4:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5.5 ) at Baltimore ( -5.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 16.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -16.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : Chicago ( 6.5 ) at Minnesota ( -6.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 9.5 ) at LA Rams ( -9.5 ) —- T: 50
    8:25 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 0 ) at Tennessee ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dfsloser247

Well it woulnt be on the main slate as the game is on SNF

• zpa1989

how about derek carr against the chiefs? i know its a road game but he did well last game out against KC plus i think he wants a strong showing to earn his job back for next year.

but AR the safe play at home this week with a chip on his shoulder. i think he’s a stone lock for another big game.

• BlueEdwards

Reading that DAL will sit some starters. Gotta think Barkley goes off.

• Brian7479

@mike42 said...

That was really game script dependent. Bears went up by a few scores and played a cover 2 shell the rest of the way which allowed Diggs to catch 5-10yd passes the whole second half. The Bears are a great team to play WR’s against ONLY if you think the Bears will smash them. K. Johnson and Goliday has big receiving days when the bears smashed Det at home. The one positive for Diggs is he has a great track record Vs Bears but pretty sure Min WR’s are a fade. Cook had an bad day Vs us last time, he might actually be a sneaky play if we lay down at half. Plus he will be front and center in Minny’s game plan.

Fair enough. I looked back and that does look correct for the most part. I still might throw him in a few lineups just because he’s a guy that can always go off and at low ownership I may take a few shots. I don’t think it’s a 100% given Minny has a lead here and Chicago may let up if the Rams have a big lead on SF

• DfsBopBooth

@zpa1989 said...

how about derek carr against the chiefs? i know its a road game but he did well last game out against KC plus i think he wants a strong showing to earn his job back for next year.

but AR the safe play at home this week with a chip on his shoulder. i think he’s a stone lock for another big game.

Its almost impossible to make a LU this earily in the week when we know teams will be resting some players.

• QuietStormClay

I see Bridgewater price went up with the quickness

• Brian7479

@mike42 said...

I think so too. SF playing hard still and I think Shannahan is super competitive, probably feels shunned that McVey gets all the attention even though HE is the better coach and will end up winning a super Bowl before McVey. My issue is it may be lower scoring. SF’s D has some talent that’s playing better as of late, their O, is very low on talent. Pettis and Brieda being out eliminates a lot of their explosiveness. Too easy to lock in on Kittle and just make sure Goodwin doesn’t beat u deep. Thinking like a 24-20 type game. Think you can play like 2 pieces together but not the QB’s. Maybe Kittle with a LA WR type play. Wilson in play but CJ isn’t(trust me on this one).

If Gurley plays I actually think there’s a good chance they control this game but maybe SF makes it look closer than it really is. LAR are really going to want to get that first round bye and SF hasn’t won a game on the road this year although I will say they kept games close with good teams. I agree that Shanahan is the better coach but I think McVey can simply show that he has the far better personnel. Especially right now with all the injuries for SF. Also the Rams have actually been great against TE’s the past 3 games where as that was a weakness earlier this year. As you said this game could end up 24-20 but I could also see it going something like 34-10. The Ram I like the most at first glance is Cooks. SF doesn’t have great speed in the secondary.

• JH822547

Why is there a slate with ‘college conference’ in brackets – what does that mean?

• Brian7479

@Dfsloser247 said...

Well it woulnt be on the main slate as the game is on SNF

Are you talking about the Indy Tennessee game? It was originally a 4 o’clock game and they changed it to a Sunday night game

• odanny

I see there has been some action on the Bears, they were getting 6 and now it’s down to 5. I“m not sure that defense is going to take this game off, even with resting some starters I expect the defense to show up. I don’t think Trubisky is going to sit out the 2nd half, regardless of the score. He has already had time off for injury and looked rough on his return. I do expect Jordan Howard to get a lot of work and for Trubisky to work on his deep ball.

• mike42

@odanny said...

I see there has been some action on the Bears, they were getting 6 and now it’s down to 5. I“m not sure that defense is going to take this game off, even with resting some starters I expect the defense to show up. I don’t think Trubisky is going to sit out the 2nd half, regardless of the score. He has already had time off for injury and looked rough on his return. I do expect Jordan Howard to get a lot of work and for Trubisky to work on his deep ball.

It’s just not a good game to focus on. You got the number 1 D facing a minny D that plays top 5 at home. Feels like way too many posts about one the worse 3 games on the slate this week. We should be talking about Atl/Tb or stacking KC or just about anything other than this game.

• DfsBopBooth

@mike42 said...

It’s just not a good game to focus on. You got the number 1 D facing a minny D that plays top 5 at home. Feels like way too many posts about one the worse 3 games on the slate this week. We should be talking about Atl/Tb or stacking KC or just about anything other than this game.

I hope Connor doesn’t play this week. I want to lock in Samuels, D Williams and Michel

• flip4flop

@JH822547 said...

Why is there a slate with ‘college conference’ in brackets – what does that mean?

