1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( -3.5 ) at Jacksonville ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( -2.5 ) at Atlanta ( 2.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -15.5 ) at Oakland ( 15.5 ) —- T: 55.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 6.5 ) at New England ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 10 ) at Seattle ( -10 ) —- T: 46
    8:20 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 52.5

Monday, 12/3
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -6.5 ) —- T: 44

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• draggin49

Lol , maybe we get trolled and they hardly run the ball and maholmes has like 6 or 7 tds .

Is this the week to jump off the Barkley train? Or is this a spot to stay on board since some will fade him since bears dst has been one of the best all year .
    They are not invincible, Blount who is NOWHERE near Saquons ability went for 88 yds and 2 tds. Barkley’s involvement is so heavy in giants offense he is always a tough fade

• Simplebitz

@ContrarianThinker said...

And it looks like Hunt pushed his friend who’s momentum caused him to run into the girl, subsequently making her bang her head against the wall.

Yeah and if that guy wasn’t in the way of Hunt what would’ve happened to the girl??? Would’ve been a nice tap, right?? He needed like two people to hold him back from attacking a 19 year old! You’re delusional

• BIF

@33BeRad said...

Clever and Mike both touched on it but didn’t quite say what I was thinking. Atlanta def is in play this week. Lamar in his first road start against a team that needs to win to even stay alive. They won’t get negative points for Lamar rushing for 100yds on them. But with a fast LB who can shadow the QB, Lamar may be forced to throw when he isn’t quite ready to or could take an extra sack or 2 trying to outrun him. I really like Atlanta to win this game by 10points. Ryan/Julio/Hooper stacks

Atlanta in reality has nothing to play for – at 4-7 they are all but mathematically done ! The best they can finish is 9-7 which won’t be enough with Seattle, Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, Philly and GB all ahead of them right now. Falcons also already lost to Philly so they’d lose that tie breaker as well.

Atlanta also plays 3 of their last 5 on the road including games at GB and Carolina.

Other than being at home, they have nothing to play for as running the table and finishing 9-7 is still gonna have them be 0.5 or 1 win short a Wild Card.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

They were saying that one of the girls wanted to shack up with one of Kareem’s friends and they declined. Then the two girls sat there calling them racial slurs. That’s what led up to the fight. The building where this happened is literally down the street from where I live and I know a bunch of people that either stayed there, lives there, or works there and they told me what happened. The Metropolitan building is known for floozies going up in there because there are a lot of athletes and celebrities either staying the night there or have apartments up in there trying to hit on them or their friends. This is why so many of them are moving out of that building because of it. This is the same building Kevin Love, LeBron James, and Terry Francona stay at. It has a reputation in that area. Security needs to do a better job keeping groupies out of there so this doesn’t happen.

• Kamais_Ookin

@draggin49 said...

Lol , maybe we get trolled and they hardly run the ball and maholmes has like 6 or 7 tds .

Is this the week to jump off the Barkley train? Or is this a spot to stay on board since some will fade him since bears dst has been one of the best all year .
    They are not invincible, Blount who is NOWHERE near Saquons ability went for 88 yds and 2 tds. Barkley’s involvement is so heavy in giants offense he is always a tough fade

Bears defense had like sub 3 days rest for that game which had a big impact. Blount fresh legs since Kerryon was manning the ship up to that point. I could see garbage time points for Barkley but I see time of possession being dominated by bears with Howard/Cohen spams and moving the chains with their QB. Lots of 3 and outs for giants or picks etc.

• draggin49

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Bears defense had like sub 3 days rest for that game which had a big impact. Blount fresh legs since Kerryon was manning the ship up to that point. I could see garbage time points for Barkley but I see time of possession being dominated by bears with Howard/Cohen spams and moving the chains with their QB. Lots of 3 and outs for giants or picks etc.

Yeah I’m thinking just plug in CMC , his matchup is WAY better than Barkley’s

• BIF

With respect to the Bears-Giants game; I can easily see a path where playing a negative correlation play like one of these pays off:

OBJ-Bears D or Saquon-Bears D

It’s not like anyone is playing the Bears D for a shutout or a 7 points allowed game; you play the Bears D for sacks and pick 6’s which are both very much in play against Eli BUT the Giants’ offense has been much better of late and are going to have to try to feed someone (playing from behind) and either OBJ or Saquon are getting 10 targets. The Bears D is good but it’s not the ’85 Bears scoring defense and opposing teams have scored on them this year.

• 49noobers

Season long fantasy question. 12 team standard yahoo league at work. Week 13 is last round of match ups before playoffs in week 14. I am sitting in last playoff spot, number six and I have scored highest points through week 12, 1310. I just had very bad schedule of match ups. My league rewards player with highest points after week 13 around $500. I have two teams behind me by 10 and 15 points. I have Kamara who only gave 7.4 points this week. I have mahomes, digs, Gordon, Lockett, shady, ebron, tucker and bears D. I also picked up Miami D. I am confused if I roll with season long bear D or steam Miami D. It’s a $500 question. I am leaning towards Miami D as I think Eli and giants thrash bears. Don’t know. I have kirk, Reynolds, K Johnson and Alex collins on bench. Should I play any of em over my starters?

