1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) at NY Jets ( 6.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at New Orleans ( -5.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:05 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Arizona ( -3.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 47

Monday, 12/25
    4:30 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -8.5 ) at Houston ( 8.5 ) —- T: 44
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: 47

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these weekly threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• murphstahoe

@xpac21 said...

ever heard of deshaun watson?

#facepalm

• murphstahoe

Somehow my cash lineup survived a dose of crabtree

• murphstahoe

Whoever gets the eagles in round 2 is loving it.

• BIF

@Dunzor said...

Ya Bif, it took all night but they finally got there!

Never a doubt 😜 they almost had it on the earlier INT plus Pitt got lucky with Houston not kicking the XP so that woulda knocked them down 3 more earlier in the game.

• yisman

so I lost a lot today due to yahoo but I actually won a few dollars at DK

min cashed with my lineup

My lineup was an Oakland stack without Cooper

and it cashed!

Carr, Roberts, Crabtree, and Cook

all were awful, of course

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/51754902?uc=972156438

• Dewoc19

I just need to come here to vent for a second!!

I lost my Yahoo season long championship by .52 points with 34 seconds left in the Phi/Oak game thanks to that jagoff Files and his 4 yard completion

I only have myself to blame I guess, could have started Goff over Rivers and didn’t go with my gut thinking Rivers would bounce back, started Rudolph who is as worthless as tits on a bnull and had what, 1 catch for 4 yards, played Josh Gordon thinking he could work miracles

FML!!!

• deactivated204643

Because I was away a few days I played about 1/3 of my usual volume. Probably finished -25% ROI. My 50/50 team missed the cash line by 3pts. Highest score in gpp 179.

This coming week could be more like preseason. I hope extra research will pay off.

How did Raymond do?

• KindGuy

Put up 93.14 in today’s $3 GPP. Cash line was 107.14 and winning score was 139.14. Mistakes were Miller, James and fading Juju and Eagles defense. Always annoying knowing that on these super small slates, a few swaps can be the difference between not cashing and a 4 figure payday.

Hope the rest of you did well! Next week will be crazy!

• BIF

Most of my lineups were 114-120 points so no big winners but a bunch of 2-3x winners and broke even today plus a couple golf tickets for Jan 4th – the last second Eagles TD took me from -50 bucks to a just above break-even. Nice to have one of those plays work for you for once.

Congrats to those with cash still in your account🏆
    you made it to Week 17
    This season felt like a Survivor Pool at times as we took casualties each week

• xpac21

@BIF said...

Most of my lineups were 114-120 points so no big winners but a bunch of 2-3x winners and broke even today plus a couple golf tickets for Jan 4th – the last second Eagles TD took me from -50 bucks to a just above break-even. Nice to have one of those plays work for you for once.

you made it to Week 17

tell me about it…i had one profitable week all season, the week ap was traded

• Dunzor

@xpac21 said...

tell me about it…i had one profitable week all season, the week ap was traded

Ah yes, the week of cheap Ingram chalk, I think that was one of the few main slates I did well on too since I was an early believer in Deshaun Watson as well. Overall I think I’ve had about 3-4 profitable main slates all season with the rest sucking, but for me it’s been the primetimes and Mo-Thu etc. short slates that have made it a strong NFL season and I think after the Christmas games I may crack the top 100-200 NFL rankings for the year. Here’s hoping we can all carry some success into the playoffs and then transition to other sports (PGA for me)

• billholler

So many people whining about losing a few dollars on the last play. Dude that was in first place on DK for the entire 2nd half went from 100k to 4k on that last play. He only had 10 entries so he wasn’t a large bankroll player. I’ve felt that pain before (FUCK CARLOS HYDE!) and it hurt to watch that.

• dhess0

@BIF said...

you made it to Week 17

Sounds like a solid week! I was slightly positive Sunday… but actually won a small GPP on the 2 game slate yesterday. So two small GPP wins on the year have me in the positive and a decent bankroll (for the stakes I play anyways).

Happy holidays everyone

• dhess0

Quick question… for those of you that play multiple sports (I only have played NFL DFS the last four years).

What’s the learning curve for something like NHL? I love watching hockey, not so much NBA or MLB. But I also don’t want to throw money away if the learning curve is that steep.

• Messiah717

@dhess0 said...

Quick question… for those of you that play multiple sports (I only have played NFL DFS the last four years).

What’s the learning curve for something like NHL? I love watching hockey, not so much NBA or MLB. But I also don’t want to throw money away if the learning curve is that steep.

It’s not steep in my opinion. That’s not to say it’s easy. I did a lot of NHL last year once football ended. Might be a good idea to start off with the smaller slates until you get the hang of it. Stacking lines tends to be key since if they go off you rack up goal and assist points.

• dhess0

@Messiah717 said...

It’s not steep in my opinion. That’s not to say it’s easy. I did a lot of NHL last year once football ended. Might be a good idea to start off with the smaller slates until you get the hang of it. Stacking lines tends to be key since if they go off you rack up goal and assist points.

Appreciate the tips!

• BIF

@dhess0 said...

Play DFS golf, it’s 4-day tournaments and only 1 a week so money can feel like it lasts longer plus you have a cut after Friday and if 5 or 6 of your 6 guys make the cut it is a fun weekend usually. Lots of wild up/down movements too.

• dhess0

@BIF said...

Play DFS golf, it’s 4-day tournaments and only 1 a week so money can feel like it lasts longer plus you have a cut after Friday and if 5 or 6 of your 6 guys make the cut it is a fun weekend usually. Lots of wild up/down movements too.

Thanks BIF I’ll give that a look too. So you pick guys pre-cut?

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

I agree with BIF, DFS golf is definitely the most fun DFS sport and other than NFL and GOLF I’ve given up on really playing anything else

• Logan7777

@dhess0 said...

There’s Thur-Sun contests, and then Sat-Sun (weekend contests) for after the cut. Golf is my favorite DFS sport. 4 days of sweat and lots action throughout each day.

• deactivated204643

@BIF said...

As long as I still have a bankroll after football season I’m going to give golf another try. It’s a lot of fun but I found it harder than NFL. Last year was my first playing golf and I studied hard with less than stellar results but I’m hoping a year of experience under my belt will help. If you find yourself in the PGA forum early next year BIF and Dunzor are two guys whose posts you should follow. They know their stuff

• MrFriday

Does anyone have the tournament link to the big Monday only tournament on draftkings? Can’t find that slate in the resultsdb

• BIF

@dhess0 said...

The 4-day GPPs starting on Thursday are the best (and biggest) and the 2-day post-cut ones are a bit more like small 2 game NFL slates as there may be more ties (dupes) and much tighter standings where every shot means a little more.

This is my opinion but I’m also biased as I feel I have an edge on the 4-day events in picking guys to make the cut versus the 2-day Weekend Golf where everyone in the player pool is guaranteed the same 2 rounds.

Word of warning – there are assholes who randomnly withdraw for injuries and when they are playing crappy in round 1 or 2 when they won’t make the cut. It’s basically the equivalent of losing an NFL player at the end of the 1st Q to a concussion but in golf that is 1/6th of your lineup versus 1/9th in NFL.

• superstars92

@dhess0 said...

Weekend golf is where it’s at. You won’t get as mad when Brooks Koepka makes triple bogey since you know he’ll just follow that up with a birdie streak. Otherwise, you have to sweat out Brendan “choke artist” Grace and Kyle “I can’t make a 4 foot putt” Stanley on the cut line.

• Dunzor

@superstars92 said...

Weekend golf is where it’s at. You won’t get as mad when Brooks Koepka makes triple bogey since you know he’ll just follow that up with a birdie streak. Otherwise, you have to sweat out Brendan “choke artist” Grace and Kyle “I can’t make a 4 foot putt” Stanley on the cut line.

This reminds me, if you’re gonna jump in to DFS golf and be active in the PGA forums here on RG, be ready for a whole lot of nicknames to get used to. If you thought NFL was bad with guys like Nuk & Shady, just wait until you’re trying to decipher which guy KSDT it (Kyle Stanly Death Train), or trying to distinguish between the overweight Patrick’s (i.e. Fatrick Reed & Fat Pat Perez)….it’s a good time and there is nothing quite like the Thursday-Friday DFS golf forum tilt, way better than guys complaining about their NFL plays

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).