1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 8 ) at Baltimore ( -8 ) —- T: 47
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 8.5 ) at Atlanta ( -8.5 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Chicago ( -4 ) —- T: 46.5
    1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 2.5 ) at Buffalo ( -2.5 ) —- T: 38.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at San Francisco ( 4.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 8.5 ) at LA Rams ( -8.5 ) —- T: 52

Monday, 12/17
    8:15 PM EST : New Orleans ( -6.5 ) at Carolina ( 6.5 ) —- T: 53.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@Brandon6385 said...

Is season long championship advice allowed?..

Big Ben or Winston?.. Opponent has Conner and AB, so thinking of using AB as a blocker?… Am I looking to deep into this?

It’s Big Ben and it’s not that close. Winston Vs a top shelf D that controls TOP on offense is as bad of a setup as you can get.

• mike42

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Mike, I never do this but I find myself looking at J. Howard for some reason. He didn’t do too horribly vs packers the first time, and his carries have been trending upwards past few weeks. What do you think about him? Granted Rodgers was knocked out of the game in the first encounter for a while which created a gamescript where they could pound Howard for a while. If Rodgers torches the bears then trubisky would have to answer and abandon the run game.

We got all week to figure it out but my first read was this game may be better than most are expecting for DFS. The revenge narrative offsets the letdown spot to a degree. BB home games helps too and A. Hicks was saying how it pissed them off that AR called @chi a win when he did his run the table annual calling. I know most are jumping in Howard in this spot and I’ve been saying for 2 weeks that I really think Nagy is trying to get him going but i have no great feel for him right now. You can project 18-20 touches Vs a bad run D which makes him viable.l in all formats. Party of me thinks Nagy gets aggressive with Trubisky to help shake last weeks game off even though Howard should be the focal point, maybe he isn’t.

Cobb is the one that may be sneaky, have to see if he catches any buzz this week. They starting looking for Woods more after Callahan went down but McVey was probably dizzy from Fangio running circles around him all night. Photographic memories are a bad thing when you get your ass kicked for 60 straight minutes.

It’s fun being a Bears fan again. Been saying it for a few weeks now, D will decide things. Others are saying it now too, just how nobody willl want to play Sea or Dal or even the Bears in the playoffs. It’s like you get to play Madden on O during the regular season but when it’s starts mattering, you can’t avoid getting hit almost every play. If the Rams/NO’s didn’t have home field, no way either of them make it out of the NFC. Balt was extremely close to holding KC to 17 and getting the W. They won’t be an easy out either if they get in.

• squidkill

@miggs6876 said...

Who do you like this week? I have to pick for teams vs the spread.

Ask again Thursday. Too early to tell

• squidkill

@Brandon6385 said...

Is season long championship advice allowed?..

Big Ben or Winston?.. Opponent has Conner and AB, so thinking of using AB as a blocker?… Am I looking to deep into this?

My gawd. Raymond would quiver over this question. You don’t know the answer to your own question? What is a blocker? U can play lineman now in season long fantasy?

Jesus u people are nuts

• miggs6876

@squidkill said...

Ask again Thursday. Too early to tell

Ok

• deeebo

Squid/Mike – whats ur advice on rams vs birds and new orleans carolina game? Should i just roster Gurley and possibly woods or goff? And for the NO/CAR u guys recommend anyone? think i might fadw cmc this week. and go like gurley and a couple backs that play on sunday including Fournette And DJ. But any input on must plays for the primetime games would be appreciated

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

Squid/Mike – whats ur advice on rams vs birds and new orleans carolina game? Should i just roster Gurley and possibly woods or goff? And for the NO/CAR u guys recommend anyone? think i might fadw cmc this week. and go like gurley and a couple backs that play on sunday including Fournette And DJ. But any input on must plays for the primetime games would be appreciated

Deeebo. U didn’t play Elliott last week against ur Iggles like I suggested. Hope that didn’t cost you the W against eric in accounting.

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

Deeebo. U didn’t play Elliott last week against ur Iggles like I suggested. Hope that didn’t cost you the W against eric in accounting.

i got 4th. didnt even get in tbe top 3. i took some peoples advice and played guys like samuels when all i needes to do was stick to original 3 stud rbs and easily could have won. even took out TY last minute on sunday bc a lot of people were saying he wasn’t a good cash play bc of his injury. i would have bent everyone over with TY saquan cmc.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

i got 4th. didnt even get in tbe top 3. i took some peoples advice and played guys like samuels when all i needes to do was stick to original 3 stud rbs and easily could have won. even took out TY last minute on sunday bc a lot of people were saying he wasn’t a good cash play bc of his injury. i would have bent everyone over with TY saquan cmc.