• mike42

Yea, I stopped listening/respecting him after he deleted his tweet saying Deshaun Watson doesn’t “possess NFL skill” after like one game.

Sane thing everyone says about almost every qb after 1 game or even a year. Russ loooked like ass early, Goff, Watson, Trubisky got roasted too and I’m pretty sure he should be leading a top 5ish O by next yr and keeps landing on the milly maker this yr. People think that figuring out that a qb doesn’t look right after a brief period of time makes them smart when it’s figuring out that you can’t figure out anything after a few games is the first thing you need to figure out to every be smart about a young qb’s prospects.

I listen to everyone’s picks because we all have good and bad picks and I want to know what the masses are thinking, but Silva isn’t any better at making picks or projecting game scripts Or assessing talent than most.

• Brian7479

Or a cop. I hope?

I’m as anti cop as you can get

• draggin49

Not a fan of kelce’s price on dk but he is a tougher fade it seems like with no Hunt or Watkins . You’d think he gets peppered with targets .

• odanny

Russell Wilson hit the big 3-0 just the other day, and his former teammate, and former pain in his ass Richard Sherman is returning to Seattle this weekend. There is a definite narrative here, but unless SF can manage a few quick scores, the impetus for Wilson to throw for TD’s probably won’t be there, and this is a ground and pound day.

• damionismyname

I predict, Chase Daniels will pass for 298 yards and 4 touchdowns….. that is all…

• mike42

@BIF said...

With respect to the Bears-Giants game; I can easily see a path where playing a negative correlation play like one of these pays off:

OBJ-Bears D or Saquon-Bears D

It’s not like anyone is playing the Bears D for a shutout or a 7 points allowed game; you play the Bears D for sacks and pick 6’s which are both very much in play against Eli BUT the Giants’ offense has been much better of late and are going to have to try to feed someone (playing from behind) and either OBJ or Saquon are getting 10 targets. The Bears D is good but it’s not the ’85 Bears scoring defense and opposing teams have scored on them this year.

So most Bears fans are genuinely nervous about this game and that including me until today. Nagy has this “earmuffs and blinders” saying that he repeats all the time to the players and it feels like they have bought in. Focus on the next game or play and each other, nothing else. Just heard a player tell a story about that today and realized that I seriously doubt they are looking ahead or satisfied. Besides, the Giants are in a letdown spot after blowing a division game do my best guess is they actually show up flat in a bad spot to do so.

I agree with you that NY has gotten better, they put up 350yds vs Philly in the first half last week and I doubt they could have done that 2 months ago. I’m not as high on saqoun as most because I don’t think he has the same ceiling as he would Vs 30 other NFL teams even though that’s what we are trained to think. I also think many will put too much credence in Blount’s numbers and not realize it had more to do with the Bears playing on 96 hours of rest than anything else. I do agree OBJ is a good GPP play because the Bears don’t just shut you down like the 85 version but I still question the ceiling. Fangio won’t let him keep burning us even if he did so early.

The big question is does the Bears D come to play with the A version of itself or something significantly less. You never want to roster anyone playing against a great D if you feel that D will show up, especially with high price tags on a 13 game slate. But if they letdown, those are the type of plays that are always low owned and win you GPP’s.

I think the Bears and especially their D show up for this one which would make OBJ’s and Saqoun’s ceilings something short of must haves, which is all I care about on a week like this where everyone will have 3 studs in their LU.
    I’m still going to have some Howard and probably a lot of the bears D as long as Hicks plays, but nothing else from eith side of this game.

I’m with you on Car winning easily btw. I got Car 3 today and took it before it moved back to 3 30 mins later. Just the better team and they only lost Vs Sea because Russ did Russ things. In this game you are hoping Jameis doesn’t do jameis things and even then, Car could still cover a fg.

• mike42

@damionismyname said...

I predict, Chase Daniels will pass for 298 yards and 4 touchdowns….. that is all…

Not going to happen. Bears D and RB’s game.

• CleverGroom

@33BeRad said...

Clever and Mike both touched on it but didn’t quite say what I was thinking. Atlanta def is in play this week. Lamar in his first road start against a team that needs to win to even stay alive. They won’t get negative points for Lamar rushing for 100yds on them. But with a fast LB who can shadow the QB, Lamar may be forced to throw when he isn’t quite ready to or could take an extra sack or 2 trying to outrun him. I really like Atlanta to win this game by 10points. Ryan/Julio/Hooper stacks

I had the same initial thought but I immediately rejected it. ATL has been that bad that I can’t really consider playing their D.

Honestly, what offense will Baltimore run? I can’t tell you. They could literally have Lamar Jackson run 25 times, or they could pass 50 times. Huge difference between those two in terms of the fantasy return you can expect from the DST.

