1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( -7 ) at Cleveland ( 7 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 4 ) at Atlanta ( -4 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -8.5 ) at NY Jets ( 8.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( 4 ) at Oakland ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 39.5

Monday, November 28th
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@scottmsteiner said...

You have to go for the division win. Kubiak had faith in his defense. Had McManus made the FG Kubiak would be considered a genius.

He had like a 5% chance to make it at best.

And having faith in your defense does not have to mean your delusional enough to think they can not allow 1 first down when they are likely completely gassed.

• chronoxiong

If there ever was a week I should’ve been a homer, it was this week. Yep, I thought about playing Kaepernick as my main QB based on his game logs and how much points the Dolphins give up to opposing QBs. Everything pointed to Kaep having a big game, the only question was how especially since the 49ers had to travel across the country and play an early game. Turned out he crushed value with 34 fdp while I followed the sheep with Russel Wilson and paired him up with Doug Baldwin. How did that end up? Not so good. Had I kept Kaep as my QB I would’ve won my cash games for sure since Wilson and Baldwin were each 60% owned.

Another costly decision was my stupid change from taking out the Giants DST into Bills DST. Both were same price on FD. Why did I ever make the change? Giants DST had 23 fdp while the Bills DST up 2 fdp. That’s a 21 fdp swing that should’ve gone in my favor. These decisions are so costly. Last but not least, the TE position rears up it’s ugly head to me again. I played Barnidge. Enough said. Another week of donating to the DFS foundation.

• fpm2015

@chronoxiong said...

If there ever was a week I should’ve been a homer, it was this week. Yep, I thought about playing Kaepernick as my main QB based on his game logs and how much points the Dolphins give up to opposing QBs. Everything pointed to Kaep having a big game, the only question was how especially since the 49ers had to travel across the country and play an early game. Turned out he crushed value with 34 fdp while I followed the sheep with Russel Wilson and paired him up with Doug Baldwin. How did that end up? Not so good. Had I kept Kaep as my QB I would’ve won my cash games for sure since Wilson and Baldwin were each 60% owned.

Another costly decision was my stupid change from taking out the Giants DST into Bills DST. Both were same price on FD. Why did I ever make the change? Giants DST had 23 fdp while the Bills DST up 2 fdp. That’s a 21 fdp swing that should’ve gone in my favor. These decisions are so costly. Last but not least, the TE position rears up it’s ugly head to me again. I played Barnidge. Enough said. Another week of donating to the DFS foundation.

shoulda woulda coulda

• chronoxiong

@fpm2015 said...

shoulda woulda coulda

When you had Kaepernick in your initial lineup as well as the Giants DST throughout the week, there will always be the shoulda, woulda, coulda thoughts. Don’t deny that has never happened to you.

• Darkman33

@Authentk said...

I have T. Hill and KC DTS only for this game. Makes me feel good for at least the next few minutes.

Guys , didn’t see T. hipll’s pricw today as I wasn’t playing any WR vs Den but he seems to be coming on… Is he more then a gimmick when Maclin gets back?

• P0key

Saints 49…Cooks 0 no way…im not buying it

And in two game primetime slates with broncos playing I went sanders over DT being stubborn all season. Last night I decided it time to finally DT…

• S7ubs

@chronoxiong said...

When you had Kaepernick in your initial lineup as well as the Giants DST throughout the week, there will always be the shoulda, woulda, coulda thoughts. Don’t deny that has never happened to you.

It happens to every one every week. Don’t tinker

• Authentk

@Darkman33 said...

Guys , didn’t see T. hipll’s pricw today as I wasn’t playing any WR vs Den but he seems to be coming on… Is he more then a gimmick when Maclin gets back?

Haven’t paid a ton of attention to KC but Hill is explosive. You always try to give your explosive guy the ball right (hence Gabriel from the falcons)?

• lfn1992

I thought Brees would have a great day at home vs. the Rams in a better-than-most-thought matchup, but thought that Cooks would at least be some part of it. Didn’t need to get 100 yards (though that was of course in play), but even a 3/50/1 would have been OK. Mentally I had him with a floor of 12, that’s why the 0 was so perplexing.

