4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( -1 ) at Denver ( 1 ) —- T: 40.5
    4:00 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at Jacksonville ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 46
    4:05 PM EST : Tennessee ( -3 ) at Arizona ( 3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at LA Rams ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at Pittsburgh ( 0 ) —- T: —

Monday, 12/11
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( -11 ) at Miami ( 11 ) —- T: 47.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Stewartcr

@JDMcNugent said...

Thoughts on Bernard on DK for $3100 If Mixon sits?

I like him. He’s got some explosion behind his runs and could do a lot of work if Mixon is out. However, I think he could become mega chalky for his low salary and that hurts him in GPP settings and could always end up busting.

• GoldStandard000

I considered going up to Kamara on Mon-Thurs slate, but I felt too strong about Freeman, so I left my lineup as is. Close call

• BIF

@Falconsfly said...

Thanks guys

Hopefully you played Thomas as I suggested…..

• BIF

Kamara injury took about 3 plays longer than when I lost Freeman the same way 4 weeks ago and he finished with 0.3 points.

…..and that’s why we should never go 100% on anyone in NFL because you are only 1 play away from being put in the Quiet Room.

• BIF

That pick was on Ryan – either try to run it or throw it away. A field goal makes it a 4pt game.
    Dumb Dumb Dumb play Matty.

• Kamais_Ookin

I faded saints rbs in my th-m full slate single entry. surging.

• theghostofveebs

fooling around building a model….lazy question….link to free table showing every players weekly stats so I can compute average and std dev scoring?

• GTRandy27

@Stewartcr said...

I like him. He’s got some explosion behind his runs and could do a lot of work if Mixon is out. However, I think he could become mega chalky for his low salary and that hurts him in GPP settings and could always end up busting.

It’s definitely always a possibility, but I’d be 100% Bernard if mixon is out (in ppr formats.) Only way I can see him busting is if he sets up poor lineup construction for the week, which also doesn’t look likely

• 33BeRad

I had a thought a little bit ago. Let me know if I am way off or on to something. Last week people were wondering whether or not to play Jimmy G, and who to pair him with. It was all a question about how he would do. Well he did well in his first game with the 9ers. Can’t take that away from him. But, and here was my thought, the Bears had no tape on him with the 9ers. They may not have been able to prep properly. Maybe they prepped based off of how CJ played(which would be a lot of dump offs to Hyde). Now, Houston has a tape to prep off of. Now, Houston’s def is bad with all their injuries. I think Cushing is coming back this week for what that is worth. But maybe Jimmy G isn’t as good as he looked last week. Not saying he’ll be bad. But I am going to temper any expectations, especially on the 2nd leg of back to back road games after a pretty big win. I might throw in a Miller/Hou def lineup, don’t love any def anyway. You know def is a rough week when the Bills are one of your top options. LOL!

• GoldStandard000

Got as high as 70th in the $30K Mon-Thurs Snap on Fanduel. Finished 369th for $10. Sucks a bit, but that was my best gpp finish for NFL this season. NFL gpps haven’t treated me well this year.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

What the heck were the Saints thinking there at the end? Should have run the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs, kill the clock, and tie the game if you don’t score. Payton is usually sharp, but he was a friggin idiot tonight…

• deactivated204643

@GoldStandard000 said...

Got as high as 70th in the $30K Mon-Thurs Snap on Fanduel. Finished 369th for $10. Sucks a bit, but that was my best gpp finish for NFL this season. NFL gpps haven’t treated me well this year.

Good for you. Even small wins help build confidence. Think of it as a stepping stone.

• Jokey401

Don’t go bragging becAuse you faded Kamara tonight, as if that was the smart play. Dude got his bell rung on the 1st drive after scorIng 5.5 pts.

• Kamais_Ookin

I regret not entering more th-m contests and fading the saints backs, they were very highly owned. Especially Kamara. I should be able to destroy most people in my lone entry.

• GoldStandard000

@Jokey401 said...

Don’t go bragging becAuse you faded Kamara tonight, as if that was the smart play. Dude got his bell rung on the 1st drive after scorIng 5.5 pts.

Definitely got lucky on the Kamara fade, but I only had 1 gpp lu, so I was fading him regardless.

• JeffG1414

anyone have stats on the number of touches Ingram got in the 2nd half? I wasn’t fully focused on the game but seemed Peyton sure was staying away from him and that last drive was just stupid

• yanksfan1

If Mixon is out, you can just pair Bernard and Mike Davis at RB and pretty much get anyone you want elsehwhere

• gillio

Why is nobody talking Marvin Jones Jr. agasint the porous TB defense? He is going to absolutely carve them up.

