4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -3.5 ) at Los Angeles ( 3.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at San Diego ( -3 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Oakland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Monday, September 19th
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 42.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mellofellowsu

Weird, reports are that he’s still expected to play but I wouldn’t understate a DNP, considering he at least practiced in a limited fashion on Wednesday. Maybe aggravated something? Probably a true GTD in this case.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Chargers HC said Verrett would play Sunday so take the DNP yesterday as just them being cautious.

• osuryanf

@SonOfNike said...

pick one for cash D. Williams, E. Elliott, or L. Miller?

I like D. Williams the best

• Wander_Bread

• osuryanf

@Wander_Bread said...

GPP and Cash

Emmanuel Sanders or Michael Floyd?

I’d go Sanders all day. I’m not a big Floyd fan. I really think it’ll be a Fitzgerald week in AZ.

• Razzle11

@Genghis_Khan said...

As Forte simultaneously brings me home this Mon-Thurs slate and fries my Thurs fade for the Thurs-Mon, I start to think of interesting game theory questions about what to do when a player goes off on Thursday and you have faded.

Is it now the smart thing to do to fade mid-priced rbs because it is very likely that Forte will be the top performer in that tier? Do you go, say, high-price and punt, hoping that combo outperforms anyone who took Forte and the lineup construction a mid-tier rb entails? Do you double punt at rb, figuring that you may have missed out on the best point per dollar performer at the rb position and are now hoping that the high-dollar receivers outperform said rb on a pp$ basis, making him an overall poor choice? Lot’s to unravel here I think.

What I’m leaning towards is that I’d like to fade mid-range rbs, rather than trying to find one with the very slight chance of outperforming Forte, and instead pursuing different types of roster constructions.

All I am going to say is let me know what you find out in this instance, as I think the debate is a logical one!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

I like Sanders a lot this week. And then I liked him more after reading this nugget and the fact the Thomas is banged up.

Per NFL.com’s Gil Brandt, Siemian went 10-of-10 passing for 118 yards and a touchdown on throws to the left side of the field in Week 1. Sanders ran the most routes on that side and will mainly match up Sunday with 32-year-old Colts RCB Antonio Cromartie, who was signed late in camp and missed practice time this week with a hamstring injury.

• Wander_Bread

@yountingly said...

I like Sanders a lot this week. And then I liked him more after reading this nugget and the fact the Thomas is banged up.

Per NFL.com’s Gil Brandt, Siemian went 10-of-10 passing for 118 yards and a touchdown on throws to the left side of the field in Week 1. Sanders ran the most routes on that side and will mainly match up Sunday with 32-year-old Colts RCB Antonio Cromartie, who was signed late in camp and missed practice time this week with a hamstring injury.

Agreed that was my initial thought.

Have him stacked with CJ Anderson right now. That Colts Defense is really banged up think there is going to be some serious scoring potential for the Broncos as the Colts air it out as well and will put points up or turn the ball over. Anyone agree or would advise against playing Anderson and Sanders together in the same lineup?

• RobertoTomba

News: Verrett (calf) did not practice Thursday but is still expected to play Sunday, Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. (Thu Sep 15)

Spin: When asked if Verrett would play against the Jaguars, head coach Mike McCoy said, “Sunday at 1:25, he’ll be out there”, so it appears as if Verrett’s calf injury isn’t serious. Likely matched up against wide receiver Allen Robinson, the third-year pro should once again be in prime position to factor in IDP leagues.

ESPN Fantasy Projection: Verrett has sound coverage skills and good closing speed. If those traits lead to more interceptions, he could end up as a solid DB3 this season.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@TheWhiteMamba said...

Regardless of price, who do you guys like better this week? Dalton or Wilson?

I can’t decide who to start in my high(ish) stakes season long league.

I’m contemplating rostering Dalton on DK as well, but I can’t seem to figure out if Pitts D has greatly improved, or if Washington just stunk it up last week.

And thoughts would be appreciated.

I prefer Dalton in what might be higher scoring than normal between these 2 teams. Skins moved the ball last week. They just didn’t finish. Wilson is limited by the ankle more than they we letting on is what i gather and will look to be safe with him. I envision them up with lots of Rawls running and short passes to Baldwin. You are likely losing his running upside, too.

It’s the nfl and anything can happen but I would go Dalton.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@Wander_Bread said...

Agreed that was my initial thought.

Have him stacked with CJ Anderson right now. That Colts Defense is really banged up think there is going to be some serious scoring potential for the Broncos as the Colts air it out as well and will put points up or turn the ball over. Anyone agree or would advise against playing Anderson and Sanders together in the same lineup?