My big life lesson I think is, always take the WR1 in piss poor matchups with bad teams. I rolled with T-Sharpe against the Bears thinking he’d get some work in, but Mariota didn’t bother looking his way when Rishard Matthews was eating them alive. I thought ODB too was a sucker play, but he ended up with a fantastic game with 2 TDs. Just glad that I learned this lesson while still doubling up.

• lfn1992

On a related note, how difficult is the Mon-Thu lineup this week? Will Zeke be 100% owned in that slate?

• billholler

So my NFL weekend went like this:
    Heavy on Tim Hightower because I thought Ingram would sit.

Had a 75 LU stack with Brees/Hightower/Thomas. Ingram active so did a full swap of Brees for Matt Ryan. Took Hightower out and replaced with random scrubs but never added Ingram. 60 of the 75 lineups cashed. All 75 LU would have had 17.24 extra points with Brees.

Was about 75% on Giants D. Then changed most of them because of potential high ownership.

My 2nd best MM lineups got 1.4 points from Lockett and JJ Nelson. Both of which dropped 2 easy TD passes and were low owned. That LU also had Greg Olsen who was terrible. LU still cashed.

Was extremely heavy on Sanders last night but removed him from most LU because of potential wind and Marcus Peters active. Also mostly faded Hill last night in 2 game slate because of the wind.

• tom12345

@CleverGroom said...

Brandon Marshall obviously a big risk at this point. Fitzmagic is back, so that’s good? BMarsh has crushed the Patriots before, and had bad games before. Certainly had a lot of experience against them, having played for Miami and NYJ, but it’s not like they’re ever the same year to year. He’s a tricky one for me.

Cam is borderline unplayable on DK just because Derek Carr is $6,100. That is outrageous. Even if Cam goes off, what do you think that does to Carr’s value? The higher Cam’s score goes, the more interest I’m going to have in Derek Carr at a discount. I can’t get past him this week. Going contrarian on a full slate QB doesn’t even pay much in the way of dividends if you’re right.

Russell Wilson leaps out at me almost as much on FD. Dude is $7,500, Rawls is banged up, RB2 is Alex Collins, and RB3 is converted DB and Undrafted notable George Farmer. Shead, Earl, and Bennett are out, and Sherman missed practice time this week with an ankle. The Bucs lost Adjei-Barimah, Grimes is banged up, and they’re having center problems, but Winston’s going to be out there taking shots all day long. I cannot explain the 45 O/U in this game.

Double post

• tom12345

@CleverGroom said...

borderline unplayable on DK just because Derek Carr is $6,100. That is outrageous. Even if Cam goes off, what do you think that does to Carr’s value? The higher Cam’s score goes, the more interest I’m going to have in Derek Carr at a discount. I can’t get past him this week. Going contrarian on a full slate QB doesn’t even pay much in the way of dividends if you’re right.

Russell Wilson leaps out at me almost as much on FD. Dude is $7,500, Rawls is banged up, RB2 is Alex Collins, and RB3 is converted DB and Undrafted notable George Farmer. Shead, Earl, and Bennett are out, and Sherman missed practice time this week with an ankle. The Bucs lost Adjei-Barimah, Grimes is banged up, and they’re having center problems, but Winston’s going to be out there taking shots all day long. I cannot explain the 45 O/U in this game

Good job. Spot on analysis despite the fact that variance may have gotten the best of you/your wilson premise this time.

• lggarruto

RG Overall Ranking

Doesn’t matter because the Denver game dropped me but I was sitting in 12th with Olsen, Cam and Ginn in Milly 8.5 pts behind the leader and Olsen dropped that 3rd and 10. That would almost have been good for a fg and OT and who knows how many points I could have got. Would have got passed anyway but it would have made the Bronco game way more interesting. Finished 36th. Oh so close!

• billholler

@lggarruto said...

Doesn’t matter because the Denver game dropped me but I was sitting in 12th with Olsen, Cam and Ginn in Milly 8.5 pts behind the leader and Olsen dropped that 3rd and 10. That would almost have been good for a fg and OT and who knows how many points I could have got. Would have got passed anyway but it would have made the Bronco game way more interesting. Finished 36th. Oh so close!

I was heavy on Olsen and Cam yesterday too. The dropped 2 point conversion by Olsen and then the dropped 3rd down pass were extremely painful. Not as painful as yours but still hurt.

• Tarheelphil

4/5 spots currently Eagles and sitting pretry good after rostering Hill, Sanders, Warehouse, Chiefs D.

