NFL FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

updated 10:30 eastern

No games that are a must fade… but plenty of games that could see at least some weather impact:

PIT @ BUF

Looking like mostly light snow here, potentially some moderate snow if we get caught in a heavier band. Total gametime snow accumulation maybe 1/2 to 1 inch, with the heavier stuff falling after the game. If any impact here, I’d say slight bump down to kickers, slight bump up to RBs.

SD @ CAR

Low chance of a rain shower, more likely after the game. No/low impact or concern.

CIN @ CLE

A bit more snow here, though a fairly quiet now. We should see snow pick up a bit as the game gets going. Total snowfall still not all that impressive or scary, aprox 1inch during the game, but we also have winds to add in here, which makes this a little less appealing to me. Sustained winds around 15mph. Definite bump down to kickers for wind / light snow, minor impact to passing game possible, but I’m far from a “full-fade”.

ARI @ MIA

A lot of talk and concern about winds here, but it doesn’t look particularly windy when compared to some other games this same week. Sustained winds will hover around 15mph, maybe a few mph’s above that at times. Bump down kickers, low passing impact if anything, but not the death sentence to offense people have been concerned with. Passing rain showers also possible.

WASH @ PHI

Slight chance of flurries = no worries.

DEN @ TEN

Winds around 15mph sustained, with some healthy gusts mixed in (up to 30mph). A rain shower is possible, but more likely after the game. The usual bump down to kickers, maybe a slight bump down to deep passing.

SEA @ GB

Plenty of snow leading up to the game (coated in snow currently), but just light snow and some light freezing drizzle falling during the game. I am definitely worried about footing here, so I’m full fade on the kickers, slight tick up to RB’s.

NO @ TB

Low chance of a passing rain shower, no real concerns.

DAL @ NYG

A few snow showers, but not looking like a big impact here.

BAL @ NE

Precip here should be long gone by kickoff.

That’s all for now, follow along on Twitter, @KevinRothWx.

Also, good luck to all the RG peeps (working for RG or a consistent RG reader) in the live final tonight!

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• CleverGroom

Awwww shuckyDUCKY!

I hadn’t noticed the Miami wind thing. Trying to decide how that makes me feel about DJ.

• Dunzor

@CleverGroom said...

Awwww shuckyDUCKY!

I hadn’t noticed the Miami wind thing. Trying to decide how that makes me feel about DJ.

That should probably make you feel better, more wind = more short check down passes and run plays

• CleverGroom

@Dunzor said...

That should probably make you feel better, more wind = more short check down passes and run plays

Yeah. I’m inclined to think it becomes more likely that Miami stacks the box. Hard to see how that’ll matter if DJ just slaloms them into oblivion.

ETA: God, I love how Norman crawls after him like a ravenous zombie. Looks like he’s running against zombies out there.

• Shock87

I… I… just wanna see Shady run in the snow again:)

• chatmar

@CleverGroom said...

Yeah. I’m inclined to think it becomes more likely that Miami stacks the box. Hard to see how that’ll matter if DJ just slaloms them into oblivion.

ETA: God, I love how Norman crawls after him like a ravenous zombie. Looks like he’s running against zombies out there.

CleverGroom, thanks for the advice on last nights game. My Mon-Thur $.25 cent GPP won me $3.50. I was going to play T. Hill in a couple of lineups, but your suggestion gave me the confidence to play him in all of them. I was only 10 points from 1st place. Had Cooper played better I could have really done some damage. Trying to figure out who will probably be the 4 best QB options for Sun-Mon slates? Any advice is appreciated. Once again “Your The Man”!

• Ravenfan

Starting to look like 3-6 inches of snow in GB during gametime, That will take a lot off Wilson/Baldwin/Graham.

• doctor_doom

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

That will remove me from Baldwin.

• Pick1979

Not a bad post by me- 6 days ago about the weather for week 14

“Early look at week 14 shows colder weather pattern over the lower 48 and the biggest risk for widespread impact is a system that is currently shown on the latest 2 runs of the GFS (Weather Model) to bring wintry weather to the OHIO valley early Sunday and then form a more intense system later Sunday into Monday. At 180 hours away if this system were to speed up a bit we could see widespread impact to games Tennessee, Cleveland, Buffalo Philly NY Giants and Likely Wind Impact New England (Monday nite) if this storm is shown to deepen on future model runs”

posted in davidwx (rotogrinders back up wx man) week 13 forecast thread.

ALSO regarding GB forecast. The vast majority of the snow falls prior to the game. Its pretty clear on the weather models. Almost all accumulating Snow falls prior to 18z Sunday and with light winds off the relatively mild water ….temps will be around 30 or so.

For NE game ….weather will not be much of a factor at all. Precip will be 99% over.

Early Peak at week 15 WX. Shows a bit milder temps likely and a period of precipitation stretching from ARKLATEX to New England along a frontal boundary. This could shift 8 days out ( and WILL) so it’s worth following.

• FantasyTime69

So which games are autofade for wrs rbs qbs etc?

• emac

Yikes, a lot to digest!

Thank you for your thoughts Kevin!

• LawnStar

CHI DET??

• Pick1979

@FantasyTime69 said...

So which games are autofade for wrs rbs qbs etc?

@ CLEV looks to me most impactful from snow

I would say downgrade CINCY Pass catchers Boyd/Lafell /Eifert (Lafell runs deeper routes) As well as T. Pryor

@ BUF

Looks to be light to moderate snow for game time. Probably not too impactful….as we get to late morning if there are more heavier bands about to bear down on stadium that could effect A.Brown and Big Ben.

@ NYG there looks to be a period of light to moderate snow moving thru Giants Stadium later afternoon ending just around game time. If this sticks around later or is a bit heavier players like ODB could be effected.

• LawnStar

@LawnStar said...

CHI DET??

NM they playing at ford over a roof. my bad :)

• Razzle11

Could see 6-10 inches of snow in GB, not sure if it’ll all be down by kickoff

• NYSea

From what I read they have a tarp down on the field, so whatever falls up to game time won’t be on the field at kickoff… Doesn’t stop whatever falls during the game, but just saying

• Giez

half the GB snow isn’t coming til tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler