1:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 10 ) at Tennessee ( -10 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at Washington ( 4.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 16.5 ) at LA Rams ( -16.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5.5 ) at Arizona ( -5.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -4 ) at New Orleans ( 4 ) —- T: 52
    8:20 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at NY Giants ( 3.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, 12/21
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -13 ) at Cincinnati ( 13 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Jokey401

“…about time…won the single game bootleg for 20K!!!!!!!“

Sweet! Congrats man!

• Jokey401

I don’t kick a man when he’s down so I’m going to interpret Mikes take that KC wouldn’t score 3 Td’s. I’m positive he meant they wouldn’t score 3 in the 1st qtr. so on that front, it was an accurate take.

Didn’t make me any $$ but, whatevvies.

• zombiekopitar

@dcheco said...

Maybe that’s part of my issue. I try and do research and see what other successful players are thinking. Maybe I just get tunnel vision and don’t consider other options. My cash lineup this week was

Brees
    Henry
    Kamara
    Aiyuk
    Hilton
    Bowden Jr
    J. Cook
    Dobbins
    Eagles

I kinda figured I needed to play Henry since he was going to be heavily owned and if he went off I’d be toast. Kamara seemed like decent chalk once Brees came back but that didn’t pan out. Dobbins seemed like a solid play given the matchup and it seemed like he’d be getting the bulk of the carries with Ingram being a healthy scratch.

Aiyuk and Hilton had good matchups and have been making the most of their targets lately. Bowden was a punt.

Like I said, idk if my thought process could use some improvement. I was fixated on Aiyuk and Hilton and thought they’d easily be good for 20+ each which at least Aiyuk gave me.

So I feel like that shouldn’t have been too far from the cashline no? To me it’s a pretty solid cash lineup except for Eagles, idk what you were thinking there haha. Then to me Brees and Dobbins were meh. I think Dobbins was/is pretty much priced up to ceiling. Not a pass catcher, and including Lamar the run game is clogged AF. I saw him mentioned a couple times this weeks in various spots and just didn’t get it. But he still hit value for a cash lineup I guess, but just so many other backs smashed

Brees was just unknown, and we were seeing his goalline work going away somewhat pre-injury. I actually had Kamara and Cook as well, but went with a naked Hurts for the same price just cause his ceiling and floor was just so much higher. For my lineup a sharper play would have been Ertz, but I was tunneled in on Cook.

I was fixated on Hilton too lol, wasn’t going to move off him…and actually if he isn’t stopped at the 3 yd line and gets the TD I win another k or 2.
    And u did hit value with Bowden though, don’t be mad about that, it was a great play.

So I only enter 3 max, but usually go single entry and here was mine today, we weren’t that far off really
    I went Hurts, Henry, Pollard, Jones Jr, Hilton, Bowden Jr, Cook, Kamara, Ravens D

So my game theory play in that lineup was Jones Jr . Titans just don’t play D….it was a perfect spot with him still as the focal point with Swift getting back to gamespeed and Golladay out. Was shocked he came in at like 7%. Other than that I had a somewhat chalk lineup and it put up a pretty good score.

There’s a balance of not over thinking/researching/editing but also still staying up to date on injury news and try to come up with something sharp. It takes some experience and luck ofc, but there still is a skill to it imo.

• dcheco

@zombiekopitar said...

So I feel like that shouldn’t have been too far from the cashline no? To me it’s a pretty solid cash lineup except for Eagles, idk what you were thinking there haha. Then to me Brees and Dobbins were meh. I think Dobbins was/is pretty much priced up to ceiling. Not a pass catcher, and including Lamar the run game is clogged AF. I saw him mentioned a couple times this weeks in various spots and just didn’t get it. But he still hit value for a cash lineup I guess, but just so many other backs smashed

Brees was just unknown, and we were seeing his goalline work going away somewhat pre-injury. I actually had Kamara and Cook as well, but went with a naked Hurts for the same price just cause his ceiling and floor was just so much higher. For my lineup a sharper play would have been Ertz, but I was tunneled in on Cook.

I was fixated on Hilton too lol, wasn’t going to move off him…and actually if he isn’t stopped at the 3 yd line and gets the TD I win another k or 2.
    And u did hit value with Bowden though, don’t be mad about that, it was a great play.

