1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -10 ) at Jacksonville ( 10 ) —- T: 46
    4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 9.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Denver ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 1.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -1.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 9 ) at Minnesota ( -9 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -7 ) at Las Vegas ( 7 ) —- T: 55

Monday, 11/23
    8:15 PM EST : LA Rams ( 3.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Randallus

@dominicanpapi said...

Mixon didn’t practice Friday, just saw it on rotoworld. Higgins did so I’m assuming Mixon is out, Higgins is in.

Golladay didn’t practice either so he’s probably out.

If Adams and Lazard are out, do you lock in MVS? Would you play Williams and Jones in the same lineup?

I’m actually looking at Tonyan and Williams if Adams and Lazard are out.

AJ is a good play, but I think earlier in the year with both out, it was a Williams and Tonyan who were the value plays.

• Randallus

@Jokey401 said...

“If Adams and Lazard are out, do you lock in MVS? Would you play Williams and Jones in the same lineup?“

If that happens I’m fading that game all together. If anything I’d play AJ in that scenario. Better opportunities elsewhere in other games.

Williams at 5.7k….

Last time Adams and Lazard were both out, Williams had 8 carries for 10 yards and 8 receptions for 95 yards. That’s 18.5 points and he was 5 yards shy of the bonus.

Meanwhile, Tonyan has 6 receptions for 98 yards and 3 TDs.

I don’t think there’s better value at RB (minus maybe Ballage) or TE than those two players if both Adams and Lazard are out.

• MattyK1981

@whodat2 said...

Tayson as QB in the NFL including preseason and postseason:

(PS, REG, POST, GB & NOR):
    101 comp
    148 att
    68.2 %
    1,212 yds
    8.2 avg
    7 tds
    4 ints
    97.6 rating

152 rush for 976 yds for 6.4 avg and 7 tds. 12 fumbles, 5 lost,

12 fumbles in 152 rush attempts is comically terrible, this guy must be plowing Mrs Payton something fierce and she is making him stay around

• mike42

S. Payton has spent a lot of time thinking about how he would use Hill if he ever had to start or became the starter. It’s hard to imagine an MT volume game but maybe D. Harris gets some shots down the field. The main point is it won’t be as vanilla or basic as we think, they will try to create explosive plays with him at QB.

I also think ATL will keep it’s pedal to the medal and it helps that Ryan has been good (for fantasy)against them. Not so much a game stack, but I think you can still use Julio or Ridley or Hurst. I don’t think Gurley will do anything so even if ATL plays with a lead, they should continue to pass. Also might control TOP because it’s kind of hard to imagine NO’s going on long drives like they usually can. I think ATL’s pass game ownership will take a bigger hit than it should for those reasons.

• jdtrey

@mike42 said...

Not so much a game stack, but I think you can still use Julio or Ridley or Hurst.

Now that you mention it you could technically game stack it on FD and hope it’s a shootout – Ryan / Julio or Ridley with Taysom / Kamara and hope for the best. Taysom’s gonna take at least a few goal line runs and if Kamara takes a screen or two to the house that would end up being an insane stack to hit, but it’s not way out of the realm of possibility. Taysom wouldn’t need to do much more than 150/1 80/1 for 24 from your 4500 TE and if it were a shootout I would probably expect a little more.

• mike42

@Randallus said...

Williams at 5.7k….

Last time Adams and Lazard were both out, Williams had 8 carries for 10 yards and 8 receptions for 95 yards. That’s 18.5 points and he was 5 yards shy of the bonus.

Meanwhile, Tonyan has 6 receptions for 98 yards and 3 TDs.

I don’t think there’s better value at RB (minus maybe Ballage) or TE than those two players if both Adams and Lazard are out.

I think it’s much more likely they all play. Any way you slice it, they are playing against the worse team to play against for fantasy and they’ve had 10 days to get ready for AR. Any game can shoot out, but this game sets up to be bad for fantasy. If Indy gets it’s way, they will slow this game to a crawl with their run game and keep AR/GB to under 60 total plays. We have seen nothing from GB’s D to suggest they can stop Indy from going on long drives. We have also seen nothing recently (or for most of the year) from Indy’s D that suggests they will get lit up. Number 1 run D that gives up less big plays in the pass game than anybody else. Indy’s O should go slow and they should slow down GB’s O.

I still like D. Adams because Indy’s D plays things straight up and trusts their scheme/pl;ayers and my best guess is Adams will bring Rhodes back to his 2019 self. If the best player in fantasy goes low owned because of Lazard coming back and MVS finally realizing his potential, I think you play him.

• emnj69

I predict the hill experiment is a troll and he will not be the main qb this week for the saints. He may “start” but I think Winston will be the guy. There is no rule that Payton has to tell people what his actual game plan is. He does not care about fantasy line ups or daily line ups or anything besides winning games.

