1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1 ) at Pittsburgh ( 1 ) —- T: 40
    1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 4.5 ) at Baltimore ( -4.5 ) —- T: 46
    4:05 PM EST : LA Rams ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 10 ) at Kansas City ( -10 ) —- T: 54.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -1 ) at Denver ( 1 ) —- T: 38.5
    8:20 PM EST : New England ( -3.5 ) at Houston ( 3.5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 12/2
    8:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Seattle ( -3 ) —- T: 48.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BIF

@carney259 said...

Yeah… that felt like the bad beat of all bad beats. I thought the sweat was over when OAK scores and I’m up by 3+ points. What are the chances the PAT not only gets blocked, but gets run all the way back? 1 in 1000?

I had a good day so things could be worse but wow. Congrats to the two who split the milly…

That was a bad beat dude – saw you in a couple other contests so still congrats on the good day

• whodat2

@carney259 said...

Yeah… that felt like the bad beat of all bad beats. I thought the sweat was over when OAK scores and I’m up by 3+ points. What are the chances the PAT not only gets blocked, but gets run all the way back? 1 in 1000?

I had a good day so things could be worse but wow. Congrats to the two who split the milly…

So that cost YOU the Milly?

• Supanice

@carney259 said...

I’m not sure I would ever recover from that. Condolences.

• whodat2

I think Watson just did the Dirty Sanchez.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

Yah he lost the Milly because of the Blocked XP and run back for 2 points

He was a couple points behind and Oak scored to put him in front then the CP block and run back have the Chiefs D 4 more points on that play as they get 2 for the block and 2 for the “2 pointer” so basically Oakland scoring meant nothing as the chiefs D regained the points they lost by getting scored on. Brutal beat and what made it worse was that 2 guys shared the Milly and both re-passed him.

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

@whodat2 said...

Yup… that play took me down $960,000 from $1M to $40k. I wasn’t watching it live and when I first saw the score change on the app, I thought KC recieved the kickoff for a touchback and it was a scoring glitch that mistakenly awarded a safety. If only.

Back in my first ever 5-figure cash in DFS, I went from $10k to $20k by benefitting from a QB kneel down to end the game by the guy’s QB who was in first. So I would call it even, but…

• 49noobers

@carney259 said...

Yup… that play took me down $940,000 from $1M to $40k. I wasn’t watching it live and when I first saw the score change on the app, I thought KC recieved the kickoff for a touchback and it was a scoring glitch that mistakenly awarded a safety. If only.

Back in my first ever 5-figure cash in DFS, I went from $10k to $20k by benefitting from a QB kneel down to end the game by the guy’s QB who was in first. So I would call it even, but…

Wow, I am so sorry for you dude. you will get it back one day. For average players like me, even to be at the top of DK MM for few minutes would be like best achievement of DFS career.

• whodat2

That’s the only time I could imagine being upset at getting handed a check for 40k. What a bad beat….. but still a good payday for you.

You’ve got sunshine………

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

@whodat2 said...

That’s the only time I could imagine being upset at getting handed a check for 40k. What a bad beat….. but still a good payday for you.

You’ve got sunshine………

Thanks man. Yeah, part of me feels like a jerk complaining about a $40k payday! Haha.

But yeah, it’s the kind of thing where it’s hard to say, oh well, I’ll go get ‘em next week

• odanny

@carney259 said...

Thanks man. Yeah, part of me feels like a jerk complaining about a $40k payday! Haha.

But yeah, it’s the kind of thing where it’s hard to say, oh well, I’ll go get ‘em next week

You can complain all day long in here and everyone would support you. That was brutal.

• Jpitten

I blame it on d Henry’s fumble……..

• theIrrigator

@carney259 said...

With a bad beat and payday swing of that magnitude you could of came in here, cussed all of us out and posted the biggest tilt post in the history of RG and I would of gave it a thumbs up lol

• Steverino01

@carney259 said...

Congrats man! 40k is awesome, but yea I understand where you are coming from. A million is life changing, but hey, when you woke up this morning if someone told you that you could win 40k, I bet you would’ve taken it in a heartbeat.

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

@Jpitten said...

I blame it on d Henry’s fumble……..