Trust the process. Isn’t that what they say in your area?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@squidkill said...

Trust the process. Isn’t that what they say in your area?

That was from Marty in HR

• BIF

Woo Hoo – forgot I even entered this week; think my only misses were Texans and Steelers (maybe the Rams too). I know I had the Dolphins and Browns.

This is about $30 more than I ever won before on Pick em

From DK
    We are writing to inform you that we have credited your account $30.93 based on your performance in the NFL Week 14 Team Pick ‘Em contest. You can view your credit on the ‘My Account’ page under ‘Transaction History’. If you are on the app, you can view it by going to your ‘Home’ page, selecting your name at the top of the screen, and you will be brought to the page where you can select your Transaction History. This credit will be listed as an ‘Adjustment’ as this was a manual credit from us.

If you have any questions, please send support@draftkings.com an email.

Thank you,

The DraftKings Customer Experience Team

• boscothedon

I have a league of 18 I play each and every with with some buddies. Top 3 at the year’s end get a large payout. I am currently sitting in 6th (only about 20 total points out of top 3) Regardless I need to finish off the year strong.

My league is a full slate Sunday-Monday, so I can choose from the Sunday night & Monday game. I need a lineup to get me darn well near 150+ points every week going forward and I should be a lock. At first look this is my team:

- Goff, Gurley, CMC, Woods, C. Davis, J. Brown, Ian Thomas, Samuels, Seattle DST.

What would you guys switch around if you could for optimal points (keep in mind I only enter one lineup a week)

• BIF

@Brian7479 said...

So I won some Milly tickets. You can use them whenever you want on DK right? My question is which week would you guys recommend using them. Week 17 all 32 teams are on the main slate. There could be some teams resting players then and could be more backups playing with teams that are in the playoffs as well as teams that aren’t. Should I try to win more tickets and use them week 17 or should I use them week 15 or 16 taking all things into consideration? And why? Thanks guys

Not sure if anyone has replied yet but DK usually stops the Milly Maker ($1M to winner) after week 15 or 16 and don’t run one the last week. My guess is because of the number of people who have been raked-out by then plus as you say, the number of players sitting and unknowns makes people less apt to slam 50-150 entries in it.

• mtdurham

@mike42 said...

The ONLY thing that bugs me is when people list reasons why after the fact. I list reasons before the game. You said you were off him before the game but didn’t write a page on why or even explain it in the least and now you, and others, are listing all the things that EVERYONE knows at least for now. It’s pointless after the fact, I saw the game too. I didn’t just say I liked Cooper last Saturday. I said he was still underpriced for his role, Philly was a good matchup and they struggle with Amari types. You said I haven’t played Sutton yet and I’m not going to. Than today you write a page about stuff that everyone knows to be true after the fact. I’ve heard you write 5 posts on why you like a play before and I process those reasons into my decision making. After the fact, idc what anyone thinks is obvious because it obviously is or it wouldn’t have happened.

Its not pointless to explain it if it helps prevent people from making the same mistake in the future.

Theres nothing hindsight about it. Sutton was a really bad play in gpp this week given his chalkiness and weak expected production

We dont need guys to “hit value” to put up 200 points. We need guys to smash.

Surton having a good game was probably 16 fps… thats not enough for a guy who cost $4500. We can beat that with a cheaper punt and we can smash that by spending a bit more…

We need upside at WR. Guys who can make big plays. Sutton isnt really that guy and Denver aint that passing game.

In cash i think he was probably fine. But terrible gpp play IMO

• BIF

@AVivier said...

Sutton had 6 targets, 1 carry and missed a dozen or more snaps from injury. It is a high variance game, he was a fine play that didn’t work. I think if you’re playing the Saturday slate you’re going to want to go right back to him. Not exactly a great match-up, but with very little price difference between him Hamilton and Tim Patrick, he’s still the most likely of them to hit.

I like Patrick – said it last week and still like him this week. It’s not like Clev is tough to score on and they have one good corner who will be on WR1 most of the time and a great LB sealing up TEs so it’s Patrick or Hamilton (along with Lindsay) for me. Patrick has some upside.

• Kamais_Ookin

Anyone going back to Pettis again vs hawks? He was still very involved vs Denver despite Goodwin return. Has good rapport with mullens apparently.

• BIF

@mike42 said...

knew the good and bad of Sutton before the game. You take the 3 receiving lines of Den WR’s from the SF game and 2 were good, the odds of Sutton being the bad one out of those 3 is low; it was an outlier in that setup with no shutdown shadowing corner. If anyone knew 2/3’s of the Den WR’s were going to post good numbers and you didn’t who than Sutton would have been 80% owned and deservingly so.

