1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Miami ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 38
    4:05 PM EST : Buffalo ( 4.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -5.5 ) at Oakland ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3.5 ) at Dallas ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48

Monday, 11/20
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3 ) at Seattle ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Nick29994

Any suggestions for the 4 PM only slate?

• BIF

@chatmar said...

BIF, how important is that if you use the Flacco/Maclin stack that you bring it back with someone from GB? I have always wondered how critical the bring back thing is? Thanks

I don’t think you have to bring it back with someone all the time; if you look at the GB game logs there has probably only been 1 individual player performance that you would have liked on your team. Even Adams’ 20 points last week would not have been optimal when you could have played Woods or a few others in same general price range.

I think the “bring it back with” thing is more important in shootouts like what people are predicting for Ne-Oak and Wash-NO.

I don’t trust the Pack to confidently score more than one TD maybe two so I’m not seeing a whole bunch of fantasy value. Even with the Flacco play, it’s not one I love but it is one that can have 5x upside if he throws 2-3TDs and keeps slinging it 40+ times against a so-so secondary

• mike42

@BIF said...

I have no problem admitting they are a good defense once I see it and believe it. I have watched the majority of their games from start to finish and I see a defense that plays well as a Unit, has been playing with the lead a lot (often big leads) and a defense that prevents a lot of long accurate throws against them by generating just enough pressure.

The Saints Offense have also created perfect game scripts for their defense – get out front early on teams that clearly do not have the tools to throw and come back in games. Getting ahead early on teams like GB without Aaron and Chicago and Buffalo is the kiss of death for those teams as they all need to play close games so they can keep running and maybe steal a victory.

Looking past what they’ve done and more at who they’ve done it to, I think they are an average defense that is playing with a ton of confidence. If they shut down the Skins and Rams the next two weeks to 17 or less points then I’ll start to reconsider.

My opinion of the Saints is that they are a top tier team this year, almost a lock for the division and possibly a bye but I don’t see them getting to the Super Bowl ahead of Philly/Minny (barring injuries to those teams).

I agree but name 10 D’s that you think are better than them? Please don’t got through the actual process, just saying, outside of Jax, every D has had bad games in their last 4 or 5. NO has played really solid and been dominant at times for a bunch of games in a row. Usually Buf puts up 28 at home, they stuffed them, that means something. The other part is that their just are not a whole lot of good D’s out their right now which elevates them by default. The 85 Bears got smashed one time, everybody does, really think they might get toasted this week but regardless, they are a good D in comparison to what’s out there right now. S. Peyton should be in running for coach of the year if this keeps up, it’s one thing to say you are going to improve your D and focus on running the ball, it’s another to do both in such a convincing manner after one off-season.

• BIF

@ASitar said...

Aside from the Primetime DK slates with 2 games, do you put a late game player at Flex to allow for more options instead of just handcuff yourself to just a RB/TE/WR?

If my lineup has a 3rd RB or 4th WR or 2nd TE and at least one of them is playing in the afternoon, I 100% make sure that my Flex is playing late (and not early) and if I have to choose between a couple guys to put in Flex, I make sure to put the guy who may have been injured or is still Q but expected to play so I can easily swap 40 mins before the game as scratches are announced.

• Dunzor

@ASitar said...

Aside from the Primetime DK slates with 2 games, do you put a late game player at Flex to allow for more options instead of just handcuff yourself to just a RB/TE/WR?

I always put my latest starting player in the flex, and if have multiple that start at the same late time, then I’ll put the highest salary one in the flex just so that if someone were to be inactive it allows for the most flexibility in replacements.

• BBWC_10

@Mikeallin said...

Obvious stack the box here and make Gabbert beat them…

20/40/0

Gabbert just may kill them, This is the same secondary which was killed by Seattle, Colts and Rams in 3 straight weeks.

• BIF

@BBWC_10 said...

Gabbert just may kill them, This is the same secondary which was killed by Seattle, Colts and Rams in 3 straight weeks.

He is an interesting play for sure; hasn’t started since Week 5 last season when he played for SF.

I know he can run and scramble so there is hope for some fantasy goodness by Gabbert running and throwing against a defense that hasn’t stood up too well lately to anyone.

• chatmar

BIF, where is the best place to find scratches 40 minutes prior to kickoff?

• TopDawgs07

So far this week I’m still trying to determine what position I want to pay up for, and where I can find value. I think part of that falls with Kelce and Gronk being in great spots. If you pay up at TE, it won’t allow you to pay up everywhere else. I guess I need to keep digging for value if I want those pricey TE’s…..

• BIF

@chatmar said...

Lots of places:
    NFL team beat writers on Twitter
    RG NFL App updates them usually
    NFL team websites
    DK Live App
    Watch the ticker at the bottom of the TV screen as besides running scores, they’ll run the key actives/inactives.

• Kamais_Ookin

@TopDawgs07 said...

So far this week I’m still trying to determine what position I want to pay up for, and where I can find value. I think part of that falls with Kelce and Gronk being in great spots. If you pay up at TE, it won’t allow you to pay up everywhere else. I guess I need to keep digging for value if I want those pricey TE’s…..

Jared cook could get you a looot of pts potentially.

• chatmar

I thought I read somewhere this week that DEN double teamed Gronk most of the game. Is this why the RB’s and Bennett had decent receiving games. Will OAK try this strategy?

• johnfoster8

@chatmar said...

http://www.nfl.com/inactives

• Falconsfly

That was an enjoyable read

• Falconsfly

@parrothead112 said...

Got any more? That was great!

Enjoyable read for sure

• WrathofKhaaan

@chatmar said...

I thought I read somewhere this week that DEN double teamed Gronk most of the game. Is this why the RB’s and Bennett had decent receiving games. Will OAK try this strategy?

A better question is will they be able to effectively execute this strategy?

• mathewsmarner

ezekiel elliot be gone!

• mike42

@WrathofKhaaan said...

A better question is will they be able to effectively execute this strategy?

I doubt it, Den knew NE would try to feature Gronk and they have the CB’s to just leave on an island. Oak is very thin in the secondary and pretty much void of talent, they can’t leave their CB’s alone. The biggest problem with NE is they should be able to beat OAK by running or passing to the RB’s, passing to TE’s or WR’s. Denver you could predict Gronk and receiving Rb’s would be part of the game plan and to fade WR’s, Oak’s D has no strengths on D, no logical funnel. BB could have RB’s get 40 touches or throw it 50x, my best bet is Cooks and Gronk making big plays this game and Dion’s 15 plus touches and TD equity being worth more than his salary. If Hogan somehow plays he’s definitely in play at low ownership, that guy was a top 10 WR before his injury and he’s only $5800.

Edit: Amerson probably out for Oak, this is starting to look a lot better for Cooks. He got 11 tgts vs Denver with Hogan out, he gets 11 tgts vs Oak and the odds are pretty strong he smashes.

• theghostofveebs

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Just saw on Mike and Mike that Tyrod Taylor is benched this week..Nathan Peterman starting. Bills are packing it in already although I guess the QB play cant get much worse in Buffalo.

odd that they bench taylor after their defense gives up 97 rushing TDs in two games. mcdervish probably asked him to run ball control and didn’t like the response.

• theghostofveebs

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

The one thing about this is, is that Gabbert could be a possible longshot…I am always against plays like this and I can’t stand when backup QBs are touted…BUT I do know a lot about Arians since he was with the Steelers for so long and he just does not give a shit. If you play you are expected to chuck the ball all over the field and especially downfield. That is the upside…the down side is whether or not he can actually complete the passes.

what Gabbert CAN do is relieve pressure from the box. I’ll have a few Gabbert / Larry stacks and a few lineups with ADP.

• Kamais_Ookin

@mike42 said...

Link

Do you favor dion over burkhead this week or is it a coinflip?

• bignish

@BIF said...

Agree and exactly why I brought up the thought of a naked Cousins play last night.

Thompson is the one guy right now I’m tossed on if I do stack at all because from what I’ve seen, the NO D is more predicated on speed than size so he may be able to absorb a few more touches than what Gruden has been giving him plus I don’t Perine will do much as the Skins will need to throw 40+ times.

Throw in Crowder in my opinion and you’ve got the Redskins recipe to pass on this Saints defense. NO defends TEs very well so they can limit Davis and put Lattimore on Josh Doctson.

I see Cousins dumping it off to Thompson and throwing passes in the middle of the field to Crowder and letting them get YAC to exploit these NO LBs in coverage. These 2 could potentially smash in the 2nd half if the game script plays out like we expect it to.

• Kamais_Ookin

I’ve been feeling from the start it’s the jared cook show, a strong pivot off of kelce and gronk.

• bignish

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I’ve been feeling from the start it’s the jared cook show, a strong pivot off of kelce and gronk.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

• zpa1989

will Rhodes shadow woods or Watkins? I would have to imagine it would be woods. anyone know for sure?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).