1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 10 ) at Tennessee ( -10 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at Washington ( 4.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 16.5 ) at LA Rams ( -16.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5.5 ) at Arizona ( -5.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -4 ) at New Orleans ( 4 ) —- T: 52
    8:20 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at NY Giants ( 3.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, 12/21
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -13 ) at Cincinnati ( 13 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

@marker0357 said...

There’s not a single QB that I like right now on the main slate. Perhaps things will become more clear once injuries are known.

I would have to say Lamar is looking pretty good vs the Jac D.

• Jokey401

I’ve made multiple lineups (as practice) with Rivers, JT, and Pittman and or TY. And I can pretty much fit whoever I want the rest of the way. Room for 2 of any of Kielce, cook, Henry, Adams, etc. just sayin..:. And Trubisky lit up The Texans. Bring it back with cooks or Coutee. Leaning Coutee.

• superjon

@infantryboys said...

In 228 career games, Rivers had never had a 30 point fantasy game (FD/standard scoring). He has zero ceiling.

He’s had one 30 pt game, and one at 29.9. Otherwise, his ceiling is probably in the 25-28 range.

That said, he’s still a fish play. Maybe not as fishy as Glennon was last week.

• Ricolasvegas

Anyone like Bowden and or Hollins this week for value plays if Parker is out again ? both saw 9 targets last week and are under 4K

• Joeltimb

@Ricolasvegas said...

Anyone like Bowden and or Hollins this week for value plays if Parker is out again ? both saw 9 targets last week and are under 4K

Nothing wrong with it considering the guy who took down 500k on FD got 4.7 out of a similarly priced Dolphins WR last week (Grant). You can handle a nothing burger if the other pieces smash and targets should be there.

• Ndepompei

@Ricolasvegas said...

Love Bowden they were running designed plays for him before the other receiver injuries and he was tua’s safety blanket. Played him last week at 0.5% wish he’d get that ownership again

• Ricolasvegas

Without looking… who can name this rec. He’s $6300 this week and In his last 5 games played his DK points are. 24, 20, 19, 23, 20 ?

• mike42

@Jokey401 said...

What? Am I on the ignore list or something? It’s like I just talk to myself on this board.

Who told you about the list? I remember specifically telling people if we are going to have an ignore list under no circumstances can we ever name names, or it would defeat the whole purpose, and quite frankly, take all the fun out of it.

• fitz2k2

@Ricolasvegas said...

Without looking… who can name this rec. He’s $6300 this week and In his last 5 games played his DK points are. 24, 20, 19, 23, 20 ?

Shhh thats my fav wr

• ghost3490

@Ricolasvegas said...

Aiyuk. What do I win

• Ricolasvegas

@ghost3490 said...

Aiyuk. What do I win

20 points in your lineup ! lol…. maybe 30 vs Dallas !?

• Joeltimb

As a 49ers fan I pray for a QB who can unlock what aiyuk, deebo, kittle can do to this league with Shanahan’s play calling. Aiyuk is going to be a monster.

• Ricolasvegas

anyone going back to Gallup for $3500 after a stinker ? he’s still getting the targets to pay off

• mike42

@bcandrws said...

do you feel the same even with bouye out?

Don’t listen to me about it, go back to the last 3-4 YEARS of games where Fangio has been DC or HC. SOOOOOOO many games where there was an alpha number 1 WR that was popular and busted, and not a single smash. It’s why I faded Car WR’s last week and it’s why I’ll go under on Diggs. I had M. Davis last week and I’ll pivot to someone on Buf this week. It’s a 2 game slate and a guy can slip and he can get a 80 yd TD, but the 1 thing I will say with certainty, going over or even with the field on Diggs is a fish play becuase Fangio is better at his job than every single number 1 WR he’s faced for the last few years (or more) has been at theirs.

I remember the first time I brought it up (anc caught crap for it) was when the Bears played ATL the first game of the year after (28-3). Squid will tell you all about 28-3if you don’t remember, but it was a while back.

