4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 13.5 ) at Seattle ( -13.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -8.5 ) at Detroit ( 8.5 ) —- T: 54.5
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( 2.5 ) —- T: 49.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7 ) at Philadelphia ( 7 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -2 ) at Buffalo ( 2 ) —- T: —

Monday, 12/14
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -1 ) at Cleveland ( 1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

Reich also talked about how he wished he ran the ball more in the first half last game before he watched the same tape I did with OAK’s swiss cheese run D. Long story short, I think he gets his 20 touches this week and he smashes on the back of a couple of long runs and/or TD’s. From what I saw, if JT was the Jets RB and got 22 touches last week vs that D in that game, he would have gotten 150-200 yds and 2 TD’s Oak run D is probably worse than Dets and that’s really saying something.

I was on the fence about JT this week. This put me on him. I’l roll with ya Mike since you are running hot.

• squidkill

Davante/Arod-

bring it back with Swift if he plays

• Bvgingy

@mike42 said...

I subscribed to fantasypoints. It’s the site that does advanced matchups on RG and they are film guys/insiders. Here’s some quotes from Reich/OC talking about JT:

Reich also acknowledged how a couple of his rookies — specifically RB Jonathan Taylor and WR Michael Pittman — are stepping up to help matters out with the offense.

“A lot of these [rookies] have [strong] makeup, but Jonathan in particular – I really feel like these last two games for him, he’s just running very decisive, very aggressive, with a lot of confidence and I think he’s seeing it well. We just have to continue to build on that,” Reich said.

OC Nick Sirianni also sang Taylor’s praises this week.

“Jonathan has been a model citizen of getting better every day because he works. It’s not just because he is out there every day, it’s because he is out there and he’s working every day,” Sirianni told reporters. “He really is an explosive athlete. He’s fast, he’s big, he’s strong. We’re just looking for ways to get him touches.”

Earlier in the week, Greg Cosell, who is sort of famous for his film watching, talked about how bug the holes were for the Jets RB’s when he watched the OAK game. I mean, Gore’s backups almost got 200 yds in that game on 35 carries. What’s crazier than that is when I went back and watched every run, you could see that a bunch of those runs would have went for much bigger plays or to the house if someone like JT was carrying the ball. Forget that the INDY line is much better too.
    32 ranked DVOA vs the run (OAK).

Reich also talked about how he wished he ran the ball more in the first half last game before he watched the same tape I did with OAK’s swiss cheese run D. Long story short, I think he gets his 20 touches this week and he smashes on the back of a couple of long runs and/or TD’s. From what I saw, if JT was the Jets RB and got 22 touches last week vs that D in that game, he would have gotten 150-200 yds and 2 TD’s Oak run D is probably worse than Dets and that’s really saying something.

I absolutely love JT this week and will play him, as I did last week. The only thing I hate is the fact that neither the OC or Reich decide the rb rotation. For some reason Rothman, our rb coach decides who plays most of the time and he has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Our running back rotation is the most maddening thing to watch. It was obvious they should have gave the ball to JT way more last week but for some reason the Colts love to watch Hines try to run between the tackles and Wilkins run for 3 yards per carry. Reich also has questionable play calling. Dude called a shotgun run for hines on 4th and 1 last week when JT was averaging 7 ypc. Reich also loves to run Brisset at the goal line too. Colts also have this consistent habit of starting games out very slow and getting behind early. I’ll be playing him, but if we both end up pissed about it Sunday night, it’ll be for one of these reasons.

• Logan7777

@squidkill said...

Davante/Arod-

bring it back with Swift if he plays

If Swift does play, do you think he’ll get enough touches or does DET ease him back in since he’s been out 3 games?

• Bvgingy

@Logan7777 said...

If Swift does play, do you think he’ll get enough touches or does DET ease him back in since he’s been out 3 games?

The more I look at it, I’m starting to like Zeke as a pivot off Swift.

• Brendan239

Is going Henry/R Jones somewhat contrarian since both games SHOULD be pass heavy? Also, is there a sub $5k WR worth using on FD?

