1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Miami ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 38
    4:05 PM EST : Buffalo ( 4.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -5.5 ) at Oakland ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3.5 ) at Dallas ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48

Monday, 11/20
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3 ) at Seattle ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thenefariousone

Hyde on a bye.

• bignish

@infantryboys said...

Please send me a H2H. Pick the buy in, I’m in for anything under $1K.

This is a complete blowup spot for Chris Thompson. He“ll probably split carries with Perine but that’s irrelevant since the Redskins running game is mediocre to begin with and the game script will dictate that Cousins has to air it out to keep up with the Saints in which case they can’t afford not to to play Thompson heavy snaps. They“ll pretty much just give up on Samaje as the game goes on and turn to Chris.

The Saints LBs will get skewered by Thompson in space as he’s the perfect pass catching RB to exploit their weakness in coverage.

I could see Thompson being in on close to every down in the 2nd half. In the 3 games Fat Rob missed, Thompson had 33 carries for 148 yards and 13 catches for 284 yards.

Fade at your own peril.

• TopDawgs07

@BIF said...

So much bad info on this forum – this is the 2nd time I’ve seen this now – the Saints have allowed passing touchdowns in each of the last 2 games. Bills and Bucs each had a passing TD.

Not sure what the big deal is about a 100yd WR as most teams now spread it around a ton plus the Saints gave up 100 to a TE (Gronk) in Week 2 and 100 receiving yds to a RB (McCaffery) in Week 3. The Saints also gave up over 90 to a Bears WR yes a Bears WR !

Saints are good…. offensively but defensively they are basically untested. The Vikings and Patriots lit them up (albeit early in the season) and the Lions moved the ball ok despite the turnovers. Everyone else they have played is average at best.

Saints will probably win 12 games and the division but I don’t think they have an answer for Philly and/or the Vikings.

I corrected that previous post where they’ve allowed two passing touchdowns total in the previous four weeks, with no more than one per game. You get the point of the statement though, their pass defense has been very good regardless of who they’ve played. Since losing to the Vikings and the Patriots, they’ve rattled off all these wins. Stafford did throw for over 300 yards and three touchdowns against them, but also threw three interceptions. Most of his yardage wasn’t junk time.

I guess the point is why all the love for the Saints defense and people saying they’re overrated, I believe they’re actually a pretty good defense. Their offense plays to help their defense as well.

For this particular matchup, the O/U is high but both teams are two of the slower paced teams in the league.

• Supanice

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I might just stack the pats/raiders game. For cash. The raiders can not and will not stop the pats, and the raiders will be forced to throw. You might be looking at over 180 fantasy points from 1 game, and every player is underpriced.

• mike42

@jriesel315 said...

I’m not a fantasy expert (nor do I pretend to be one on an internet forum) but I am trying to make my process more tangible and deliberate for myself so here is my analysis of last week and how it looks this week. Entirely open to suggestions on how to better look at info and stuff I am under or over valuing in decision-making.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HgDFE_QdfchsTddU03wZfBi5WWEMtwYzc4G1z0S2y2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Good read man, interesting.Who do you like this week?

• parrothead112

@jriesel315 said...

I’m not a fantasy expert (nor do I pretend to be one on an internet forum) but I am trying to make my process more tangible and deliberate for myself so here is my analysis of last week and how it looks this week. Entirely open to suggestions on how to better look at info and stuff I am under or over valuing in decision-making.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HgDFE_QdfchsTddU03wZfBi5WWEMtwYzc4G1z0S2y2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Got any more? That was great!

• Smallchimp

@mike42 said...

Good read man, interesting.Who do you like this week?

Thank you so much! This is the first time I’ve ever really done something like that so it’s cool that someone likes the first edition of it! Honestly I haven’t checked too much into this week beyond what I wrote, but I wanna look at KC@NYG LAR@MIN and NEP@OAK. Also interested in investigating the WAS players, namely Cousins and Thompson

• mike42

@TopDawgs07 said...

