1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10.5 ) at Buffalo ( -10.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 13 ) at Atlanta ( -13 ) —- T: 52
    4:05 PM EST : New Orleans ( 2.5 ) at Arizona ( -2.5 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( -3 ) at San Diego ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -3 ) at Denver ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, December 19th
    8:30 PM EST : Carolina ( 4.5 ) at Washington ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• BBWC_10

@SchoolShooter said...

How much money and time you think went into his lineups this week? Serious question.

I would imagine a good amount of time coming up with his core. I don’t know how to track all his entries on the day but in the Milly he had 30 entries 29 of them were in the top 441. It cost him 810 bucks and he made over $1,060,000. Talk about a nice present for the holidays.

• weaponX

What was the lineup for the winner of the milly maker?

• murphstahoe

@Zieg30 said...

Yup. Can’t be unhappy about that at all.

The position that has the highest chance of preventing a first place finish for you is kicker, but Gano or Hopkins could have their own big games.

DK – no kickers.

• Dewoc19

Doug Martin was a bust, was gonna go Fat Rob but thought Martin would be lower owned, can’t complain about 70 points with QB, 3 WRs and DST still to play

• murphstahoe

@Zieg30 said...

Yup. Can’t be unhappy about that at all.

The position that has the highest chance of preventing a first place finish for you is kicker, but Gano or Hopkins could have their own big games.

Vegas projected score was 27-20, close to the 26-20 outcome but all the FG’s are a boon. Elliot scored one TD, Dak ran one in, and one of Jameis’ TD’s was to Adam Humphries – basically the gods aligning means no TD for Mike Evans or Dez Bryant.

Now to hope for a shootout tomorrow and picking the right tight end (there is no way I’m going with Newton) and not screwing up the WR’s too bad.

• Nobakov

He had more than 30 in the Milly. He maxed it. 150.

• fpm2015

@BBWC_10 said...

I would imagine a good amount of time coming up with his core. I don’t know how to track all his entries on the day but in the Milly he had 30 entries 29 of them were in the top 441. It cost him 810 bucks and he made over $1,060,000. Talk about a nice present for the holidays.

30 entries? he maxed out his entries 4k in entries still a good pay day though plus he won the milly a few weeks ago and i think he took down the wildcat and whatever other tournaments he played

• DRC2828

Congrats to Mallen! Has anyone else ever won it twice?

His other win was in week 6 when he beat me out of the million (I know that sounds cocky, but I was in 1st place winning the million for about 10 minutes that day, finished 70th).

• CleverGroom

@Gr8Wh1teShark said...

Mallen21 = sicko

This dude is prima facie evidence that DFS is, or can be, a game of skill. There’s very few people who could max enter the Milly each week—at a cost of about $50,000 per season—and break even by the end of the year. Forget about winning the damn thing twice. He might have a more profitable season than escot4!

What a week. Peaked close to $10,000 in projected winnings during the morning slate, then it all trickled away. Should cash virtually every single entry and show a small profit everywhere, but still…makes you want more.

If only I’d known that Ty Montgomery was my best RB play and should’ve been started over Bell across the industry. I knew I liked him this morning, but damn….

• scottmsteiner

@CleverGroom said...

If only I’d known that Ty Montgomery was my best RB play and should’ve been started over Bell across the industry. I knew I liked him this morning, but damn….

Hindsight is a bitch…this will always be a “what could’ve been” weekend for me. On to next week!

• BIF

@CleverGroom said...

What a week. Peaked close to $10,000 in projected winnings during the morning slate, then it all trickled away. Should cash virtually every single entry and show a small profit everywhere, but still…makes you want more.

I had my best week in a month by tripling my cost of entering and recouping my losses from last week.

My top lineups went over 185 points (thanks to McCoy, Freeman, Cooks and Brate stacks) but included the solid effort by Vikes D and their -1 points.

The most frustrating part of that was that I played a bunch of satellites for tickets to next week’s $1500 entry $4M Main Event GPP and missed out on winning a handful of tickets by 5-6 points. I just needed to take any defense that was $3500 or less and scored 5 fuk’n points instead of -1 !!!!!! The only other defenses that I played this week were the Bills 9 pts and Chiefs 8 points. Aaaaaargh !!!

That bad choice of defense was a $7500 mistake and I’ll miss out on 5 opportunities at a Million in a relatively small GPP next week – not to mention the extra cash I would have won in all the GPPs with the extra 9-10 points by taking Buff or KC.

Oh well, rant over and time to move on – back to research for next week.

• xpac21

gurley’s price jacked up 2000 from last game to this one after doing nothing LOL

• scottmsteiner

@xpac21 said...

gurley’s price jacked up 2000 from last game to this one after doing nothing LOL

Don’t play him then…obviously the price increase is ridiculous…right?

• SchoolShooter

@BIF said...

I had my best week in a month by tripling my cost of entering and recouping my losses from last week.

