1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Miami ( 7.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 55.5
    1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Pittsburgh ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( -6.5 ) at Los Angeles ( 6.5 ) —- T: 40.5
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -8.5 ) at San Francisco ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Ipt007

Weighing the Freeman option too. If they get up, you think their going to grind with Freeman? Tough call. They’re in the playoffs already. I know Brees has a great history vs ATL, but I think this game is a blowout and Coleman gets some good looks. Coleman and ATL def my favs so far.

• stackbundy88

@kipboggins said...

I’m going to put 5 teams in Milly this week and so far Freeman is on every team.

Can someone take me off him?

I just feel he is the play of the week.

Well for starters he only gets like 60% of the snaps. NO run D is pretty #good. He is fairly pricey as well.

• kipboggins

I think that Home/Road split as weird as it sounds for Coleman and Freeman is true. You play Freeman at home and Coleman on the road.

I don’t think ATL will blow New Orleans out so I feel Freeman is the best option IMO and they will keep feeding him the ball because they want this win so bad so they can get the first round bye.

• CleverGroom

@kipboggins said...

I’m going to put 5 teams in Milly this week and so far Freeman is on every team.

Can someone take me off him?

I just feel he is the play of the week.

The Saints are good against the run. That’s it, that’s the reason. They’ve allowed 88.6 YPG since Sheldon Rankins joined the active roster. 6 rushing TDs over that span, which works out to 0.75 per game. It’s not a defense you want to go out of your way to pick on. Especially not if Drew Brees manages to score early—entirely possible against the Falcons defense—and game script gets away from Freeman.

Freeman’s had three standout games this year: SF, KC, and NO. SF is terrible against the run. KC is a reverse funnel defense that’s much stronger against the pass than it is against the run. NO he had perfect game script from the first quarter onward, and Rankins hadn’t yet turned their season around in terms of run stuffing.

You can read into Freeman’s home/road splits and decide that that’s the story, but the story could just as easily be that he’s good against bad run defenses, and struggles to hit value against better ones. He didn’t even do the lion’s share of the work against Denver, despite getting the vast majority of the opportunities. NO could easily hem him in with the toughness they’ve shown up front ever since Rankins joined the lineup.

Especially if you can use the salary dollars elsewhere, I think Freeman’s perfectly fadeable—especially in GPPs. There’s a ton of options at RB this week.

• kipboggins

@stackbundy88 said...

Well for starters he only gets like 60% of the snaps. NO run D is pretty #good. He is fairly pricey as well.

Ya but I feel its just like the week after ATL played LA and Coleman went off. They go back home, everyone is off Freeman and BOOM he goes off.

I just feel that game script is calling his name this week.

• CleverGroom

@Therec said...

So with Theo Riddick officially declared out, I wonder if Zenner is viable in GPP or cash, or if they’ll have to abandon him again like they did against the Cowboys.

They shouldn’t have abandoned him against the Cowboys. They probably will again, though, if it comes to that. I think it will. Tough to trust Zenner under the circumstances.

• kdsdawg

on DK, why would you pay the minimum for Manuel when for $200 more you can have Sam Bradford?
    I think it will be a shootout in the dome
    Bortles is another in a shootout in a dome for $5600
    both allow for studs across the board

• Therec

@CleverGroom said...

They shouldn’t have abandoned him against the Cowboys. They probably will again, though, if it comes to that. I think it will. Tough to trust Zenner under the circumstances.

Yeah I feel the same way. Instead I’m staring down minimum-priced DeAngelo Williams and wishing I knew more about his split on Sunday with Fitzgerald Toussaint

• CleverGroom

@Therec said...

Yeah I feel the same way. Instead I’m staring down minimum-priced DeAngelo Williams and wishing I knew more about his split on Sunday with Fitzgerald Toussaint

I’m pretty much assuming they’ll split it 50/50 or so. I’d rather get a third of the Raiders backfield with their starting linemen and something to play for than half of the Steelers backfield with linemen resting. Don’t think we’ll get any more clarity on the Pittsburgh situation before game time.

• kdsdawg

@Therec said...

