1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Miami ( 7.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 55.5
    1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Pittsburgh ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( -6.5 ) at Los Angeles ( 6.5 ) —- T: 40.5
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -8.5 ) at San Francisco ( 8.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kipboggins

I think this maybe the Fuller week….

I bet Nuk plays for maybe a quarter, but if Houston had a brain they would pull him (really no need to play him). He’s their best player and only hope for a chance at a playoff win (laughing as I type Houston and playoff win)

But this Titans secondary is the laughing stock…you are printing money each week if you target them. That means all signs point to Fuller.

I think he goes way over looked because A. poor game last week w/ new QB so everyone got burned B. game doesn’t mean anything to Houston so “GPPers” will overlook this spot.

My last week ‘sneaky play’ of Thielen was overlooked by myself included come Saturday morning…but I will not let it happen two weeks in a row. Get Fuller in there.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Pretty much right on with you. Seahawks and Packers will fill up most of my rosters. From that write up, can you even make a roster, you seem to be so down on most of the plays. Ha.

I really like Ertz at TE and not so high on Cook. My question will probably come down to whether I roster Adams with Jordy in cash or just Jordy

Part of what I love about Cook is that he’s leverage off Jordy, because so much of Jordy’s value comes from RZ work. If Cook happens to come down with a ball or two for a shorter score, we’d expect that to erode Jordy’s value. Maybe not so much that he’s a bad play, but certainly enough that you could lap Jordy lineups by spending that money better elsewhere.

If you’re sticking to cash, of course it’s hard to fade or leverage Jordy. He’s the nuts.

I actually have the longest list of potential plays that I’ve had all season. Trouble is that a lot of them are kind of mutually exclusive, like all three Raiders RBs and all three SF RBs. A lot of that fat is probably going to get trimmed real quick. There’s also a few more marginal plays that I didn’t mention above, like Dennis Pitta in a good matchup with the Bengals, Eagles DST as we’re hearing that Zeke and Dak are likely to be limited, Shady even though I don’t trust his usage here, &c. I’m kinda glad that I have 10 Milly entries to burn this week, so I’ll actually play more than one lineup on DK at least.

• dgballer

@CleverGroom said...

Really think we should pay close attention to Jared Cook here. He should be near the top of everybody’s board in this matchup, and as a razor-sharp leverage play off Jordy. Gimino has him projected at 1.5% on DK, which would be an absolute travesty.

I didn’teven think of him until you mentioned it. But isn’t Detroit pretty bad against the TE. I’ve been looking for a low cost TE. I’mgoing to roll em out in a few LUs and cross my fingers :) Thanks for some nice insight. Hoping ti finish the season on a winning side

• CleverGroom

@kipboggins said...

I think this maybe the Fuller week….

I keep thinking the same thing. Usually I realize it’s not before the end of the week, but this…this is a good matchup. It’s a real good matchup.

• CleverGroom

@dgballer said...

I didn’teven think of him until you mentioned it. But isn’t Detroit pretty bad against the TE. I’ve been looking for a low cost TE. I’mgoing to roll em out in a few LUs and cross my fingers :) Thanks for some nice insight. Hoping ti finish the season on a winning side

They’re so bad against the TE! That’s been a flowchart play all season: start the TE playing against Detroit. Last week they allowed Jason “Dad Runner” Witten to score on a pass from Dez Bryant.

Cook’s one of the better TEs who’s had the matchup, Rodgers is the best QB who’s had the matchup, and Cook’s been coming on a bit. He was within spitting distance of chalking up another 40 yards and a TD last week. Damn cheap too.

ETA: If you need a stone minimum TE, I can see Richard Rodgers too. I think Cook’s clearly the better talent and ahead of him on the depth chart, but it’s still just as favorable a matchup for Rodgers as it is for Cook. He’s the TE who actually caught his TD pass last week.

• kipboggins

I understand the Cook narrative and pivot so I agree but I’m here to win a GPP. I think Cook makes a ton of sense but for GPP I don’t see the ceiling.