• mnstone14

any ideas on what matthews ownership will be tonight for the week 12 slate? Got a decent chance of making some real (to me, maybe $150) if he has a nice game. In 30th right now, and about 10-12 guys aheasd of me have one of the recievers from tonights game.

• billholler

@mnstone14 said...

any ideas on what matthews ownership will be tonight for the week 12 slate? Got a decent chance of making some real (to me, maybe $150) if he has a nice game. In 30th right now, and about 10-12 guys aheasd of me have one of the recievers from tonights game.

Add up the salary totals of the guys ahead of you. Should be able to tell who they are playing. Then play whoever you think will be the most contrarian WR.

On the 2 game slate, I changed all my lienups today and added Ty Montgomery because I think he will be low owned. I had none of Siemian last night and very little Hill. Have to try and make up ground somewhere.

• billholler

And to answer your question if you are referring to the 2 game slate on DK, I would say Mathews will be in the 30-35% range. If you are talking about a Thur-Mon slate, I can’t imagine he would be any higher than 3-5%.

• kpquick24

@billholler said...

Add up the salary totals of the guys ahead of you. Should be able to tell who they are playing. Then play whoever you think will be the most contrarian WR.

On the 2 game slate, I changed all my lienups today and added Ty Montgomery because I think he will be low owned. I had none of Siemian last night and very little Hill. Have to try and make up ground somewhere.

For those who didn’t have Hill, as long as you had Sanders, I think Matthews could be the guy to make up ground against Hill owners. I don’t think they will have as many lineups with Matthews and Hill, since they are both in similar price range. Some may have played Sanders, Thomas, and Hill. Of course they will try to fit in Nelson. Just need for Rodgers or Wentz to have a big game. If Simien owners were smart they played Broncos defense. In that case if you played Chiefs defense and Rodgers or Wentz as long as they hit at least mid 20s and up you’ll be fine.

• billholler

@kpquick24 said...

For those who didn’t have Hill, as long as you had Sanders, I think Matthews could be the guy to make up ground against Hill owners. I don’t think they will have as many lineups with Matthews and Hill, since they are both in similar price range. Some may have played Sanders, Thomas, and Hill. Of course they will try to fit in Nelson. Just need for Rodgers or Wentz to have a big game. If Simien owners were smart they played Broncos defense. In that case if you played Chiefs defense and Rodgers or Wentz as long as they hit at least mid 20s and up you’ll be fine.

Primetime Sunday Night Special on DK has 38 people tied for 1st that all played Siemian, Hill, Sanders/Thomas/Booker with Chiefs D. Even on a 2 game slate makes no sense to play 3 offensive players against the opposing defense but it works occasionally.

• Rolled

Need 17 points to win H2H. Opponent doesn’t have any spots left.
    I have Wentz and J. Matthews left but can switch Matthews to a Sproles or Smallwood or go A. Rodgers & C. Michael.

• CleverGroom

@tom12345 said...

Good job. Spot on analysis despite the fact that variance may have gotten the best of you/your wilson premise this time.

Dear Lord, did it ever. If anything, my sin there was not being high enough on the Bucs defense. As it is, BIF and I are two of the only people who seem to take them seriously.

A problem that I seem to be having is that I’m much better at predicting busts than hits. Maybe that’s what I should focus on writing up each week.

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

A problem that I seem to be having is that I’m much better at predicting busts than hits. Maybe that’s what I should focus on writing up each week.

I hear you. Mg3 killed me. I wanted a piece of the Saints and took Cooks. Took Palmer over Kaep due to “wind” reports. Lost every 50/50. Thanks to Russ Wilson too!

• kpquick24

@billholler said...

Primetime Sunday Night Special on DK has 38 people tied for 1st that all played Siemian, Hill, Sanders/Thomas/Booker with Chiefs D. Even on a 2 game slate makes no sense to play 3 offensive players against the opposing defense but it works occasionally.

Yeah, but it hasn’t worked out yet. Any of the running backs from tonight have a good chance of outscoring those that had Booker. There will be higher scoring receivers from tonights game than Thomas. They can’t have Matthews, Sproles, Nelson, Cobb, and Adams. If they pick one or two of them that have dud and some of the people lower down in the standings pick the others and they go off then, there is hope for those who didn’t play that combination.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).