• Brian7479

@bluebroker said...

Im too tired to look this stuff up but I think Dukes touches have been declining over the last few games with Coleman and now Gordon back.

Yes but what I’m saying is if they over defend the trio duke can beat them on a screen or such.

• Jokey401

@gillio said...

Why is nobody talking Marvin Jones Jr. agasint the porous TB defense? He is going to absolutely carve them up.

Umm probably because Staffords throwing hand was penetrated by a minimum of 3 steel cleats by a very heavy DLmen or LB.

He’s very questionable, for good reason.

• deactivated204643

@Jokey401 said...

We rarely discuss Thur-Mon slate strategy here. It’s taken me all year to get acclimated to the wild ownership swings. I was warned of them but had no idea how utterly ridiculous they can be. I wanted to play a lot of Kamara in the Play Action but I only had him in 1/20 LU fearing his ownwership might be 25-30%. When I saw it (before he was concussed) at 53% I was happy with the fade. Of course no one could predict a concussion but fading any player at that ownership in a gpp is something worth consideration. I think it’s an especially valid theory on a Thur-Mon slate when ownership is too damn high. Those who haven’t played many T-M slates need to know players in the Thursday games often have ownership equivalent to a 2 game prime time slate.

I don’t like to see anyone injured, happens all the time and it sucks. I’m sorry you got screwed on that, really. But Kamara at 53% owned was a good fade even if he wasn’t concussed. It may not have worked out this advantageously but still a legitimate strategy.

Edit: To be honest I usually fade the entire Thursday night game on those slates unless there is someone I feel I must have. I completely faded this one with the exception of the one Kamara play. Often the last two games of the slate, Sun/Mon prime time, offer opportunities for low ownership on good players.

And all this doesn’t change the fact I still have to pick 9/9 positions well if I want a return on my investment. It’s never easy.

• Brian7479

@mike42 said...

No worries man. I was just saying that nobody would touch him a week ago against a bad pass D and early this week he was the talk of the town. I know everybody smashed the last time OAK/KC played each other on a thurs, but it’s rare that both games between division opponents smash in the same way and I’m convinced thurs games just lead to more variance. Either they suck or the smash and results would be closer to the total if the same games were played on a sunday.

I state my opinion often in a manner to elicit debate and I have done so more often on purpose since CG left because no one else is doing it. I promise you if I stop posting 10x a day 1/2 the people that check in on the forum would stop, not because I am a genius or winning 50k a day, but because their simply wouldn’t be much left of interest. You like A. SMith, good for you, I’m happy for you and I hope he does well. If all my posts were like that they would all be pointless. I promise you, take away the strong opinions on a forum like mine or CG’s and the forum dies. I don’t know how Alex Smith is going to do this SUnday but I do know that and so does everyone that has followed this forum this year.

Man I like some of your opinions but you are full of yourself. If you stopped posting people would only stop reading the thread because they’re not arguing with you. I didn’t say anything wrong and you jumped down my throat earlier this week. And I’ve seen you do it with many others. “Take away the strong opinions like mine or CG’so and the forum dies.” If you disagree with somebody’s opinion reply like a respectful man instead of acting like a know it all female. Now that you’ve taken me out of my character let’s talk football like men haha

• deactivated204643

can’t we all just enjoy this beautiful woman and get along?

• Dewoc19

So Gio Bernard,Stephan Anderson and Lamar Miller are the uber chalk this week right? Was hoping Doug Martin wasnt gonna play so i could play Peyton Barber but that’s out now, how about Samaje Perine, he should see tons of volume still since he’s Washington’s only back right?

• deactivated204643

@Dewoc19 said...

So Gio Bernard,Stephan Anderson and Lamar Miller are the uber chalk this week right? Was hoping Doug Martin wasnt gonna play so i could play Peyton Barber but that’s out now, how about Samaje Perine, he should see tons of volume still since he’s Washington’s only back right?

I have a little concern with Miller. Last week, 1st or 2nd Q and HOU brought in Ellington w/1st and goal at the five, handed off once to him, next two plays passes to others but he was in the whole series. It’s probably a little thing but Ellington does worry me some. I’m hoping we get more info on Barber/Martin in the next 48hrs. Don’t know how I feel about Perine. If WAS gets behind his volume will shrink. That’s what happened last week in Dallas. If you think WAS stays competitive he’s probably a good pivot off of Miller.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).