• superjon

@Brendan239 said...

Also, is there a sub $5k WR worth using on FD?

Guyton

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mike42 said...

I think this is a bad matchup for T. Hill to have a good real life game. Philly really strong up front, gets pressure and stops the run. It’s entirely possible that we are putting too much weight in Taysoms 2 games Vs the same team’s bottom 5 pass D.

Philly has given up 2nd most rushing yds to QBs. Lamar had 12-108-1 on the ground and his highest scoring DK game of the year vs them. Danny Dimes went 9-64-1 and 4-92-0 and coincidentally had his 2 best DK games of the year. If I was building a team and had to pick my QB from those 3 I’d take Hill

• realphipps

I’m embarrassed to be posting this, but anyone looking at 4.8dk Gurley?

Coaches seem to be saying all the right things about potential volume.

• superjon

Taysom is the Beast of the Week. Easiest fade after Glennon lol

• Brendan239

Kelce, Jefferson or Thielen Flex on FD?

• Brendan239

Can Brady/Evans/Godwin combine for 80+ points? Glenn on/O’Shag 30+?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Brendan239 said...

Can Brady/Evans/Godwin combine for 80+ points? Glenn on/O’Shag 30+?

If Brady gets a 30+ burger, you have to figure Evans and Godwin get there. And Glennon will be the highest scoring QB on the slate…
    At 5.1DK or less lol, 6 of them in that price range

• HoodsFromTheWood

@superjon said...

Taysom is the Beast of the Week. Easiest fade after Glennon lol

It’s too bad you play on Fanduel. You could have taken my $2 on DK vs my Glennon Happy-er Meal lineup. Still some openings left

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/entry/2405528268

• squidkill

“”“I’m embarrassed to be posting this, but anyone looking at 4.8dk Gurley?
    Coaches seem to be saying all the right things about potential volume.”“”

Nope, literally nobody

• squidkill

“The more I look at it, I’m starting to like Zeke as a pivot off Swift.”

Do you guys know how to use the term pivot? You are basically fading a high chalk guy to another guy in that price range who is pretty lower owned. Unless im crazy Swift will not be chalky

• IT4MVP

@Brendan239 said...

Kelce, Jefferson or Thielen Flex on FD?

I’d go Kelce personally

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@squidkill said...

Do you guys know how to use the term pivot? You are basically fading a high chalk guy to another guy in that price range who is pretty lower owned. Unless im crazy Swift will not be chalky

The pivot from Ekeler would be zeke/swift haha

• Bvgingy

@squidkill said...

If swift plays, there is no way he doesn’t end up being one of the higher owned plays on the slate. One of the best matchups for rbs both on the ground and through the air.

• superjon

Ya’ll want a good pivot.

Parker over Gaskin

• 33BeRad

@realphipps said...

I’m embarrassed to be posting this, but anyone looking at 4.8dk Gurley?

Coaches seem to be saying all the right things about potential volume.

I’m looking at him. It’s a very good matchup but I doubt I end up on him.

• Brendan239

I feel like this is a Marvin Jones Jr 2 TD week

• 33BeRad

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

If Brady gets a 30+ burger, you have to figure Evans and Godwin get there. And Glennon will be the highest scoring QB on the slate…
    At 5.1DK or less lol, 6 of them in that price range

This isn’t last year’s TB with that condensed target share. Brady spreads it around a lot more than Jameis did. Brady can throw 4 tds to 4 different people. Evans had 2 tds their last game and barely got 20pts. I think it was like 4-50-2

• Lbb11

@33BeRad said...

This isn’t last year’s TB with that condensed target share. Brady spreads it around a lot more than Jameis did. Brady can throw 4 tds to 4 different people. Evans had 2 tds their last game and barely got 20pts. I think it was like 4-50-2

That’s true but if you go Brady you either play him naked or want his red zone guys who are unmistakably Evans and Gronk. Doesn’t hurt that they both have good overall matchups.

• Brendan239

Is Gio Bernard worth taking a chance on? I can see him going off this week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).