NFL FORUM

Comments

• Notorious

Lead RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

We are down to three weeks left in the regular season. As sad as it is, we still have three glorious weeks of NFL action. Here are the players that I’m targeting this week:

Studs:
    Antonio Brown – Brown has one of the best matchups on the board, facing the Falcons indoors.
    Odell Beckahm Jr. – The Giants are force-feeding him the ball. He has huge upside and a high floor on PPR sites.

Values:
    Steve Smith Sr. – It sounds like Torrey Smith is a long shot to play this week, which is good news for Smith’s targets.
    Marquess Wilson – He should see a major boost in snaps and targets with Brandon Marshall out for the season.

GPP Plays:
    Josh Gordon – First game with Manziel at the helm. These two should provide some fireworks for Browns’ fans.
    Alshon Jeffery – With Marshall out, Jeffery immediately becomes the number one receiver on the Bears. Great matchup against the Saints.

Who you got and why?

• DRTII

@KiddN said...

Looking for some opinions. Should I play Roddy White(or Edelman) and Justin Tucker or Sammy Watkins and Connor Barth

Roddy will be up in the air until Jones is ruled. Also, he really isn’t much of a threat either way. Split between Douglas and Roddy and I would probably take Douglas.

Edelman is the #1, but are they passing this game? You never know with BB.

Sammy is a weird play on any given week. He can put up 6 as easy as 26. Not sure I like the GB matchup since he’s a #1 and contrary to what people saw in the GB/ATL game, the Packers were playing soft with a huge lead. I personally don’t like the Sammy play because he’s hard to count on (same with Orton) but he might work out just because he’s good.

• KiddN

@DRTII said...

Roddy will be up in the air until Jones is ruled. Also, he really isn’t much of a threat either way. Split between Douglas and Roddy and I would probably take Douglas.

Edelman is the #1, but are they passing this game? You never know with BB.

Sammy is a weird play on any given week. He can put up 6 as easy as 26. Not sure I like the GB matchup since he’s a #1 and contrary to what people saw in the GB/ATL game, the Packers were playing soft with a huge lead. I personally don’t like the Sammy play because he’s hard to count on (same with Orton) but he might work out just because he’s good.

my situation is I have 7k on fd for a receiver and I don’t love any of the options. I can get up 2 beckham jr by downgrading martellus bennet and my kicker but not sure I love that move either lol

• Ratdog90

I am all in on Hopkins @ $7300

• infantryboys

@KiddN said...

my situation is I have 7k on fd for a receiver and I don’t love any of the options. I can get up 2 beckham jr by downgrading martellus bennet and my kicker but not sure I love that move either lol

Look at Steve Smith at $6800.

Barring a miracle Torey will be out and Steve will be a target hog.

• DRTII

@infantryboys said...

Look at Steve Smith at $6800.

Barring a miracle Torey will be out and Steve will be a target hog.

I roster Sr. in many lineups but he’s one big caveat. I’ve seen that dude drop some big passes and he just doesn’t get enough looks. If Torrey is out, which he should be, I don’t see them switching their game plan up to include more overall throws, so that might be worth a few more tosses. Owen will probably get in on the action, too.

• DRTII

@KiddN said...

You’re telling me that you’d rather have Bennett over Beckham Jr? That’s what it essentially comes down to. Bennett could post 28 or 8. Beckham, theoretically won’t post 8. For $6,200 on Bennet he’d have to post 18 (3x) to make that a real deal. He can do it, but Becks can do twice that.

I’d consider Kelce ($5,400) over Bennett and Chandler if I have to save another $200. I have Beckham in exactly one roster. He can light it up but he’s a cap crusher and there are equally good matchups. If he puts up 40 I’ll be pissed, but I have to play the odds when I get nearly 2:1 on his cap cost.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. We all have our views.

edit (just noticed you said “and my kicker”)

That gets a little tricker, but I’d still go for the big scorers over a 3/4 point difference in the outcome of kickers. I look at those guys like a wash. I’d rather focus on DST.

• infantryboys

@DRTII said...

I roster Sr. in many lineups but he’s one big caveat. I’ve seen that dude drop some big passes and he just doesn’t get enough looks. If Torrey is out, which he should be, I don’t see them switching their game plan up to include more overall throws, so that might be worth a few more tosses. Owen will probably get in on the action, too.

Smith Sr got 11 targets last week with Torey essentially serving as a decoy.

I’ll take my chances with 11 targets for $6800 against the Jags any day.

• DRTII

@infantryboys said...

Smith Sr got 11 targets last week with Torey essentially serving as a decoy.

I’ll take my chances with 11 targets for $6800 against the Jags any day.

Clearly I feel the same. He’s in a lot of my lineups, but it’s more about price ($4,800 DK) than anything else. I agree there’s a lot of potential in the JAX matchup with Torrey gone, however at $7k (DK) I wouldn’t touch it – so it’s relative.

• pawtpatriots

What do you all think about Woods or Hogan vs GB as your last WR/Felx. I just have a feeling that Buff will hang around for awhile. I am thinking Watkins will be owned more. Thoughts?

