4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at LA Rams ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at San Francisco ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 3 ) at Kansas City ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Carolina ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 1 ) at Denver ( -1 ) —- T: 51
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 14 ) at Indianapolis ( -14 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@BIF said...

You know what’ll turn that frown upside down? A week 17 Happy-er Meal

• WrathofKhaaan

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

Lol NICE!!!
    My work here is done

Haha thanks!

• WrathofKhaaan

@damionismyname said...

Haha thanks, gotta love curb!

• HoodsFromTheWood

If you’re out there jdtrey, would you be kind enough to post the WR/CB chart you’ve been nice enough to post all year.

• WrathofKhaaan

Here’s the ESPN+ WR/CB matchup chart

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/20/NFLDK2020_CS_WRCBchartWeek17end.pdf?addata=2020%3DWRCB_chtsht_week17end_xxx&appsrc=fantasy

• BIF

@miggs6876 said...

Cowboys really miss Dak. He is the QB and leader of the team. They would have won the division with him. The Cowboys made a huge error giving Zeke that large contract. You just don’t pay a rb that much money. Is Dak really worth the money? Is he a franchise QB? One thing that’s known is they won’t win much with Dalton as their QB. Jerry Jones should had hired a quality GM years ago.

OL injuries killed them too

I had Cowboys winning that division by a couple games with a healthy Dak and reasonable health on the OL. They have great WR’s, 2 capable RBs and Jarwin will be good (too bad he went on season long IR early). The defense is league average or a little below when healthy and that is more than enough if you have a Top 3-5 offense.

They don’t resemble much of that right now with the Red Rifle, injury losses on OL and on the D

• BIF

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

You know what’ll turn that frown upside down? A week 17 Happy-er Meal

Sending it out now – going big…$3 for the Final Reg Season Week

• HoodsFromTheWood

@WrathofKhaaan said...

Here’s the ESPN+ WR/CB matchup chart

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/20/NFLDK2020_CS_WRCBchartWeek17end.pdf?addata=2020%3DWRCB_chtsht_week17end_xxx&appsrc=fantasy

Thank you gentleman poet

• HoodsFromTheWood

@BIF said...

Sending it out now – going big…$3 for the Final Reg Season Week

Lol “supersize it” is my middle name, thanks BIF

• BIF

Just opened DK and saw my balance was higher than expected – had no idea why (Transaction History said “Multi Series Fantasy Winnings”) so after a bit of digging; I see I won a Best Ball contest (week 7-16). Last time I looked, I was out of the money by one spot but a 230 point smash week this past weekend put me up to 1st. Every counting player had over 20 points (Watson-Gaskin-Cooks over 30) and I guess the 46.2 from Davante sealed it for me.

I wish I would have played all of those guys on a DFS lineup last week as I don’t think I cracked 185 on my best one (looking at you Jalen Hurts) 🙄

• zovyn

Attention:

This serves as your annual reminder that teams that are resting their offensive stars in Week 17 will often also rest a number of their defensive starters as well…

• Jokey401

I’ve been playing DK for the last four years but finally made a deposit to FD to play a few lu’s on Sunday. My logic is of Headchopper can win a milly over there, so can I. Snort, yeah right.

Any advice on strategy other than from what I gather it’s more Td dependent and no ppr? Thx!

• BIF

Fitzmagic tested positive – out for Sunday so it’s Tua’s game to win

• BIF

@Jokey401 said...

I’ve been playing DK for the last four years but finally made a deposit to FD to play a few lu’s on Sunday. My logic is of Headchopper can win a milly over there, so can I. Snort, yeah right.

Any advice on strategy other than from what I gather it’s more Td dependent and no ppr? Thx!

No bonuses for 100/300 yards either on FD

Half PPR on FD

-2 for a fumble lost on FD versus -1 on DK

Winning scores are obviously a fair bit lower and as you said, it’s more TD dependent

• sdmurrz59

@Jokey401 said...