I corrected that previous post where they’ve allowed two passing touchdowns total in the previous four weeks, with no more than one per game. You get the point of the statement though, their pass defense has been very good regardless of who they’ve played. Since losing to the Vikings and the Patriots, they’ve rattled off all these wins. Stafford did throw for over 300 yards and three touchdowns against them, but also threw three interceptions. Most of his yardage wasn’t junk time.

I guess the point is why all the love for the Saints defense and people saying they’re overrated, I believe they’re actually a pretty good defense. Their offense plays to help their defense as well.

For this particular matchup, the O/U is high but both teams are two of the slower paced teams in the league.

As far as we know the Saints have a good D, even a bunch of dominating performances vs bad or mediocre offenses means something. I’ve mostly liked Washingtons D this year, think it won’t be easy for NO to just run all day. I also think Cousins has a way to show up in spots like this, I get the pace thing but I think the best way to play this game is to go contrarian, play Wash to put up points and NO to go the air. Everybody will play NO RB’s but every team gets pushed out of its comfort zone at some point and the way DFS works it will probably be the week after they ran for a 1000 yds and 10 TD’s. Cousins has a side to him that’s matchup proof, if he’s on, he’s difficult to stop. Also, Cousins is a couple steps up in class for NO’s pass D and Wash could easily chuck it 40-45x plus times this game with no running RB to speak of.

After last week, trying to think outside the box and I think Cousins could easily do to NO’s D what he did vs Minny’s D, just smash. He did this last year, became a stud after a slow start.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@jriesel315 said...

Pssst.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts

• Logan7777

@bignish said...

I could see Thompson being in on close to every down in the 2nd half. In the 3 games Fat Rob missed, Thompson had 33 carries for 148 yards and 13 catches for 284 yards.

Fade at your own peril.

I just don’t see this happening. Week 6 was his best week (which Kelly was out) and that was against the Niners in a game WAS barely won. He didn’t score a TD in that game with all his carries and receptions. Outside of that week (which includes other games Kelly was out), Thompson averaged 5.5 carries per game, not a very big workload. Perine is 45 lbs bigger than Thompson and I see Perine getting the bigger workload this weekend. I’ve looked hard at this because Thompson is on my season long league; I’m benching him and replacing him with a 3rd WR this weekend.

• mike42

@jriesel315 said...

Also interested in investigating the WAS players, namely Cousins and Thompson

It’s weird, just posted about Cousins, think he’s a good GPP play this week.

• Smallchimp

@thehazyone said...

Pssst.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts

My bad! Sorry, I didn’t know if there was a specific forum for it. How can I contribute to this thread w this information? Definitely wanna help get some chat going in here

• squidkill

@Supanice said...

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I might just stack the pats/raiders game. For cash. The raiders can not and will not stop the pats, and the raiders will be forced to throw. You might be looking at over 180 fantasy points from 1 game, and every player is underpriced.

good luck stacking the Pats… Who’s gonna score? White? Lewis? Burkhead? Gronk? D. Allen? M. Bennett? Amendola? Cooks? Dorsett? Every week is different spin the wheel—

• mike42

@squidkill said...

good luck stacking the Pats… Who’s gonna score? White? Lewis? Burkhead? Gronk? D. Allen? M. Bennett? Amendola? Cooks? Dorsett? Every week is different spin the wheel—

A decent chance that you stack Lewis and the GOAT you get a piece of all the NE TD’s.

• sports667

I am a huge Redskins fan, needless to say, if you want to make money this week just put every Saint you can in your lineup. Our defense is a hot piece of garbage. Final score will be like 52 – 14 or something.

• squidkill

@mike42 said...

A decent chance that you stack Lewis and the GOAT you get a piece of all the NE TD’s.

or it could be a burkhead/ white game—- BB zigs when everone zags—- game plan diff each and every week.

naked Tommy is the best TOMMY wink wink meow

• squidkill

@sports667 said...

