1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -10 ) at Jacksonville ( 10 ) —- T: 46
    4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 9.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Denver ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 1.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -1.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 9 ) at Minnesota ( -9 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -7 ) at Las Vegas ( 7 ) —- T: 55

Monday, 11/23
    8:15 PM EST : LA Rams ( 3.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jdtrey

Look I get what you’re saying but I think you might be missing the point, Hill doesn’t need to throw bombs to be successful here. If he starts Payton will cater the offense to his strengths, same he would if Jameis starts. NO ONE is arguing that Taysom Hill is a great passing QB or needs to be in this spot. This is a DFS forum and on FD he’s an insanely good play at 4500 at TE even if Jameis starts because if they’re willing to pull Brees for Hill’s gadgetry, you know damn well they’ll pull Jameis for him too. (and probably more often) I’d almost prefer if Jameis was announced the starter since it would bring Hill’s ownership out of the astronomical range and he could still easily be the highest scoring TE on FD.

Unrelated question for all, anybody still alive in the FD streak contest ending this weekend?

• superjon

@jdtrey said...

This is a DFS forum and on FD he’s an insanely good play at 4500 at TE

It’s the simple fact that he’s at TE where his floor is going to be most TE’s ceilings.

Add to the fact that he is probably going to start and will have the ball in his hands on every play.

• emnj69

@jdtrey said...

Look I get what you’re saying but I think you might be missing the point, Hill doesn’t need to throw bombs to be successful here. If he starts Payton will cater the offense to his strengths, same he would if Jameis starts. NO ONE is arguing that Taysom Hill is a great passing QB or needs to be in this spot. This is a DFS forum and on FD he’s an insanely good play at 4500 at TE even if Jameis starts because if they’re willing to pull Brees for Hill’s gadgetry, you know damn well they’ll pull Jameis for him too. (and probably more often) I’d almost prefer if Jameis was announced the starter since it would bring Hill’s ownership out of the astronomical range and he could still easily be the highest scoring TE on FD.

Unrelated question for all, anybody still alive in the FD streak contest ending this weekend?

on fd and te I agree he is a guy you have to strongly consider.
    I just think payton is trolling people and winston will be the main guy

• emnj69

at qb I will play big ben and enjoy his 30+ points

• Bnett2210

@mike42 said...

I think Payton thought he could get the WInston out of Winston before he met Winston. Now, he knows better. You can take Winston out of TB, but you can’t take the Winston out of Winston. They need a SB this year and only 1 team gets a bye, if he threw darts instead of duds last week, I think they play him this week. NO’s has sold out for NOW the last couple years and Bree’s is done after this year.

For the $ they gave Hill, they have to see what they have in him in this situation. I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s as much as Hill is a better QB, but he will be likelier to do what Payton wants with the game plan and take care of the ball. Also, I mean if you go Jameis and he isn’t good or fails miserably then you have Hill left and you have no clue how he will hold up in full time role, but if you go Hill now and he isn’t working out, then you know you have a guy with starter talent behind him you can play. I still don’t think it’s going to be all Taysom and no packages for Jameis, because if ATL jumps out to a decent lead somehow then they’re going to need someone they know has the arm talent with that big play ability in the passing game, if Hill shows he don’t provide that element. That’s just my opinions when I think about the situation.

• cheezpizza

@emnj69 said...

there is a reason teddy b played all of the games when brees went down last time over hill-teddy b is a real qb….

We get it, you dont like Taysom.

• Longshots1234

mike42 what are your best bets on games and over under. And do you have any props bets for the games Thanks Bobby

• infantryboys

@Bnett2210 said...

For the $ they gave Hill, they have to see what they have in him in this situation. I could be wrong but I don’t think it’s as much as Hill is a better QB, but he will be likelier to do what Payton wants with the game plan and take care of the ball. Also, I mean if you go Jameis and he isn’t good or fails miserably then you have Hill left and you have no clue how he will hold up in full time role, but if you go Hill now and he isn’t working out, then you know you have a guy with starter talent behind him you can play. I still don’t think it’s going to be all Taysom and no packages for Jameis, because if ATL jumps out to a decent lead somehow then they’re going to need someone they know has the arm talent with that big play ability in the passing game, if Hill shows he don’t provide that element. That’s just my opinions when I think about the situation.

I think this is the best analysis of the Saints QB situation I’ve seen so far.

• Bnett2210

Mike, I’ve always valued your game break downs and especially the RB break downs, so just from you have looked at so far this week. What is your top 4/5 RBs at any price. With pricing tighter this week, I’m trying to lock my cash lineup RBs and value in and keep overthinking some things. Normally RB is where I have the least problem, but I’m struggling because as much as I want Conner to smash and in the spot to do it, coupled with Tomlin wanting to get the run game going I just don’t know how much I trust it.

Also, what do you think about Zeke this week?? I know he’s not been mentioned a lot or if at all, but 6500 for his talent and capabilities normally would be all over and locking him in. He just seems like someone not getting talked about and then at the end of the games we’re all like wtf why didn’t we look at Zeke at his price. He’s not been the same obviously but he still is Zeke and outside his fumbling issues this year, what do you think about Zeke this week??

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@emnj69 said...

on fd and te I agree he is a guy you have to strongly consider.

So if he was a TE on DK you would like him?

• Bnett2210

@infantryboys said...

