1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) at NY Jets ( 6.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at New Orleans ( -5.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:05 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Arizona ( -3.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 47

Monday, 12/25
    4:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -8.5 ) at Houston ( 8.5 ) —- T: 44
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TheRyanFlaherty

I wish FanDuel would add some $1 Super contests.
    I didn’t realize the one modest/small sized GPP was it once it filled. Saw it filing up on Tuesday or whatever and assumed they’d just open another one. I’m sure I’m not the only one that wants to play/try that for a $1 but not $3 or more. frustrating if this winds up another situation where they are giving up an opportunity to make money.

• Quadhole

@Dewoc19 said...

I know people hate season long talk here, but I’m playing for first this week and I’m struggling with which QB to start, Rivers or Goff.

The guy im playing against has Robert Woods.

Also is playing Baldwin and Mike Davis stupid, I haven’t gotten shit out of Davis yet and I’d have no problem dropping him ans picking up Bibbs, but i do also have Perine on my bench as well

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

I have an ESPN championship game this weekend and it is Goff or Stafford and I am going with Goff.

• Quadhole

Knowing the playoff picture is a must too. I dont see how either Seattle or Dallas gets in, almost making this game worthless to both. You have to play and win, but we know Atlanta will get in with a win next week.

• XxHeisenbergxX

I just wanted to pop in and wish all the DFS’ers a Happy Holidays..there will be no DK for me probably for the next two weeks. I will definitely pop in and say hello but DFS is coming to a close for me. I might dabble in NBA to give me something to do but other than that the season is coming to an end and I hate baseball. You couldn’t pay me to play fantasy baseball or watch a game. LOL

• raymond333

@Messiah717 said...

The Green Bay secondary is bad but the issue with Diggs is that Minnesota seems intent on spreading the ball around. I like Wilson and Baldwin in their bounce back spot so I’d probably agree with what you have currently.

Thank you for this. I’m on the fence with Crabtree and Diggs. As well as Keenum and Foles. I know Diggs would be good if I go keenum, but I just think Crabtree is the better player. So for now, I’m going Crabtree Baldwin and probably keenum.

Appreciate you again.

• Bastardo

@Quadhole said...

Knowing the playoff picture is a must too. I dont see how either Seattle or Dallas gets in, almost making this game worthless to both. You have to play and win, but we know Atlanta will get in with a win next week.

Atlanta has 2 very difficult games left….

• raymond333

@mike42 said...

Baldwin. Love him this week. Overdue to smash, good spot.

I like this….it’s my seasonal, but I got $150 on the line if I hit this week. Baldwin was a bit concerning, as he shitted on me last week, but I too heard, and feel they should bounce back. So I got it down now to Keenum vs Foles…and Crabtree vs Diggs. I think I’m going Keenum and Crabtree (even though yes, Keenum and Diggs would make for a nice stack, but I still think Crabtree is the better player).

So for now, thats where I’m at. Anyone have a preference over Keenum vs Foles for ppr? I do have Rivers too, and I know, he’s supposed to have a game (and watch, I wont use him and he’ll have a 40 pt game or something, always happens lol), but after last week and 3 interceptions, I just can’t on my last week. So just gotta figure out the better play between Keenum and Foles, as the opinions seem to be pretty even from what I’ve seen thus far.

• raymond333

@squidkill said...

Good luck 🍀👍

Thank you bro. I know you aint big on seasonal, and you could be being sarcastic, but I’m taking it as a positive good luck, so I do appreciate that.

• raymond333

@Dewoc19 said...

I know people hate season long talk here, but I’m playing for first this week and I’m struggling with which QB to start, Rivers or Goff.

The guy im playing against has Robert Woods.

Also is playing Baldwin and Mike Davis stupid, I haven’t gotten shit out of Davis yet and I’d have no problem dropping him ans picking up Bibbs, but i do also have Perine on my bench as well

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Well I’m with ya, made it to the finals, so I’ll give my opinion, but as always, go with your gut. I can’t tell you how many times I didnt and it screwed me. I too have Rivers, and grabbed Foles and Keenum, as you probably know, Rivers shitted last week. I believe he is projected well, but I dont know if I can risk it, especially the last week and to win 1st and some money.

Rivers is probably projected higher, but Goff could be better. Idk, thats tough man. I’m kinda going through the same thing. And yea, Baldwin shitted on me last week too, so I swore I wasnt going to play him…..but, I’m hearing they should have a bounce back game, so gonna play him. Gotta stay with my studs that got me here I guess (except Rivers lol). So I think Baldwin is a good play. As for Mike Davis, I dont know if I’d go him. Perine would be good, but I think he’s questionable. But I’d personally go Perine or Bibbs over Davis, but again this is just my $.02

• Charliea

I don’t see the reason for the negativity behind the Briean Boddy-Calhoun Kendal Wright matchup. I rode the value last week and I’m riding it again this week.

• raymond333

@Quadhole said...