So I only enter 3 max, but usually go single entry and here was mine today, we weren’t that far off really
    I went Hurts, Henry, Pollard, Jones Jr, Hilton, Bowden Jr, Cook, Kamara, Ravens D

So my game theory play in that lineup was Jones Jr . Titans just don’t play D….it was a perfect spot with him still as the focal point with Swift getting back to gamespeed and Golladay out. Was shocked he came in at like 7%. Other than that I had a somewhat chalk lineup and it put up a pretty good score.

There’s a balance of not over thinking/researching/editing but also still staying up to date on injury news and try to come up with something sharp. It takes some experience and luck ofc, but there still is a skill to it imo.

Thanks for the input. You bring up good good points about Brees. Honestly, I have no idea why I used the Eagles D. It was obviously one I just threw in there and never went back to think about.

My lineup bombed every entry. Like, it wasn’t even close. On to next week

• 33BeRad

@dcheco said...

Maybe that’s part of my issue. I try and do research and see what other successful players are thinking. Maybe I just get tunnel vision and don’t consider other options. My cash lineup this week was

Brees
    Henry
    Kamara
    Aiyuk
    Hilton
    Bowden Jr
    J. Cook
    Dobbins
    Eagles

I kinda figured I needed to play Henry since he was going to be heavily owned and if he went off I’d be toast. Kamara seemed like decent chalk once Brees came back but that didn’t pan out. Dobbins seemed like a solid play given the matchup and it seemed like he’d be getting the bulk of the carries with Ingram being a healthy scratch.

Aiyuk and Hilton had good matchups and have been making the most of their targets lately. Bowden was a punt.

Like I said, idk if my thought process could use some improvement. I was fixated on Aiyuk and Hilton and thought they’d easily be good for 20+ each which at least Aiyuk gave me.

I only play gpp’s and go for the win(hasn’t happened….yet) where I always end up with like 2 duds so I may not be the best to help. But I do get some wins in a 11-12 man league I am so it helps finance my gpps. HA!
    You had most of the chalk plays, minus Brees and Eagles def. At least that was the chatter for the week, I don’t know how chalky everyone ended up being. For a cash game I wouldn’t stack a QB with a RB(even with how many passes Kamara might get). That would be more a gpp play. Most weeks look for mobile QB’s or teams that throw more. KC is kind of a run funnel def according to the metrics so pass attacks vs them are more gpp plays. And don’t play Brees in cash. There are 2 rbs and that joke Taysom to steal rushing td’s.
    Going into the day I would have only said to get off Brees and Eagles def. The others were fine cash plays that just didn’t work today. You can always look back and poke holes in plays
    Just be active on here during the week and ask questions. Don’t worry about some of the snarky remarks, HAHA! If nothing else it will help you write down some of your thoughts and some of the angles you are thinking. Just don’t ask a 2 vs 2 question, have reasons you’ve come up with to like one over another and see what people think about your research as you are going

• 33BeRad

@Jokey401 said...

I don’t kick a man when he’s down so I’m going to interpret Mikes take that KC wouldn’t score 3 Td’s. I’m positive he meant they wouldn’t score 3 in the 1st qtr. so on that front, it was an accurate take.

Didn’t make me any $$ but, whatevvies.

It was actually a good take if it got you off of stacking KC players. I don’t think any of them made winning lineups for tourneys.

• depalma13

DFS is such a game of inches. Had Berrios not dropped a TD and not got stopped at the 1 yard line on a second, I would be making a big payment to the taxman this year.

• ifthethunder

Weird week. So many of the free squares at RB went off (all of them, even?). While the top-salary guys did not.

I fell for the Saints “value” at WR: Emmanuel Sanders and Tre’Quan Smith got me a total of 15.1 DKpoints.

Oh well…MNF awaits!
    ~

• squidkill

@dcheco said...

Thanks for the input. You bring up good good points about Brees. Honestly, I have no idea why I used the Eagles D. It was obviously one I just threw in there and never went back to think about.

My lineup bombed every entry. Like, it wasn’t even close. On to next week

what site do u play on?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Nucks916 said...

Wowsers…about time…won the single game bootleg for 20K!!!!!!!

Great hit man congrats! Can’t wait for hockey season too but I’d definitely like a nice hit like yours before!

I see you won “only” $1.7K in the main contest with that same lineup. That’s why it’s important to play other contests too!

• Jokey401

Headchopper won another million yesterday. He won won last year to. Damn! Good work!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).