1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( -7 ) at Cleveland ( 7 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( 4 ) at Oakland ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 39.5

Monday, November 28th
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Papipopo

Bunch of bull shitters here, don’t trust the big talkers on this site. Their number one task is to mislead and Syke you into their game.

• JimKronlund

@Papipopo said...

Bunch of bull shitters here, don’t trust the big talkers on this site. Their number one task is to mislead and Syke you into their game.

There is not a big enough of an audience to make a dent in who plays what on DraftKings.
    There just opinions on a forum. Nothing more nothing less.

• CleverGroom

@Papipopo said...

Sometimes, there’s a small voice in the back of my head that asks whether I should share my findings and opinions with competitors. Then I remember that nobody knows who I am, nobody cares, and half of you will do the exact opposite of anything I say on principle.

• sliceman11

I use this site as an opportunity to voice my oponion and thoughts on players and matchups. What people take from it is completely up to them lol. But anyway, is anyone still on malcolm Mitchell? Gronk likely out. Hogan looks to not be a factor, and Bennett clearly playing hurt. Hmmm

• BIF

@Papipopo said...

2 posts in 11 months – almost exactly the same

We thank you for your contribution to the forum and your deposits !

• CleverGroom

@sliceman11 said...

But anyway, is anyone still on malcolm Mitchell? Gronk likely out. Hogan looks to not be a factor, and Bennett clearly playing hurt. Hmmm

I like Malcolm Mitchell almost as much as Belichick hates the press. The Jets always play the Pats close—Brady’s 3-3 at MetLife since it was built. I expect this to be a close, high-scoring game, even though I don’t think Belichick’s going to rush Gronk and Hogan back.

They shouldn’t need Gronk and Hogan to beat the Jets, because Mitchell might actually be #good. Edelman, Lewis, White will soften them up underneath even if the TEs are a wash. Mitchell has the most upside of the bunch attacking the Jets on the deep perimeter, where their DBs have struggled all year. It starts to look a whole lot like the game plan from last week, and based on Belichick gushing about Mitchell after that, I think he was pretty satisfied with M&M’s performance.

I really like Forte too, and even Bilal Powell! The Pats are terrible against passes out of the backfield (see, C.J. Prosise) and just lost one of their best run-stuffers, Alan Branch, to a pot suspension. Less sold on Marshall, but I can see the argument. I think my reservations about Marshall may have to do with being more interested in the run game. Not exactly looking to run a Jets stack, for Christ’s sake.

If I don’t wind up playing Mitchell, it’d probably be because I wound up playing DeVante Parker and Taylor Gabriel instead, and he wound up as the odd man out. I absolutely love these value plays at WR this week. Love, love, love.

• timusbr

@CleverGroom said...

Sometimes, there’s a small voice in the back of my head that asks whether I should share my findings and opinions with competitors. Then I remember that nobody knows who I am, nobody cares, and half of you will do the exact opposite of anything I say on principle.

Atta girl, Actually I like to make my own mind up first then cruise around and see what others say. Your entertaining, you have some sort of process and you make choices. What better could we hope for from a fellow DFS and RG chat player. As to your picks, from what i saw Thursday, your right. if you pick the NBA tonight I would take the counterparts.

• ralphie8on1

@CleverGroom said...

If I don’t wind up playing Mitchell, it’d probably be because I wound up playing DeVante Parker and Taylor Gabriel instead, and he wound up as the odd man out. I absolutely love these value plays at WR this week. Love, love, love.

Are you playing DeVante Parker over Jarvis Landry because of price alone or do you not like Landry?

• CleverGroom

@ralphie8on1 said...

Are you playing DeVante Parker over Jarvis Landry because of price alone or do you not like Landry?

Oh Landry’s done. We can all move on; nothing to see here. It’s going to take good health and a big change in that offense to make him viable again. No signs of that yet.

Apart from everything else, the Niners are one of the best defenses in the league against short passes. 3rd in DVOA, after Denver and Philly. It took 17 targets—from Tom Brady, mind you, not Tannehill—for Edelman to get to a 8-77-1 line. That’s obscene.

Since their bye, Landry’s gotten 17 targets, Parker has 22, and Stills has 13. The coaching staff has moved on. Parker’s producing downfield and Ajayi’s producing in the run game, so Landry’s role has disappeared. I don’t expect that trend to reverse against an opponent that’s vulnerable to Ajayi and Parker, and strong against Landry, especially when Parker’s the only healthy WR.

• bonuscash

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

Can we just rename this to the “CleverGroom here, ask me anything” thread, already? I, personally, am ready for the RG CleverGroom podcast.