• bigez952

@Ricolasvegas said...

I can end this streak as if I play him on my main lineup he will score 5.4

• mike42

@Ricolasvegas said...

anyone going back to Gallup for $3500 after a stinker ? he’s still getting the targets to pay off

So far, that is my favorite game but It’s not gallup that I like. SF RB’s, Aiyuk, and CD/Amari. Gallup had the best matchup the last 2 weeks but I don’t think SF lets him get a smash play and he won’t be a priority most weeks for the Dal O. Amari at home or it seems like every 2-3 games MM remembers how good CD is and tries to get him the ball a lot. Last time it was early vs Balt where he got a 3-4 short passes in an awful matchup vs Marlon.

I got to dig deeper but my favorite game script is SF running for 250-300 yds and Dal passing to get back into the game. You basically have a genius at designing run plays Vs a mentally challenged run D. Aiyak may end up being bad chalk because it’s possible SF barely passes this game.

• mike42

@BIF said...

The Buccaneers have placed P Bradley Pinion, K Ryan Succop and LS Zach Triner all on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

🙄

I don’t want to gooch it, but the NFL is way overdue to have a bunch of outbreaks this week. So far, it’s good for DFS because we don’t want teams to have punters or kickers.

• emnj69

@marker0357 said...

There’s not a single QB that I like right now on the main slate. Perhaps things will become more clear once injuries are known.

I got one
    you like that?

• mike42

I went back and watched the all 22’s on the jets D for the first 1/2 Vs OAK and the first 1/2 Vs SEA just to see if they played more conservatively with the change in DC which is a safe bet. Keep in mind, I’m not a film watcher by any stretch, but I think moving forward you will see a lot less zero and single high man D’s. I stlll like Goff this week because the Jets D is made for him, just holes everywhere. He should be able to complete 5-20 yd passes all day and I’d imagine getting his confidence back is a priority for the stretch run.

Jets run D- They got a bunch of guys on d (maye (S), Henry Anderson, Q. Williams) that have high run D grades. I think last week was an awful setup and that’s was the main culprit behind SEA being able to run so easily. The Rams hould have a much easier time throwing the ball than running it. If the team quit, then stats don’t matter but that’s usually the wrong angle to take.

• Ricolasvegas

@mike42 said...

So far, that is my favorite game but It’s not gallup that I like. SF RB’s, Aiyuk, and CD/Amari. Gallup had the best matchup the last 2 weeks but I don’t think SF lets him get a smash play and he won’t be a priority most weeks for the Dal O. Amari at home or it seems like every 2-3 games MM remembers how good CD is and tries to get him the ball a lot. Last time it was early vs Balt where he got a 3-4 short passes in an awful matchup vs Marlon.

I got to dig deeper but my favorite game script is SF running for 250-300 yds and Dal passing to get back into the game. You basically have a genius at designing run plays Vs a mentally challenged run D. Aiyak may end up being bad chalk because it’s possible SF barely passes this game.

Yeah you could be right… my problem is I never feel confident about which 49er RB to play. Could be a prime spot for a 3 TD Jeff Wilson game… But seems like they sometimes like to randomly go to Mckinnon some games also with no notice… So Mike I assume your playing Mr. Wilson ?

• mike42

RAMS O- This year, there has been more variance in personnel groupings (2 TE’s vs 11) for them. It’s why Kupp hasn’t been his usual self most weeks. This week it would make sense for them to start with 11 and spread the Jets out a litlle rather than do what they did Vs NE. Honestly, most plays someone is wide open vs the Jets pass D but their run D has held up well except for last week. I think Goff is sitting at 200 yds 2-3 TD’s at halftime and Akers has 8-9 carries.

• emnj69

@mike42 said...

