INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• joerapjr

Smell that in the air? That’s the smell of summer ending. Leaves are starting to get crunchy and the air is starting to get cooler. We’re reaching the best time of year (in my humble opinion) — Fall.

And with Fall comes football, and with football comes NFL DFS. DraftKings and FanDuel made is official yesterday, releasing their Week 1 contests and prices!

The contests are absolutely amazing, my personal favorite being FanDuel’s $6 Sunday Million, where first place takes home 200,000 crisp George Washington’s.

Here are some links you can use to sign up for any of the sites that will get you FREE premium access here on RotoGirnders!

Sign for for DRAFT here!

Of course, there was much chatter yesterday about the prices being released, including people debating where the sites got it right for Week 1 and where they might have gotten it wrong.

So you tell me? What is the most egregious mis-price (too high or too low) for a given player on either site for NFL Week 1?

Back up your answer with some reasons why, and I’ll send what I think is the best answer some RG swag!

Anyway, here’s to you summer, you’ve been nice, but we’re ready for some football!

P.S. For those of you struggling to come up with an answer, our very own thehazyone broke down the prices on both FanDuel and DraftKings!

• Link
    • Last Updated 3 years ago
  • escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

The Jags D on FanDuel at 4.1K. They added Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye to an already solid defense. They should be a top-10 defense this year, and they are playing the Texans led by either Tom Savage or a rookie QB in his first career game… and their #2 WR is out.

• Link
  • kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Jordy Nelson on FD. $7700 for him is outrageous. I know its Seattle, but last year against Seattle in December he had 6 catches and 2 tds.

Free square IMO.

Bonus answer… Bills DEF on FD… doesn’t even matter what the price is. They aren’t the most expensive defense and they are playing at home against the worst offense the NFL has seen in the last few years. Even if they were $6k I would still try to roster them. DK got it right by making them the most expensive.

• flip4flop

Golladay on DK, most likely to be WR #3 in Detriot for a game that should have a bunch of points and could turn into a shoot out.

• dubchr7

• Blogger of the Month

Golden Tate @6500 on DK is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! There is NO WAY he should be priced WR11 ahead of Kelvin Benjamin, Watkins, Crabtree, Fitz or even DeSean Jackson. No way ill pay up for him especially playing Arizona and those great DB’s

• manBEAST

Bills WR Anquan Boldin 3500 on DK could start week 1 and probably gets some goal line looks and scores IMO way underpriced because of the late signing, but for a guy that led the Lions in TDs last season too cheap. Will allow you to fit some studs in no problemo! Also 4600 on FD.

• Link
  • jtkucheck

First… lol at the last two comments indicating that Detroit WRs are both the most overpriced and underpriced.

Second… Robert Woods at $4,000 on DK is way too cheap. WR1 at “home” against a leaky Colts secondary in a new offense based on quick passes and high volume funneled to the WR1… yes please.

• joerapjr

Loving these responses so far! Keep ‘em coming!

• thizer3

Pryor on FD (6.2k). Being in an offense that passed 38 times a game last year (and returning the QB and offensive system) is going to lend itself to a wealth of targets by itself. But when you throw in that he is expected to be the #1 target in this system, there are at least 13-14 targets up for grabs between himself and Doctson, and he will likely be seeing Patrick Robinson/Jalen Mills most of the day, he immediately looks to be one of the most underpriced receivers.

• Link
  • infantryboys

Zach Ertz $3.5 K on DK versus the Redskins secondary.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Thinking outside the box, I’m going to give the worst guess and say Rod Smith of Dallas for min price on FD. I think Zeke will get suspended and Smith will be the early down back week 1.

If you let me hedge with Alfred Morris at 5.2 on fd, that’s cool. But yeah, I think Smith edges Morris out for that role.

As a side note, it’s interesting how dk priced up the Dallas backs, especially McFadden at 6.1

• awampler91

Todd Gurley is underpriced on DK at 6K against a Colts defense that will have a hole big enough to drive a bus through. Todd Gurley may have had a down year last year but his rookie year was beyond great and from the news reports they are saying he is looking better then ever. So all in all an RB1 at 6k against a terrible colts defense that will be playing from behind all game is 1st in my book. This is coming from someone as well that would like to see the Colts win here in Indiana lol.

• finsup613

andrew franks, because he has two first names! how could fanduel overlook that?

• Link
  • Tbn55

FD ….Thomas Rawls….5700….#1RB on a team with a high scoring offense vs. a weak GB team in what should be a high scoring game. Don’t buy the Eddie Lacy narrative either. Rawls scores at least 1 TD in this game.

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

DeSean Jackson at $4900 on DK! Winston is on the rise and DeSean still is that speedy and athletic receiver capable of putting up 100 receiving yards within a blink of an eye. Last season in Washington, Jackson posted the fifth 1,000-yard campaign of his career. He averaged 17.9 yards per catch, and he has finished top-10 in that category in six of his eight seasons.

• richieonions

Lev Bell because he’s using his DK price as contract leverage.

• jtkucheck

@jtkucheck said...

First… lol at the last two comments indicating that Detroit WRs are both the most overpriced and underpriced.

Second… Robert Woods at $4,000 on DK is way too cheap. WR1 at “home” against a leaky Colts secondary in a new offense based on quick passes and high volume funneled to the WR1… yes please.

Welp, guess I was wrong about Robert Woods being a WR1.

• bucherpsu08

Terrance West $4700 on DK. The ravens are apparently committed to running the football this year, take that with a grain of salt, but if that’s the case West should see 15-20 carries as the main back in that offense.

• bucherpsu08

Also, is this based on your personal judgement of the answers or are you letting this run til week 1 ends when we have results.

• BUFUu2

Marshall 5100 on dk is nuts man…. Way under priced him and manning actually

• Grambus

Corey Coleman $4,400 on DK. Browns #1 WR They’ll be trailing against The Steelers all game so they’ll be looking to pass

• nickpierce723826

Sanu at 4800 on fanduel…wtf? One of the Highest Point Totals in that Falcon offense. $$$$$$$$$$

• Link
  • fenway2015

Jaquizz Rodgers TB at 4900 for a starting #1 RB with Doug Martin suspended

• MiamiJAY

John Brown $4800 DK…Hes Back !!! Play him before he gets hurt

• bhodgman

Jacquizz Rodgers – $4.9k. With Doug Martin suspended, Rodgers should get at least 17 carries (minimum), Dolphins gave up 100+ to rushing 9 times last year (including their last 5 straight), Dolphins O will be even more horrid – turnovers, 3 and out prone – with Tannehill gone, so gameflow should certainly favor Bucs running game… Think Rodgers has a 3X floor, and could easily go 5X+….

• joerapjr

Great answers so far! With trades/injuries in recent days, has anyone’s opinion changed?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.