• emnj69

p.s hill is not good at throwing the ball

• DarthPasta

Swift out.

• 33BeRad

@emnj69 said...

I predict the hill experiment is a troll and he will not be the main qb this week for the saints. He may “start” but I think Winston will be the guy. There is no rule that Payton has to tell people what his actual game plan is. He does not care about fantasy line ups or daily line ups or anything besides winning games.

No, but there are reports that Hill took the 1st team reps all week and Winston has a playing time incentive in his contract. It could be a financial move where Peyton doesn’t think WInston gives them that much better an opportunity to win.
    It’s definitely worth a tourney shot to play Winston, I’m sure others are going to do it. What if you played Winston and Hill on FD and WInston throws one to Hill? HA!
    In reality, even if Winston plays I think his ceiling would be capped because Hill will definitely play. Hill, to me, is only worth a play on FD at TE because TE is a crapshoot(or dumpster fire this week) anyway and his rushing upside alone could be the top TE scorer

• mike42

@mike42 said...

I think it’s much more likely they all play. Any way you slice it, they are playing against the worse team to play against for fantasy and they’ve had 10 days to get ready for AR. Any game can shoot out, but this game sets up to be bad for fantasy. If Indy gets it’s way, they will slow this game to a crawl with their run game and keep AR/GB to under 60 total plays. We have seen nothing from GB’s D to suggest they can stop Indy from going on long drives. We have also seen nothing recently (or for most of the year) from Indy’s D that suggests they will get lit up. Number 1 run D that gives up less big plays in the pass game than anybody else. Indy’s O should go slow and they should slow down GB’s O.

I still like D. Adams because Indy’s D plays things straight up and trusts their scheme/pl;ayers and my best guess is Adams will bring Rhodes back to his 2019 self. If the best player in fantasy goes low owned because of Lazard coming back and MVS finally realizing his potential, I think you play him.

I’m going to quote myself for the first time, I’m sure it doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone:)

Last week when I said that SEA might be in trouble Vs a good LA D, someone brought up that they hadn’t played anyone. Here is the thing, we ONLY have a few legit good D’s in the NFL right now and INDY is one of them, so is LAR. I missed the first few weeks of the season but from what I’m seeing, there is no reason to target teams that are playing against a good D. I made that mistake with Henry Vs the Bears. Some guys will smash because variance is what it is, but in general, you will make a lot more money playing guys facing the other 28-29 teams that don’t have good D’s. Also, for whatever reason, the teams with good D’s don’t seem to have good O’s which has led to a lot of ugly or disappointing CHI or INDY or LAR games.

Balt had a good D, but they are missing enough guys up front where it might make a difference, especially in the run game. Felt better about Henry until I read about how banged up TEN is on the O-line.

Most years it feels like we have 10 D’s that should give you pause for one reason or another, this year, it’s half that, at best.

• mike42

@33BeRad said...

No, but there are reports that Hill took the 1st team reps all week and Winston has a playing time incentive in his contract. It could be a financial move where Peyton doesn’t think WInston gives them that much better an opportunity to win.
    It’s definitely worth a tourney shot to play Winston, I’m sure others are going to do it. What if you played Winston and Hill on FD and WInston throws one to Hill? HA!
    In reality, even if Winston plays I think his ceiling would be capped because Hill will definitely play. Hill, to me, is only worth a play on FD at TE because TE is a crapshoot(or dumpster fire this week) anyway and his rushing upside alone could be the top TE scorer

I think Payton thought he could get the WInston out of Winston before he met Winston. Now, he knows better. You can take Winston out of TB, but you can’t take the Winston out of Winston. They need a SB this year and only 1 team gets a bye, if he threw darts instead of duds last week, I think they play him this week. NO’s has sold out for NOW the last couple years and Bree’s is done after this year.

• IronMonkey415

Birthday boy Gio should eat well on Sunday.

• Randallus

@mike42 said...

This is all moot until we know if they’ll be out, but speaking hypothetically, I don’t think this sets up bad for fantasy at all. Any time injuries provide AR with a concentrated target group, those players have shown to flourish. Indy’s D doesn’t scare me because they haven’t played as potent an offense as GB yet. Their pass D especially doesn’t scare me. Indy can only slow the game down if they get a solid lead. I don’t think that will be the case in any scenario. GB have had their offense limited twice this year. Once in a bad weather game against Vikings and the other against a strong pass and run D in TB. Whatever the over/under here is, I would go over. Also, keep in mind that QBs (including Rodgers) will throw to their TE if repeatedly pressured. Tonyan is set up for a big game if both those guys are out.