• ahawkman

@bonuscash said...

Can we just rename this to the “CleverGroom here, ask me anything” thread, already? I, personally, am ready for the RG CleverGroom podcast.

All in on the CG podcast! Seriously, I think he does great work and is funny as hell. I have to think he’ll be getting paid to write soon, though that may depend on whether DFS can save itself….

• ralphie8on1

The best way to attack the Denver defense is through the run but do yall think that Spencer Ware can make his value? He is sitting at $6100 so your looking at getting at least 18 which is 100yds and a TD.

• sliceman11

Seems like clevergroom and I have been on the same page for the last few weeks lol. I’m actually liking sanu more than Gabriel however, for bethel,the other cb for Arizona is hobbled and already a liability in coverage. With patty p likely to trail julio, this sets up for a 7/110/1 game for sanu. Matty ice trusts him in the redzone, he’s reliable, and most of all will see the weak in coverage cb. Highly overlooked too.

• sliceman11

@ralphie8on1 said...

The best way to attack the Denver defense is through the run but do yall think that Spencer Ware can make his value? He is sitting at $6100 so your looking at getting at least 18 which is 100yds and a TD.

Derek Wolfe returning, no real threat of passing game. I just don’t see kc doing much of anything this week. Very low scoring I’d say. You know von or b marshall aren’t bad against receiving/ rbs either, and ware isn’t really a between the tackles guy but more of a short screen edge runner. Just my opinion tho.

• CleverGroom

@ahawkman said...

All in on the CG podcast! Seriously, I think he does great work and is funny as hell. I have to think he’ll be getting paid to write soon, though that may depend on whether DFS can save itself….

Lol thanks, guys. I think first I gotta worry about saving CleverGroom’s DFS. Guys like Al Smizzle and Evan Silva can have a couple bad weeks and we know from years of experience that they’re still golden. My theoretical podcast might be on thin ice after my last couple weeks.

• CleverGroom

@sliceman11 said...

Seems like clevergroom and I have been on the same page for the last few weeks lol. I’m actually liking sanu more than Gabriel however, for bethel,the other cb for Arizona is hobbled and already a liability in coverage. With patty p likely to trail julio, this sets up for a 7/110/1 game for sanu. Matty ice trusts him in the redzone, he’s reliable, and most of all will see the weak in coverage cb. Highly overlooked too.

That’s basically my argument for Gabriel, though. Arizona’s coverage falls off after P2, whether you’re matched up with Honey Badger, Bethel, or Cooper. It’s just a question of the deep, explosive threat vs. a possession receiver.

I think Gabriel’s been trending up—14.6-18.6 DK points in his last three games, whereas Sanu hit 3.4 against PHI and only beat Gabriel in the game GB game where Julio was crippled—Gabriel’s cheaper, and he’s going to be less owned than Sanu (granted, Sanu won’t really be owned either). Sanu’s a fine play too. I just tend to side with Gabriel here.

In terms of Gabriel’s upside, keep in mind that his 14.6 DK points against the Eagles came on 1 catch out of 5 targets. Maybe that doesn’t sound great, but keep in mind that he was 5/5 and 3/3 in the previous weeks. He can hit value on a single catch, or destroy it on multiple catches, and he’s routinely being given opportunities in their recent games. I can’t really recommend him for cash, but I love his ceiling in GPPs.

One counterargument against both of them is that Coleman’s back. I dunno about that. Arizona’s been extremely stout against the run, and extremely stout against passes to both RBs and TEs. Their main weakness has been Receivers Not Covered By Patrick Peterson, so long as you can stand in against the pass rush. I think Matty Ice can pull that off and get some strikes to Gabriel and/or Sanu in this spot. He’ll need to if they can’t find an answer for David Johnson.

• CleverGroom

@sliceman11 said...

Derek Wolfe returning, no real threat of passing game. I just don’t see kc doing much of anything this week. Very low scoring I’d say. You know von or b marshall aren’t bad against receiving/ rbs either, and ware isn’t really a between the tackles guy but more of a short screen edge runner. Just my opinion tho.

I agree. People are talking about the Charcandrick West concussion like they don’t think Andy Reid is perfectly capable of handing the ball off to Knile Davis in order to keep Spencer Ware from getting 20+ touches. I’ve got news for you: he’ll do it. He’ll happily do it, the absolute madman.

Aqib Talib’s going to be back too, and Demarcus Ware should be well-healed from his fractured arm. I hate everything about this game. Even if you wanted to roster a defense, this is one of those games where a team could fall behind and still not pass over 35 times. There’s just not enough scoring opportunities here. Target something with a little more juice.

