4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 10 ) at Seattle ( -10 ) —- T: 38.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( 4 ) at Denver ( -4 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Tennessee ( -3 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 7.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -7.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -7 ) at Tampa Bay ( 7 ) —- T: 49.5
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 10 ) at Baltimore ( -10 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( -3.5 ) at LA Rams ( 3.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• WidumBoise

It just….feels like a Blount week…

• 33BeRad

Doesn’t look like anyone is ready for week 17 yet. HA! Guess it is all Blount!!!

• 33BeRad

At first glance are we all taking Brissett with Hilton and Hopkins in that game? Then add Gronk and Henry. Then maybe Drake or Parker?

• uptowndirt

Falcons, Seahawks, Ravens, Bills, Chargers, and Titans all need wins to get in the playoffs.

• Messiah717

Jakeem Grant worth looking at again after his big game? $3500 so could be a cheap spot if he’s going to be involved again.

• ASitar

@WidumBoise said...

It just….feels like a Blount week…

It feels like a Gurley week. He’ll be mega chalk at 30% ownership but this guy’s on a different planet right now. I’m putting him in 30-40% of my LUs on DK.

• ASitar

Does anyone know the teams that are playing for SOMETHING this week? Be it playoffs, seeding, coach keeping his job, etc? I’d hate to roster guys that play the first half only.

Thanks in advance.

• beare

what teams have nothing to play for most likely to sit starters?

• Dunzor

@beare said...

what teams have nothing to play for most likely to sit starters?

This should be all you need to read to figure out which teams are still playing for playoff spots or seeding:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/263493/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-16

Beyond that it’s kinda a guess as to which already eliminated teams will play hard, but I’d go for ones with QBs heading to free agency, coaches on hot seats, etc. But as for playoffs I believe only KC / JAC / PHI are locked in to their current seeds and would be prime candidates to rest starters

• KindGuy

49ers with Jimmy G seem to be playing with a chip on their shoulders.

• Messiah717

@Dunzor said...

This should be all you need to read to figure out which teams are still playing for playoff spots or seeding:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/263493/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-16

Beyond that it’s kinda a guess as to which already eliminated teams will play hard, but I’d go for ones with QBs heading to free agency, coaches on hot seats, etc. But as for playoffs I believe only KC / JAC / PHI are locked in to their current seeds and would be prime candidates to rest starters

I think the Redskins are a team to target in that regard. The Giants are just awful and you would think Cousins will want to put up one final solid showing.

• mike42

I think it’s a mistake to target meaningful games just like it was last week. Find the games where they may end up playing flag football on D, not they games that will have high intensity. D’s always play hard in big games, O’s tend to tighten up.

• mike42

Early thoughts:

I think Indy shows up for Pagano in his last game. Maybe TY.

Think Rams got nothing to play for, no reason to overthink Jimmy G/Goodwin stack.

Jax got nothing to play for and I imagine they want to play TEN in first round which they will do if they lose, maybe D. Henry finally does what he should have been doing all along with Murray out.

Balt- They got something to play for but I still like AJ Green to get 12-15 tgts Vs a D that gives up stats and he’s only $6300.

Brady/Cooks/Gronk- Can they get enough stats in 3 qtrs to justify price tag vs Jets pass D?

Pit- See NE. Like Pit D (see pretty much every D that played Clev). Good thing about playing Pit D is they remain aggressive even when backups are in.

Arr/Sea- Arz D is for real. Bad matchup for SEA. I spent a few weeks trying to discredit ARZ D than I started using them (vs TEN, Giants). Doubt I use them this week but also not going to count on Russ doing Russ things Vs a D that’s been top 5ish all year without many letdowns.

Wash/Giants- Crowder could really smash (see Fitz last week). Collins being out, Apple benched, leaves that secondary with nothing.

ZEKE- 200 yd game vs team playing for nothing. He’s gonna be the heavy chalk this week and I like him. No reason to rest him, every reason to make sure he didn’t produce a video montage of himself for nothing. Do you think he oiled himself up for some parts of his training video the way Rocky/Creed used to? I do.

I still can’t believe Rocky beat Drago. Part of me still thinks he’s going to lose every time I watch Rocky IV. “If I can change, and you can change, maybe we all can change.”

• schoony82

@mike42 said...

Think Rams got nothing to play for, no reason to overthink Jimmy G/Goodwin stack.

Are the Rams completely locked into the 3rd seed?

• schoony82

I know they cant get higher, but wondering if they could possibly go lower. Also, this week might be tricky with the early and late games, possibly players getting pulled in the later games if earlier ones work in their favor.

• Messiah717

@schoony82 said...

No, they need to win since the Saints or Panthers can get it.

• Dunzor

@schoony82 said...

I know they cant get higher, but wondering if they could possibly go lower. Also, this week might be tricky with the early and late games, possibly players getting pulled in the later games if earlier ones work in their favor.

The NFL specifically changed many of the game start times in order to avoid this. Basically every game that has seeding / playoff implications is now being played at the same time as the others that matter for the same. Most of them are at 4:25 with a couple at 1:00 but no team will be affected by the outcome of an early game if they are playing late

• mike42

@schoony82 said...

Think so.We are going to hear all week about what coaches are going to do or at least get hints. Since the Rams would not get a bye I could see them resting more guys. On the other hand, Phily gets the bye but I honestly don’t think after last nights Offensive performance (literally and figuratively) that they rest guys for most of that game. What’s going to be difficult this year is with so many new coaches in the playoffs there is no precedent as to how they may handle the situation.

• Messiah717

@mike42 said...

Think so.We are going to hear all week about what coaches are going to do or at least get hints. Since the Rams would not get a bye I could see them resting more guys. On the other hand, Phily gets the bye but I honestly don’t think after last nights Offensive performance (literally and figuratively) that they rest guys for most of that game. What’s going to be difficult this year is with so many new coaches in the playoffs there is no precedent as to how they may handle the situation.

Nope, Saints or Panthers can get the third. Rams have to win if either of those two win.

• mike42

@Messiah717 said...

Nope, Saints or Panthers can get the third. Rams have to win if either of those two win.

I must have read how they can’t get 1 or 2 seed. My bad.

• BIF

@schoony82 said...

No the Rams could drop to 4th with a loss and be passed by the NFC South winner (either NO or Caro if they win this week).

• Messiah717

@mike42 said...

All good. People forget there’s another division winner in the mix.

• BIF

@mike42 said...

Only Carolina can bump Minny from 2 seed but they need to win and have NO and Minny lose to jump from 5 to 2

• Messiah717

Carolina vs Atlanta seems like a DFS trap.

• lukemiller42

chargers oakland should be high scoring
    rams will try to get gurley mvp
    kelce finishes what he started vs denver
    ty hilton smashes

is kind of what im thinking

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.