1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 10.5 ) at Baltimore ( -10.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 11.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -11.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Miami ( 8.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -8.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) at Denver ( 3.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    8:20 PM EST : Green Bay ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 48.5

Monday, 11/26
    8:15 PM EST : Tennessee ( 6 ) at Houston ( -6 ) —- T: 41.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Bkbrlr said...

This week, I’m going back to my original line of thought and choosing players that I don’t necessarily feel 100% confident in, but hope for game script and potential to lead the way. My original players listed may or may not stay, but I need to get back to winning ways! Hey Hoods, save me a spot with bacon wrapped peppers.

With so much info just a click away,I think we’re all expert-potential. If you watch multiple pods, some “experts” are on certain players, some aren’t. Even on this thread, with it’s limited sample size, everybody is liked by somebody somewhere. Experts advice is just one of many boxes you should check b4 you decide. And just for the record, here In The Wood, we don’t have the same menu every Sunday. This week it’s one of my favs cause it’s Thanksgiving based. Turkey, stuffing and gravy INSIDE a freshly baked buttery muffin. Mrs Hood rolls her own…….. lol, mozzarella/leftover ham stuffed eggrolls. And a cholesterol pill.

• Bkbrlr

@Hoods From The Wood said...

With so much info just a click away,I think we’re all expert-potential. If you watch multiple pods, some “experts” are on certain players, some aren’t. Even on this thread, with it’s limited sample size, everybody is liked by somebody somewhere. Experts advice is just one of many boxes you should check b4 you decide. And just for the record, here In The Wood, we don’t have the same menu every Sunday. This week it’s one of my favs cause it’s Thanksgiving based. Turkey, stuffing and gravy INSIDE a freshly baked buttery muffin. Mrs Hood rolls her own…….. lol, mozzarella/leftover ham stuffed eggrolls. And a cholesterol pill.

Agreed. Everyone has at least 1-2 “core” plays that are locked sometimes without basis sometimes and I’m guilty of that too. The players you have highly ranked are different from me, ect. Sometimes, like this Thanksgiving day and Brees throwing TDs to unknown guys, a massive amount of luck (and balls) comes into play fading what seems to be a lock. My own personal bias is not playing any players from Dal, Cin, or Cle. It’s burned me multiple times. Whether we win or lose a week, we must evaluate how we won/lost and take note.

Damn, good food slate. Mine consists of pizza and hitting refresh on my phone. No football by me at all due to the Mrs. She does like it when I win though, haha.

• Bigmancmdjr85

mullens and brate hope they pay off and you can fit 6 studs in.

• Giez

@Bigmancmdjr85 said...

mullens and brate hope they pay off and you can fit 6 studs in.

Breida/Bourne too

• bluehaze013

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Man it’s a lot more fun disagreeing with you people here than Mrs Hood. If you were Steeler HC wouldn’t you limit his snaps? I know Tomlin won’t but I bet you would. I would. Maybe last year Pitt knew the “next man up” behind Bell was a quality RB so we can let Bell lead the league in carries and throw it to him 106 times and then let him walk, maybe not. But if he “breaks” Connors, I don’t think Ridley+Samuels= Connor’s production.

Its a road game though Roethlisberger’s been kinda bad on the road this year they might not be able to afford to limit his snaps for this game in particular. I do agree with you though Connor has been looking tired lately, dropping a lot of passes and just not the same beast we’ve been seeing prior. Some rest would probably do him good.

• Playtaw1n

I think it’s important to note in the Steelers game that they’ll be without Tuitt who’s been huge in them stopping the run the last few years. I could see Conner being slightly scripted out here.

I know everyone talks about bens road splits but I’m curious if there is any difference between his road starts at 1 and 4? Not going to be playing ben but I’ll have either juju or brown in most of my lineups.

• JsDrmn

Adams at 5.7
    Ekeler at 5.4
    Edwards at 5.3

(*On FD)

• queensfinest

marquise goodwin is downgraded to doubtful now. any wr worth playing on dk on san fran?

• brendanhorton

@queensfinest said...

marquise goodwin is downgraded to doubtful now. any wr worth playing on dk on san fran?

Bourne is a decent punt. I want all the Kittle and Breida, though.

• queensfinest

@brendanhorton said...

yea i had kittle and brieda locked in already and now i feel even better about it

• jhpog

Working through my player pool for the week. I think that while many flock to Moore on the heels of his big game vs the Lions and Funchess being out, I’m going to also look to the other side of that receiver group and put Samuel into mine. Seven targets last week, 15 over the last 3, more targets open up with Funchess out, and I think he has 5/100/1 potential at microscopic ownership. Any thoughts on this one?

• Simplebitz

Everyone always overlooks Kittle. Got my Mullens on with that beast.

• draggin49

Who went off last week that you think duds this week?

• mike42

@brendanhorton said...

