1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 6.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -6.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 37.5
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 5.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 10 ) at Seattle ( -10 ) —- T: 51
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -2.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, Dec 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at Minnesota ( -4 ) —- T: 46.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Supanice

@squidkill said...

@Supanince

Hold On- its 2019 and you play season long and don’t have a blind bid auction system for Free agents? still dealing with waiver priorities?

Ive been out of the season long game about 6 years but even we had that back then. Waiver priority is a joke— it was back in 2013..

I have $0 waiver dollars left as does my opponent. That is when waiver priority comes into play.

I started winning/losing and benching studs weeks 12/13 to adjust my playoff seedings YEARS AGO.

Step your game up, 10x ROI in 4 months is a pretty insane investment.

• squidkill

lol

send me A h2h squidcity12

• deeebo

you guys like scary terry this week?

• Hoods From The Wood

Happy Thanksgiving Slate part II or as I like to call it The Kentucky Fried Chicken Saturday Slate. Game #1 will be in the lightning capital of the world where there is a 40% chance of severe thunderstorms and 60% chance Winston throws the ball more than the 39.5 att’s/game he averages. I’m figuring with 2 of the top 10 scoring offenses in the league facing 2 of more beatable pass D’s + Tampa’s ability to stop the run + Tampa’s lack of a solid run game we might see 90 pass attempts in this game. Lol Winston’s the only QB in the league you can stack with the opposing D and still be successful, tho maybe not here. 26th in the NFL in sacks and tied for 27th with only 8 Ints, Winston could spend the good part of this game in a clean pocket. The Texan D gives up the 10th most 20+yd pass completions and Jameis leads the league in attempting those type of passes so with Perriman’s speed vs a slower Texan secondary and maybe 1 or 3 of Godwin’s tgts added in, I can see a path to Breshad being the highest scoring WR on the slate. I don’t expect 3 TDs but I’ll still be chasing last weeks points. Arians said he was gonna get his RBs more involved in the passing game lol with a shortage of healthy receivers does he have a choice? Since Houston’s D has given up the 9th most fantasy points/game + most receptions to the RB position this year, it’s possible a Tampa RB will break the slate. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that I’d have a nickel. My Tampa RB dart landed on R. Jones III.
    While it might look like TB pass D is playing better, no 300 yd passer vs them in the last 5, they haven’t played a dual QB like Watson since week 10 at home vs Kyler Murray, who passed for 342. And they’re also averaging over 28 pts/game given up at home this season. And with what seems like a healthy WR corp( Fuller LP might be precautionary) and a likely lack of RB success, Houston, who I think would prefer to be a run first team (20th in pass att’s/g as opposed to 11th in rush att’s/g) probably will throw more than the 33 att’s/game Watson is averaging. This is not the time to be cute. Pay up for Nuk. IMO, the best WR in football. No one on TB will be able to stop him. I like the Duke in this game also. Last 4 weeks TB has given up 3rd most rec/RBs and since I don’t think Hyde will be able to consistently move the chains running and he has almost 0 PPR value I like Duke in a back and forth high volume passing game where I think the over is smashed. Also he might be a lower owned player on a small slate where being contrary might be a bit difficult

• squidkill

Nobody is talking about the major DL/OL mismatch in that TB/HOU game-
    TB DL is going to steamroll the Hou OL. This will lead Watson to be hurried and erratic.

Fuller/Stills may need more time to get open- TB did this vs Atlanta when they had the DL/OL advantage as well.

• Supanice

@squidkill said...

lol

send me A h2h squidcity12

Sent.

• ifthethunder

@squidkill said...

TB DL is going to steamroll the Hou OL. This will lead Watson to be hurried and erratic.

Fuller/Stills may need more time to get open- TB did this vs Atlanta when they had the DL/OL advantage as well.

I’ve just been thinking about the main slate on Sunday is my excuse. I even forgot that I already made a base Saturday lineup. Anyways, now I remember…RB is such a mess.
    ~

• squidkill

I think you play Singletary and SF running backs— sprinkle in a little Gurley, White

• ifthethunder

@squidkill said...

I think you play Singletary and SF running backs— sprinkle in a little Gurley, White

I was just checking to see what SF got back in terms of their injured D players. Richard Sherman and K’Wuan Williams are practicing, but it sounds like Dee Ford will be out. So some hope for Gurley there.

