1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Buffalo ( 2 ) —- T: 47
    1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -10.5 ) at Indianapolis ( 10.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 11.5 ) at LA Rams ( -11.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 2.5 ) at San Francisco ( -2.5 ) —- T: 42
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Denver ( 7.5 ) —- T: 46

Monday, 11/13
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 8 ) at Carolina ( -8 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pdirty25

It is M. Bryant week

• Kloozy

Does Fits throw to his TEs and RBs a lot? I can’t remember him from is Jets days, or was it Buffalo? I can’t remember now, but he used to be a starter somewhere out east. I might do some digging in on that, see if that bumps brate up my list. Brate was a consistent value TEseveral weeks in a row for me. Seems that was just in time for his slump according to his game logs. Howard is the other TE in TB that gets targets, and his targets have dropped off as well. To be fair everyone’s targets have dropped off the last 2 games, only 13 pts scored!

I like Brate to have a good week this week, unless this offense is just broken at this point. Based on logs, feels like Winston was just playing poorly, and maybe their offense is ok overall, almost makes me wanna run a Fitzpatrick stack. Almost is the key word there… It’s be a super cheap GPP flier, but it’s possible that stack could crush value, unlikely but possible.

I don’t like Hilton this week, he rarely has great games back to back. Think Pitt is gonna be all over Brissett, don’t see him having lots of time to throw the deep ball. TY could hit value, but I just don’t see him crushing it.

• MattyK1981

A few opening thoughts for the upcoming week:

> Fournette should be in a great spot with everyone talking about Bell / Shady / Gurley all week.
    > I love Howard + Bears DST vs inept GB defense, and we’ve all seen what Howard’s ceiling is like for touches (30+).
    > McCown + Anderson looks very juicy considering they get to air it out against the horrible Bucs D.
    > Tevin Coleman vs Dallas D at home for only $4800 is a free-square if Freeman continues to nurse a couple injuries, and I will be keeping a close eye on him throughout the week.
    > It may be bold but I am putting it out there that both Saints RBs will underperform on the road at Buffalo, especially at their inflated prices of $7400 and $6900 each. I think there is better value in better spots all over this slate, and each one basically needs 20-25+ to justify rostering at their salaries.

Is it Thursday night yet?!?

• Kloozy

@bdub85 said...

Hard to get a good backup QB in the NFL.

Hell it’s hard to get a good starting QB!

How many good QBs are in the NFL? Counting Rogers and Luck, I come up with 16 that I would argue are good to great, and another 4-6 that I’m sure others would dispute are also good enough to be in the decent QB category. That’s only 20-22, TOTAL!

• Kloozy

@Pdirty25 said...

It is M. Bryant week

Why do you think this? Hasn’t JuJu passed him into the number 2 spot? I think he has, or he at least should be their WR2. I’m surprised they didn’t trade Bryant away to a team that needs WRs. He is firmly on my do not play list. It would take 2 major injuries to make me rethink that position on Bryant.

• Kloozy

@MattyK1981 said...

> It may be bold but I am putting it out there that both Saints RBs will underperform on the road at Buffalo, especially at their inflated prices of $7400 and $6900 each. I think there is better value in better spots all over this slate, and each one basically needs 20-25+ to justify rostering at their salaries.

Is it Thursday night yet?!?

I agree with this 100%. Especially with Buffalo getting ran on last Thursday by the Jets. Buf has a top 5 defense, imo, and will come to play this week.

This falls into one of Mike42’s rules, I believe. Bet on teams coming off an embarrassing loss, which I think is what their loss Thursday was. I won’t be playing any Saints players this week. Especially with their inflated pricing. No thanks!

• MattyK1981

@Kloozy said...

This falls into one of Mike42’s rules, I believe. Bet on teams coming off an embarrassing loss, which I think is what their loss Thursday was. I won’t be playing any Saints players this week. Especially with their inflated pricing. No thanks!

I would consider playing Thomas since BUF is vulnerable in the secondary and his past 3 games have been consistent (avg. of 7/75) even though he hasn’t scored a TD since week 4 which won’t stay that way. Perhaps Kamara has another WR2 line out of the backfield but that is banking a heck of a lot of salary on that one specific outcome taking place.