Generally I don’t do that but think I am with those 2 this week in cash and am actually with Langford and Jefferey due to their matchup and usage. Think they might make a nice Monday hammer. Definitely safer for cash games. Not always the best idea for GPP but it can work, especially vs a really bad d like the Colts.

• sterny331

verret is going to be out there. straight out of mccoys mouth

• RobertoTomba

I can’t believe I’m saying something I haven’t said since 2014, but CJ Anderson looks like a great play. I really think this will be an opportunity for the Broncos to continue to break their new QB in, meaning a lot of work for the running game. I don’t think Sanders is a bad play, but I don’t trust Siemian’s accuracy yet.

• TheRealJosh5

@Wander_Bread said...

GPP and Cash

Emmanuel Sanders or Michael Floyd?

I think Sanders both formats.

• mstunnabro

McDonald from the 49rs or James from the steelers? Fanduel GPP TE punt

• TheRealJosh5

with ARob being covered by Verrett it seems like a Allen Hurns type day..

• mellofellowsu

@sterny331 said...

verret is going to be out there. straight out of mccoys mouth

I didn’t want to make it seem as if Verrett is definitely out, just reporting the DNP. And calf injuries suck. A-Rob may be a viable play even if Verrett does suit up.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@mstunnabro said...

McDonald from the 49rs or James from the steelers? Fanduel GPP TE punt

James and it’s not particularly close

• billholler

@thehazyone said...

James and it’s not particularly close

With Wheaton back I doubt James gets more than 4 targets. McDonald was drastically underused last week because he wasn’t needed but still managed to get a TD.

• patsforever23

@billholler said...

With Wheaton back I doubt James gets more than 4 targets. McDonald was drastically underused last week because he wasn’t needed but still managed to get a TD.

Does Celek scare you though? 56% of off. snaps makes me a little nervous but I guess it’s a punty play anyway.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@billholler said...

Maybe but Heath torched the Bengals in recent years. I like James this week if going cheap. Prefer finding ways to get Julius and Delanie and taking a flyer on Fleener in a gpp in dk since the price drop. Will have Thomas or Walker in most of my lus. Don’t mind Kelce, either since he had 2 good games vs them last year..

• baggerly

@Genghis_Khan said...

As Forte simultaneously brings me home this Mon-Thurs slate and fries my Thurs fade for the Thurs-Mon, I start to think of interesting game theory questions about what to do when a player goes off on Thursday and you have faded.

Is it now the smart thing to do to fade mid-priced rbs because it is very likely that Forte will be the top performer in that tier? Do you go, say, high-price and punt, hoping that combo outperforms anyone who took Forte and the lineup construction a mid-tier rb entails? Do you double punt at rb, figuring that you may have missed out on the best point per dollar performer at the rb position and are now hoping that the high-dollar receivers outperform said rb on a pp$ basis, making him an overall poor choice? Lot’s to unravel here I think.

What I’m leaning towards is that I’d like to fade mid-range rbs, rather than trying to find one with the very slight chance of outperforming Forte, and instead pursuing different types of roster constructions.

This post is thread worthy because there is a lot of interesting discussions that could be had with this. It will get lost because of how many pages and post in this thread.

As for your question I think the only wrong answer is to play the mid-range rbs because like you said you most likely are not going to get the same production that the Forte owners got and lineup construction will likely be the same. For me in a vacuum I would go high-price and punt.

• manBEAST

So it appears that chalk will be a variation of Manning, Deangelo Williams, C.J. Anderson, Antonio Brown / Beckham, AJ Green, Barnidge, Woodhead, Carolina D

Russell Wilson 1% on Aces, Denver D 7% could be nice pivots if RW3 ankle isn’t a problem.

• BUFUu2

@baggerly said...

This post is thread worthy because there is a lot of interesting discussions that could be had with this. It will get lost because of how many pages and post in this thread.

As for your question I think the only wrong answer is to play the mid-range rbs because like you said you most likely are not going to get the same production that the Forte owners got and lineup construction will likely be the same. For me in a vacuum I would go high-price and punt.

I agree great thread i have a good amount of just forte lineups…… I have a very good one with my huge sleeper this week…I’ll go ahead and say it but i look for kearse to play damn well and have 25 points this week against the rams

• TheWhiteMamba

Since Odell might push 30% ownership in DK GPPs, will we see Julio at depressed ownership? (Maybe12-15%). Julio’s matchup is arguably just as good too!

Fantasy Labs has Oakland rated as the 3rd worst pass defense, and he’ll get Sean Smith on Sunday… The same guy Brandin Cooks burned for that 98 yard TD.

According to Fantasy Labs, Smith was actually benched last week for poor performance.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).