1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Miami ( 7.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 55.5
    1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Pittsburgh ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( -6.5 ) at Los Angeles ( 6.5 ) —- T: 40.5
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -8.5 ) at San Francisco ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• satchmo77

@AVivier said...

Are there any arguments against Latavius Murray? 34.7 DKPs last time they played Denver.

This time around, they have no QB against elite corners and Denvers entire interior is shattered garbage. And it’s a super important game for Oakland, they could end up 1st, 2nd or 5th depending on outcomes this week.

personally i think they are gonna have trouble sustaining drives with MM at the helm. Derek carr really opens up that run game bc his skill set. I think raiders will be stagnant and denver defense will play for pride.

• kdsdawg

@satchmo77 said...

personally i think they are gonna have trouble sustaining drives with MM at the helm. Derek carr really opens up that run game bc his skill set. I think raiders will be stagnant and denver defense will play for pride.

not to mention Oakland’s RBBC going on right now

• satchmo77

yeah, i dont think hes a strong play, especially with all the value opening up at rb.

• stackbundy88

I think Isaiah Crowell is a nice GPP play. Some reverse line movement in favor of Cleveland. Pitt should be resting some of their defensive starts. Crowell is an UFA at the end of the season. Good time to pad the stats.

• bolu

@Dadeano860 said...

Colts – Jags defense is coming along, I am not eager to roster Luck. Who knows how the Colts will handle this game, if they were smart, they’d sit Luck all together, but being a home game he should play at least half.

Don’t worry about Luck’s playing time.

• gillio

First time playing on FanDuel this weekend. Would you guys go with

Deangelo Williams or
    Johnson/Jordy/Thielen or
    Johnson/TY/Edelman

Thanks in advance

• bolu

@Johnnyplayer said...

Teams I believe will be playing all starters

Green Bay
    Detroit
    New England
    Kansas City
    Oakland
    Tampa bay
    Atlanta (not sure how many snaps julio will get though)
    Miami ( to a certain extent. They are looking to move up one seed)
    Washington (up until they are ahead by ??? Points)
    Seattle (they will start everyone and then keep an eye on Atlanta game to determine if they rest starters, assuming they are winning

Teams that will be resting some starters
    Houston
    Washington
    Dallas
    Pittsburgh
    Giants

Teams that are out of playoffs. I would imagine most will play their starters, Especially the home teams, for the fans sake. Others will play the starters just to be the spoiler of a team in playoffs

Baltimore/Cincinnati – Probably Steve Smith last game. Would expect Flacco to target him a lot
    Tennessee – Jacksonville/Indianapolis
    Chicago/Minnesota
    Buffalo/Jets
    philadelphia – playing 2nd string dallas
    Carolina
    Tennessee
    Cleveland – playing 2nd string Pittsburgh
    Denver – will probably play all starters, at home for the fans against new Oak QB).
    Arizona/LARM
    San diego – home team hoping to spoil KC’s chances and get Antonio at least 1 TD, if not 2. KC D does well against TE though
    San Francisco

Thoughts?

Pete Carroll doesn’t rest guys much unless it’s a blowout. They played their guys last year like it was a regular game even though they were locked in to a seed. This year they can still get a bye. A normal NFL coach won’t rest players if Atlanta is only up by 8 in the fourth with 5 minutes to play, and this is Pete Carroll we’re talking about.
    As for Washington resting when they’re “ahead by ??? points”, I expect them to treat it like a normal game. I don’t think Week 17 will lead them to pull starters any earlier than they usually do in blowouts.

• Dadeano860

What if Green Bay and Detroit agreed to kneel the ball for 75 minutes? That would be cool. Both would get in and no one would get hurt except for dfs players, Washington and the integrity of the game

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

Are there any arguments against Latavius Murray? 34.7 DKPs last time they played Denver.

The problem is that DeAndre Washington has been back the last couple weeks. There was a four-game period after Denver where he had 6 snaps and 1 touch (combined). The last two weeks he’s had 35 snaps, 19 touches, and turned it into 151 yards and 2 TDs.

It’s a little hard to write off Latavius Murray on that basis, because he was in a three-way timeshare against Denver the first time. He got 43 snaps and 21 touches to 21/10 for Jalen Richard and 18/11 for Washington—e.g., pretty much a 50% market share. He’s been lower than 50% over the last couple games combined, mostly because Washington had so much work last game, and he actually produced 12-99-2 to Latavius’s 15-40-0 rushing line.

This is just one of those situations where I feel like they’re all worth owning, so unless you’re mass multi-entering, it may be that none of them are worth owning.

