

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I like Matt Forte at $6500 also. Not sure why he is so low either. He was productive in CHI last year and was an $8k player.

i think people are concerned about him sharing time with bilal powell since alot of forte’s production comes from the passing game and powell is there passing down back. but it wouldnt suprise me that forte had a good game at home week one at cinci.

plus jags d against the pack? i kno they’re playing at home and a much improved unit from a year ago on paper but its still green bay with jordy back. not sure if im liking that much

defense, its looking like philly and arizona are the chalk. kind of like the niners as a cheap low owned sleeper pick at home to the rams. considering a hyde/SF defense stack.

• Bglife1216

The payout in FD Sunday million is perfect 10% to the first much better than DK top heavy bullshith

• deactivated66527

@Bglife1216 said...

The payout in FD Sunday million is perfect 10% to the first much better than DK top heavy bullshith

Against only 92k entries too as opposed to 300-500k which is basically playing the lottery

• FFguru71

What i hate about Fanduel now is how little you win for the BOTTOM spots. especially in the $25 GPP’s..You don’t even double your money. They need to spread out the $$ more. You should win at least $50 just for cashing, which is double your $$ .

• deactivated66527

@FFguru71 said...

What i hate about Fanduel now is how little you win for the BOTTOM spots. especially in the $25 GPP’s..You don’t even double your money. They need to spread out the $$ more. You should win at least $50 just for cashing, which is double your $$ .

I don’t mind it for the biggest GPP’s like the Sunday Million. If I finish min cash in the Sunday Million, I’m not going to be any more satisfied with $50 vs $40. The main goal is to shoot for large winnings and hope you recoup your losses back if you don’t. I’d much rather have more distribution in the upper middle range of winnings instead.

• tprokopenko

@FFguru71 said...

Draftkings started that trend, and unfortunately Fanduel has joined in for some tournaments.

I remember when DK used to have big $20 tournaments, and then paid $20 as a min cash, with escalating tiers of $25, $30, etc. That was painful, although thankfully didn’t last long. They now have $33 tournaments with $50 min cash which is almost as bad.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).