I went back and watched the all 22’s on the jets D for the first 1/2 Vs OAK and the first 1/2 Vs SEA just to see if they played more conservatively with the change in DC which is a safe bet. Keep in mind, I’m not a film watcher by any stretch, but I think moving forward you will see a lot less zero and single high man D’s. I stlll like Goff this week because the Jets D is made for him, just holes everywhere. He should be able to complete 5-20 yd passes all day and I’d imagine getting his confidence back is a priority for the stretch run.

Jets run D- They got a bunch of guys on d (maye (S), Henry Anderson, Q. Williams) that have high run D grades. I think last week was an awful setup and that’s was the main culprit behind SEA being able to run so easily. The Rams hould have a much easier time throwing the ball than running it. If the team quit, then stats don’t matter but that’s usually the wrong angle to take.

the one thing you have to consider about playing offensive players vs the jets is how good that jets opponents defense is-If the defense is solid you can count on a bunch of of turnovers from the jets and a pick 6 may be in the cards and the game is usually settled by half time and then teams usually take the foot off the gas

the jets cant keep games close vs good teams and if that team has a good defense the game is usually over by half time.

the only play for this game for me is the rams d-they will eat darnorld up

one may say akers is in play if you think blowout-I have some worry they let henderson and brown in on the fun this week

• mike42

@Ricolasvegas said...

Yeah you could be right… my problem is I never feel confident about which 49er RB to play. Could be a prime spot for a 3 TD Jeff Wilson game… But seems like they sometimes like to randomly go to Mckinnon some games also with no notice… So Mike I assume your playing Mr. Wilson ?

It’s real early and Moskert might have ankle issues, but my plan is to play Wilson in the $250 GPP and mix in the others in the large field GPP’s (even Coleman). SF has the very real potential to do what Balt did to them, I mean, those are 2 of the best running teams in the NFL. Cincy isn’t capable of running on amyone with no QB and their best OL guys out, so hopefully, most look past the setup.

I’m on FD but the nice thing is everyone but Moskert is cheap so it really helps you pay up elsewhere. Mullens is serviceable but he needs a run game and I don’t think Shanahan will want to drop him back more than he has too. Dal actually gets pressure especially if they know what’s coming. Really sets up for 35-40 rush attempts for SF which should mean 2 RB’s can smash for SF.

• mike42

@emnj69 said...

the one thing you have to consider about playing offensive players vs the jets is how good that jets opponents defense is-If the defense is solid you can count on a bunch of of turnovers from the jets and a pick 6 may be in the cards and the game is usually settled by half time and then teams usually take the foot off the gas

the jets cant keep games close vs good teams and if that team has a good defense the game is usually over by half time.

the only play for this game for me is the rams d-they will eat darnorld up

one may say akers is in play if you think blowout-I have some worry they let henderson and brown in on the fun this week

That’s the flipside. I’m not going all in on Goff, but in a week like this with no easy QB’s, I think Goff can do something similar to what Russ did last week which is fine at his price tag. I’ve never seen a team getting 3 scores (17+) 2 weeks in a row in the NFL. WIthout MIMS last week, the JETs moved the ball more than the scoreboard showed because they missed 3-4 FG’s early.

It’s easy to look at this setup and think the Rams will be up 24-0 at half and their D will have 1 of the scores, it’s what most will do especially after watching last week, but it’s usually not how things play out. Usually, NFL teams compete and big dogs usually cover. To some degree the right angle or the shap one depends on how others are gong to play this one. The less he’s owned, the better the angle.

• Bkbrlr

@Jokey401 said...

I’ve made multiple lineups (as practice) with Rivers, JT, and Pittman and or TY. And I can pretty much fit whoever I want the rest of the way. Room for 2 of any of Kielce, cook, Henry, Adams, etc. just sayin..:. And Trubisky lit up The Texans. Bring it back with cooks or Coutee. Leaning Coutee.

This… my initial build with zero in depth research for my dummy lineups had a Trubisky, Arob, Coutee, TY combo. Question is, do I have the balls to play Trubisky in the Wildcat?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).