1:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at NY Giants ( -3.5 ) —- T: 52
    1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -10 ) at Cleveland ( 10 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 4.5 ) at Arizona ( -4.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : St Louis ( -3.5 ) at San Francisco ( 3.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at Kansas City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Diego ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10.5 ) at Carolina ( -10.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Green Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 48

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Zcthegreat_Nation

Jennings will have 15+ touches for someone less than 4K and your calling me crazy for bringing it up….ok

• Zcthegreat_Nation

@mavven77 said...

A big shout out to the first person who can tell me why the Giants/Eagles game has meaning to it this week? There is a reason… I want to know how savvy some of you sharks are! Forgive me if it has been mentioned already!

Is it because loser has to play a game in London next year?

• mavven77

@Zcthegreat_Nation said...

Is it because loser has to play a game in London next year?

DING DING DING!!! You my friend will win money this weekend :)

• fpm2015

@clarnzz said...

What if everyone is onto your plot? And instead of posting what they see as “good advice” are actually posting the opposite just to mess with your head. Good luck week 17 sir!

I doubt that. do you ever come in this forum on any given sunday? People are crying like little girls telling everyone there day is over already at 2pm

• fpm2015

@JTreadway said...

What if he means the advice is full of awe…

full of awe shucks

• clatrndzl

is Josh Freeman going to be added to FD and DK??

• Zcthegreat_Nation

@mavven77 said...

DING DING DING!!! You my friend will win money this weekend :)

Now I’m feeling confident with Jennings, done with lineups until Sunday as I watch them cash ;)

• JTreadway

Stafford put up numbers against chicago with arguably the worst o.c. that has ever held the position a full 24 games. I’m not sure I can fade him even though I’m a lions fan and absolutely hate playing any of them.

• Richebee

I can’t seem to stop putting fat Eddie in some of my lineups

• FunkyColdModella

Stephen Jackson FTW……..

• GGee87

@Richebee said...

I’ve eyeballed him several times… I’m just not confident in his abilities as a RB enough to pull the trigger.

• charlitosway

Could use some advice.

So many cheap defenses in a good spot – you know one of them (at least) is going to pop off for 20 pts and be a game changer in standings in terms of pts/dollar. I am brutal at picking D/ST. When I pay up (Sea) they have an off game, when I gamble on cheap D versus a backup – they end up making the backup look like Tom Brady. Which D do you guys think will be the most likely to get a defensive score or at least multiple turnovers to lock in some points at least even if the other team manages a few garbage time scores:

Pit – versus Austen Davis
    Dal – at home versus backups of Was
    Ten – versus somebody off the street – possibly Freeman who had like 10 INTs in his last start
    SF – at home to Case Keenum

Or do you pay up for great defenses at home: Cinci vs Bal or Car vs TB or Den vs SD?

I think with more consistent D/ST picks – I would have increased my winnings on the season by a considerable amount. Maybe that’s elementary to most, but as a first season player – honestly didn’t put enough research or time in to it and paid for it (literally).

Thanks,

• Dome92

@charlitosway said...

Could use some advice.

So many cheap defenses in a good spot – you know one of them (at least) is going to pop off for 20 pts and be a game changer in standings in terms of pts/dollar. I am brutal at picking D/ST. When I pay up (Sea) they have an off game, when I gamble on cheap D versus a backup – they end up making the backup look like Tom Brady. Which D do you guys think will be the most likely to get a defensive score or at least multiple turnovers to lock in some points at least even if the other team manages a few garbage time scores:

Ten – versus somebody off the street – possibly Freeman who had like 10 INTs in his last start

Or do you pay up for great defenses at home: Cinci vs Bal or Car vs TB or Den vs SD?

I think with more consistent D/ST picks – I would have increased my winnings on the season by a considerable amount. Maybe that’s elementary to most, but as a first season player – honestly didn’t put enough research or time in to it and paid for it (literally).

Thanks,

IMO I like the colts or Denvers D this week

• sizzlebeans

@Richebee said...

Oh good! I thought I was the only one :D

• Linsanity88

@charlitosway said...

Could use some advice.