• kipboggins

I was really liking Stafford this week w/ stack of him and Tate, nelson…

Then I heard that ever since Stafford hurt his finger, he has zero TDs and 4 INTs in those 10 quarters

If Riddick doesn’t play, I“ll have Tate but if Riddick is in I think I’m avoiding all Det players.

• ssilberman2012

@bolu said...

Don’t worry about Luck’s playing time.

I am very worried about Luck’s playing time. What do they have to gain?

And Isiah Crowell…big on him. Only 200 yards away from a 1,000 yard season!

• stackbundy88

@kipboggins said...

Then I heard that ever since Stafford hurt his finger, he has zero TDs and 4 INTs in those 10 quarters

If Riddick doesn’t play, I“ll have Tate but if Riddick is in I think I’m avoiding all Det players.

Stafford may have to go complete DGAF when they are down early. Can pretty much kiss his low ADOT goodbye and say hello to Marvin Jones.

• stackbundy88

@ssilberman2012 said...

And Isiah Crowell…big on him. Only 200 yards away from a 1,000 yard season!

I have a slight interest as well. The problem with him not receiving many carries all season was game script. He got 16 carries in an OK game script situation last week. This week should be even better with a defense that is likely to miss all their key starters.

• Fazool

@kipboggins said...

I wouldn’t touch him in cash be he could be a low owned tourney play.

• kdsdawg

Rotoworld reports that McFadden will get most of the snaps Sunday..hmmm

• kipboggins

@ssilberman2012 said...

Not to mention the Jags Secondary is LEGIT.

I was a big TY fan but then heard Ramsey may shadow him even in the Slot so I’m off him as much as it hurts me.

Sneaky play so far I like is Ertz. Dallas has nothing to play for we all know that, but Eagles would love a big win and momentum carrying to off season.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

dumpster fire

Bills at Jets: I’ve definitely got my eye on Brandon Wilds. Scott Barrett had a great Tweet earlier that the top five full PPR RBs last Week 17 were Rashad Jennings, DuJuan Harris, Tim Hightower, Ronnie Hillman, and Jonathan Grimes. It’s time to expect the unexpected. I think the next guys on my list from this game would be Charles Clay, Robert Woods, and E.J. Manuel. Thin stuff.

Texans at Titans: If there’s anybody I want here, it’s Will Fuller and possibly Derrick Henry. DeAndre Hopkins is still too expensive for me to justify. Last year was last year.

Ravens at Bengals: I have some interest in Steve Smith, but I respect the Bengals secondary. People who rostered Nuk last week should have too. Kenneth Dixon is the main guy who interests me here, plus Rex Burkhead. Doesn’t sound like Hill will play. They threw to RBs a ton in the first game in this series, which would be nice if you could capture it with Rex.

Jaguars at Colts: Like Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson quite a bit. Chis Ivory is super intriguing too, although I worry about that hammy injury. It might be nice if Ivory was ruled out and we could just take stone minimum fliers on Corey Grant. He had 9 carries and 3 targets last week against a much tougher defense, playing in relief of Ivory.

Cowboys at Eagles: If Alfred Morris is active, it’s tough for me to play any of Dallas’s RBs. If he’s out, Darren McFadden becomes somewhat interesting. Brice Butler is a guy who’s kind of in that sweet spot of always getting some first-team reps, but still fresh and more likely to play a full game. Zach Ertz is probably too expensive, or I’d be interested in him. Darren Sproles is the only first-team RB left. They’re probably going to call up Terrell Watson from the practice squad. Could leave a huge role for Sproles.

Bears at Vikings: I’m still not getting back on the Alshon Jeffery Death Train. Minnesota’s better than they showed and I have to assume that the mutineers will be flogged and returned to their places. Cameron Meredith has the sweet spot going against Minnesota in the slot, and Jordan Howard should be a good play too. Minnesota DST is in a nice spot too if Barkley keeps going hard in the paint with his INTs. Adam Thielen clearly feels like a chase at this point, and Sam Bradford probably isn’t worth playing over someone like Bortles.

Panthers at Buccaneers: Greg Olsen isn’t practicing. The piece I’d want from Carolina, if any, would actually be Kelvin Benjamin. His salary’s starting to come back to earth, Funchess is on IR, he draws Hargreaves in coverage, and he actually put up a halfway respectable game against the Falcons. Should be low-owned now that everybody’s mourned him and moved on.

