4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -3.5 ) at Los Angeles ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at San Diego ( -3 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Oakland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Monday, September 19th
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 42.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• billholler

@Posterizes said...

You quickly forgot that 350 yards tannehill tossed on the pats at the end of last season and beat them which costed them home field in the playoffs

You had me until you said “costed”.

• Doubleaa1729

Trevor Siemian or Josh McCown playable in cash ?

• Hjd29

@Posterizes said...

Ive not heard anyone say Miami is going to run all over the Patriots. Foster much more dangerous out of the backfield in the passing game than he is a runner and I think that’s what people will be on just by projecting game flow. People really down on the dolphins after traveling the most miles any team will travel for a true road game this season and losing to the Seahawks by 2 in the toughest stadium in the nfl to play in. You quickly forgot that 350 yards tannehill tossed on the pats at the end of last season and beat them which costed them home field in the playoffs. Like you said you are a bit bias though.

Hahahaha funniest statement I’ve seen all day. The pats basically gave them that game. Hardly used starters and just kept running the ball to save their receivers. They were maybe giving about 40% effort that game.

By all means please load up on Miami.

• Razzle11

@mnstone14 said...

Question in regards to stacking for NFL. Mu understanding has been its not the smartest to do so other than a QB and one receiving target. Isnt a reception for x really stealing an opportunity from y?

The highest upside play is to stack the QB with 2 receiving threats but it also has a lower floor and you basically need a situation like the Saints last weekend and others that I could bring up in past games. Its a GPP strategy that really can hurt when it goes bad but can obviously really pay off when it clicks, because generally the second receiving threat is a cheaper play, opening up $ for a very nice 3rd WR or a really good RB play

• Razzle11

@awilson45 said...

Frank Gore is a great GPP play this week

ummmm….

• manBEAST

I just don’t see how you can play Tyrod anymore, after last season’s body of work, the offense is very stagnant and I’m thinking most of his stat lines are going to be an efficient, but lackluster 15-25 175 yards passing 25 yards running with 1-2 TDs and 1-2 TOs, you can pretty much get that with most if not all the starters going forward, the upside is no longer existent in that offense. I would love the dude to prove me wrong, but he is no longer TyGOD….how about TyFraud?

He’s a good player that offense just isn’t very good.

• squidkill

@KNICHOLS04 said...

why are people saying Miami might run all over the pats? historically speaking, the pats dominate the dolphins, and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if it was a blowout in NE. lived in MA my whole life so I am a bit of a bias pats fan but I mean let’s be real, the dolphins still blow. I’ll likely be on pats DST this week, which I don’t typically do. Not excited about any offensive players at the moment though, maybe blount.

whoa whoa whoa—— historically speaking Pats do NOT dominate the Dolphins— They give the PATS fits every year down in MIAMI- I can’t count the times I’ve gone down there for the game and have walked out a loser….. However this game is up here and they have far better luck in their house then down in MIAMI.

• RobertoTomba

@Razzle11 said...

The highest upside play is to stack the QB with 2 receiving threats but it also has a lower floor and you basically need a situation like the Saints last weekend and others that I could bring up in past games. Its a GPP strategy that really can hurt when it goes bad but can obviously really pay off when it clicks, because generally the second receiving threat is a cheaper play, opening up $ for a very nice 3rd WR or a really good RB play

I’ve also heard of people referring to Kicker-Defense and Defense-RB as a sort of “stack”: If you have a defense that gets a lot of turnovers, it can lead to more scoring via the kicker or a short-yardage back. But, really, what Razzle says is absolutely how to do it: QB + top receiving threat for a basic stack, and QB + top 2 receiving threats for a heavy stack (or top 3 threats if you like to live dangerously).

• TJRhodes

The optimal lineup last week was only $46,900.

• al3b3d3v

I like this. remember the browns v ravens game a few years ago where McCowen threw for 457 yards, had 2TD and 1TD on the ground vs Baltimore, yeah that could happen again.

• USMC0351

@TJRhodes said...

The optimal lineup last week was only $46,900.

This. I think people get so caught up in spend all the cap and afraid to leave it on the table.