I feel like a ceiling TE are Kelce (sometimes you have to just play the chalk) possible graham but don’t love it and then maybe Pitta?

I don’t feel like getting too cute with TE this week, that’s just my opinion. I think if you try to win a GPP, plug in Kelce and try to be contrarian elsewhere.
    Again I go back to fact that if Kelce was a WR putting up those numbers the last few weeks like he has, he’d be 80% owned at 5k on DK, but he gets over looked on how good of a pass catcher he is b/c he is a TE. Don’t overthink it with him. Did he have a bad game against TE? Yes, but that was in really cold weather, bizarre game. I haven’t even looked at San Diego weather but know that its going to be 75 and perfect.

Also if anyone was thinking about playing a San Diego TE do NOT do that. I’ve avoided playing TE against KC all year and it has worked to perfection they will legit shut down every TE on a weekly basis.

• thatkid500

I hope DJ is massive chalk, in the three games they played the Rams have really bottled DJ up.

• Vikingtiger

@CleverGroom said...

Wow, you aren’t kidding about JMatt. 1 TD in his last three against Dallas. In chronological order, they go 9 targets for 6-80-1, 12 targets for 9-133-1, 15 targets for 11-65-1. This could be an interesting one. Especially if they have a better passing game script than they did against NYG, he could be a beneficiary of their thin RB room.

I agree on the NE DST. I’d like to like them, but they haven’t had Moore pass much as it is. You’d be playing for points allowed, and that’s a low ceiling proposition.

Definitely warming up to TB DST. They’re feisty. KC’s gotta be the best play, heads up.

Was he held out Wednesday to rest his ankle? If he is a full go I like it, just not sure how his ankle is doing. Any thoughts?

• CleverGroom

I’m starting to realize that there’s very little likelihood I play any QB other than Aaron Rodgers until I get up to about 10 lineups.

Dak had 24 points against the Lions last week, and Dez threw one of the TDs (not to Dak). Ole Sad Eyes averages well over 3x on DK on the season, whether at home or on the road. His ceiling is about 5-6x. It’s really hard to not play him.

• CleverGroom

@Vikingtiger said...

Was he held out Wednesday to rest his ankle? If he is a full go I like it, just not sure how his ankle is doing. Any thoughts?

He still had 6 targets in terrible game script last week. Averaging 9 targets over the last three, since he’s been dealing with the ankle. He’s priced lower than, say, any WR for the Redskins. I think he’s a real nice mid-tier value if he goes.

Also worth remembering that Lane Johnson was immediately making a difference for them on that O line. They’re so much better all across their offense with him back in the lineup.

ETA: Looks like he was actually held out today as well. Definitely want to keep an eye on that ankle before starting him.

• Vikingtiger

@CleverGroom said...

I’m sure his ankle was worse last week, and he still had 6 targets in terrible game script. Averaging 9 targets over the last three, since he’s been dealing with the ankle. I think he’ll be fine and he’s priced lower than, say, any WR for the Redskins. I think he’s a real nice mid-tier value.

Also worth remembering that Lane Johnson was immediately making a difference for them on that O line. They’re so much better all across their offense with him back in the lineup.

I have a couple of places I had him penciled, may need to go ahead on lock him up for those lineups.good to hear

• TJRhodes

Marvin Jones week 3 pixie dust or Golden Tate? One of these guys is having a big game.

• Vikingtiger

@TJRhodes said...

Marvin Jones week 3 pixie dust or Golden Tate? One of these guys is having a big game.

Of those two I trust Tate, he seems to be Staffords go to but Jones could make me look stupid. Over the course of the year though tate has been more consistent.

• kipboggins

@CleverGroom said...

I’m starting to realize that there’s very little likelihood I play any QB other than Aaron Rodgers until I get up to about 10 lineups.

If I gave you two QBs (without Looking at their names) and gave you who they are up against what sounds better?

QB 1
    On the road against team that has completely given up and has running ability with questionable RB due to injuries and projected for team to score a ton of points in a game that matters for only them. And you are saving 1100 in DK savings vs QB 2’s price

QB 2
    On the road against team that whoever wins goes to the playoffs, who the defense will get up for as they want to make the post season just as bad. A QB who has had some nagging injuries as of late, that if gets hit a few times, never know how that could affect his play.