• bgunsgu

Paying comfortably down at TE, D allows me to roster Dak, AB, Julio and Melvin Gordon. Am I shooting for the stars too much here?

• Quadhole

@Portlisx said...

I’ve done really well in cash this year by picking on the Texans passing defense with guys on good offenses. New England, KC, Seattle put up huge numbers against them and I rostered a lot of those guys from those teams. I even stacked all of the Brissett and Hilton last week which worked out fantastically too. I know it’s “chasing points”, but if you believe the Rams offense is legit, this is a fantastic spot for Goff and his receivers again. Even naked Goff is a very strong play this week IMO, though he has been priced way up on FD. Gurley is obviously in play as well, but I’d rather pick on Houston with guys in the passing game and Gurley is just too expensive for me this week.

Other guys worth looking at IMOSterling Shepard at 5700 on FD is basically a free square. He’ll be in every single one of my cash lineups. He gets a lot of looks and he’s all they have other than Engram in a game that could shoot out. I see no way he doesn’t hit at least 5-6 catches for 70 yards with a 50/50 shot at a TD. He’s also the type of guy who could go for 100+ in any given week.

Marvin Jones at 6400 on FD might be chalky, but how do you not play a guy with 14, 11 and 11 targets in the past 3 games at that price? You want to attack Cleveland through the air anyway. I’d rather play Jones than about 10 guys priced higher than him. I’d take him over guys like Dez/Cooks/Fuller straight up. If you asked me which #11 jersey receiver with the last name Jones would score the most points on Sunday (Julio being the other, of course) I’d tell you to flip a coin.

Honorable mentions to Robby Anderson, Landry with Cutler back and Demaryius at their prices too.

This is easily another “Pay up at RB and go after mid priced WRs other than Antonio Brown week. ALL the Fournette and I like Jordan Howard a lot too. Also a good “Pay up for Gronk” week. TE looks real ugly this week outside of a couple plays. Brate is hands down the best mid priced option to me.

Like Jones and he is good, but Stafford seems to play down or up to the competition (IN GENERAL) … With so many targets and 2 TD’s last night, chalky for one things and Gripping on the other side (what about me) will be a thing after so many targets in 3 weeks…
    I don’t play cash…. I need all guys with 20 plus points. Just see a pullback coming…

Even if Stafford throws 3 TD’s. I just an’t see Jones getting 2 again..

Good Luck

• Quadhole

@Kloozy said...

Does Fits throw to his TEs and RBs a lot? I can’t remember him from is Jets days, or was it Buffalo? I can’t remember now, but he used to be a starter somewhere out east. I might do some digging in on that, see if that bumps brate up my list. Brate was a consistent value TEseveral weeks in a row for me. Seems that was just in time for his slump according to his game logs. Howard is the other TE in TB that gets targets, and his targets have dropped off as well. To be fair everyone’s targets have dropped off the last 2 games, only 13 pts scored!

I like Brate to have a good week this week, unless this offense is just broken at this point. Based on logs, feels like Winston was just playing poorly, and maybe their offense is ok overall, almost makes me wanna run a Fitzpatrick stack. Almost is the key word there… It’s be a super cheap GPP flier, but it’s possible that stack could crush value, unlikely but possible.

I don’t like Hilton this week, he rarely has great games back to back. Think Pitt is gonna be all over Brissett, don’t see him having lots of time to throw the deep ball. TY could hit value, but I just don’t see him crushing it.

I so wish they had Evans this week… Horrible for Fitz to have to play without him. He could TAKE OVER the starting role here… I called it earlier in the season, now ESPN guru’s are saying the same thing about Jameis… Nice guy, good player, but tries to hard to lead, feels unnatural… Look at me General.. Still a kid and if he can talk to the right person, learn how to be HONESTLY HUMBLE, not pretend humble, he can move forward…
    You can’t be a leader just because someone gives you the position…

• WrathofKhaaan

@infantryboys said...

