4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at LA Rams ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at San Francisco ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 3 ) at Kansas City ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Carolina ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 1 ) at Denver ( -1 ) —- T: 51
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 14 ) at Indianapolis ( -14 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• rjschick92

The reality is does it really matter who wins the NFC East? You’re not winning the Super Bowl no matter what.

Especially when you need another team to lose to get in as 6 win team, which has never happened in the history of the league.

• Money0227

@BIF said...

Wow – I can’t believe that the Eagles made zero effort to win that game; they must really hate the Giants

It was a pretty disgraceful tank for a better draft pick. Guess we would have seen it out that franchise much earlier had the division not been so bad. I have much more respect for a team like the Jets.

Btw…ready for some golf???!!!

• rjschick92

A lot of teams tank when they have nothing to play for.

It’s just usually not as blatantly obvious as it was tonight due to being a national TV game.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Wooo! I came in first place on the $150k NFL Snap doohickey they had on FanDuel. The first place prize was $20,000, but I had to split it with 46 others and got $435.29 out of it. At least it was something after I was getting burned for the last two weeks. I also hardly played in two months either because of the holiday rush at work too. I was too tired and busy to focus on lineups.

• yisman

@rjschick92 said...

A lot of teams tank when they have nothing to play for.

It’s just usually not as blatantly obvious as it was tonight due to being a national TV game.

When do you see teams out of the playoffs sitting all their players?

Typically the only time you see a team sitting a whole bunch of starters is A)preseason B)Week 17 IF they’re locked in to a playoff seeding.

• yisman

@rjschick92 said...

The reality is does it really matter who wins the NFC East? You’re not winning the Super Bowl no matter what.

Especially when you need another team to lose to get in as 6 win team, which has never happened in the history of the league.

Even if they had 0% chance, which I’d argue with, they still have financial incentives to make the playoffs.

Believe me, the Giants players were very invested in tonight’s game.

• BIF

@Money0227 said...

Btw…ready for some golf???!!!

Yes – I’m ready for about 50 straight weeks of tournies but not too excited about this weeks tourney as it’s a small field no cut event

• whodat2

@zpa1989 said...

thanks. i try very hard this. hits like this make it feel like it was all worth it. but i am stats analytics nerd so i enjoy the process. and i love football too.

Nice hit! But if I had a dollar for every time you used the word unlucky, I might have hit about the same. :)

• odanny

Cam Newton was the highest scoring player today? 242 pass yds., 3 TD’s, 79 rush yds., and 19 receiving yds. with a receiving TD? Did anyone see that coming?

• BIF

@odanny said...

Cam Newton was the highest scoring player today? 242 pass yds., 3 TD’s, 79 rush yds., and 19 receiving yds. with a receiving TD? Did anyone see that coming?

Maybe on FD he was but Newton had the 6th most points on DK behind (in order) Cooks, Taylor, MJJ, AB and Henry

• BIF

Supposedly the MRI showed there was no structural damage to Evans’ knee so he is questionable for Saturday night at Washington.

• miggs6876

@MattyK1981 said...

Circle the Wagons! I’m happy it’s IND coming to us instead of BAL/TEN

Happy about that too. Baltimore and Tenn. are dangerous. Indy won’t be a cake walk.

• miggs6876

@BIF said...

Yes – I’m ready for about 50 straight weeks of tournies but not too excited about this weeks tourney as it’s a small field no cut event

Looking forward to your great posts.

• synth

@BIF said...

Id love to learn dfs golf. Ive never really focused on it and have no idea what to look for

• zovyn

Ugh that was an ugly Week 17. Got a nice payout on the 4thQ slate even with Hurts in the lineup and broke me even for the whole weekend mess.

Hey! Only 9 days until NHL action, when do us Hockey guys get a thread?? :)

• depalma13

@JH822547 said...

If you’re degen enough to play 4th quarter slates you deserve what you get.

4th quarter slates are the easiest way to win big money in NFL showdowns. You just have to be watching the game and keep making adjustments right up to lock.

When you are a minute to lock and a team is on the verge of scoring, the edge is so dramatic by just switching to the players on the field during the drive.

• wcsd832

@DaBum2012 said...

Wooo! I came in first place on the $150k NFL Snap doohickey they had on FanDuel. The first place prize was $20,000, but I had to split it with 46 others and got $435.29 out of it. At least it was something after I was getting burned for the last two weeks. I also hardly played in two months either because of the holiday rush at work too. I was too tired and busy to focus on lineups.

I was one of the 46 others. I’ll take the split, but $20,000 would’ve been nice.

• ifthethunder

“Had the Eagles won, they would’ve claimed the ninth overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. With the loss, they now pick sixth.”

It is what it is, as they say.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-17-winners-and-losers-browns-built-for-future-eagles-jalen-hurts-benching-was-shameful/ar-BB1csn8U
    ~

• sdmurrz59

@DaBum2012 said...

Congrats man!!!

• miggs6876

@synth said...

Id love to learn dfs golf. Ive never really focused on it and have no idea what to look for

It’s not easy.

• squidkill

@marker0357 said...

well played. I thought I had you.

marker put your later RB in ur flex don’t tie up a flex spot with an early game guy

nice lineup

• Skee

@depalma13 said...

4th quarter slates are the easiest way to win big money in NFL showdowns. You just have to be watching the game and keep making adjustments right up to lock.

When you are a minute to lock and a team is on the verge of scoring, the edge is so dramatic by just switching to the players on the field during the drive.

heh. that’s interesting. a little dumb too. But I can see your point, you should be jumping everybody who is not doing that.

My state doesn’t allow the in-game slates last I checked and I always wondered what the difference is, since DFS here has always been a go, but maybe stuff like that goes against whyever it is that they allow it anyway

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).