I wish I could try FD but it isn’t legal in my state the way DK is… This was my first season on DK but I don’t think I will do it next year or at least not as often.

• Skee

Not sure I want to get too into week 17, watching a team lay down like Detroit did is more tilting than normal. Or even worse the Bucs actually keep going at the poor QB, like let him throw a god damn checkdown and the guy run for 10 meaningless yards a couple times.

I am really interested in a playoff format on a smaller site I have played a bunch in the past. Kind of a survivor thing where you choose your team all at the start of the playoffs. Once they lose they’re out of your pool, no replacements. So in a way you’re betting on how the brackets go. The interesting thing is that in most years the first round was kind of iffy, literally every team playing could max out at 2 games if they don’t make it past second round. This year someone from each conference is guaranteed to play rounds 1-3 which is the same number of games the bye team gets if they make it to the Super Bowl.

Although it may take away some of an advantage I felt I had, there’s not a lot of discussion about it so I don’t know for sure what people thought but I didn’t see a lot of people stacking round 1 teams like I did in hopes that they play 3 or possibly even 4 games ultimately getting you equal or more games played than a bye team.

• BIF

@Skee said...

I am really interested in a playoff format on a smaller site I have played a bunch in the past. Kind of a survivor thing where you choose your team all at the start of the playoffs. Once they lose they’re out of your pool, no replacements. So in a way you’re betting on how the brackets go. The interesting thing is that in most years the first round was kind of iffy, literally every team playing could max out at 2 games if they don’t make it past second round. This year someone from each conference is guaranteed to play rounds 1-3 which is the same number of games the bye team gets if they make it to the Super Bowl.
    Although it may take away some of an advantage I felt I had, there’s not a lot of discussion about it so I don’t know for sure what people thought but I didn’t see a lot of people stacking round 1 teams like I did in hopes that they play 3 or possibly even 4 games ultimately getting you equal or more games played than a bye team.

Our season long league has a playoff pool/draft like that. We’d draft a complete starting lineup and as players/teams got eliminated, you had less players moving on.

Some guys would load up on players from Round 1 (Wildcard) faves to guarantee themselves 2 games while withers would load up on players from the Bye teams hoping they get to the Super Bowl and play a 3rd game.

The new playoff format with 7 teams per conference but only 1 bye team changes that type of draft strategy.

• squidkill

strategy other than from what I gather it’s more Td dependent and no ppr? Thx!

No bonuses for 100/300 yards either on FD

Half PPR on FD

-2 for a fumble lost on FD versus -1 on DK

Winning scores are obviously a fair bit lower and as you said, it’s more TD dependent

DONT FORGET THE POTENTIAL OF FD FREEZING AT LOCK

• 33BeRad

@squidkill said...

This is real!!! And happened quite a few times.

• Jokey401

Thanks for the FD advice. Definitely some things to consider.

Does anyone play both sites? And do you find it difficult to train your brain to make those scoring and rule changes automatically as you build in real time? I guess like anything it will take practice.

• 33BeRad

@Jokey401 said...

Thanks for the FD advice. Definitely some things to consider.

Does anyone play both sites? And do you find it difficult to train your brain to make those scoring and rule changes automatically as you build in real time? I guess like anything it will take practice.

I play on both. I started on FD and play more there. I think because I am more use to it. I hand build all my lineups so I probably don’t make the changes in my head, probably why I just feel more comfortable on FD.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

I was trying to be nice to the FD peeps on here and not remind of them of the issues this past season or carve FD’s crappy experience

• squidkill

@BIF said...

I was trying to be nice to the FD peeps on here and not remind of them of the issues this past season or carve FD’s crappy experience

Eh. They are gluttons for punishment and probably deserve to get burned again soon. 😂

• BIF

Packers just lost OL Bakhtiari to an apparent season ending torn ACL injury in practice today

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Packers just lost OL Bakhtiari to an apparent season ending torn ACL injury in practice today

Damn. My mom’s half of the fambly took a hit.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).