• sliceman11

@CleverGroom said...

That’s basically my argument for Gabriel, though. Arizona’s coverage falls off after P2, whether you’re matched up with Honey Badger, Bethel, or Cooper. It’s just a question of the deep, explosive threat vs. a possession receiver.

I think Gabriel’s been trending up—14.6-18.6 DK points in his last three games, whereas Sanu hit 3.4 against PHI and only beat Gabriel in the game GB game where Julio was crippled—Gabriel’s cheaper, and he’s going to be less owned than Sanu (granted, Sanu won’t really be owned either). Sanu’s a fine play too. I just tend to side with Gabriel here.

In terms of Gabriel’s upside, keep in mind that his 14.6 DK points against the Eagles came on 1 catch out of 5 targets. Maybe that doesn’t sound great, but keep in mind that he was 5/5 and 3/3 in the previous weeks. He can hit value on a single catch, or destroy it on multiple catches, and he’s routinely being given opportunities in their recent games. I can’t really recommend him for cash, but I love his ceiling in GPPs.

One counterargument against both of them is that Coleman’s back. I dunno about that. Arizona’s been extremely stout against the run, and extremely stout against passes to both RBs and TEs. Their main weakness has been Receivers Not Covered By Patrick Peterson, so long as you can stand in against the pass rush. I think Matty Ice can pull that off and get some strikes to Gabriel and/or Sanu in this spot. He’ll need to if they can’t find an answer for David Johnson.

Definetly like either play.also can’t get away from cooper this week. Crab looks less then 100 precent n crab may make those rookies cbs look foolish. But who is the wr other then fitz we should target? For AZ? I’m one of the only people who likedon’t Carson this week but can’t determine if it’s a nelson or brown week..

• CleverGroom

@sliceman11 said...

Definetly like either play.also can’t get away from cooper this week. Crab looks less then 100 precent n crab may make those rookies cbs look foolish. But who is the wr other then fitz we should target? For AZ? I’m one of the only people who likedon’t Carson this week but can’t determine if it’s a nelson or brown week..

Crab really broke my heart with that drop last week. Maybe it’s irrational, especially since his hands have been one of his best features, but I’m still sore. He also gets a much tougher matchup in the secondary than Cooper, so I think it’s AC/DC for me.

I’m not bullish on the Arizona passing game generally. Larry’s the guy, especially if Trufant sits. He’s just priced too high, and hasn’t been finishing seasons as strong as he starts them. It’s understandable. Dude’s older than me and I wouldn’t be able to finish a season at all (or a game, for that matter).

Brown’s had so many health issues that I’d have to take a wait and see approach with him. Nelson may not actually be a thing—his one good week against Carolina was teed up by Brown being out and Carolina’s defense being in a total disarray. Floyd’s probably the sneaky guy to play in this spot. I just don’t see the point when there’s other, low-owned fliers I like more.

If anything, I’d consider stacking Carson with DJ. People are exaggerating his struggles a bit. He’s seeing ghosts in the pocket, and not getting much help from anybody but DJ, but he can still throw, and ATL’s a dream of a matchup. I’d be interested if not for the other great QB value plays (specifically Wilson, Carr, and Kaepernick).

I think we’re to the point where we have to throw logic out the window and accept that DJ could be their entire offense, in terms of viable fantasy plays. Dude is a monster. The matchup fits, so I’m not going to overthink it or move past him.

• ASitar

Who’s everyone’s top 3 DEF?

1. Buffalo
    2. Seattle
    3. Tennessee

????

• CleverGroom

@ASitar said...

Who’s everyone’s top 3 DEF?

1. Buffalo
    2. Baltimore
    3. New Orleans

Buffalo and Baltimore are pretty close for me, and New Orleans isn’t far ahead of Oakland and Tennessee. The main thing with Tennessee and New Orleans in particular is that I don’t expect them to defend many passes.

• xpac21

debating between 3 similarly priced guys on DK…meredith, lafell, parker…parker has the best matchup, meredith should see the most volume (they have no one else left) and lafell has the best QB of the bunch

• CleverGroom

@xpac21 said...

debating between 3 similarly priced guys on DK…meredith, lafell, parker…parker has the best matchup, meredith should see the most volume (they have no one else left) and lafell has the best QB of the bunch

Just Parker for me, thanks. Meredith and LaFell just don’t have the upside or floor in broken offenses.

• budbrew

M. Gordon or D. Murray?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).