1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4 ) at Chicago ( -4 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13 ) at LA Chargers ( -13 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -6.5 ) at Arizona ( 6.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Oakland ( -7.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( 4 ) at New Orleans ( -4 ) —- T: 48
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -4 ) at Seattle ( 4 ) —- T: 48

Monday, 12/4
    8:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -6.5 ) at Cincinnati ( 6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Messiah717

@bluebroker said...

I’ve talked about Damarious Randall DB several times in the past few weeks because he is a favorite target of the podcast sharps. I’ve been saying their wrong. This from PFF:

CB DAMARIOUS RANDALL, 85.1 OVERALL GRADE
    On a night where the Packers struggled to contain the Steelers stars, CB Damarious Randall did his job well in the secondary, allowing only two receptions on five targets while recording a pass break up and interception. If they could do it differently, perhaps Green Bay would have matched up Randall on Antonio Brown more often, as the Steelers receiver wasn’t targeted against him.

Will he be on Evans? I’ve been thinking DJ is the better play regardless as Evans seems to always disappoint when I play him.

• Messiah717

@TopDawgs07 said...

Silva on the Oak/NYG: “This is a much better matchup for Lynch against a Giants run defense that ranks 25th in DVOA and has surrendered a combined 77/362/4.70/1 rushing line to enemy running backs in its last three games. As a huge home favorite in a plus draw, Lynch is a quality RB2 play with RB1 upside.” At $4800, he sure sounds like a lock and load.

It’s a game where he should see thirty touches. No Crabtree or Cooper but there is something to keep in mind even with Geno Smith starting this week. With Shepard back the two best receivers on the field will be Giants in Shepard and Engram. The nightmare scenario would be the Giants jumping out to a 14-0 lead. I’ll have him in lineups but I’ll hedge in others with Lewis.

• schoony82

@Messiah717 said...

It’s a game where he should see thirty touches. No Crabtree or Cooper but there is something to keep in mind even with Geno Smith starting this week. With Shepard back the two best receivers on the field will be Giants in Shepard and Engram. The nightmare scenario would be the Giants jumping out to a 14-0 lead.

A completely necessary concern. Though I doubt it happens, hopefully….Raiders are fighting for a playoff spot and the Gmen have been the joke of the NFL the entire week. I say the Raiders come out strong at home

• Messiah717

Speaking of the Giants vs Raiders. Anyone like Cordarrelle Patterson at only $3400?

• GoldStandard000

Doctson TD!!! Just moved up 3000 spots, Keep it coming Skins!

• deactivated204643

@Messiah717 said...

Will he be on Evans? I’ve been thinking DJ is the better play regardless as Evans seems to always disappoint when I play him.

You never know what Capers will do but I doubt he’d see a lot of him. I’m inclined to believe House will see the most of Evans. I want to be clear, I don’t think House is a great CB but he’s not horrible. House is 6’ 188lbs so he matches up alright. It’s the smaller speed/quick wr who give him trouble. I know everyone loves Evans and his price but I’ll definitely be underweight if not a full fade. I don’t play Evans often anyway, he’s been too inconsistent, like his QB’s. I question whether Winston is the man. That “eating my fingers” bit was embarrassing to say the least. Coming off a three (?) week injury I can’t come up with any reasons to believe he’ll be better than he was before he went out. I don’t think Hundley will make my cut. I think he’s improving but he still had his struggles last week. If he’s going to be chalk I think I’d rather fade.

Edit: I’m beginning to wonder if Capers would put Randall on DJax. I’ll be looking into that but I doubt there will be any concrete information as it’s gameplan stuff. It’s entirely possible Morgan Burnett could cover the slot on some plays while Randall moves outside on DJax. Burnett has played the slot a fair amount this year and Randall has a lot of experience outside but was moved to the slot this year.

C’mon BIF! I know you think Evans will crush, lol. It won’t hurt my feelings.

Last edit: Randall limited today w/knee injury. King dnp shoulder. If they both miss I take back all the bad things I said about TB.

• chatmar

They should have left Morris in!

• deactivated204643

With all the distracting NFL stories this year, I was happy to read this one. Yes, it’s about Aaron Rodgers, but if you haven’t read it you might find it worthwhile.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2017/11/29/mom-son-bears-fans-ran-into-aaron-rodgers-chicago-and-just-beginning/899706001/

• mnstone14

@bluebroker said...

I’ve talked about Damarious Randall DB several times in the past few weeks because he is a favorite target of the podcast sharps. I’ve been saying their wrong. This from PFF:

CB DAMARIOUS RANDALL, 85.1 OVERALL GRADE
    On a night where the Packers struggled to contain the Steelers stars, CB Damarious Randall did his job well in the secondary, allowing only two receptions on five targets while recording a pass break up and interception. If they could do it differently, perhaps Green Bay would have matched up Randall on Antonio Brown more often, as the Steelers receiver wasn’t targeted against him.

are you using one game samples as some kind of definitive proof?

GBs pass defense is pretty horrid. Jones, tate, brown, ted ginn!, inman, thielen all put up really nice games against them. Bottom 1/3 in dvoa against the pass despite playing a pretty soft schedule in that regard. very likely someone goes for 100 against gb.

• deactivated204643

@mnstone14 said...

are you using one game samples as some kind of definitive proof?

GBs pass defense is pretty horrid. Jones, tate, brown, ted ginn!, inman, thielen all put up really nice games against them. Bottom 1/3 in dvoa against the pass despite playing a pretty soft schedule in that regard. very likely someone goes for 100 against gb.

Yeah, one game samples that’s what I use. Apologies for the sarcasm. Are you asking my methods of research?