I think this is the best analysis of the Saints QB situation I’ve seen so far.

Just my opinion and what makes the most sense to me personally. I could be way off but anyone in here or a fan of the game and actually knowledgeable of it, you know damn well that it has to be something with the trust and sticking to game plan because in no way are you going to convince most any fans that Hill is the better QB of the 2. I was hoping for Jameis to get his shot though and see if he has progressed with his decision making. You can’t deny his arm talent, even situation now he has more arm talent than most QBs starting. The 30 interceptions argument kills him I know, and putting his team in bad spots but 5,000 yards and 30 TDs also says the dude has talent, and with the right people in his corner there is no doubt in my mind he can be a franchise QB somewhere. Think about Jameis with BB in NE, his talent with Bill grooming him and getting him to really think and be a good decision maker. He would put any team he plays for in a good position if he gets it together between the ears.

Having played QB my whole life, which obviously nothing huge came out of it, I get a little more critical and defensive over QB’s. Especially if people are clueless to the guys actual talent level and write him off. It’s a bold statement maybe looking at it right now, but if Jameis did learn well under Brees and Payton and he gets to showcase that this year I think it will leave the Saints with a decision obviously trying to lock him up for the future, or he’s going to get rich again from some of these teams that need a QB, like Washington. I think Jameis to Scary Terry would be an exciting and explosive duo too, that’s just one of the teams but you know what I mean.

• winnerchickendinner

Ertz unlikely to be back this week.

• steveharvey

@emnj69 said...

Coaches take practice pretty seriously. I doubt Payton would have Winston miss all the reps with the starters just to troll people

• BIF

@hautalak said...

Nobody can convince me Winston isn’t getting in the game lol

Doesn’t matter – I don’t think either is playable now as Winston won’t get enough snaps to pay off and Hill is terrible. He could be free and I would not waste my DK QB spot on him (and his 12 points) when Ben and a few others are going to put up 26-30+

• BIF

@theIrrigator said...

I think we are basically getting a college style QB for $4800. He could run for 100 yards. I’m gonna have to look at some stuff but he cant be that bad of a passer right? And it doesnt hurt he is playing the Falcons D at home

Here is some college tape on him – enjoy !

https://twitter.com/grandelarsony/status/1329806961597181953?s=20

• BIF

@theIrrigator said...

I think Hill gets all the snaps. They need to see if Hill can be the starter once Brees retires

So in the middle of a division and conference title race where they can finish literally anything between 1st and 7th (other than 4th that the NFC LEast winner gets), they are going to experiment and see what they have ? I don’t buy that. Either Winston pissed someone off or the coach is lying because Taysom is not a long term solution and he should not be a short term one either.

As a Bucs fan, I hope Hill plays because a Saints loss would be great.

• be47320

This week looks tough. I have no clue what to do at running back right now. Cook will be the expensive chalk, Zeke has looked awful but has never been this cheap, Davis at 6800 is hard to trust dinged up and trending down, Conner has been a dumpster fire. I’m lost so far. Right now I’m at cook and Chubb so I’ll have to find WR value

• BIF

@getlucky4 said...

How do you view all of taysoms passes in the nfl? Even a high school qb can throw a slant to mt.

Here is all of 2019’s

https://twitter.com/bnots13/status/1329820212363997184?s=20

• BIF

@jdtrey said...

How on God’s green earth would Jameis know the playbook better in 8 months than Taysom would in 4 years?!

To be fair, Jameis was academically eligible for a scholarship to Stanford but passed on them to play at FSU. Winston’s football IQ is actually pretty good (yah yah I know about the INTs) and supposedly since he got his laser eye surgery in April, he can actually see downfield past 20 yards.

And really the Saints playbook is not that dynamic – dump it to Kamara, handoff to Kamara, mix in a handoff to Lat and hit MT on a slant. Repeat…

• superjon

@BIF said...

Here is all of 2019’s

https://twitter.com/bnots13/status/1329820212363997184?s=20

All those throws look good to me.

• IronMonkey415

Each one of us could be a pro QB with the Saints.

• marker0357

@IronMonkey415 said...

Each one of us could be a pro QB with the Saints.

They actually called me about my availability before announcing the starter this week.

• jdtrey

@BIF said...

As a Bucs fan, I hope Hill plays because a Saints loss would be great.

They’re playing my Falcons, with Matty Ice on the road so I’m not really sure it matters who they start at QB as Kamara and Latavius might beat that defense on their own.

BUT Taysom Hill is not nearly as bad as a bunch of people are making him out to be. Those BYU videos while funny aren’t really an accurate comp and his 2019 throws were all pretty damn good minus sailing one and throwing one wide off his back foot on a scramble. Again, he’s not going to come out and be Joe Montana but on FD at TE he doesn’t have to be. DK QB would take some conviction to get behind though.

• kdsdawg

no way I would play him on DK but it is foolish to think he isn’t almost a lock on FD at his price. His price on DK would be equal to $2500.

caveat, as a starter.
    Also, he is such a threat to vulture TDs at the goal line that I probably 100 % fade Kamara on FD at 9700.

• jdtrey

What’s funny to me (and I know it’s early) is LineupHQ adjusted Hill’s projected FP on both sites to where he’s almost projected 5x his salary, but they still have his ownership on both sites at 0.1%

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).