Thanks,

Look for home favorites where the opposing team has a low implied total (20 points or less). Candidates this week are:

CIN (VS. BAL) – The Bengals are currently 9 point favorites with an O/U of 41.5, so the Ravens have an implied total of just 16.25 (2nd lowest of the week). Cincy can get a 1st round bye if they win and the Broncos lose, so they’ll play their starters for the whole game. Baltimore is starting Ryan Mallett at QB and has only scored 53 points total over their past 4 games. They aren’t cheap, but they aren’t crazy expensive on DK either ($3300).

HOU (VS. JAX) – Houston is favored by 6 with a total of 45.5, so the Jags are projected to put up 19.75 points. Jacksonville has been good on offense this year but has gotten off to some slow starts (see last week against the Saints or even 3 weeks ago against the Colts, even though they ended up putting 51 on the board). At the same price, I’d just go with Cincy instead on DraftKings.

IND (VS. TEN) – The Colts are 6 point favorites with an O/U of 41.5, leaving the Titans with an implied team total of a measly 17.75 points. Tennessee has Zach Mettenberger starting at QB and has put up just 30 points in their last 3 games. Indy’s a pretty good value at just $2400 on DK.

DAL (VS. WAS) – This game has the second-lowest total of the week at just 39.5 points with the Cowboys favored by 3.5. That leaves the Redskins with an implied total of just 18 as they may rest their starters since they don’t have anything to play for with the #4 seed in the NFC already locked up. The Cowboys are cheap at $2100 on DK but don’t force many TOs, which limits their ceiling.

CAR (VS. TAM) – The Panthers are big 10.5 point favorites in a game with a 46 point O/U, giving the Bucs an implied total of 17.75. Carolina needs to win to secure home field advantage and should be fired up after losing their first game of the year to the Falcons last week. Tampa has scored 23 or fewer points in 5 straight and the Panthers allow an average of just 17.7 PPG at home. They’re $3600 on DK, which probably is a tad too high with the Bengals having a similar projection at a $300 discount.

KC (VS. OAK) – This one has a 43.5 O/U and the Chiefs are favored by a touchdown, giving the Raiders an implied total of 18.25. Oakland has scored 24 or fewer points in 7 straight, and KC has held opponents to 22 or fewer points in 11 straight. The Chiefs are tied for most expensive on DK at $4k though, so I’d hesitate to use them since you can get similar points for cheaper and use that money to pay up at other positions IMO.

DEN (VS. SD) – San Diego has the lowest implied total of the week at 16 points (Denver favored by 9 with a 41 O/U). The Chargers put up just 3 points against the Broncos in Week 13 (Denver had 23 DK points in that game). Other than that game, though, the Broncos have put up single-digit DK points in 7 of their last 8, so as the most expensive defense on DK, I’m passing on them.

The one other home defense that I’d take a look at that doesn’t fit are the Cardinals. They’re favored by 6.5 with an O/U of 47, so the Seahawks have an implied total of 20.25 against them. Seattle’s offense looked out of it against the Rams last week and the Cards D is on a roll lately. Arizona also averages 12.9 DK PPG at home this year. At $3300, people will probably pass on them in favor of Cincy or Houston in GPPs, so they’re a nice pivot with a ton of upside.

As far as road defenses go, I don’t really trust the Steelers and they aren’t that cheap at $3500. I do really like the Rams at $3k. That game has the lowest O/U of the week at the 49ers have just a 17 implied team total. Think Gurley + STL D is a nice GPP stack this week.

Personally, I’m likely to either look at the Bengals, Cardinals or Rams on most of my GPP lineups, or go down to the Colts for salary relief.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Yeah I like the stars on the teams who have nothing to play for this week.

• keithj31216

@Linsanity88 said...

Look for home favorites where the opposing team has a low implied total (20 points or less). Candidates this week are:

CIN (VS. BAL) – The Bengals are currently 9 point favorites with an O/U of 41.5, so the Ravens have an implied total of just 16.25 (2nd lowest of the week). Cincy can get a 1st round bye if they win and the Broncos lose, so they’ll play their starters for the whole game. Baltimore is starting Ryan Mallett at QB and has only scored 53 points total over their past 4 games. They aren’t cheap, but they aren’t crazy expensive on DK either ($3300).