One of the reasons I’m not high on this game is because Mullen’s is a bottom rung qb. A great play caller coupled with pristine matchups has masked that simple fact. I don’t think the guy who led his team to 23 at home in a cupcake matchup can do any better on the road in a cupcake matchup. And now DC’s have tape on the noodle armed QB. I know that some think Goodwin being out is a plus for Kittle and Breida but it isn’t because it’s a negative for SF’s O. All these new great OC’s talk about how important it is to have a field stretcher, Shanahan himself talked about how D’s play them different when Goodwin is in there. It makes it easier to stack the box and play tighter coverage.

I stand behind my prediction that this game disappoints. TB will play safer than we’ve seen them play and SF doesn’t have an explosive O even with Goodwin in there. Mullen’s has a sub par game because he’s a subpar QB with limited weapons and TB plays it closer to the vest so they can stop being the laughingstock of the league.

• Kamais_Ookin

Struggling to choose between Fournette, Breida and Chubb for my cash RB.

• Brian7479

@Playtaw1n said...

I don’t think the corners matter that much for Schwartz here. They were never the strength of the team. Fletcher cox and Michael Bennett are both pff’s #2 ranked at their positions behind Mack and donald.

I think Jernigan is really big here. Giants aren’t going to be able run and it’s another guy who can create interior pressure against one of the worst lines in football.

We agree that the eagles are going to make Swiss cheese of the giants defense right? Regardless if it’s wentz or Adams, the eagles are walking down the field all game. This forces giants to pass every play, more volume for sacks and turnovers. Points are essentially irrelevant in dk scoring, Eli is as likely to throw one the other way for a td as anyone on the slate. Too good a spot for 2400.

Why are you so sure that the Giants won’t be able to run the ball?

• Playtaw1n

@Brian7479 said...

Why are you so sure that the Giants won’t be able to run the ball?

Because they’re 30th in the league in adj line yards, going against one of the best run defending teams getting back one of their best run defenders.

The giants are going to have to abandon the run here, their defense is absolutely atrocious, I really don’t see a way this game plays out that doesn’t involve the eagles hanging at least 20 in the 1st half.

Lot of folks investing a lot in Eli Manning and the giants here in a divisional road game against a team with a good defensive line ….not something I could ever do

• mike42

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Struggling to choose between Fournette, Breida and Chubb for my cash RB.

Drop Fournette. I know the usage from prior games is appealing but that o-line is garbage, they are playing Vs a tough D on the road and they are in a prime letdown spot. Save the $$ too, think both the other guys outscore him.

• Simplebitz

@Playtaw1n said...

Because they’re 30th in the league in adj line yards, going against one of the best run defending teams getting back one of their best run defenders.

The giants are going to have to abandon the run here, their defense is absolutely atrocious, I really don’t see a way this game plays out that doesn’t involve the eagles hanging at least 20 in the 1st half.

The last time the Giants and Eagles faced each other Barkley went nutzzz. He’s a lock for me.

• Kamais_Ookin

@mike42 said...

Thanks. Yeah, he was my last choice. I feel like Breida is going to be really chalky with this game being the biggest o/u of the slate and the very favorable matchup, so it doesn’t hurt much if he doesn’t exceed expectations anyways. Just going to stick with him and not tinker.

• deeebo

is Nuk in play this week?

• Tgirl

Thinking mullins/kittle/barkley/Mack to start.. any thoughts?

• Playtaw1n

@deeebo said...

If the Monday game is on your slate, nuk is as good as any play on the board

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

Not sure. Is he? You tell us. Go research the DVOA. CB/WR matchups. Etc…

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

Tomlin has never shown the least bit of sensitivity to a rb’s workload. In fact, I can’t think of another coach who seems to care less about workloads. That’s why we love Pit backs, 25-30 carries and 5 plus receptions is always on the table.

With that said, I hate this spot for Pit, actually think Den D is in play for the sane reasons I liked Jax D last week. Talented, at home, extremely low priced and road Ben.

That come from behind emotional win in a physical game in sunny Fla is NOT a good setup to travel to the mountains and play in cold mountain high. Den has had success with Pit in Den too. I like AB more than Conner because I don’t anticipate game script would favor Conner in this game. Also, there are some teams who just tend to focus on stopping the run and I think that’s what Den does with Conner this game, tries to limit him even if it means leaving their cb’s on an island with AB more than most would. Den gives up big plays in the pass game and think the odds of AB getting at least 1 long TD are pretty high.

I’m with Mike on this. Is the idea that people want to bet on James Conner bouncing back after a disappointing performance last week? It just seems crazy to me.

It’s not like you’re being sneaky. Right now Gimino has Conner penciled in at RB2 for DK GPP ownership (RB1 on FD!), and I don’t even think the Steelers are a heavy favorite in this game. Vegas only has PIT at -3, despite what I’d assume is a heavy public preference for PIT over DEN in any circumstances. Doesn’t that seem odd, given that you have a 7-2-1 team coming off a 6-game winning streak visiting a team that’s looked lucky to crawl to 4-6?

What last week demonstrated is that under Fichtner, if the Steelers fall behind, they will abandon the run. Conner still got 9 targets, because the Steelers are good like that, but are you really going to be happy rostering

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).