49ers are such a committee, but I guess Raheem Mostert is the main guy.
    ~

• ifthethunder

Also, chalk Breshad Perriman is just so gross. I can hardly believe I typed those three words consecutively.
    ~

• BIF

@Supanice said...

Just seeing these mega millionaire Qs.. ok now I’m excited.

I have zero interest in those as I don’t want to play a $5300 entry Showdown for the Super Bowl – I don’t really want to play a $10 Showdown either 🙄

• Hoods From The Wood

In what I“m gonna call “an end of an era game”, the Patriots domination of the AFC East begins to end this weekend in of all places, Foxboro. Even though their D stifled the Bengal offense( an oxymoron if ever there was one), they showed they can be scored on(and beaten) vs possible playoff match-ups, KC and Houston. I get the week 4 game was in Buffalo but it was one of the, if not the worst game of Brady’s HOF career. Lol when was the last time DK had Brady as the lowest priced QB on any slate, like he is on this one. Maybe they know something. In his last 7 games he’s had 1 good half. I’ll be firing up the Bill D vs Brady and Father Time on Saturday. I’m gonna go out on a limb and call a pick-6 vs Tom (not as) Terrific. With one of the arcs on his circle of trust limping badly, I’m guessing the road to a NE win will be success on the ground. Bills stack the box less than any team in the league, almost daring you to run. Just not sure the Pats do it well enough this week. Seems like Buffalo’s run D is getting better as the season progresses, their last 5 very strong vs the RB, Dallas and Baltimore part of that stretch.
    Doesn’t look like Allen will be able to throw with much success, like NE the Bills path to victory will need some groundwork. Outside of Gurley on this slate, no RB gets the volume of rushes/tgts Singletary gets. In a small sample size, the last 4 weeks the Pats have given up the 5th most catches to RBs, and if old man Gore can run for over 100 against them, I’ll take Devin for 100+ yds, 3-4 catches and a TD. If I had to pick a Bill WR, I’m not but if I had to, I’d take Beasley in the slot, IMO the best of the bad match-ups the Bills passing game will face, he’s having solid year.

• Hoods From The Wood

@squidkill said...

Tampa doesn’t seem to sack well at home. In 6 home games more than 2 sacks just once. 2 sacks vs Carolina(2nd most sacked QBs) and 2 vs Arizona(5th most sacked QBs) at home. Don’t be a knucklehead with your TB/Atl reference, Ryan not near the mobile QB Watson is and Houston is playing for something while the Falcons season was already in the toilet when they played in week 12. Week 16, have we learned nothing?

• squidkill

“”“In what I“m gonna call “an end of an era game”, the Patriots domination of the AFC East begins to end this weekend in of all places, Foxboro”“”

I AGREE I’m taking the Bills this week- However—-

Patriots win the AFC east with a win vs the Bills OR Dolphins-
    So if they win the division again it can’t be the end of the AFC EAST DOMINATION? yes ? No?
    I’m talking division only- They would have to lose their last 2 games to lose the division.

• draarona

This might be more of a conversation for next week but as I dont have time to do personal research (as i get all my info from this site and this very informative forum)…. does anybody know off hand which players need particular stats, yards, TDs and such to get their incentives, bonuses or records for the year? There are always a handful that are going for records or contract incentive bonuses and they are always good narrative plays this time of year. save for Gronk a couple years ago who screwed me in that situation.

• Hoods From The Wood

@squidkill said...

So if they win the division again it can’t be the end of the AFC EAST DOMINATION? yes ? No?

“the Patriots domination of the AFC East begins to end this weekend”. Lol Begins to end, Begins. Tho Bills victory this week would be good sweat for the Pats next week lol. Imagine staring down at a meaningful week 17 game at Foxboro vs the nothing to lose Dolphins with a sputtering Brady. Almost as unheard of as Brady lower priced on a slate than his former back-up

• squidkill

Ive been saying for WEEKS that this offense is CRAP- Weeks- They will not be able to transform on Offense like they did last year- No Devlin, No Andrews, No Gronk (3 key guys that vaulted the run game at the end of last year) plus Edelman is broken- How they are 6 /6.5 favorites is mind boggling to me. Only way is the defense and special teams totally dominate.

• 808state

@Hoods From The Wood said...