HOU (VS. JAX) – Houston is favored by 6 with a total of 45.5, so the Jags are projected to put up 19.75 points. Jacksonville has been good on offense this year but has gotten off to some slow starts (see last week against the Saints or even 3 weeks ago against the Colts, even though they ended up putting 51 on the board). At the same price, I’d just go with Cincy instead on DraftKings.

IND (VS. TEN) – The Colts are 6 point favorites with an O/U of 41.5, leaving the Titans with an implied team total of a measly 17.75 points. Tennessee has Zach Mettenberger starting at QB and has put up just 30 points in their last 3 games. Indy’s a pretty good value at just $2400 on DK.

DAL (VS. WAS) – This game has the second-lowest total of the week at just 39.5 points with the Cowboys favored by 3.5. That leaves the Redskins with an implied total of just 18 as they may rest their starters since they don’t have anything to play for with the #4 seed in the NFC already locked up. The Cowboys are cheap at $2100 on DK but don’t force many TOs, which limits their ceiling.

CAR (VS. TAM) – The Panthers are big 10.5 point favorites in a game with a 46 point O/U, giving the Bucs an implied total of 17.75. Carolina needs to win to secure home field advantage and should be fired up after losing their first game of the year to the Falcons last week. Tampa has scored 23 or fewer points in 5 straight and the Panthers allow an average of just 17.7 PPG at home. They’re $3600 on DK, which probably is a tad too high with the Bengals having a similar projection at a $300 discount.

KC (VS. OAK) – This one has a 43.5 O/U and the Chiefs are favored by a touchdown, giving the Raiders an implied total of 18.25. Oakland has scored 24 or fewer points in 7 straight, and KC has held opponents to 22 or fewer points in 11 straight. The Chiefs are tied for most expensive on DK at $4k though, so I’d hesitate to use them since you can get similar points for cheaper and use that money to pay up at other positions IMO.

DEN (VS. SD) – San Diego has the lowest implied total of the week at 16 points (Denver favored by 9 with a 41 O/U). The Chargers put up just 3 points against the Broncos in Week 13 (Denver had 23 DK points in that game). Other than that game, though, the Broncos have put up single-digit DK points in 7 of their last 8, so as the most expensive defense on DK, I’m passing on them.

The one other home defense that I’d take a look at that doesn’t fit are the Cardinals. They’re favored by 6.5 with an O/U of 47, so the Seahawks have an implied total of 20.25 against them. Seattle’s offense looked out of it against the Rams last week and the Cards D is on a roll lately. Arizona also averages 12.9 DK PPG at home this year. At $3300, people will probably pass on them in favor of Cincy or Houston in GPPs, so they’re a nice pivot with a ton of upside.

As far as road defenses go, I don’t really trust the Steelers and they aren’t that cheap at $3500. I do really like the Rams at $3k. That game has the lowest O/U of the week at the 49ers have just a 17 implied team total. Think Gurley + STL D is a nice GPP stack this week.

Personally, I’m likely to either look at the Bengals, Cardinals or Rams on most of my GPP lineups, or go down to the Colts for salary relief.

I wasn’t the one who asked the question, but this is some really sound advice! Thank you for taking the time to put this out there.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Linsanity88 said...

No love for the Pats? The Dolphins just seem prove to turning the ball over and giving up big plays to the D.

• inkognegro

pride

• moshei24

Rams/Colts & Jennings or Broncos & Z. Miller for cash games?

• thenatural91

I’m a cheap d guy most the time..Rollin Colts and cowboys.

• moshei24

Kearse, Marshall, and Cam OR Julio, Ryan, and Jennings. In cash games. I already have the Julio, Ryan, and Jennings combo is half my cash lineups, and I’m debating if it’s worth hedging with the other combo in my other half of lineups, but I’m really unsure if this is a week where it’s worth going two lineups (I’ve won two lineups each of the last five weeks, which is why I kinda want to put out a second one, but I’m not sure).

This is on a two-QB site.

Also, what do people think about fading Julio? I’m definitely fading him in some GPP’s b/c Freeman is in a better spot, but with all of the record-breaking storyline and Julio getting hot lately, I don’t know.

• zpa1989

anyone considering ivory with powell now considered doubtful?

• dharden11

Thought on a super punt with tolbert and hoping for a td?

• notfast1

Love Jets WR, OBJ, Jennings, Artis-Payne, Sproles

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).