All that said, it’s irrelevant in my case if one or both players play. I will likely fade that game entirely if Adams and/or Lazard play.

I respect your opinion obviously mike, but gotta disagree with this one.

• infantryboys

@DarthPasta said...

Swift out.

It feels gross, but AP is in play for me now.

• infantryboys

@Randallus said...

This is all moot until we know if they’ll be out, but speaking hypothetically, I don’t think this sets up bad for fantasy at all. Any time injuries provide AR with a concentrated target group, those players have shown to flourish. Indy’s D doesn’t scare me because they haven’t played as potent an offense as GB yet. Their pass D especially doesn’t scare me. Indy can only slow the game down if they get a solid lead. I don’t think that will be the case in any scenario. GB have had their offense limited twice this year. Once in a bad weather game against Vikings and the other against a strong pass and run D in TB. Whatever the over/under here is, I would go over. Also, keep in mind that QBs (including Rodgers) will throw to their TE if repeatedly pressured. Tonyan is set up for a big game if both those guys are out.

All that said, it’s irrelevant in my case if one or both players play. I will likely fade that game entirely if Adams and/or Lazard play.

I respect your opinion obviously mike, but gotta disagree with this one.

Per rotoworld:

Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said Davante Adams (ankle) “should be good to go” for Week 11 against the Colts.
    It appears Adams will play through his ankle injury in Week 11, just as he did last week against Jacksonville. There remains the chance for an in-game injury but fantasy managers need to have Adams in their lineups.

• cheezpizza

@emnj69 said...

p.s hill is not good at throwing the ball

https://youtu.be/jW7M-e5zc7g

• whodat2

Also per Rotoworld:

Saints head coach Sean Payton won’t name a starting quarterback for Week 11 against the Falcons.
    “I haven’t announced that either one of them are starting,” Payton said when asked whether Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston would start in placed of Drew Brees (ribs, lung) this week. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Friday that Hill would start Week 11 against Atlanta. That doesn’t mean Winston won’t be involved in some way against the Falcons. If he gets the nod at QB, Hill would be a top-end tight end option on fantasy sites that give him tight end eligibility, while said eligibility sparks a civil war on fantasy football Twitter.

• emnj69

@mike42 said...

I think Payton thought he could get the WInston out of Winston before he met Winston. Now, he knows better. You can take Winston out of TB, but you can’t take the Winston out of Winston. They need a SB this year and only 1 team gets a bye, if he threw darts instead of duds last week, I think they play him this week. NO’s has sold out for NOW the last couple years and Bree’s is done after this year.

serious question have you seen hill throw? he is NOT good at throwing the pass-he can chuck it but not accurate-in hills wildest dreams he is not as good of passer as tebow was-go watch the college tapes of him throwing and his nfl throws have not been accurate either-

• emnj69

@whodat2 said...

Also per Rotoworld:

Saints head coach Sean Payton won’t name a starting quarterback for Week 11 against the Falcons.
    “I haven’t announced that either one of them are starting,” Payton said when asked whether Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston would start in placed of Drew Brees (ribs, lung) this week. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Friday that Hill would start Week 11 against Atlanta. That doesn’t mean Winston won’t be involved in some way against the Falcons. If he gets the nod at QB, Hill would be a top-end tight end option on fantasy sites that give him tight end eligibility, while said eligibility sparks a civil war on fantasy football Twitter.

I will stick to my post payton is trolling you all
    hill cant throw
    winston can throw and throw well-yes he makes some bad choices

• jdtrey

@emnj69 said...

serious question have you seen hill throw? he is NOT good at throwing the pass-he can chuck it but not accurate-in hills wildest dreams he is not as good of passer as tebow was-go watch the college tapes of him throwing and his nfl throws have not been accurate either-

He’s an NFL QB making 10 million a year as a backup, I’m pretty sure the Saints scouts know a little more about these things than us..

No one is expecting him to be Joe Montana

• emnj69

@jdtrey said...

He’s an NFL QB making 10 million a year as a backup, I’m pretty sure the Saints scouts know a little more about these things than us..

No one is expecting him to be Joe Montana

his role has been a gadget player-he was not accurate in college-he was not accurate on some of his throws
    tebow was a better qb and better thrower…

• emnj69

@cheezpizza said...

https://youtu.be/jW7M-e5zc7g

u want me to post the video of the bad throw compilation?
    tebow made some nice throws ….. but he was not a NFL passing qb

• emnj69

hill is not an accurate passer and he fumbles the ball

clearly payton knows more about me when it comes to football but until I see hill starting the next few games over winston I wont believe it

• emnj69

there is a reason teddy b played all of the games when brees went down last time over hill-teddy b is a real qb….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).