• madchuck

I’m going to play Mccown but I live dangerously. I never pay up for QB. Like ever.

• madchuck

I’m going to play Mccown but I live dangerously. I never pay up for QB. Like ever.

• TheRealJosh5

@fpm2015 said...

the giants are absolutely horrible at covering tight ends .I’m sure he’s studying that playbook hard… i bet he’s sleeping with that playbook and taking a crap with it. all in on fleener!

Oakland are horrible vs TE, must not have studied his playbook prior to week 1 lol.

• TheRealJosh5

@awilson45 said...

Frank Gore is a great GPP play this week

Frank Gore is never a great GPP play.

• bigstacks2015

@madchuck said...

There’s a fine line between living dangerously and throwing crap on a wall, hoping it sticks.

• bigstacks2015

@bigstacks2015 said...

There’s a fine line between living dangerously and throwing crap on a wall, hoping it sticks.

that being said, I’ll probably throw some crap on the wall this weekend

• madchuck

@TheRealJosh5 said...

Frank Gore is never a great GPP play.

2 yards and a cloud of dust.

• deejmonster

Looking to choose a RB… Langford/Riddick/Woodhead/Jennings/Gordon. FD – Cash.

• bigstacks2015

@Razzle11 said...

an even higher ceiling lower floor play is to add an opposing Wide receiver to a stack in a game with a high total. With the right game flow you can light up the scoreboard, for example last week’s Saints/Raiders game stack on Draftkings – Brees, Cooks, Snead, Cooper or Carr, Cooper, Crabtree, Cooks. This week Giants/ Saints – Manning, ODB, Shepherd, Cooks or Brees, Cooks, Snead, ODB. When I enter multiple lineups in a GPP I’m using this strategy on the high total games or games with the right game flow.

• therayray81

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2012 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

1. Langford
    2. Jennings
    3. Woodhead
    4. Riddick
    5. Gordon

Maybe have Jennings 1st, but Langford just in on too high a snap % not to have him at the top.

• noddy

@elgambino said...

Just throwing this out there, but the NO/NYG game has all the makings for a dud. Eli is a good QB, but you can’t deny he can be inconsistent. Combine this with the shootout NO just had last week and Brees playing on the road (and a chance for rainy conditions)… Idk, I’m not sold. I know that NO secondary is porous and I could really regret it, but in GPPs, I will be fading this game.

“has all the makings for a dud” might be a little dramatic

• therayray81

• 2011 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2012 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

@deejmonster said...

Looking to choose a RB… Langford/Riddick/Woodhead/Jennings/Gordon. FD – Cash.

1. Langford
    2. Jennings
    3. Woodhead
    4. Riddick
    5. Gordon

Maybe have Jennings 1st, but Langford just in on too high a snap % not to have him at the top.

• jayhedd818

@al3b3d3v said...

I like this. remember the browns v ravens game a few years ago where McCowen threw for 457 yards, had 2TD and 1TD on the ground vs Baltimore, yeah that could happen again.

You mean last year..and he’s 37 years old, he used his one good game up that game. As a life long die hard Browns fan I assure you that will not happen again. In fact I’m confident enough to say Baltimore might be the top df of the week. You think the Bills looked stagnant….wait till you see a 37 year old who has been taking second team reps in practice and preseason and shaun hill last week is a great example. You would be silly to not spend the few extra pennies for Seimien at least.

• BlackGambino

I was going to create a new thread, but decided to just post it here. Has anyone else noticed the Break Even Percentage increase for Fanduel Thursday Snap $2 entry ($5k to 1st) its now at 29.20% and its paying only to the top 25.25% of the 57,803 line ups. More interesting the $5 Thursday snap only the top 19.5% get paid on the 57803 entries, and has a break even percentage of 22.55%.. I had a decent week last week in the 4pm only w/ a good amount of overlay. I took 14th in a GPP. I risked $180 and got $765 back in total. They definitely don’t want overlay for the 2nd week, and conversely making sure they are getting whatever money they lost on the 1st week back. This may lead towards more Cash Games being played, as well as 50/50’s.. At this rate i’m not sure how FD will reviewed by dfs players by end of football season..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.