You would have to take QB 1 right?

I present to you QB 1 – Russell Wilson QB 2- Aaron Rodgers.

I wont EVER talk you off of Rodgers, I“ll have plenty of him, but just a thought…..

• 33BeRad

The GB-Det game will probably end up like 17-13 and tilt the heck out of everyone. Meanwhile, in Tennessee, there will be a shootout that nobody saw coming(where there are 2 good run defenses, 1 horrible pass def and the other pass def may rest a few guys with nagging injuries). Or something dumb like that. HAHA!

• sliceman11

Tates biggest games came when jones wasn’t in. If there is any player who resembles the playing style of thielen it has to be jones. Therefore, I’m taking jones home run ability in a game I see as being a shootout.

• Vikingtiger

@sliceman11 said...

Tates biggest games came when jones wasn’t in. If there is any player who resembles the playing style of thielen it has to be jones. Therefore, I’m taking jones home run ability in a game I see as being a shootout.

Jones did have a great game against GB in their first meeting. So he could hit big again but he has just not been as consistent over the last half of the season. For his price on DK he could be the one who brings home the win for you. Hope he does work out for you. It should be a great game.

• Therec

The concern for me with Russell Wilson is Thomas Rawls. We have every indication right now that Rawls is healthy, and the shoulder injury isn’t an issue. None of the running backs that worked out Tuesday have been signed, he has practiced fully yesterday (don’t have today’s report yet), and Carroll isn’t worried (yes i know about coach speak, just adding that there are no voiced concerns about Rawls). Him running all over SF limits Wilson’s Fantasy stock more than I think Ty Montgomery will limit Aaron Rodgers.

For more evidence just look at Matt Ryan numbers from two weeks ago. Yes the Falcons put up 41 points on the 49ers through the air and ground, but b/c of the ground game Matt Ryan still only threw for 286/2TD, which is less than 20 DK points. Seattle is expected to only score 26 points and so if Thomas Rawls scores any rushing TDs then don’t expect a huge game from Wilson.

Update: Rawls practiced again fully on Thursday. Looks like he’s going to be 100% for Sunday.

• jteneyck1990

a

• sliceman11

I personally like Stafford over russ. At home, against a pretty bad defense in what should be a shoot out.

• Dadeano860

Philadelphia defense please. Mark Sanchez taking the snaps! Yes please. I knew Dallas didn’t want Romo to play and do well. If Dallas is resting their o-line too, Philly defense should be the top play.

Burkhead has to be a great play now with Hill out. Ravens blew their load last week, they should be resting Suggs and the defense. Too many value RBs opening up now. 49ers guys, Jaquizz, Burkhead, Henry, Toussiant, McFadden (if the o-line plays), Blue, Wilds (Powell still not practicing), Zenner…my head is going to explode.

Is Shady going to play a full game? I know DJ is, so he’s my 1 lock at RB on the main slate.

• stackbundy88

You mean Mark Sanchez revenge game. All in.

• kipboggins

@stackbundy88 said...

You mean Mark Sanchez revenge game. All in.

Ohh that made me laugh!!

• thatkid500

Manuel at 5k hmmm. Averaged 23.7 FD points in last two starts.

• ssilberman2012

@CleverGroom said...

Dak had 24 points against the Lions last week, and Dez threw one of the TDs (not to Dak). Ole Sad Eyes averages well over 3x on DK on the season, whether at home or on the road. His ceiling is about 5-6x. It’s really hard to not play him.

ARod is definitely the best play no doubt, but you think Andrew Luck plays all 4 quarters so why not some exposure to him? There are so many scenarios where he scores 4 TDs – it doesn’t matter if he’s playing the damn Broncos.

Also, Drew Brees has a good shot at being the highest scoring QB too. The Saints might lose 48-35 but ATL has been better against the run lately. Some Ingram exposure due to the 1,000-yard-mark-narrative and then Brees in some LUs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).