4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at LA Rams ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -4.5 ) at San Francisco ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 3 ) at Kansas City ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Carolina ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Las Vegas ( 1 ) at Denver ( -1 ) —- T: 51
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 14 ) at Indianapolis ( -14 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• odanny

@BIF said...

Packers just lost OL Bakhtiari to an apparent season ending torn ACL injury in practice today

That’s really bad, as he was their stud lineman, and Rodgers has more time to stand in the pocket than any QB in the league right now. There is a reason Bahktiari is the highest paid lineman in the entire league.

• kdsdawg

just looked at the match ups for the first time- seems the top RBs are all going against the worst run defenses, tough choices

EDIT; just read through the playoff scenarios, the Colts and Taylor have a pristine matchup for RB against jags
    they play at 4:25 and it is possible they will know by then if they are in or not

• MattyK1981

Richie James / Kendrick Bourne will be nice leverage off of all the George Kittle touting this week in a game where there should be ample garbage targets from CJB

• bullfrog15

Colts can clinch the division with a win and Titan loss. They both play at 4:25

• BIF

@bullfrog15 said...

Colts can clinch the division with a win and Titan loss. They both play at 4:25

Yah but Titans play Texans so the Colts will be playing for a Wildcard and may be out of that by kickoff if Dolphins and Ravens win early.

• jdtrey

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

If you’re out there jdtrey, would you be kind enough to post the WR/CB chart you’ve been nice enough to post all year.

Sorry been focusing on NBA during the week since NFL’s been kicking my ass!! Glad to see someone else posted it though! I definitely didn’t start the trend, just picked up the slack when I didn’t see others post it!

Happy New Year all!

• bullfrog15

Indy still needs to win to get in so they should play hard

• bullfrog15

Does Buffalo have anything to play for?

• BIF

@bullfrog15 said...

Indy still needs to win to get in so they should play hard

I think there is risk playing any Colts and you better have other pivots lined up that you can late swap to because the Titans are beating the Texans and f Titans are up a couple scores early and the Ravens/Dolphins both win in early games, the Colts have no reason to play hard.

You need to have conditional lineups/pivots ready to go. If Miami loses early then sure play JT and maybe a Colts receiver as well but I’m not playing JT if the Colts only chance at 4:25 ET is for the Titans to lose.

• BIF

@bullfrog15 said...

Does Buffalo have anything to play for?

Yes and no – they have the second seed as long as they don’t lose ground to Steeers.

Pitt has basically threw in the towel and said “even if we win, the Bills can win and hold on to 2nd seed” so they are playing Rudolph (and I heard Dodds as well) at QB so it looks like Pitt is ok with losing to Cleveland therefore the Bills don’t have to win.

If Pitt is down a couple scores to Cleveland, I can see the Bills pulling some starters at halftime so the Dolphins have a path to winning that game as it is (basically) a must win to get in as Colts and Ravens should win.

• Eyehatetodd

@timusbr said...

not to mention a few trips to florida…

sorry someone had to get the low hanging fruit. How they hanging Rob?

edit. LOL haters got to hate….right squid. at least 15 of the 20 years you heard it. but now you will be looking up in the division. Does Belichick get them back and how long?

I think they’ll be back to the top as soon as next season. Lots and lots of cap space to play with, a good draft pick, and hopefully no more Cam Newton lol. Plus once Daboll takes a HC job somewhere this off-season, Allen and the Bills will fall off the wagon. Don’t think people realize how important Daboll has been for them the past few seasons.

• lukemiller42

Bifs doomsaying isn’t going to change my instincts. The colts are not pulling their starters early if the Titans are up 21-0 at halftime. Absolutely not happening. J Taylor’s going to crush on Sunday

• bullfrog15

Yeah I’m going Rivers and Houston D for the big money Sunday.😁

• BIF

@lukemiller42 said...

Bifs doomsaying isn’t going to change my instincts. The colts are not pulling their starters early if the Titans are up 21-0 at halftime. Absolutely not happening. J Taylor’s going to crush on Sunday

I think the Bills-Dolphins game has the biggest impact on what you do with Colts game.

You think JT smashes and gets a full load if the Dolphins lose ? The Colts could easily get up a couple scores early on Jax and then start mixing in Wilkins and Hines to not risk getting JT hurt ? Lots of different scenarios and coaching decisions.

It’s hard to predict what happens but the optimal situation for JT is if the Colts are alive for Wildcard (and division) after the early games and just need a win to advance plus you want Jax to play them tough so they need JT in all game.

• bullfrog15

I think Houston puts up a fight against the Titans

• realphipps

If CLE, BAL, MIA win early…

The late games will determine the AFC South Champion and final playoff team as the 4 seed, if I’m reading it correctly.

TEN wins and they’re in
    IND must win and need a TEN loss

In this scenario, with CLE, MIA, BAL having won, I’m not really worried about limited ceilings for the Colts and Titans players. They’re playing everybody at must-peak levels for their playoff lives.

Only slight concern is Indy blowout. Here’s a cool story, I lost every Survivor pool Week One. Guess who I picked to win opening week?

• HoodsFromTheWood

I think Justin Jefferson needs 47ish yards to break team rookie record. Anyone know of any other reachable week 17 milestones?

• 33BeRad

@realphipps said...

Only slight concern is Indy blowout. Here’s a cool story, I lost every Survivor pool Week One. Guess who I picked to win opening week?

HAHA! The same team as me!

• Gtzerphy

@33BeRad said...

HAHA! The same team as me!

And me!

• marker0357

@BIF said...

Yah but Titans play Texans so the Colts will be playing for a Wildcard and may be out of that by kickoff if Dolphins and Ravens win early.

Titans, Colts, and Ravens win. Bills beat the Fins.

• whodat2

I anyone is on Kamara, an article by Saints beat writer Nick Underhill posted about an hour ago.

Quote: “Kamara was sitting on 1,688 yards with one game left to play, and will stay there now that it doesn’t look like he’ll play again until the playoffs.”

His article is behind a paywall so no use posting the link. Something to keep an eye out for though. Would make Latavious a solid play.

• BIF

@marker0357 said...

Titans, Colts, and Ravens win. Bills beat the Fins.

That’s kinda where my head is at too unless the Bills call off the dogs early (as I’m expecting Clev to put the Steelers away) and Dolphins have a good second half against a bunch of the Bills 2’s. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, Fitzmagic has the Rona so he can’t come in and save the day.

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

I anyone is on Kamara, an article by Saints beat writer Nick Underhill posted about an hour ago.

Quote: “Kamara was sitting on 1,688 yards with one game left to play, and will stay there now that it doesn’t look like he’ll play again until the playoffs.”

His article is behind a paywall so no use posting the link. Something to keep an eye out for though. Would make Latavious a solid play.

From Nick Underhill on Twitter @ 3:10pm today

Alvin Kamara did not practice today. He was waiting for confirmation on a COVID-19 test after having a positive test, according to a source.

• odanny

@Gtzerphy said...

And me!

And me as well. Week 1, down in flames.

• BIF

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/01/saints-alvin-kamara-covid-19-news/amp/

If Kamara does have Covid and is just testing positive today – will he be clear by Saturday if the Saints get the earlier playoff game next weekend ?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).