I watch every game, every week, every team. I read as many beat writers as possible, follow the appropriate people on Twitter, subscribe to 4 for 4 and PFF. I don’t have a way to separate a defensive players metrics over a chosen span of games. If you do, look up Randall’s rating since the Dallas game. I don’t want to regurgitate others posts for this one answer but it’s GB lack of pass rush that’s killing them. As to the players you mentioned, notice anything they have in common? Answer; a good QB. At this point in this season I don’t think Winston is a good QB, it’s pretty simple. He’ll be missing two starters on the OL. Evans is not Julio and he’s certainly not AB.

Of course someone could go over 100. I don’t fade players because I dislike them personally. It’s about where we see value. I was pretty clear I don’t play Evans much as it is. He’s often inefficient.

• xpac21

@bluebroker said...

Yeah, one game samples that’s what I use. Apologies for the sarcasm. Are you asking my methods of research?

I watch every game, every week, every team. I read as many beat writers as possible, follow the appropriate people on Twitter, subscribe to 4 for 4 and PFF. I don’t have a way to separate a defensive players metrics over a chosen span of games. If you do, look up Randall’s rating since the Dallas game. I don’t want to regurgitate others posts for this one answer but it’s GB lack of pass rush that’s killing them. As to the players you mentioned, notice anything they have in common? Answer; a good QB. At this point in this season I don’t think Winston is a good QB, it’s pretty simple. He’ll be missing two starters on the OL. Evans is not Julio and he’s certainly not AB.

except inman

• 33BeRad

Trufant may be out, didn’t clear concussion protocol. Better for Diggs, right?

• deactivated204643

So there’s no confusion I’m not saying Evans will bust but there are players I prefer to him. GB will still want to run the ball 25+ times if they can get away with it. This could be a slow paced game. GB/PIT went shootout, I’m not convinced (yet) this one will.

Edit: I still think DJax $4700 is the play between them especially if he ends up against Josh Hawkins if King misses the game. If he does play he’ll be in/out of the lu with his shoulder problem. If DJax ends up with House he could beat him long.

• deactivated204643

@33BeRad said...

Trufant may be out, didn’t clear concussion protocol. Better for Diggs, right?

Yes, you’d think. I was already planning to use Diggs as a low owned pivot from Thielen. Trufant is good but can be had. I hope this doesn’t up Diggs ownership too much.

• spx333

• x2

2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@mike42 said...

How the hell did NBC not flex themselves out of OAK/DAL for a sunday night game? Plenty of warning it was going to be a dud.

jerry was allowed to keep that game on an island in return for dropping the lawsuit vs goodell

• Kamais_Ookin

That cowboys game was shocking. My confidence going into sunday is shot now I’m reminded of how horrid the product is.

• Brian7479

Now that a lot of people are liking Marshawn and hating the giants offense Geno Smith will have a line of 300/2 and 55/1 and the giants will jump out to a 17-0 lead and DeAndre Washington will enter and have another 10 target game with 8 catches, 85 yards and 2 tds and we’ll all be sitting here like

• bdub85

@Kamais_Ookin said...

That cowboys game was shocking. My confidence going into sunday is shot now I’m reminded of how horrid the product is.

The NFL is not good right now. I still love football, but there are a lot of bad games every week in the NFL.

• Pdirty25

Cook vs Bills or Evans vs Packers. Which one for cash. Have Nuk and Adams

• Messiah717

@bluebroker said...

So there’s no confusion I’m not saying Evans will bust but there are players I prefer to him. GB will still want to run the ball 25+ times if they can get away with it. This could be a slow paced game. GB/PIT went shootout, I’m not convinced (yet) this one will.

Edit: I still think DJax $4700 is the play between them especially if he ends up against Josh Hawkins if King misses the game. If he does play he’ll be in/out of the lu with his shoulder problem. If DJax ends up with House he could beat him long.

I’ll probably still have to get Evans into a lineup but as usual he will probably disappoint me.

• Messiah717

@Pdirty25 said...

Cook vs Bills or Evans vs Packers. Which one for cash. Have Nuk and Adams

When in doubt bank on Tom Brady.

• thenefariousone

Can anyone here provide some info for me about J. Garoppolo? What are his strengths? Is he a “check down, back out of the backfield” guy? Or is he a slinger, deep ball type passer? Cerebral, pick apart a zone type QB? I usually spend down at QB, but really don’t know much about him. Basically, if I spend some money on him, looking for who would the best stack..

• KindGuy

@thenefariousone said...

Can anyone here provide some info for me about J. Garoppolo? What are his strengths? Is he a “check down, back out of the backfield” guy? Or is he a slinger, deep ball type passer? Cerebral, pick apart a zone type QB? I usually spend down at QB, but really don’t know much about him. Basically, if I spend some money on him, looking for who would the best stack..

I was watching The Herd With Colin Cowherd yesterday afternoon and he had Bucky Brooks on the show. He asked Brooks what his thoughts on Jimmy G were and Brooks seemed pretty bullish on him. He said that while Jimmy G doesn’t belong have a cannon for an arm, he’s very good in short to intermediate passing game. Brooks said he thinks Jimmy G will be a good fit for Shanahans offense.

• WrathofKhaaan

@Messiah717 said...

It’s a game where he should see thirty touches. No Crabtree or Cooper but there is something to keep in mind even with Geno Smith starting this week. With Shepard back the two best receivers on the field will be Giants in Shepard and Engram. The nightmare scenario would be the Giants jumping out to a 14-0 lead. I’ll have him in lineups but I’ll hedge in others with Lewis.

They will most likely still run him even if trailing, they still used him when trailing the Pats. Not many other options, he is their most reliable weapon.

• WrathofKhaaan

For the next Primetime slate my plan is to max enter one of the smaller GPP’s. With 150 unique lineups on a 2-game slate I am bound to hit enough to turn a profit.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).