That time of year when you just never know. Seattle of course has to win, or are they all done, ready to pack it in. Last weeks game was HUGE and look what they did at home… Need to keep an eye on them today and tomorrow… Baldwin

Yeah I know. My hopes are Baldwin and crew bounce back. I can’t see him having 2 bad weeks, especially when they need to win. I mean I have K Cole too, but man this is the last week, so I kinda probably should go with my studs….but believe me, if I get even a small feeling Baldwin is going to tank, I’ll take him out…but I think he will do ok. Probably go Keenum over Foles, and probably Crabtree over Diggs. I’d like to stack Keenum and Diggs, but out of my options (Baldwin, Crabtree, and Juju), I dont see playing him over any of them.

• Quadhole

@Bastardo said...

Atlanta has 2 very difficult games left….

From what I “READ” the angle was the carolina may be sitting back in the second game, resting up…

• Messiah717

@Quadhole said...

From what I “READ” the angle was the carolina may be sitting back in the second game, resting up…

Read where? They’re in a tie for the division. Don’t push stupid nonsense here.

• MattyK1981

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I just wanted to pop in and wish all the DFS’ers a Happy Holidays..there will be no DK for me probably for the next two weeks. I will definitely pop in and say hello but DFS is coming to a close for me. I might dabble in NBA to give me something to do but other than that the season is coming to an end and I hate baseball. You couldn’t pay me to play fantasy baseball or watch a game. LOL

The same to you and yours!

• Bastardo

@Quadhole said...

Plus atl is only 1 game behind Carolina.

• mike42

@raymond333 said...

I like this….it’s my seasonal, but I got $150 on the line if I hit this week. Baldwin was a bit concerning, as he shitted on me last week, but I too heard, and feel they should bounce back. So I got it down now to Keenum vs Foles…and Crabtree vs Diggs. I think I’m going Keenum and Crabtree (even though yes, Keenum and Diggs would make for a nice stack, but I still think Crabtree is the better player).

So for now, thats where I’m at. Anyone have a preference over Keenum vs Foles for ppr? I do have Rivers too, and I know, he’s supposed to have a game (and watch, I wont use him and he’ll have a 40 pt game or something, always happens lol), but after last week and 3 interceptions, I just can’t on my last week. So just gotta figure out the better play between Keenum and Foles, as the opinions seem to be pretty even from what I’ve seen thus far.

Crabtree may be the better play since he might see 2-3x the tgts, but in no way, shape or form is Crabtree a better player than Diggs. GL in you season long, I hope after all you put Squid through you win it.

• mnstone14

@Quadhole said...

why is read in quotations? did you not really read it? Carolina is very likely going to be playing for seeding in week 17, no way they dont go all out of thats the case.

• TopDawgs07

Man, I want to play value QB, but as much as I want to, I just don’t know if I can. Trubisky is so cheap against a team I really believe is historically awful. But the more I read on Fox and the Bears, I just don’t think I can get behind it. Per Justin Van Zuiden, “In Fox’s three years as head coach, the Bears are 0-7 straight up when favorite, per Odds Shark. Let’s pause for a moment for effect: The Bears have yet to win a game, let alone cover a spread, in the Fox era when they’ve been favored. Beyond that, six of those seven games were at home, and Chicago has lost the seven contests by an average of 9.1 points.” If the Bears do happen to lead, I imagine we’ll see their offense go into a shell running Howard relentlessly. Maybe I can pivot to Stanton for my savings at QB……

• Mikeallin

@emnj69 said...

u proved my point -that is not the upside I am looking for-winston threw for zero tds vs them at home in a game that meant more to them then this one and now the panthers are starting to play good ball

That game was in tropical storm….Brate for his price is going to smash this week …Book it

• mike42

TEn just sent a CB to IR that got injured on wed, they had 2 Cb’s injured last game including Logan Ryan who still has not practiced. IDK all the final details, but if 2-3 of these guys are out come sunday and whipping boy McCain ends up coming off of the bench to be the 2nd best corner, the Rams passing O will be in one of the best spots on the slate.

Cincy injuries- A lot of the guys who were out appear to be practicing and likely to play. I know everyone wants to pile on to cincy because they laid down the last 2 games, but if they get their guys back, this probably doesn’t end up being the layup that most are imagining. It’s uncommon for an NFL team to lay down 3 weeks in a row. Another thing to look at late season is a crappy teams last home game, a lot of times they end up giving a plus effort for their last home game. Stafford was pretty high on my list but Cincy limits WR production, when healthy they have a strong front 7 and Det’s o-line is still banged up. Also, Det is one of those teams that rarely blows out anybody and usually play their best Vs good teams, not bad ones. I’d follow the actives/inactives list on sunday morning if you are high on this game, think it’s a setup.

• Quadhole

@mnstone14 said...

why is read in quotations? did you not really read it? Carolina is very likely going to be playing for seeding in week 17, no way they dont go all out of thats the case.

Because I read it, wasnt my Opinion…

• TopDawgs07

@mike42 said...

TEn just sent a CB to IR that got injured on wed, they had 2 Cb’s injured last game including Logan Ryan who still has not practiced. IDK all the final details, but if 2-3 of these guys are out come sunday and whipping boy McCain ends up coming off of the bench to be the 2nd best corner, the Rams passing O will be in one of the best spots on the slate.