I won’t be rostering Mike Evans. Carolina’s secondary has improved a lot since the game where they literally had nobody covering Evans on a third and long when he was the only receiver on the goddamn field. That’s part of why I didn’t play Julio last week, even though Julio isn’t typically a guy you can just erase by double- or triple-covering him. Jacquizz Rodgers would be my favorite Bucs play now that Muscle Hamster is in rehab and Sims is on IR. Only risk to Quizz’s workload would be Peyton Barber suddenly getting a chance to make some tape. Bucs DST could be rad against Cam “50 Per Cent” Newton.

Giants at Redskins: Zero interest in any Giants. Fat Rob Kelley looks like he’ll be okay, so it’s hard to play him or Mack Brown. Don’t think I can play either Washington TE, since one’s an old man and the other’s got a busted wing (there’s no reason to believe that’s healed up since the last time we saw him, playing one-armed a couple weeks back—it’s a serious injury). That leaves Kirk Cousins, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder, and DeSean Jackson, all of whom are priced too fairly. I might like naked Cousins as much as anything. Not loving this game at all. Oh, really like Dustin Hopkins. That’s it.

Patriots at Dolphins: I don’t like Tom Brady, because he may get pulled again and historically he’s unproductive against rivals in December (partly because he gets pulled). The pieces I want here are Dion Lewis, Chris Hogan, and Michael Floyd, with the possible addition of LeGarrette Blount. Lewis and Blount will both get touches if the Patriots stomp in this game, which I expect. Hogan has a revenge game narrative and should see more work with Mitchell looking doubtful. Floyd should see more work in Mitchell’s place too, and he’s had another week to learn the playbook. I don’t think I’m buying any Dolphins.

Browns at Steelers: I don’t have as good a sense of what Pittsburgh’s plans are with their defensive starters as I do with offensive starters, but they’re dinged up. Would make sense to play some Isaiah Crowell here. I don’t think I’d go with Landry Jones. At least one of Fitzgerald Toussaint and DeAngelo Williams should have a big game, with Williams tipped to take the lead earlier today. Eli Rogers, Xavier Grimble, Jesse James, and David Johnson (the other David Johnson) could all have big days here. Grimble seemed to be Jones’s favorite when he started against the Pats. Just monitor his ribs situation. Wouldn’t make sense for them to put him in with an injury while they’re resting studs.

Saints at Falcons: Devonta Freeman stands out to me for the Falcons, and I think he might be the only piece I’m interested in. Mark Ingram has been getting buzz from his offensive line, who want him to hit 1,000 yards (needs 60), so I like that. Michael Thomas is very appealing from a game theory perspective, having disappointed everybody last week, and should match up well with the Falcons. Always like him in road games. Matt Bryant is hands down my top kicker on the board.

Cardinals at Rams: I don’t hate David Johnson here if you’ve got all of that salary leftover. J.J. Nelson will be running at E.J. Gaines or something called a “Blake Countess,” which means you should play him. Larry Fitzgerald should draw whichever one Nelson doesn’t, and this could be his last career game before retirement. I’d like to like him more than I do. Cardinals DST rounds things out for me here.

Seahawks at 49ers: Doug Baldwin gets to run against the second-worst team in the league against the slot, so that’s nice. Love Jimmy Graham too, and therefore I love Russell Wilson. Thomas Rawls could have a field day too. All of that said, this is a lousy field, the Hawks have sucked on the road, and -9.5 road favorites in division are inherently suspicious. I wouldn’t blame you if you thought this was a trap. It’s worth considering Shaun Draughn, Mike Davis, and DuJuan Harris with Hyde on IR. Seahawks DST is fine.

Raiders at Broncos: I want to play a Raiders RB. Wish I knew which one. My next and last favorite play in this game is the Raiders DST. I don’t think I can get onboard with the Denver WRs. Paxton Lynch is expected to split time with Siemian in this one.

Chiefs at Chargers: Chiefs DST is probably my favorite play at the position, bar none. You can always stack it up with Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce is obviously worth consideration too. Beyond that…I think I’m done here.

Packers at Lions: Ahhh, the Sunday Night hammers. Here we go. Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery, and Jared Cook are all top plays at their positions if you ask me. On the Detroit side, Zach Zenner has earned more work. Anquan Boldin TD equity makes him a sharp leverage play, Golden Tate could have one last hurrah (too cheap on FD for sure), and Eric Ebron is alright. Really think we should pay close attention to Jared Cook here. He should be near the top of everybody’s board in this matchup, and as a razor-sharp leverage play off Jordy. Gimino has him projected at 1.5% on DK, which would be an absolute travesty.