That’s your own bias talking partly as a few on here liked Hamilton and I was all over Patrick. I have not seen much out of Sutton this year that makes me think he was going to dominated the targets and DK points on this team.

I’m not a big Sutton fan and part of it is because he has not really posted any good numbers (minus one game) and that was against the nickel CB nor has he as the WR2 after DT got traded so I don’t think he is ready for most WR1-CB1 matchups and this week it only gets worse. Plus his QB is not the best at threading needles and throwing bullseyes so WR separation is needed and again I haven’t seen enough of that from Sutton to think he puts up WR1 numbers.

The reason I like Patrick is that in the couple targets and routes he ran the first 10-12 games, he always looked a half step or more open and made some good catches on slightly inaccurate throws. For me he passed the eye-test; good hands and he was getting open.

• Messiah717

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Anyone going back to Pettis again vs hawks? He was still very involved vs Denver despite Goodwin return. Has good rapport with mullens apparently.

He’s definitely in play and showing why he was drafted 44th. Kittle and Petis are their future.

• Brian7479

@AVivier said...

Sutton had 6 targets, 1 carry and missed a dozen or more snaps from injury. It is a high variance game, he was a fine play that didn’t work. I think if you’re playing the Saturday slate you’re going to want to go right back to him. Not exactly a great match-up, but with very little price difference between him Hamilton and Tim Patrick, he’s still the most likely of them to hit.

What was his ownership in GPP?

• BIF

@BIF said...

Not sure if anyone has replied yet but DK usually stops the Milly Maker ($1M to winner) after week 15 or 16 and don’t run one the last week. My guess is because of the number of people who have been raked-out by then plus as you say, the number of players sitting and unknowns makes people less apt to slam 50-150 entries in it.

Looking at their Week 15-17 promotions page – guess I’m wrong and they are doing some kinda Milly in Week 17

• Brian7479

@mike42 said...

I knew the good and bad of Sutton before the game. You take the 3 receiving lines of Den WR’s from the SF game and 2 were good, the odds of Sutton being the bad one out of those 3 is low; it was an outlier in that setup with no shutdown shadowing corner. If anyone knew 2/3’s of the Den WR’s were going to post good numbers and you didn’t who than Sutton would have been 80% owned and deservingly so.

I didn’t even have a lot, Cooper was my biggest play, I just had SF jumping ahead in this game with passing since den’s secondary was so depleted which I thought would lead to more PA’s by Den and more opportunities for Den WR’s. I should have mixed in other Denver guys for sure just because you always should. Let’s move on, no biggie.

But why are people acting like you have to have a shutdown corner on Courtland Sutton? People are acting like he’s a top receiver. If you liked him in cash okay that’s one thing. But gpp at high expected ownership I simply disagree with. If teams didn’t need a shutdown corner to defend him when Sanders was out there why would they need one with Sanders gone?

We can move on now

• Brian7479

@mtdurham said...

Its not pointless to explain it if it helps prevent people from making the same mistake in the future.

Theres nothing hindsight about it. Sutton was a really bad play in gpp this week given his chalkiness and weak expected production

We dont need guys to “hit value” to put up 200 points. We need guys to smash.

Surton having a good game was probably 16 fps… thats not enough for a guy who cost $4500. We can beat that with a cheaper punt and we can smash that by spending a bit more…

We need upside at WR. Guys who can make big plays. Sutton isnt really that guy and Denver aint that passing game.

In cash i think he was probably fine. But terrible gpp play IMO

Agreed

• mike42

@BIF said...

Woo Hoo – forgot I even entered this week; think my only misses were Texans and Steelers (maybe the Rams too). I know I had the Dolphins and Browns.

This is about $30 more than I ever won before on Pick em

From DK
    We are writing to inform you that we have credited your account $30.93 based on your performance in the NFL Week 14 Team Pick ‘Em contest. You can view your credit on the ‘My Account’ page under ‘Transaction History’. If you are on the app, you can view it by going to your ‘Home’ page, selecting your name at the top of the screen, and you will be brought to the page where you can select your Transaction History. This credit will be listed as an ‘Adjustment’ as this was a manual credit from us.

If you have any questions, please send support@draftkings.com an email.

Thank you,

The DraftKings Customer Experience Team

How do you get into that? Is it free?

• squidkill

I love you mike. I love the Bears. Last leg of my parlay 😂😂🤘🚀

• Kamais_Ookin

@mike42 said...

How do you get into that? Is it free?

I’m wondering the same. Don’t know where to find it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).