The tiers are broken up into where they played (SEC, ACC, etc…) similar to last week that was broken up by what round of the NFL they were drafted in.

• infantryboys

Lindsay is out. Freeman looks to be in play.

• GTRandy27

@infantryboys said...

Lindsay is out. Freeman looks to be in play.

In play sure, but they are playing the chargers and should expect around a 65-35 split with Booker if not closer

• infantryboys

@GTRandy27 said...

In play sure, but they are playing the chargers and should expect around a 65-35 split with Booker if not closer

He’s $3.5K and Booker is $3.2. Neither really has to do a whole lot.

• BlueEdwards

Stupid question…when building a cash lineup, does it make sense to pair a QB with a WR or TE?

• ministry_of_scoring

Patrick Mahomes needs 2 passing TDs vs. OAK for a cool 50 on the year, and if he gets 3 – his season would rank second all-time for QB pass TDs as he would surpass Brady’s 50 in the 2007 Randy Moss bromance year. KC will be playing for the bye at home so the question becomes is it worth paying up ($9,500 on FD) for Mahomes since, at that price – he basically needs to toss 4 TDs (or perhaps 3 with very high yardage) to hit value.

There is always the chance (surety) that the Chiefs jump out ahead to a comfortable lead and Mahomes takes his foot off the gas. But he isn’t a “foot off the gas” type of guy. Plus, as far-fetched as it is, if he did toss 7 TDs he would tie Peyton for the most pass TDs in a single season in his first full season as a starting QB, which is just sick.

Mahomes has pretty much alternated between very good and absurdly good this year (though lately more very good due to the loss of Hunt and Watkins) but does he have another absurdly good performance in him given the situation, likely game script, etc.?

• beare

whose top rbs week 17 im guessing gurley elliot sit

• mike42

@blue said...

Stupid question…when building a cash lineup, does it make sense to pair a QB with a WR or TE?

Not a stupid ?. Traditional thought says you don’t do it because you don’t want things to correlate. If qb flops, so prolly does the WR and you probably lose. Most do it anyway and I like the idea of u love the play.

I also like sometimes playing 2 WR’s, QB and RB if the situation calls for it. I played both Minny WR’s Vs Philly early this year since I knew they would collectively hit Vs a pass funnel D. Played 2 NE rb’s together last year vs a bad run D and it worked. You just need to feel really good about the situation and it prolly shouldn’t be the way you normally roll.

This week I could see the logic in pairing KC QB/RB knowing they should account for 4 plus TD’s facing a bad oak team in a letdown spot. A little pricey but he’s been worth it all year. I just won my super bowl in large part because Mahommes smashed literally every week all year.

• mike42

@beare said...

whose top rbs week 17 im guessing gurley elliot sit

Barkley, Williams, maybe Samuels on the higher end. Then you are going to have bare min players like D. Washington (NO) getting a lot of love. He went 11-47 Vs cincy in a blowout, he might get 20 carries this week. It will be interesting for sure.

• beare

think gurley and elliot both sit this week? any thoughts on gordon?

• Brian7479

@ministry_of_scoring said...

Patrick Mahomes needs 2 passing TDs vs. OAK for a cool 50 on the year, and if he gets 3 – his season would rank second all-time for QB pass TDs as he would surpass Brady’s 50 in the 2007 Randy Moss bromance year. KC will be playing for the bye at home so the question becomes is it worth paying up ($9,500 on FD) for Mahomes since, at that price – he basically needs to toss 4 TDs (or perhaps 3 with very high yardage) to hit value.

There is always the chance (surety) that the Chiefs jump out ahead to a comfortable lead and Mahomes takes his foot off the gas. But he isn’t a “foot off the gas” type of guy. Plus, as far-fetched as it is, if he did toss 7 TDs he would tie Peyton for the most pass TDs in a single season as a rookie, which is just sick.

Mahomes has pretty much alternated between very good and absurdly good this year (though lately more very good due to the loss of Hunt and Watkins) but does he have another absurdly good performance in him given the situation, likely game script, etc.?

Mahomes is not a rookie

• Brian7479

@mike42 said...

Barkley, Williams, maybe Samuels on the higher end. Then you are going to have bare min players like D. Washington (NO) getting a lot of love. He went 11-47 Vs cincy in a blowout, he might get 20 carries this week. It will be interesting for sure.

I’m guessing you’re talking Damien not Jamal? I really wish Chris Thompson was being used like he was at the beginning of the season but that’s just not the case. What do you think Seattle does? If I remember correctly Carroll doesn’t rest his guys? Is there any team or teams that are in the playoffs but could aim to win or lose to line themselves up with a certain matchup they think may be better for them? Or is that thinking too much into it? If Zeke sits I’m guessing we’ll see more Rod Smith than Darius Jackson? This week is going to be tough for DFS I think. It could be all chalk

• Longshots1234

Mike42 is Carson of seattle not a lock at rb

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).