Phew. What a crazy week.

• CleverGroom

@Shock87 said...

#Narrative Last time Carson Palmer was at this stadium was in 2002. He has family coming in town as well and DJ wants the 1,000 receiving yards. He’s I believe 156 yards away… Palmer obviously in GPP’s but something very contrarian.. Just some thoughts..

Per Jack Wang, he’ll have ~10 friends and family in attendance. I’m not sure it’s much of a narrative for him.

Mind you, I don’t mind the play. People like #Levitanimal and JMtoWin, who think it’s tent time for Carson Palmer, are absolutely fucking crazy. That is the dumbest, most demonstrably false narrative from this entire season. I have no idea how such smart people talked themselves into repeating such a stupid take for three entire months. It’s baffling to me. I’ve deleted podcasts mid-listen because I’m so weary of it. It’s such a bad take that it forces me to question everything else you say.

Carson’s arm is fine. He’s seeing ghosts, his pocket presence has been awful, but that’s ultimately because of the line. Every week that they’re able to get the right look and set up blocking long enough, he’s out there throwing 40+ bombs. The only guy who can stop him from airing it out to J.J. repeatedly is going to be Aaron Donald. That’s a concern. I’d still have some interest in Carson, though. The Rams secondary is absolute trash past Trumaine Johnson.

And hell, who knows? Maybe BA says for them to try and get DJ his 159 receiving yards. Between that, Nelson’s matchup, Larry’s matchup and retirement narrative, this game could wind up with a lot of attempts for Carson.

• CleverGroom

@Fazool said...

Jordan Matthews has killed DAL in the past, he should get plenty of looks in this game. NE defense was on my radar early in the week but MIA really can’t afford to lose Moore so i’m guessing their offense will be quite conservative limiting NE scoring chances on defense. I’m looking at KC and TB as my defensive plays this week.

Wow, you aren’t kidding about JMatt. 1 TD in his last three against Dallas. In chronological order, they go 9 targets for 6-80-1, 12 targets for 9-133-1, 15 targets for 11-65-1. This could be an interesting one. Especially if they have a better passing game script than they did against NYG, he could be a beneficiary of their thin RB room.

I agree on the NE DST. I’d like to like them, but they haven’t had Moore pass much as it is. You’d be playing for points allowed, and that’s a low ceiling proposition.

Definitely warming up to TB DST. They’re feisty. KC’s gotta be the best play, heads up.

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

Bills at Jets

Pretty much right on with you. Seahawks and Packers will fill up most of my rosters. From that write up, can you even make a roster, you seem to be so down on most of the plays. Ha.

I really like Ertz at TE and not so high on Cook. My question will probably come down to whether I roster Adams with Jordy in cash or just Jordy

• CleverGroom

@bolu said...

Pete Carroll doesn’t rest guys much unless it’s a blowout.

Or if they’re hurt. Russ rested earlier this year against the Niners, cause all of his knees and ankles were wounded. He’s fine now, but it may be more of a concern for a guy like Rawls, who got dinged up last week. I’d imagine Collins gets a lot of work here if the Hawks go up big early, even if Rawls is playing. Graham may be another one who they’d be inclined to sit down earlier, since his knee’s been treated with care all year.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

What if Green Bay and Detroit agreed to kneel the ball for 75 minutes? That would be cool. Both would get in and no one would get hurt except for dfs players, Washington and the integrity of the game

I think that would violate the terms of Ole Sad Eyes’s pact with Satan. You don’t want to know what happens then.

• CleverGroom

@kipboggins said...

It’s been ugly, homie. Zenner and Taters are my favorite Lions by far, and you’re absolutely right: Riddick’s return would kill both of them.

Staff does get another week to heal, albeit a short one. They’ll get Slay back too. Fat lot of good that’ll do them.

• CleverGroom

@ssilberman2012 said...

That’s what I said about David Johnson last week, but these things aren’t always handled rationally. Or at least, not with the kind of rationality that we apply. A big part of it is that competitors want to compete. Stephen Holder asked Luck about this during a presser and Luck laughed in his face. He laughed. He’s going to play four quarters, because that’s what Andrew Luck does, absent internal bleeding or a swollen brain.

I just don’t care, because I’m not targeting the Jaguars secondary. There’s not much profit in it.

• CleverGroom

@stackbundy88 said...

Stafford may have to go complete DGAF when they are down early. Can pretty much kiss his low ADOT goodbye and say hello to Marvin Jones.

I mean…if he catches the damn ball. Big if, these days.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).