I don’t think the Bucs have quit, I just think they were over rated coming into the season. I agree that it certainly appears that the Giants have quit on McAdoo and that he really looks to be clueless on how to deal with their free fall.

Ben McAdoo has a career as a motivational speaker when his NFL coaching career is over #inspiring

https://twitter.com/andyj0seph/status/927323898143653888

• Messiah717

As a Giants fan I don’t think it’s quit as much as it’s that they’re not very good.

Horrible offensive line
    No running game
    Eli declining rapidly
    No OBJ
    Defense that still can’t cover tight ends
    Poor pass rush as guys like GPP stat pad against poor linemen then disappear.
    Collins and DRC regressing badly in coverage with Eli Apple being completely clueless.

All this doesn’t take Mcadoo off the hook of being way out of his league and not head coach material. It’s just that few would do well with the current state of this team. The coach needs to go but Jerry Reese needs to be shown the door as well.

• kongcthomas

Cleveland Browns defense @ $3500 on FD makes it interesting

• infantryboys

On the full slate I’m fading AP this week. If a 32 year old RB coming off a game where he had 38 touches, on a short week vs a pissed of Seattle defense, costs me money, I can live with it.

• Jokey401

Anyone like AJG in Tennessee on Sunday? No suspension. Road splits?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

One good route might be to take pretty much all the Bears offense (Howard & Cohen together) for basically 9.9K. I can see 30 points together there at home against a Rogerless Packers with a higher ceiling.

• infantryboys

@hautalak said...

One good route might be to take pretty much all the Bears offense (Howard & Cohen together) for basically 9.9K. I can see 30 points together there at home against a Rogerless Packers with a higher ceiling.

I like Howard, but Cohen has 4 carries and 6 targets in his last 2 games combined. I can’t pull the trigger on that sort of usage.

• hautalak

• x2

@infantryboys said...

I like Howard, but Cohen has 4 carries and 6 targets in his last 2 games combined. I can’t pull the trigger on that sort of usage.

Yeah it’s a bit risky. My thought process was pretty much all of their offense runs through whichever RB is in the game and you can take Cohen for a really cheap safety valve that has potential for points but also nothing at all.

• MikedUpDFS

So I’m curious what you all think. I too really like the Bears D in this spot BUT do you think the Bears D is better or worse than the Lions?. I say this because towards the end of the game last night Hundley looked like he may have finally found a bit of rhythm. It was more so the Def the Lions were playing at the end, I know but I’m curious if Hundley could be a sneaky play this week.

• hautalak

• x2

@KnivesShady said...

So I’m curious what you all think. I too really like the Bears D in this spot BUT do you think the Bears D is better or worse than the Lions?. I say this because towards the end of the game last night Hundley looked like he may have finally found a bit of rhythm. It was more so the Def the Lions were playing at the end, I know but I’m curious if Hundley could be a sneaky play this week.

I would say they are a bit worse than the Lions but it is very close. The Bears have stifled a lot better QBs so I expect the same this week.

• 33BeRad

I like the Bears def but am a bit cautious, Hundley doesn’t seem to take many chances which could limit interceptions. Sure, they could get sacks and hope for a fumble but Det may be better with Kizor at the helm, throwing it all over the place. Also, GB vs. Chi could be a battle of running games

• MattyK1981

The value in playing anyone from GB lies in nailing who Hundley is going to throw the majority of those 0 – 8 yard quick passes to. If it is Ty Montgomery or Randall Cobb that player could end up with a really nice PPR fantasy day on an otherwise losing team, but I won’t spend a ton of time trying to figure out that mess when so many other solid plays exist to go after instead.

• parrothead112

So Hyde over Kamara? So weird.

• Yacht67

@JTreadway said...

Actually like a Giants stack. Eli/Darkwa and top 3 receivers dirt cheap. It’s unlikely, but if it works you can pay up for some top tier guys that you might need this week. I’m looking at Bell/Shady/Julio potentially all clearing 30 pts

Eli???

• Yacht67

A Rodgersless Packers team isn’t any better than a Kizer led Browns team.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).