My top lineups went over 185 points (thanks to McCoy, Freeman, Cooks and Brate stacks) but included the solid effort by Vikes D and their -1 points.

The most frustrating part of that was that I played a bunch of satellites for tickets to next week’s $1500 entry $4M Main Event GPP and missed out on winning a handful of tickets by 5-6 points. I just needed to take any defense that was $3500 or less and scored 5 fuk’n points instead of -1 !!!!!! The only other defenses that I played this week were the Bills 9 pts and Chiefs 8 points. Aaaaaargh !!!

That bad choice of defense was a $7500 mistake and I’ll miss out on 5 opportunities at a Million in a relatively small GPP next week – not to mention the extra cash I would have won in all the GPPs with the extra 9-10 points by taking Buff or KC.

I really want to know how you managed to keep cooks in your lineups considering all the bad variables?

• chronoxiong

I won all my cash games this week! Wow! First time in weeks since that has happened as I beasted in the 1PM Only games too. And get this, I was able to win with a -1 FDP performance from the Vikings DST! Amazing! They weren’t my DST in the 1PM Only games as I picked the Packers DST who were actually the same price. Wished I had stuck with them in the main slate. So yeah, scored 113.94 with only Taylor Gabriel as my lone player from the late slates. Such a gutsy move I made. Shocked Lesean McCoy went low owned in cash games. He was less than 20% and he was money in an easy match-up. Thanks for fading him!

• Kloozy

So I have cousins, DeSean Jackson, Garcon, and J. Stewart left to go on my thur-mon 12 days of Xmas. Currently have 87 points. Feeling like I might be smart to switch out Garcon, for someone else. Thinking possibly Ginn jr?
    Pros- If the game turns into a shootout, which was my hope when I built this LU, I’ll have exposure to both side’s wr, and have a higher ceiling…
    Cons- If Kirk is tossing it to Garcon again like last week. I’ll feel like crying. Doesn’t seem Garcon has had to big games in a row this year. But not sure that actually means anything. Also, I think this lowers my ceiling and raises my floor?
    I’m leaning towards pivoting off of Garcon, but I’m very indecisive at this point in my day.

• BIF

@SchoolShooter said...

I really want to know how you managed to keep cooks in your lineups considering all the bad variables?

Firstly, I don’t read the forums to talk me off guys I like (I’m pretty stubborn) but I use it to identify someone I may have missed. I was on the fence about about Ty Monty and thankfully hazyone and a couple others pushed me onto him.

Arizona was in a potential let down spot defensively as season ws over.

Ariz has nobody that can match Cooks’ speed in my opinion

Some expected regression for Saints offense after 2 clunkers – kicking myself for not playing any Brees as I usually have a couple.

I didn’t trust that he would be on PEterson the whole game as they have 3 offensive weapons that they move around to different positions – left, right and slot

I was not 100% on Cooks or anything crazy but I was 25% on him and he was the only Saint I owned. I felt if here was a Saint WR to own it was him.

And of course I didn’t expect 40 points, sometimes we gotta be lucky too !

• kpquick24

@BIF said...

I had a pretty good week as well. Made almost 5x on my entry fees and can’t complain about that, but don’t feel bad I was very frustrated as well. The train I had previously mentioned finished with 177.82, buttttttttt it included Dwayne Allen 2.3, Ravens D 3, and Kerley at 7.8.. Needless to say what could have been if I made a few swaps. Well on to next week, short week, so got to start on the research and build from our mistakes this week.

• AAFritchy

Need RB2, Rob Kelley, Jennings, or Mathews for the mon-thurs slate..

• krighton

im going Kelley as my RB2..i had jennings in there but just not feeling it.

• kpquick24

@AAFritchy said...

Need RB2, Rob Kelley, Jennings, or Mathews for the mon-thurs slate..

Depends on your roster construction.

• Jokey401

Crowder, garçon, Djax. I can play 2 tonight. Rank in order please. Thanks in advance.

• fili1291

@Jokey401 said...

Crowder, garçon, Djax. I can play 2 tonight. Rank in order please. Thanks in advance.

For cash I’d go Crowder, Garcon, and Jackson. For GPP, I’d say Crowder, Jackson, and Garcon.

• lfn1992

For cash tonight, Olson over Reed at the TE spot? Had Reed hoping he’d get better but he still feels awfully risky. Olson is going to be the Panther security blanket of course, just am not feeling a 9/100/1 type of night.

• ASitar

I think Ted Ginn might be the lower owned WR that you need to plug into the Mon/Thurs GPP. I was thinking DGB, but Ginns more boom and less bust. At RB2 for the Sun/Mon I have Kelley. Stay with him or go to JStew. Also, I have Reed as my Flex. Stay with him or go Olsen or DJax? My LU is Cousins/Zeke/Kelley/Crowder/Dez/Garçon/Brate/Reed/Bucs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).