Cincy injuries- A lot of the guys who were out appear to be practicing and likely to play. I know everyone wants to pile on to cincy because they laid down the last 2 games, but if they get their guys back, this probably doesn’t end up being the layup that most are imagining. It’s uncommon for an NFL team to lay down 3 weeks in a row. Another thing to look at late season is a crappy teams last home game, a lot of times they end up giving a plus effort for their last home game. Stafford was pretty high on my list but Cincy limits WR production, when healthy they have a strong front 7 and Det’s o-line is still banged up. Also, Det is one of those teams that rarely blows out anybody and usually play their best Vs good teams, not bad ones. I’d follow the actives/inactives list on sunday morning if you are high on this game, think it’s a setup.

I would agree with both of these. Goff/Woods/Gurley are in for a nice matchup.

I’ve said it in past weeks, but keep an eye on Burfict. He’s the heart and sole of that Cincy defense. If he plays, I believe they’ll at least give strong effort. Pac-Man is another key person on their defense and it’s personality, but he’s done for the season. Compared to the past two weeks, I also don’t feel like Detroit is the type of team to just come out and hammer the Bengals. Part of that is the lack of running game, part of that is playing on the road. The Bears and the Vikings both had a lot of success running the football on the Bengals. That’s just not in the makeup of the Lions. I’m one that’s like Stafford and Jones potentially. I’ve heard Tate mentioned as well this week. Keep an eye on the Tate vs. the Bengals. Cincy’s actually limited the slot WR’s they’ve faced of late, that list includes Thielen. If I were attacking the Bengals Def, I would probably lean more Stafford/Jones than anything, maybe Golladay as a flier.

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

Do you think its too much to play Woods and Krupp in same line up?

• Quadhole

@TopDawgs07 said...

Man, I want to play value QB, but as much as I want to, I just don’t know if I can. Trubisky is so cheap against a team I really believe is historically awful. But the more I read on Fox and the Bears, I just don’t think I can get behind it. Per Justin Van Zuiden, “In Fox’s three years as head coach, the Bears are 0-7 straight up when favorite, per Odds Shark. Let’s pause for a moment for effect: The Bears have yet to win a game, let alone cover a spread, in the Fox era when they’ve been favored. Beyond that, six of those seven games were at home, and Chicago has lost the seven contests by an average of 9.1 points.” If the Bears do happen to lead, I imagine we’ll see their offense go into a shell running Howard relentlessly. Maybe I can pivot to Stanton for my savings at QB……

The right Coach next year can come in there and do what Philly and L.A. has done this year, or close to it.
    Fox was in the right place at the right time in Denver and helped build a good team, he can coach them up, but dont think he can land a Superbowl. Kubiak was given a great team to take home a trophy.. Fox is another Mike Smith of Atlanta, and some others.

I am not close enough to know all the facts, and maybe it is the media that makes it feel this way. Feels like there are several (TYPES) of coaches,
    1. the Intellectual /rara Driver GRUDEN
    2.the laid back, Carroll, Ryan, Fox, Smith,
    3. The azz buster – Zimmer, Jimmy Johnson…

A one or a 3 can come in and take Chicago forward. It always has to be a change of pace from the other style to move forward…
    Cincinnati with a QB and a change of pace could go right back into the playoffs. If they get a mike Smith or or Fox type, it will be the same ole thing…

• mike42

@TopDawgs07 said...

I would agree with both of these. Goff/Woods/Gurley are in for a nice matchup.

I’ve said it in past weeks, but keep an eye on Burfict. He’s the heart and sole of that Cincy defense. If he plays, I believe they’ll at least give strong effort. Pac-Man is another key person on their defense and it’s personality, but he’s done for the season. Compared to the past two weeks, I also don’t feel like Detroit is the type of team to just come out and hammer the Bengals. Part of that is the lack of running game, part of that is playing on the road. The Bears and the Vikings both had a lot of success running the football on the Bengals. That’s just not in the makeup of the Lions. I’m one that’s like Stafford and Jones potentially. I’ve heard Tate mentioned as well this week. Keep an eye on the Tate vs. the Bengals. Cincy’s actually limited the slot WR’s they’ve faced of late, that list includes Thielen. If I were attacking the Bengals Def, I would probably lean more Stafford/Jones than anything, maybe Golladay as a flier.

I’m thinking Riddick, McKinnon’s line last week helping confirm that they give up receiving production to RB’s. Here is Silva’s take/the numbers:

This week’s matchup is certainly favorable against a Bengals defense that has surrendered 110-plus rushing yards in eight of its last nine games and an NFL-high 778 receiving yards to running backs this year. Jerick McKinnon torched Cincinnati for 114 yards on seven catches last week. Riddick is easily the premier Week 16 flex play from the Lions’ RBBC.

He is a hard guy to roster at $4700 but he’s practicing in full and in a smash spot.

Also, Burfict’s likely return makes it less likely they will run one in making it maybe more likely that Riddick catches a TD. You got a lack of a run game vs a team that limits WR production but the Lions should score 2-3 TD’s and gain 350 yds, who’s getting those stats? I think Riddick gets his this game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).