Yup… that’s DFS. If I’d have held on and won, second place probably could have found a lucky bounce in a game somewhere that went my way too and cost him life changing money. But dude, when you open your app and live winnings are showing in the seven figures with a routine extra point to go, it’s brutal. I was up by a fraction of a point even before the OAK TD. The sweat was just hoping for no sack and no turnover on that last OAK possession. And of course they score the bonus TD I didn’t even need and give me a cushion of 3+ points only to shit the bed on the PAT and give back 4 points. Totally would have taken $40k when I woke up this morning, though.

• Jpopp221

Came in 16th in the $27 100K Blind side, for $275 my one switch last minute from Parker/ J Williams to Fournette/Tate cost me $3100 :(

• Skee

Isn’t something about that return rule fairly recent too? Like you used to not be able to score or you had to strip the holder before it was kicked or something.

• BIF

@Skee said...

Isn’t something about that return rule fairly recent too? Like you used to not be able to score or you had to strip the holder before it was kicked or something.

Until a couple years ago, a blocked XP could not be returned for points – rule has only been around like 3-4 years.

Edit – looks like the rule changed (and 2pt return introduced) for the 2015 season when they moved the extra point kick attempt back to be snapped from the 15 yard line.

• damionismyname

@carney259 said...

Yup… that’s DFS. If I’d have held on and won, second place probably could have found a lucky bounce in a game somewhere that went my way too and cost him life changing money. But dude, when you open your app and live winnings are showing in the seven figures with a routine extra point to go, it’s brutal. I was up by a fraction of a point even before the OAK TD. The sweat was just hoping for no sack and no turnover on that last OAK possession. And of course they score the bonus TD I didn’t even need and give me a cushion of 3+ points only to shit the bed on the PAT and give back 4 points. Totally would have taken $40k when I woke up this morning, though.

are you Chris Randone? just heard that guy talking about it on awesomo early bird…

• 808state

@damionismyname said...

carney259

looks like he got beat in a different contest. it’s on his twitter. he was going to win the 500k power sweep

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@carney259 said...

I saw Dan B tweet about it last night and it was a huge discussion in our household. Wife and I both saying how sick I’d be if I went from life changing money to just 40k.

I must say, you are handling it like a champ.

• Bnett2210

@bhdevault said...

I saw Dan B tweet about it last night and it was a huge discussion in our household. Wife and I both saying how sick I’d be if I went from life changing money to just 40k.

I must say, you are handling it like a champ.

Definitely handling it like a champ. I left a lot of money on the table by not making sure all my lineups were in the GPP’s I was in and the 1 I forgot about went of for 220 in a 5$ DU lol, it was a decent day but just entering that one into most of the single entry GPP I was in and some others, it would have been a lot better day forsure. That’s what happens when you get busy and tell yourself no more last minute tinkering so you leave it all alone lol.

• ghost3490

@Bnett2210 said...

Definitely handling it like a champ. I left a lot of money on the table by not making sure all my lineups were in the GPP’s I was in and the 1 I forgot about went of for 220 in a 5$ DU lol, it was a decent day but just entering that one into most of the single entry GPP I was in and some others, it would have been a lot better day forsure. That’s what happens when you get busy and tell yourself no more last minute tinkering so you leave it all alone lol.

Last minute tinkering moved me from Wentz and Woods to Darnold Crowder 49 point swing.

• bigez952

That’s why I don’t play the Milly Maker since all of the money goes to 1st place. 1 or 2 points shouldn’t be a $960,000 difference but having that contest be a lottery is the only way to pay out 1 million to first. It is near impossible to be profitable long term in that contest without a top 10 finish which isn’t easy with 150,000 entries every week.

• Bnett2210

@ghost3490 said...

Last minute tinkering moved me from Wentz and Woods to Darnold Crowder 49 point swing.

Yeop, sometimes you’re damned if you do and sometimes damned if you don’t. It’s just DFS and life in general and it has a way to make you laugh at your own misery. That was one of the only lineups I had Jon Williams in too, if anyone with a pulse would have been in that one then it been close to the nuts. Oh well, back to the drawing board again to try and finish strong in the last few weeks.

• biga0787

@carney259 said...

It sure on forum rules, awesomo podcast was taking about you this morning. Said they would like to have you on the show. Just FYI

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).