Either way, I do see the outcome of the game differently from you. I still respect the BAL DST, I respect Harbaugh, and ATL’s season is essentially over no matter what happens this week. I think BAL wins the game.

• mike42

@draggin49 said...

Not a fan of kelce’s price on dk but he is a tougher fade it seems like with no Hunt or Watkins . You’d think he gets peppered with targets .

Have you noticed any predictive variables for who gets the tgts and TD’s on KC?

I have not. Oak sucks Vs everything and I think one of the things that makes Reid a great playcaller is nobody knows what’s coming, including us.

• lotusbomb

arguments to fade ware

-hunt is a bellcow, got almost all the rushes and was involved in passing downs. there were still games this year where he scored less than 15 go up to 20 and you can add more games to that list.

-ware is primarily a pass catching 3rd down back. kc already doesn’t run a lot, hunt has only one game with over 20 rush attempts this year. unlikely that ware takes on the bulk of the rushing attempts and mahomes rarely checks down.

-statement game from andy reid “we don’t have hunt anymore, so what” mahomes and his pass catchers tear Oakland a new one.ware doesn’t get any or doesn’t convert any of his redzone touches .

-this will be a blowout. Ware is not going to be the guy out there in the late 3rd and on quarter running to run clock

• mike42

@DaBum2012 said...

They were saying that one of the girls wanted to shack up with one of Kareem’s friends and they declined. Then the two girls sat there calling them racial slurs. That’s what led up to the fight. The building where this happened is literally down the street from where I live and I know a bunch of people that either stayed there, lives there, or works there and they told me what happened. The Metropolitan building is known for floozies going up in there because there are a lot of athletes and celebrities either staying the night there or have apartments up in there trying to hit on them or their friends. This is why so many of them are moving out of that building because of it. This is the same building Kevin Love, LeBron James, and Terry Francona stay at. It has a reputation in that area. Security needs to do a better job keeping groupies out of there so this doesn’t happen.

The athletes stay there because of the groupies(hot young girls). I don’t want to shock your young virgin ears but, Hunt went there so he could sleep with a “groupie.” I know that statement sounds judgmental but in all likelihood, it’s a pretty accurate reflection of the truth.

• draggin49

Can anyone give me some insight on Conley ? We know Watkins is out , so I’d assume Conley sees some more targets . He will still likely be the 3rd option in the passing game but when you have maholmes throwing the ball I could see how he makes almost any pass catcher more productive

• mike42

@BIF said...

Atlanta in reality has nothing to play for – at 4-7 they are all but mathematically done ! The best they can finish is 9-7 which won’t be enough with Seattle, Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, Philly and GB all ahead of them right now. Falcons also already lost to Philly so they’d lose that tie breaker as well.

Atlanta also plays 3 of their last 5 on the road including games at GB and Carolina.

Other than being at home, they have nothing to play for as running the table and finishing 9-7 is still gonna have them be 0.5 or 1 win short a Wild Card.

BIF, you think when you watch this game you are going to notice that Atl has nothing to play for? Sometimes that helps just like sometimes a team that has everything to play for plays poorly.
    Idk if that will be the case this game, but I like the matchups for atl on both sides of the ball. Really think Balt’s D isn’t made for the fast track.

If I were going cheap at D, I’d just go to Minny. They match up extremely well Vs NE and are also extremely talented.

• CleverGroom

@odanny said...

Russell Wilson hit the big 3-0 just the other day, and his former teammate, and former pain in his ass Richard Sherman is returning to Seattle this weekend. There is a definite narrative here, but unless SF can manage a few quick scores, the impetus for Wilson to throw for TD’s probably won’t be there, and this is a ground and pound day.

It is true that the Russ vs. Sherm thing is a legit beef. Tyler Lockett is probably the best bet to exploit that narrative, but I’d still worry that his target volume overall is a poor fit for his salary. Russ’s volume is dubious too. I agree that it’s a thin spot to target, given the OC and the game script.

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

I have not. Oak sucks Vs everything and I think one of the things that makes Reid a great playcaller is nobody knows what’s coming, including us.

I really do feel a fat guy TD coming.

Nothing we can do but roster Mahomes and wait for the mayhem to begin.

• OSU_Bucknut

@mike42 said...

One of the few constants, is that OAK is turrible against TE’s. With Hunt gone and Watkins out, I think Kelce is a lock

• mike42

I just saw the video and it REALLY isn’t as bad as people are making it seem. That “kick” was like a tap. People are making it seem like he busted out a karate move. And it looks like Hunt pushed his friend who’s momentum caused him to run into the girl, subsequently making her bang her head against the wall. Nothing he did is okay, but it’s been grossly exaggerated. TMZ used the world “brutalized” to describe the incident. Cmon.

Are you saying TMZ sensationalized the incident for its own personal gain? I find that hard to believe.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).