In what I“m gonna call “an end of an era game”, the Patriots domination of the AFC East begins to end this weekend in of all places, Foxboro. Even though their D stifled the Bengal offense( an oxymoron if ever there was one), they showed they can be scored on(and beaten) vs possible playoff match-ups, KC and Houston. I get the week 4 game was in Buffalo but it was one of the, if not the worst game of Brady’s HOF career. Lol when was the last time DK had Brady as the lowest priced QB on any slate, like he is on this one. Maybe they know something. In his last 7 games he’s had 1 good half. I’ll be firing up the Bill D vs Brady and Father Time on Saturday. I’m gonna go out on a limb and call a pick-6 vs Tom (not as) Terrific. With one of the arcs on his circle of trust limping badly, I’m guessing the road to a NE win will be success on the ground. Bills stack the box less than any team in the league, almost daring you to run. Just not sure the Pats do it well enough this week. Seems like Buffalo’s run D is getting better as the season progresses, their last 5 very strong vs the RB, Dallas and Baltimore part of that stretch.
    Doesn’t look like Allen will be able to throw with much success, like NE the Bills path to victory will need some groundwork. Outside of Gurley on this slate, no RB gets the volume of rushes/tgts Singletary gets. In a small sample size, the last 4 weeks the Pats have given up the 5th most catches to RBs, and if old man Gore can run for over 100 against them, I’ll take Devin for 100+ yds, 3-4 catches and a TD. If I had to pick a Bill WR, I’m not but if I had to, I’d take Beasley in the slot, IMO the best of the bad match-ups the Bills passing game will face, he’s having solid year.

The more likely scenario is that the Ravens and Chiefs both choke out and the Patriots lock up the #1 by beating two crappy teams. Then the playoffs roll around and the Patriots put a spanking on the overrated bums (Chiefs, Ravens, etc.) en route to another Super Bowl appearance. In the Super Bowl they meet the king of chokers Shanahan and Brady goes out on top beating the 49ers as the ultimate revenge for not drafting him. Then Brady retires.

That would be way more interesting than featuring the Bills IMO.

• squidkill

@808state

I’d like to take a poke of whatever you are smoking in your avatar.

• Hoods From The Wood

@808state said...

The more likely scenario is that the Ravens and Chiefs both choke out and the Patriots lock up the #1 by beating two crappy teams. Then the playoffs roll around and the Patriots put a spanking on the overrated bums (Chiefs, Ravens, etc.) en route to another Super Bowl appearance. In the Super Bowl they meet the king of chokers Shanahan and Brady goes out on top beating the 49ers as the ultimate revenge for not drafting him. Then Brady retires.

That would be way more interesting than featuring the Bills IMO.

So I’m guessing you live near a dispensary? You forgot the ending “and they lived happily ever after”. That’s how all bed-time stories end. You better hope they beat the Bills. If not and KC wins Chiefs become the front runner for the 2nd bye and NE has to play the wildcard round. The road to the Super Bowl will not go thru Foxboro this season

• JustDFSin

Lock in Michael Thomas this week. He should be the lock of the week. He needs 10 receptions to tie the all time single season record and 11 to break it

• 808state

Patriots with Brady are 31-3 against the Bills all time. Patriots with Brady haven’t lost against the Dolphins at home since 2006.

• S7ubs

@808state said...

Patriots with Brady are 31-3 against the Bills all time. Patriots with Brady haven’t lost against the Dolphins at home since 2006.

And this Brady is not the same Brady. I agree that Pats aren’t losing the division. Well probably club the bills too. However, calling the chiefs and ravens overrated is pretty ironic.

• deeebo

is Keenan Allen a solid play this week? Or do you guys like Parker better? LAC going against Oakland secondary ..not sure where to look on FD for wrs but Keenan is looking nice. thoughts on sutton as well?

• casey2884

@draarona said...

This might be more of a conversation for next week but as I dont have time to do personal research (as i get all my info from this site and this very informative forum)…. does anybody know off hand which players need particular stats, yards, TDs and such to get their incentives, bonuses or records for the year? There are always a handful that are going for records or contract incentive bonuses and they are always good narrative plays this time of year. save for Gronk a couple years ago who screwed me in that situation.

John Daigle’s Waiver column on Rotoworld – good stuff – everything you’d want to know and more re: motivations at end of season https://www.rotoworld.com/article/waiver-wired/waiver-wire-week-16-2

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler