1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -10 ) at Jacksonville ( 10 ) —- T: 46
    4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 9.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Denver ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 1.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -1.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 9 ) at Minnesota ( -9 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -7 ) at Las Vegas ( 7 ) —- T: 55

Monday, 11/23
    8:15 PM EST : LA Rams ( 3.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

@jdtrey said...

I don’t know why you guys don’t understand THIS is why they have to do this. Jameis is here on a 1 year prove it deal. Taysom Hill is the 2nd highest paid backup in the league on his 2 year $21 million deal. They chose to stick with “their guy” as the backup because Payton obviously loves him and Teddy would’ve cost them an additional 10 mil a year. If they start Jameis they’re showing zero confidence in Taysom which would makes zero sense after showing all the confidence in the world to pay the kid 10 mil to sit on the bench 90% of the time.

So what are you saying?

• jdtrey

@hautalak said...

I would have to think Jameis knows the playbook a little better so him not getting starter reps doesn’t concern me.

How on God’s green earth would Jameis know the playbook better in 8 months than Taysom would in 4 years?!

• jdtrey

@theIrrigator said...

So what are you saying?

The same thing as you.. with a little more explanation ;)

• Randallus

@marker0357 said...

Season Long: I picked Hill up to play at TE. My team has been decimated by injuries all year (CMac, Kittle, Deebo, Mostert, etc, etc.) so I’m happy to take a chance.

I grabbed Hill so that my opponent doesn’t get him. He’s last in the league and I’m second last. We made a bet pre-draft about who would finish higher in the standings. 6 of my first 8 round picks have been injured, including Barkley, Sutton, Etc.

My only two picks To not get hurt in those 8 rounds are the reason I can’t start Hill this week. I have Mahomes and Waller. 😂

• hautalak

@jdtrey said...

How on God’s green earth would Jameis know the playbook better in 8 months than Taysom would in 4 years?!

Idk man I guess I just think they have a “”(player-popup #taysom-hill)Taysom Hill”:/players/taysom-hill-36873” playbook vs a “real” Saints playbook. I’ll likely eat crow but Hill doesn’t interest (maybe only as a TE on FD if he stays there).

• bazerko

If the reports are true, I’m really wondering what his upside is as a TE getting the scoring of a QB. Scoring on FD is tricky where he has to throw for 100 yards just to hit 4 fantasy points.

• zeeshan2

Swift won’t get cleared in time vs the Panthers ugh

• marker0357

my guess is that prop bets may go crazy this week

• jdtrey

@hautalak said...

Idk man I guess I just think they have a “”(player-popup #taysom-hill)Taysom Hill”:/players/taysom-hill-36873” playbook vs a “real” Saints playbook. I’ll likely eat crow but Hill doesn’t interest (maybe only as a TE on FD if he stays there).

I’m absolutely on board with you that he’s not going to come out and sling 300 and 4 TDs but like you said, FD only(and for me season long) because he’s pretty much a free square. I get what you’re saying with the playbook too, but he has to know the whole package pretty well in and out at this point having been there 4 years under Brees. In my mind though the thing that really helps him is where he is, Payton won’t set him up to fail so I’m expecting everything to basically be condensed to MT, Kamara and Cooks. Hill’s adot maybe something like 4 this game and he could still hit 20FP pretty easily with upside for more if Kamara or MT took a short one to the house.

• hautalak

@jdtrey said...

Payton won’t set him up to fail so I’m expecting everything to basically be condensed to MT, Kamara and Cooks. Hill’s adot maybe something like 4 this game and he could still hit 20FP pretty easily with upside for more if Kamara or MT took a short one to the house.

The Saints are obviously better at this than I, so I’m sure they have a plan. I’m just wondering how well it can work.

Either way this sure is a “weird” week now…

• whodat2

@winnerchickendinner said...

The rushing upside and a touchdown or two and pair him with kamara for the dumpoffs and the value is hard to pass up. A week one Newton would be a good projected comparison with not worrying about him passing it around the yard. Newton threw for 155 and had 75 rushing yards and two TDs for 25 points. 5x for 4800

If you are in Yahoo! season long, they changed his eligibility to QB.

• jdtrey

@hautalak said...

The Saints are obviously better at this than I, so I’m sure they have a plan. I’m just wondering how well it can work.

Either way this sure is a “weird” week now…

That’s for damn sure! The more I think about this, has a starting QB ever had a negative adoT? I could seriously see a scenario where Hill’s longest air throw is something like 9 yards and the majority of them are screens and wheel routes and he has like a -1 or 1 adoT as a full game starting QB in the NFL.

• getlucky4

I think hills upside is being undersold. I watched youtube video from last year and he is slinging it all over.

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

How?

The same way they change stuff up all the time. Put a banner on the page “”(player-popup #taysom-hill)Taysom Hill”:/players/taysom-hill-36873 has Been moved to QB” “Points will not accrue at Tight End” “Please adjust your lineups accordingly”

• bazerko

FD has a blurb basically telling you to play Hill at TE in his player profile, going as far as to say “he has astronomical value”.

• querb

@marker0357 said...

Season Long: I picked Hill up to play at TE. My team has been decimated by injuries all year (CMac, Kittle, Deebo, Mostert, etc, etc.) so I’m happy to take a chance.

what website other than FD is allowing for Hill to be in the TE slot?

• thebettymo

my fantasy league on ESPN is allowing him to be lined up at TE, for now at least

• Randallus

@querb said...

Season long on ESPN does, at least for this week. He said season long, not DFS.

• theIrrigator

@tmarohl said...

The same way they change stuff up all the time. Put a banner on the page “”(player-popup #taysom-hill)Taysom Hill”:/players/taysom-hill-36873 has Been moved to QB” “Points will not accrue at Tight End” “Please adjust your lineups accordingly”

That would be like them moving Curtis Samual to RB midweek because the coach said he would get carries. Dont see it happening

• Randallus

@getlucky4 said...

I think hills upside is being undersold. I watched youtube video from last year and he is slinging it all over.

Show me those videos. Link it. He has 18 career passing attempts, completing 3/6 passes in 2019. I would love to see where he was slinging it.

This is definitely an overreaction.

• theIrrigator

On FD this week I’m just gonna pretend where it says “TE” that it actually says “super flex” lol

• Randallus

@theIrrigator said...

On FD this week I’m just gonna pretend where it says “TE” that it actually says “super flex” lol

Yeah, his ownership should be the highest ever in a GPP on FD.

• jdtrey

@Randallus said...

Yeah, his ownership should be the highest ever in a GPP on FD.

While I agree with this, I think there’s going to be plenty of people that try to play the game theory side and fade and also I think there will be some casuals that have no clue that he’s actually starting at QB for the Saints this week. I’m going to laugh when I see Jared Cook with some(not much) ownership on Sunday on FD.

• marker0357

@querb said...

ESPN leagues

• yisman

honestly would’ve used Taysom at QB on DK for 4800 in the Thu-Mon but already have Russ locked in because the news wasn’t out yet.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.