1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) at NY Jets ( 6.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at New Orleans ( -5.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:05 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Arizona ( -3.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 47

Monday, 12/25
    4:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -8.5 ) at Houston ( 8.5 ) —- T: 44
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@miggs6876 said...

Do you think its too much to play Woods and Krupp in same line up?

I think Woods has proven to be the best play and will have lower ownership than he should because of the perception that he is not a $6500 WR. Kupp is in a great spot too but just not sure he gets the volume or a TD to smash, Woods just consistently produces. Just waiting on the injury news but I already told my buddy who’s playing for $2500 in his season long that he should start Goff over Brady and it’s not even a close call.

• Dewoc19

Am I completely off my rocker trying to play Kamara and Ingram on DK this week?

• Charliea

@Dewoc19 said...

Am I completely off my rocker trying to play Kamara and Ingram on DK this week?

I’m off Thomas because that’s viable.

• apwoodroof

Any thoughts on the Saturday only slate?

• squidkill

Hey fellas.

Looks like the cash game build this week will be paying up for RB. Paying down At WR. TE looks like the black hole. You’re either paying up or punting low. Gonna be fun.

• squidkill

@apwoodroof said...

Any thoughts on the Saturday only slate?

I got some good mon-sat lineups alive. Take a look at the weather in Baltimore. Looks like rain. Collins/ Ravens def? Chalk will be to load up on ravens and Vikes and fade the rest
    Very little sneaky spots. I faded Julio sanu and Ryan so I’m happy. Should be fun

• Messiah717

Jarvis Landry seems like a must play. Am I missing something there?

• Dunzor

@Messiah717 said...

Jarvis Landry seems like a must play. Am I missing something there?

I’ve been on him most of the week but trying to figure out if I should pivot to Woods or Cole instead as my WR3, it’ll probably come down to final inactive lists.

• apwoodroof

@squidkill said...

I got some good mon-sat lineups alive. Take a look at the weather in Baltimore. Looks like rain. Collins/ Ravens def? Chalk will be to load up on ravens and Vikes and fade the rest
    Very little sneaky spots. I faded Julio sanu and Ryan so I’m happy. Should be fun

Thanks. I agree… nothing sneaky. My only thought is maybe more GB than others… I like Mike42’s home dog night game narrative. I think I want Collins/McKinnon/GB running back – probably Williams over Jones. Allison could be a nice play with Adams out and Hundley back in. Not sure if I have the balls to play Hundley though… I don’t see enough upside against the Vikings and salary cap isn’t much of an issue on this short slate.

• Dunzor

@TopDawgs07 said...

Man, I want to play value QB, but as much as I want to, I just don’t know if I can. Trubisky is so cheap against a team I really believe is historically awful. But the more I read on Fox and the Bears, I just don’t think I can get behind it. Per Justin Van Zuiden, “In Fox’s three years as head coach, the Bears are 0-7 straight up when favorite, per Odds Shark. Let’s pause for a moment for effect: The Bears have yet to win a game, let alone cover a spread, in the Fox era when they’ve been favored. Beyond that, six of those seven games were at home, and Chicago has lost the seven contests by an average of 9.1 points.” If the Bears do happen to lead, I imagine we’ll see their offense go into a shell running Howard relentlessly. Maybe I can pivot to Stanton for my savings at QB……

Stanton is definitely my choice for a cheap QB. He scored 15pts his last couple starts and streaming against the Giants D has been a profitable strategy for most of the season

• TopDawgs07

@mike42 said...

I’m thinking Riddick, McKinnon’s line last week helping confirm that they give up receiving production to RB’s. Here is Silva’s take/the numbers:

This week’s matchup is certainly favorable against a Bengals defense that has surrendered 110-plus rushing yards in eight of its last nine games and an NFL-high 778 receiving yards to running backs this year. Jerick McKinnon torched Cincinnati for 114 yards on seven catches last week. Riddick is easily the premier Week 16 flex play from the Lions’ RBBC.

He is a hard guy to roster at $4700 but he’s practicing in full and in a smash spot.

Also, Burfict’s likely return makes it less likely they will run one in making it maybe more likely that Riddick catches a TD. You got a lack of a run game vs a team that limits WR production but the Lions should score 2-3 TD’s and gain 350 yds, who’s getting those stats? I think Riddick gets his this game.

Riddick is definitely in play and you’re right about the potential to target RB’s against the Bengals. That’s a good call.

• mike42

@apwoodroof said...

Thanks. I agree… nothing sneaky. My only thought is maybe more GB than others… I like Mike42’s home dog night game narrative. I think I want Collins/McKinnon/GB running back – probably Williams over Jones. Allison could be a nice play with Adams out and Hundley back in. Not sure if I have the balls to play Hundley though… I don’t see enough upside against the Vikings and salary cap isn’t much of an issue on this short slate.

It’s been like 5 home underdogs the last 3 weeks and ALL of them showed up and/or won. This is the worse setup of the bunch just because GB is in a letdown spot given they thought they had a good chance of making a run and it didn’t happen. I think it’s the run game if they keep it close, you are correct with Williams. Best chance GB has is to pound it 20-25x with him and anything resembling what JSTEW did to them would work just fine. I’m going to use that angle in a couple LU’s.

• Messiah717

@Dunzor said...

Stanton is definitely my choice for a cheap QB. He scored 15pts his last couple starts and streaming against the Giants D has been a profitable strategy for most of the season

Have to have some Stanton and some Fitzgerald this week. The Giants defense is atrocious.

• Charliea

The core for all my lineups are Keenum Theilen Diggs for the Sat slate then I’m plugging in positional players for different lineups.

It’s not often that salary cap doesn’t play much of a role on a 2 game slate.

• ssilberman2012

@thehazyone said...

a quick game-by-game breakdown by yours truly…

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/nfl-team-rest-of-season-outlook-and-how-it-impacts-dfs-2273696

good help and entertaining enough to read all the way through. nice job.

• ssilberman2012

@miggs6876 said...

I understand the Russell Wilson love. No way I’m paying 9k for him. I’ll pivot to Cam, Stafford, or Prescott.

completely agree

• Dunzor

I think it’s gonna depend on final injury reports for multiple teams, but if we assume Ekeler is out what are people’s opinions on Gurley & Landry…vs… Gordon & Woods?

• ssilberman2012

@mike42 said...

Quick background on Bibbs. He went to CSU (Colorado state) and was a stud and fan preseason favorite in Denver. I have no clue why he got cut but their would be a revenge narrative firmly in place, which is nice. Also, the write up on him prior to catching passes for TD’s last week was he couldn’t catch passes. If Perine is out I would absolutely have exposure to him. Been actively rooting for that setup. Dotson/ Crowder will have two of the best corners on them, V. Davis might be getting old or asked to help block in a good matchup and that should leave Bibbs with more than enough touches to justify his price tag. Also, Gruden spoke highly of him.

what if Crowder is out? how does that change Bibbs’ outlook

• bgunsgu

Last I heard, it’s going to be frigid cold in GB this week. Not much rain or wind, but does that cold affect Keenums passing and/or Diggs’ receiving?

• bgunsgu

Just to throw some more season banter in, i’m considering benching Julio for friggin Crabtree. I don’t know why Julio is not getting the looks, but he’s had 2 games over 15 points this year…

• deeze3329

@Dunzor said...

I think it’s gonna depend on final injury reports for multiple teams, but if we assume Ekeler is out what are people’s opinions on Gurley & Landry…vs… Gordon & Woods?

I would lean to Gordon & Woods, but that is just my gut feeling. Don’t trust KC to blow out Miami so that they have to throw the ball a ton, and sneaky feeling if the Rams get up early they will try to give Gurley a little rest. Not saying as any type of authority, but as I said earlier, my gut

• Dakotasbest

Don’t say things like this. I still have hope for the boys. Right before Christmas too damn man! Lol

• keto06

Bibbs just feels like a let down spot. I might fade even if Perine plays. I dont need the value and I already have 3 stud backs. All this love for Cam. No thanks. I’m either paying down for Stanton or playing Brees/Wilson/Smith in the midrange.

• Dunzor

@deeze3329 said...

I would lean to Gordon & Woods, but that is just my gut feeling. Don’t trust KC to blow out Miami so that they have to throw the ball a ton, and sneaky feeling if the Rams get up early they will try to give Gurley a little rest. Not saying as any type of authority, but as I said earlier, my gut

Ya I solved my own problem with a different option. I saw that Williams is now doubtful to play Sunday so now I can save money by playing Drake instead and then I won’t need Landry anymore so I can play Woods for my piece of the Rams and then have extra money to upgrade my TE and Defense

• codger88

@ssilberman2012 said...

this is genius and it crossed my mind last year. NFL contracts are public I believe…there has to be a way to find out this stuff.

player incentives…

Thielen and Gronk need some run

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/262951/nfl-player-bonuses-gronk-others-chasing-millions-of-dollars

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).