• 33BeRad

Seem to be a crapshoot as to whether Hogan or Woods get more receptions. They are $100 apart so it is really just a guess. I agree that Buff sticks around and at the very least get some good garbage time. I don’t think Watkins will be owned too highly

• danliebl

What are peoples take on Charles Johnson. I am a viking fan and i am not on him, but i see more people saying they like him vs the Lions. I just dont see it being a good matchup and other players have better matchups that are cheaper. Am i wrong here?

• 33BeRad

No, you are not wrong. Go with your instincts and the better matchups. If you put Johnson in and he does nothing you’ll be pissed cuz you knew it. If you don’t play him and he has a good game well there is nothing you can do but stand by your picks. And at least you won’t be pissed for being swayed by others

• DarrinJ21

Sleeper Stack- Jake Locker to Delanie Walker- or Jake Locker to Nate Washington

Zach is ruled out and Tennessee wont be able to run against the jets. With all the hype around Johnny Football (Bengals have given up the least amount of TD’s to wide receivers) and the high ownership of Derek Anderson (Buc’s have shut down QB’s the past 5 games) nobody is targeting Locker at $6700 FD. (Not like Locker would be targeted anyways ) Justin Hunter is out and Kendall wright didn’t practice today. I know Rex Ryan tries to shut down opposing teams #1 wide receiver which is D. Walker so could this lead to a good game for N. Washington? Just Speculating. Thoughts??

• mavven77

@DarrinJ21 said...

Sleeper Stack- Jake Locker to Delanie Walker- or Jake Locker to Nate Washington

Zach is ruled out and Tennessee wont be able to run against the jets. With all the hype around Johnny Football (Bengals have given up the least amount of TD’s to wide receivers) and the high ownership of Derek Anderson (Buc’s have shut down QB’s the past 5 games) nobody is targeting Locker at $6700 FD. (Not like Locker would be targeted anyways ) Justin Hunter is out and Kendall wright didn’t practice today. I know Rex Ryan tries to shut down opposing teams #1 wide receiver which is D. Walker so could this lead to a good game for N. Washington? Just Speculating. Thoughts??

First, Walker is a TE not a WR. 2nd… titans I believe are 2nd to last in 1st downs made, there offense is garbage and I don’t see locker making it any better. Just my opinion.

• DarrinJ21

@mavven77 said...

First, Walker is a TE not a WR. 2nd… titans I believe are 2nd to last in 1st downs made, there offense is garbage and I don’t see locker making it any better. Just my opinion.

Yes, I know he’s their Tight End, but he’s the #1 option which Rex likes to try to shut down. Locker has put up big games in the past and there’s a good chance he will be playing from behind and the Titans wont be able to run against the Jets anyways. Locker I believe has a better mathup than Manziel or Anderson and has a decent chance to outperform both of them and the other two will have a much much higher ownership.

• djjoeyg

Tenn is garbage man, I know Locker likes Nate and Walker but….they dont even get close enough to kick field goals. Unless you get points for punts I would stay away

• DRTII

I’m hating all over TEN this week, not just for WR.

• clarnzz

Noto nailed it as usual. Other than the obvious, I’m really feeling Andre Johnson if he plays,

• Ratdog90

Yeah, I stack with TE’s as well.

I favor cash games so no, I will not be using Locker, Maziel or Anderson.

I do have Walker in one GPP.

• clarnzz

@Ratdog90 said...

Yeah, I stack with TE’s as well.

I favor cash games so no, I will not be using Locker, Maziel or Anderson.

I do have Walker in one GPP.

You are most likely to win money this week.

• DRTII

@clarnzz said...

You are most likely to win money this week.

I’m taking down a big GPP, but you know…

HA, yeah, RatDog will be winning money playing those cash games. Stacking TE is a good strategy especially if the #1 is out and they’re facing a tough secondary.

• clarnzz

@DRTII said...

I’m taking down a big GPP, but you know…

HA, yeah, RatDog will be winning money playing those cash games. Stacking TE is a good strategy especially if the #1 is out and they’re facing a tough secondary.

Was more the QB’s u faded than the playing more than one TE thing. :)

• gtw11

I keep finding Marquise Lee in my lineups. His usage w/multiple short targets per game bump up his floor on PPR sites like DK (where I usually play) and they have been sending him (and connecting) on deeper routes effectively a time or two per game over the last few weeks. Jags will need to pass to compete in this game, and I think Lee will be a primary beneficiary of the increased passing volume. Perhaps most importantly, you can’t beat his price. 3x value seems like a lock, and he’s a score or couple more catches away from 5x+ value.

• pawtpatriots

Moncrief keeps finnding his way in. Something about him this week, even with Wayne playing. I think Wayne is used spearingly, and Allen back should open things up. Hou Secondary is not very good. I can see Indy pouring it on in this game.

D.Adams vs Buff is also high on my list. Gillmore and Crocket on Nelson and Cobb, should open things up for Adams this week.

I usually have one of Moncrief and Adams in my lineup. I used them both in a few, and was able to land top RB like Bell, Forte, Foster.

• Eiredame13

@DRTII said...

To me, Matthews is like the Pierre Garcon of the Eagles. True threat, but only when D-Jax is out of the game or locked down.

Eagles?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).