1:00 PM EST : New England ( -3 ) at NY Jets ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( -7 ) at Atlanta ( 7 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at New Orleans ( -3 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : St Louis ( 13.5 ) at Seattle ( -13.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Arizona ( -4 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 4 ) at Minnesota ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Monday, December 28th
    8:30 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 41

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Schizlor

Exactly. He played NE, CAR, NYJ, and a 5-0 ATL on the road, and beat PHI at home without either Jordan Reed or DeSean Jackson, both of whom are healthy and on fire as of late. Philly pass D is awful, add that to the Djax vs PHI storyline and the division crown on the line……good luck to you “Skins can’t win on the road” believers.

• GGee87

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Yeah, Big Ben is the one that worries me in away games, so I veered from AB with his price tag and took Bryant/D Williams for my cash. There isn’t much of a running game in Was to worry of points stolen though so if I was in that slate I would be in on D Jax and Kirk. Im down to my last pick here on flex. W Tye, R Randle, Diggs, or T Lockett. I’m leaning towards Diggs rather than trying to figure out the Giants. Risky pick for cash though.

I’m not as big on Randle as alot of the experts. He is a WW pickup… that’s about it. He hasnt produced like he’s projected to in a couple seasons now. I’m thinking Lockett may be in a good spot with Baldwin nursing a hammy. Teddy doesn’t throw enough for me to warrant playing Diggs. Yes he can go off any week against any team… I just don’t see him following last week up with another similar showing.

• Element828

A couple of things I’m looking at:

I really like a Bridgewater/Diggs stack..esp if Peterson is limited or out. Bridgewater had 5 tds last game with 2 of those going to Diggs. Not saying that is guaranteed to happen again but the Giants pass d is vulnerable. I think it is a good pivot from Bortles Big Ben and Newton.

At RB I’m liking 2 guys: Johnson and West. Johnson is on fire and he is a big part of the cardinals offense. Packers are decent against the run but Johnson has that ability to break the long run and catch passes out of the backfield for plus yardage. West can also break the long run and the Browns are horrible. I do think the Chiefs go out In a early lead and use west more running. I am a little scared of ware getting carried but I think west exceeds value. The lower priced guys are too risky for me. Williams/gillisee will likely split carries and you don’t really know which one will have a Better game. I like Cameron artis Payne but that offense runs through cam and If Tolbert gets the goal line work then that hurts Payne. Powell and white relie on passes. If game script turns and they go to a run game, they become useless pretty much.

At WR: I’m fading brown to Bryant. I think Bryant equals or exceeds what brown does and you save all that money. As mentioned earlier I have Diggs in. I love Mike Evans tomorrow with vjax out. He should get 12+ targets and hopefully a couple tds. The other wr spot is tough. I like Jarvis Landry but he has a agging knee injury and his game is 8-10 yard routes. Cooks and Emmanuel sanders are the 2 other guys I’m looking at.

At TE: I got Gronk locked in. Not the best matchup but he is Gronk. Period. I do like Zach Miller if Jeffery is out.

At de: Chiefs and Broncos I like if you want to pay up. The Texans is intriguing and for $2000 the Titans is what I’m looking at to save $

• Jeremy6Morehead

Keep this in mind guys, I’m a Vikings fan. IF the Packers lose to the cardinals, the Sunday night game doesn’t mean anything and Zimmer already hinted he might rest some players. Just food for thought. I wouldn’t be surprised to see AP sit out, as well as a lot of our banged up defenders. So Eli and whichever WR you like could have a nice game. Not saying this is going to happen even if the Packers lose, but it’s a possibility so don’t rule it out when making a lineup

• zpa1989

@Element828 said...

The lower priced guys are too risky for me. Williams/gillisee will likely split carries and you don’t really know which one will have a Better game. I like Cameron artis Payne but that offense runs through cam and If Tolbert gets the goal line work then that hurts Payne. Powell and white relie on passes. If game script turns and they go to a run game, they become useless pretty much.

I like your analysis with the RB’s. alot of these low priced guys look enticing but hard to trust. roto says CAP will have an expanded role and will be given a chance to see what he can do but you can’t really love his upside with tolbert and cam in there vulturing TD’s even when j stew was in there he ceiling was never that high. but for his price, CAP is an ok play for me

hard to trust karlos williams with gillisee in there. even west, i think ware will get touches. it was pretty split when they played together.

other low priced guys like gore, christine, blue are in ok spots altough ceiling may not be that high. powell is in an ok spot but you have to hope he is productive with his 10-12 touches he will get. det RB’s in a godo matchup but who knows who will get the most work its usually pretty split.

i may just stick to guys like DJ, d will, martin, AP, even denard robinson, guys that see most of the snaps and aren’t in danger of getting vultured. then differentiate at WR.

• Zcthegreat_Nation

@bosoxfan0509 said...

Have a cash question…

I’m doing 100 H2Hs on DK… I want to split Roethlisberger and Bortles 50/50. How then would you handle the other guys in those games that I want exposure to (Denard, A Rob, Julius, Brown, Martavis)? Would normally consider pivoting from Bortles because of game flow if Brees is out, but the only other QBs I really like Sunday for cash are Brady and Hoyer if he were to play. Not looking for a definitive answer as much as just thoughts about process.

Thanks

If I had 100 lineups I wouldn’t go all in on 2 quarterbacks….maybe just me

• Zcthegreat_Nation

On a side note I’ve lost money on 4 of last 5 weeks on either AP or Evans so i can’t get myself to put them in lineups….😂 Even though I’m from Minnesota

• smurg

Maybe I’m just crazy, but I’m looking at Kendall Gaskin in a few GPP to pick up the slack on dump offs and a handful of carries as well for a minimum price of $3k.

• smurg

@Zcthegreat_Nation said...

If I had 100 lineups I wouldn’t go all in on 2 quarterbacks….maybe just me

I usually do 100+ H2H on 1 or 2 lineups. The nature of h2h gives you a good bit more variance than entering into a lot of double ups. In terms of injuries, you’re in more trouble, but I would rather grab the additional EV than worry about the random nature of injuries.

• Z06Fanatic

Liking C. West in a soft matchup + Chiefs should jump out to a big lead in this 1, and Kamar Aiken on the other side of the ball against poor corners and having to play catch up…..liking Mike Evans in a game where he should get an insane number of targets, Brady + Gronk, and the Bills D with Dallas in shambles…..lets gooo!!!!

• FunkyColdModella

Ellington on track to play this week; watch him vulture all the TDs.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Bold. Buffalo’s D, also in shambles. The price is so high on DK. I think Ellington is a nobody with how D Johnson is playing I’m not worried about him personally. Not worried because of the 100% cash ownership lol. But if you feel that, be bold and go with somebody else. It could pay off.

• FunkyColdModella

I’ll still have shares of Johnson (even in GPPs) but I’m not going all in on someone as the script might get flipped thereby tanking all of my lineups.

• Element828

@zpa1989 said...

I like your analysis with the RB’s. alot of these low priced guys look enticing but hard to trust. roto says CAP will have an expanded role and will be given a chance to see what he can do but you can’t really love his upside with tolbert and cam in there vulturing TD’s even when j stew was in there he ceiling was never that high. but for his price, CAP is an ok play for me

hard to trust karlos williams with gillisee in there. even west, i think ware will get touches. it was pretty split when they played together.

other low priced guys like gore, christine, blue are in ok spots altough ceiling may not be that high. powell is in an ok spot but you have to hope he is productive with his 10-12 touches he will get. det RB’s in a godo matchup but who knows who will get the most work its usually pretty split.

i may just stick to guys like DJ, d will, martin, AP, even denard robinson, guys that see most of the snaps and aren’t in danger of getting vultured. then differentiate at WR.

Yeah it’s hard to trust the low priced guys. I will probably lock in Johnson for sure and switch out west. i am thinking about putting maclin in so I don’t want 2 Chiefs players in my lineup. I think I might put Powell in. I don’t see ivory running it against pats d and I think the Jets would want to get the short screen passes going.

• JTreadway

28% of Moores targets went to dez. Buf is missing some secondary guys. If Kellen throws 30 balls that’s 9 going to dez. At 5500 he needs 16.5 to return value. Easy $.

• hoodOO7

@JTreadway said...

28% of Moores targets went to dez. Buf is missing some secondary guys. If Kellen throws 30 balls that’s 9 going to dez. At 5500 he needs 16.5 to return value. Easy $.

I hope you and everyone else I’m up against starts Dezzy this week. He’s definitely a steal at that price haha

Edit: Guy below had to ruin the fun and tell people he was out. Thanks, guy…

• FunkyColdModella

@JTreadway said...

“Dez Bryant (foot, ankle) has been ruled out for Week 16.
    The Cowboys downgraded Bryant after he didn’t make the trip to Buffalo. There’s rumors he could be shut down for the season. Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, and Cole Beasley will see increased targets in Bryant’s place.” Source: Rotoworld.

He’ll still get more points than Calvin Johnson (still pissed about MNF)

• JTreadway

Well damn glad I wrote that lol. Hadn’t seen that

• Zcthegreat_Nation

Ginn, Floyd, Lockett, Wheaton, or Diggs-which is best sub 5k reciever (tell me if I’m missing another)

• PDFOUR

I’m doing a two game slate. I’m torn between Pierre garçon and Jordan Reed. It says Philly is good at defending against TEs and they don’t give up many points to TE.

What do you guys think? This is for the Flex position.

• FunkyColdModella

Ginn, Floyd, Lockett, Wheaton, or Diggs-which is best sub 5k reciever (tell me if I’m missing another)

Martin for Patriots. Gotta figure Reevis is on LaFell.

• JTreadway

Aiken

• hoodOO7

I think Kearse is a great punt play at 3200 on DK. He was looking even better until Balwin logged a full practice, but at that price he’ll make value if he sneezes. Also, D. Jax is right at 5K, I believe. He could hit big in Philly tonight

• Richebee

The steelers may be playing in Baltimore, but it might as well be a home game the way their fans travel.

• Javi19

Eagles looked really good.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.