1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 10 ) at Indianapolis ( -10 ) —- T: 47
    1:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: 39.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Rams ( 0 ) at Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at San Francisco ( 3.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New Orleans ( -6 ) —- T: 57.5
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Seattle ( 2.5 ) —- T: 54

Monday, 12/24
    8:15 PM EST : Denver ( -2.5 ) at Oakland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Brian7479

@sox9 said...

The only Gulrey back up I would have liked would have been Malcolm Brown, but he’s done.

I’m confused. You said do you like J Williams, D Williams or Michel more than Gurley for floor or upside?

• sox9

someone asked me about Gurley’s backup who I ruled out. Maybe they were thinking his backup would be the best way to go. Maybe I would have considered that if Malcolm Brown was avaiIable, but he is done ROS. I was kind of getting at the assumption Gurley plays maybe 10-12 carries and 3-4 targets and no more due to blow-out or LA holding him back. If that assumption is right would Jamaal, Damien or Michel be better plays for either floor or ceiling?

• sox9

@sox9 said...

someone asked me about Gurley’s backup who I ruled out. Maybe they were thinking his backup would be the best way to go. Maybe I would have considered that if Malcolm Brown was avaiIable, but he is done ROS. I was kind of getting at the assumption Gurley plays maybe 10-12 carries and 3-4 targets and no more due to blow-out or LA holding him back. If that assumption is right would Jamaal, Damien or Michel be better plays for either floor or ceiling?

Also, like Mike said, it is not a given Gurley even plays. I think he will, but not a full load.

• Brian7479

@sox9 said...

My man, you’re comparing Gurley and J Williams, D Williams and Michel? If you’re debating on Gurley and his workload you should be comparing him to guys like CMC who are around his price range. These other guys are basically half his price. I’m so confused. Maybe I’m reading you wrong

• Brian7479

My fault I’m guessing I’m reading you wrong

• sox9

@Brian7479 said...

My man, you’re comparing Gurley and J Williams, D Williams and Michel? If you’re debating on Gurley and his workload you should be comparing him to guys like CMC who are around his price range. These other guys are basically half his price. I’m so confused. Maybe I’m reading you wrong

In LUs where I am not using Gurley I am going to save salary at RB w/matchup plays and invest elsewhere: CHI or RAMs DEF, Hopkins or Cooper, Brees or Wilson, Ertz or Kelce etc.

• sox9

I am also gonna have one or two Baker Mayfield LUs vs. Cincy D

• keephustlincuz

@sox9 said...

I am also gonna have one or two Baker Mayfield LUs vs. Cincy D

Mayfield chubb Landry…. euro step with Mixon?

• sox9

@keephustlincuz said...

Mayfield chubb Landry…. euro step with Mixon?

Mixon is a tough one. he has a great matchup, but w/Boyd and AJ out, CLEVE D is gonna key on him. He had a huge 27 carries yesterday and he is the franchise for Cincy going forward. Will they play him much in a meaningless game w/Cincy already eliminated? I have the same problem w/AROD and Davante—a great matchup but maybe neither plays more than a half or even one series.

• keephustlincuz

@sox9 said...

Mixon is a tough one. he has a great matchup, but w/Boyd and AJ out, CLEVE D is gonna key on him. He had a huge 27 carries yesterday and he is the franchise for Cincy going forward. Will they play him much in a meaningless game w/Cincy already eliminated? I have the same problem w/AROD and Davante—a great matchup but maybe neither plays more than a half or even one series.

Your argument is valid. The counter arguments to that would be it’s a division game. Would it be possible that cincy just goes there and lays down and loses 35 -3? Maybe but I think they fight for a while. His usage should be crazy without boyd. Driskel has something to prove so I think he will show some heart.

The other reason is ownership. There are so many RBS is good spots. I am guessing he comes in at 9% or so.

• yisman

Eagles just confirmed Foles will start next week (to the surprise of no one).

It doesn’t sound like Wentz has any real shot of playing again this season, but the Eagles don’t want to put him on IR.

• sox9

I know the NFL frowns on eliminated teams tanking for draft position or to protect their franchise players especially if their opponents or other teams are impacted for playoff consideration by such actions. I wonder if anyone knows, or if CleverG or someone has stats on how often starters on eliminated teams sit or play like only a half the game in Week 16? I doubt the NFL will ever challenge an injury designation (e.g. a team says a key player is injured or tweaked something in practice during Week 16). Heck several years ago when GB was far ahead in games the most of the entire starting team would routinely sit the 4th quarter on several occasions. It is precisely Week 16 where this kind of stuff starts to take place.

• sox9

@keephustlincuz said...

Your argument is valid. The counter arguments to that would be it’s a division game. Would it be possible that cincy just goes there and lays down and loses 35 -3? Maybe but I think they fight for a while. His usage should be crazy without boyd. Driskel has something to prove so I think he will show some heart.

The other reason is ownership. There are so many RBS is good spots. I am guessing he comes in at 9% or so.

Every year I keep wondering when Cincy will move on from Dalton

• mike42

@Brian7479 said...

If I’m looking at this right Dallas can lock up the division with a win this week right? They’ll probably look to just run Zeke down the Bucs throat?

Philly obviously needs to win, I think you gotta have some Ertz and maybe run it back with Hopkins.

Minny needs to win, I think Diggs can get it done against Slay.