I am a huge Redskins fan, needless to say, if you want to make money this week just put every Saint you can in your lineup. Our defense is a hot piece of garbage. Final score will be like 52 – 14 or something.

lol – that is a very good game breakdown – I added it to my notes… lol

• emnj69

best advice you will ever get
    play guys that you feel can score big points that wont be high owned-usually these are stud players that have played poorly lately-take advantage of them being priced down while others run from them you should run to them
    if a guy has no potential to put up big numbers he never finds his way on my teams
    that means high risk high reward and some weeks you will take a hit but one week it can all fall into place

• emnj69

another piece of advice if you cant choose between two players at same price point do two different line ups changing out just that player-worst thing ever is falling into the I would have won big if I played the other guy

• homers1226

and the week 11 miily winner is

Pos Player FPPG
    QB Kirk Cousins 21.0 swap out
    RB Kenyan Drake 4.5 swap out
    RB Samaje Perine 4.2 swap out
    WR Josh Doctson 6.1 swap out
    WR Tyreek Hill 15.5 swap out
    WR Cooper Kupp 10.2 swap out
    TE Travis Kelce 17.1 swap out
    FLEX Rob Gronkowski 16.2 swap out
    DST Jaguars

• chatmar

BIF, how important is that if you use the Flacco/Maclin stack that you bring it back with someone from GB? I have always wondered how critical the bring back thing is? Thanks

• ASitar

Aside from the Primetime DK slates with 2 games, do you put a late game player at Flex to allow for more options instead of just handcuff yourself to just a RB/TE/WR?

• BIF

@TopDawgs07 said...

I have no problem admitting they are a good defense once I see it and believe it. I have watched the majority of their games from start to finish and I see a defense that plays well as a Unit, has been playing with the lead a lot (often big leads) and a defense that prevents a lot of long accurate throws against them by generating just enough pressure.

The Saints Offense have also created perfect game scripts for their defense – get out front early on teams that clearly do not have the tools to throw and come back in games. Getting ahead early on teams like GB without Aaron and Chicago and Buffalo is the kiss of death for those teams as they all need to play close games so they can keep running and maybe steal a victory.

Looking past what they’ve done and more at who they’ve done it to, I think they are an average defense that is playing with a ton of confidence. If they shut down the Skins and Rams the next two weeks to 17 or less points then I’ll start to reconsider.

My opinion of the Saints is that they are a top tier team this year, almost a lock for the division and possibly a bye but I don’t see them getting to the Super Bowl ahead of Philly/Minny (barring injuries to those teams).

• homers1226

I wouldn’t think so you play the best player

• BIF

@mike42 said...

As far as we know the Saints have a good D, even a bunch of dominating performances vs bad or mediocre offenses means something. I’ve mostly liked Washingtons D this year, think it won’t be easy for NO to just run all day. I also think Cousins has a way to show up in spots like this, I get the pace thing but I think the best way to play this game is to go contrarian, play Wash to put up points and NO to go the air. Everybody will play NO RB’s but every team gets pushed out of its comfort zone at some point and the way DFS works it will probably be the week after they ran for a 1000 yds and 10 TD’s. Cousins has a side to him that’s matchup proof, if he’s on, he’s difficult to stop. Also, Cousins is a couple steps up in class for NO’s pass D and Wash could easily chuck it 40-45x plus times this game with no running RB to speak of.

After last week, trying to think outside the box and I think Cousins could easily do to NO’s D what he did vs Minny’s D, just smash. He did this last year, became a stud after a slow start.

Agree and exactly why I brought up the thought of a naked Cousins play last night.

Thompson is the one guy right now I’m tossed on if I do stack at all because from what I’ve seen, the NO D is more predicated on speed than size so he may be able to absorb a few more touches than what Gruden has been giving him plus I don’t Perine will do much as the Skins will need to throw 40+ times.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).