I don’t know how much I would play Williams, coming off an injury, a game they don’t need, but they do need him if some thing happens to Bell in the playoffs
    maybe give him a few carries to ease him back but I think they will ride Toussaint

• kipboggins

Anyone going to take a flyer on Collins?

I know Rawls is suppose to play but how many touches are we expecting?

I know Seattle Offensive line can’t block anyone but this is the 49ers we’re taling about here….

• jteneyck1990

@CleverGroom said...

I don’t know which one of these backs will crush. Could be two or three. All I know is that the bar is lower for Washington and Richard because of their salaries, they’ll all see work if they’re all active, and I want exposure to all of them if I’m playing enough lineups.

a

• parrothead112

Jordan Howard over Freeman then?

• kdsdawg

do your own research, there is nothing wrong with taking Freeman, don’t let someone talk you off what you perceive as a good play..I will have some shares for sure

• Linsanity88

@kipboggins said...

Anyone going to take a flyer on Collins?

I know Rawls is suppose to play but how many touches are we expecting?

I know Seattle Offensive line can’t block anyone but this is the 49ers we’re taling about here….

Alex Collins is terrible at football, but if you want to roster him, be my guest.

• thatkid500

@kdsdawg said...

do your own research, there is nothing wrong with taking Freeman, don’t let someone talk you off what you perceive as a good play..I will have some shares for sure

Yes, Saints are better vs the run. But you are gonna need a piece of that Falcons Offense.

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

The Saints are good against the run. That’s it, that’s the reason.

Are you not playing Freeman? I assume you’re not taking any piece of a top 10 all time scoring offense, at home, as 7 point favorites? I’m targeting Freeman as a lock in my cash lineups

• AVivier

With Romo playing a few series, does this mean Dez plays the entire game? I don’t see them giving reps to Romo without him?

• Dadeano860

@AVivier said...

With Romo playing a few series, does this mean Dez plays the entire game? I don’t see them giving reps to Romo without him?

Why not? I think they have some experience playing together

• ASitar

Someone that no ones talking about that is going to get (possibly) double digit targets, is $3400 on DK, and will prob be in the top LUs is Paul Richardson. Pairing him with JJ Nelson allows you to put together the QB, stud RB, stud WR, and stud TE you want.

• AVivier

@Dadeano860 said...

Why not? I think they have some experience playing together

Same reason he’s getting snaps in the first place. If it’s for real game time snaps, I don’t see the point of going through without what he’d be playing with. If it’s to showcase him, they aren’t going to put him in a bad spot like that.

• Dadeano860

@AVivier said...

Same reason he’s getting snaps in the first place. If it’s for real game time snaps, I don’t see the point of going through without what he’d be playing with. If it’s to showcase him, they aren’t going to put him in a bad spot like that.

This discussion really isn’t pertinent to dfs but there is no need to showcase Romo. A half dozen teams will be fighting over him this offseason. Its really just to get him some game speed reps if he’s needed in the playoffs.

• AVivier

@Dadeano860 said...

This discussion really isn’t pertinent to dfs but there is no need to showcase Romo. A half dozen teams will be fighting over him this offseason. Its really just to get him some game speed reps if he’s needed in the playoffs.

I couldn’t care less about Dallas, just looking/giving thoughts on Dez and his 6.2k price tag on DK. He had 27.4 points last week, going against the 29th ranked D against WRs this week. His playing time is worth discussion.

• Dadeano860

@AVivier said...

I couldn’t care less about Dallas, just looking/giving thoughts on Dez and his 6.2k price tag on DK. He had 27.4 points last week, going against the 29th ranked D against WRs this week. His playing time is worth discussion.

Oh. Dez isn’t on my list at all, I’ve ruled out all Dallas offensive players. Maybeeee McFadden would be my only gpp flier.

• sliceman11

@ASitar said...

Someone that no ones talking about that is going to get (possibly) double digit targets, is $3400 on DK, and will prob be in the top LUs is Paul Richardson. Pairing him with JJ Nelson allows you to put together the QB, stud RB, stud WR, and stud TE you want.

I had my eye on him. But with possible rain and the seahawks most likely getting ahead early, I can’t see a real reason they will have to throw a bunch.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).