Seattle needs to win. If you’re playing the night slate I’m interested to see how Seattle’s backs are priced. Could be a situation where you handcuff 2 of them against KC’s run D

Zeke should be the cash game lock high price studd at rb. Obvious bounce back spot after the obvious let down spot last week. Hopkins is basically the WR version of Zeke. Good matchup, should get a lot of tgts in a plus matchup. It’s early but those 2 seem like the best way to spend money. Has anyone mentioned foles? 4700 vs a pass funnel D. I think he may end up chalky too.

• mike42

@sox9 said...

forgetting price, which of the following, if any, do you like better than Gurley for floor or upside: Jamaal Williams, Damien Williams, Michel. Jamaal should get 20 carries+targets minimum, but in a meaningless game. Damien gets carries + targets+ GL work against a weak SEA run D, but the game is in SEA. Michel—just figure it’s a Michel type game and PATS want to get him going where game flow should also favor him.

I like Jamaal Williams a lot. GB rb’s put up big numbers when they get the whole load. KC situation requires more info. Ware was almost ready last week and KC doesn’t run a lot. SD has really strong cover guys that limited Hill and Kelce but Sea doesn’t. Those guys should eat more and KC’s rbs less this week is my best guess. Sony is an uninspiring play. Prolly gets 20 rushes, may get a 100 yds, may get a TD with a outside shot at 2 and definitely won’t get Many if any PPR points. Not a given NE wipes out BUF, may be close for most of the game. Just Meh play.

• sox9

@mike42 said...

I like Jamaal Williams a lot. GB rb’s put up big numbers when they get the whole load. KC situation requires more info. Ware was almost ready last week and KC doesn’t run a lot. SD has really strong cover guys that limited Hill and Kelce but Sea doesn’t. Those guys should eat more and KC’s rbs less this week is my best guess. Sony is an uninspiring play. Prolly gets 20 rushes, may get a 100 yds, may get a TD with a outside shot at 2 and definitely won’t get Many if any PPR points. Not a given NE wipes out BUF, may be close for most of the game. Just Meh play.

Do you like Josh Allen as a GPP play as BUF can play NE surprisngly hard sometimes or is Lamar Jackson better in that same mold vs. LAC? Other low owned QBs I like are Dak and Mayfield

• bluehaze013

@sox9 said...

Gurley could also be rested Week 17 and then have a playoff bye week after that—so maybe he does get good run this week as the RAMS fight for home field advantage and can rest him later. I get the blow-out risk w/AZ though. Won’t be overweight Gurley—but have him in several LUs, maybe a bit underweight but not much

Gurley looked beat like he couldn’t even stand up to get out of bounds on that last drive in the Eagles game. It really seems like they have been trying to rest him the last couple games but can’t afford to lose him because Goff has looked terrible when Gurley is not playing.

• mike42

@sox9 said...

They will play Mixon as long as game is competitive. M. Lewis is gone at years end, I’d assume he’s not going to be making decisions with one eye on the future. Still 2 weeks left, I’m getting the sense that may we are overreacting to players not playing or not playing as much. Week 17 is when that usually occurs, not now unless you hear otherwise.

Mark my words, their will be a couple shootouts in these meaningless games and that will be where the money is. Last weeks meaningful games sucked 24-0 and 17-10. Don’t write off the garbage games, sift through them.

• sox9

@bluehaze013 said...

Gurley looked beat like he couldn’t even stand up to get out of bounds on that last drive in the Eagles game. It really seems like they have been trying to rest him the last couple games but can’t afford to lose him because Goff has looked terrible when Gurley is not playing.

Goff has a tough matchup and has not looked good the last few games. I don’t like him vs. AZ, more is the case if Gurley is limited

• Brian7479

@sox9 said...

Do you like Josh Allen as a GPP play as BUF can play NE surprisngly hard sometimes or is Lamar Jackson better in that same mold vs. LAC? Other low owned QBs I like are Dak and Mayfield

Is Allen going to be low owned? If so I love him. I’m gonna throw Watson in some lineups and hope Philly jumps out to a 2 TD lead. If Houston actually throws a lot Watson could crush. Philly should have to throw a lot with Houston having a good run D.

@Mike if Foles ends up chalky what do you think of pivoting to Mullens in a few lineups? Chicago defense has shown some vulnerability on the road. I’m not talking much but maybe a few lineups?

• Brian7479

Also with Bryce Callahan gone Pettis might be a good play at 4300 right? Think his ownership shouldn’t be too high going against Chicago. I think he runs the most slot routes still or no?

• mike42

@Brian7479 said...

Also with Bryce Callahan gone Pettis might be a good play at 4300 right? Think his ownership shouldn’t be too high going against Chicago. I think he runs the most slot routes still or no?

If like him more than Mullen’s. 1 WR Vs the Bears has worked, opposing qb, not so much. Still early, I get a feel as week goes on but this is a letdown spot for Bears given they won the NFC and the whole team went clubbing right after the game. I’d be surprised if they played a good def game but they need to win so that’s a good thing. Maybe Trubisky, AROB and Pettis type stack Vs a pass funnel D. You always have to at least consider Cohen and Kittle too.

• deeebo

Helllooooo

• Supanice

@sox9 said...

I don’t see how the Pats stop Allen from running. They already have trouble with receiving backs because of their slow LB. On top of that, with no healthy running backs to drain clock, BUF will be playing at a blistering pace which will drive up the Pats play count as well.

• odanny

@Supanice said...

I don’t see how the Pats stop Allen from running. They already have trouble with receiving backs because of their slow LB. On top of that, with no healthy running backs to drain clock, BUF will be playing at a blistering pace which will drive up the Pats play count as well.

Belichek will force him to throw, not sure if they have a LB fast enough to cover him but expect him to be shadowed, plus their RBs are garbage.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler