4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 14 ) at Oakland ( -14 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 45
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 14 ) at Seattle ( -14 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Denver ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at LA Rams ( -2.5 ) —- T: 46
    8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 53.5

Monday, 9/18
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at NY Giants ( -5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this week’s games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• deactivated204643

@qnova34

Nice work. I love stories like this.

• Njsum1

Fitz is another guy I’ll likely just match the field on. He has upside, downside, and a decent floor. The Colts just made Goff look like Rodgers yet Carson Palmer hasn’t played well in a while and with no DJ they could decide to double Fitz, yet that’s no guarantee. A full fade or an all in on this type of player isn’t wise IMO. Match and move on. Fitz and Fleener are the 2 guys I’m taking this approach on, yet Fleeners price may make me overweight him and risk getting the bad Fleener game.

• Dadeano860

@Njsum1 said...

Fitz is another guy I’ll likely just match the field on. He has upside, downside, and a decent floor. The Colts just made Goff look like Rodgers yet Carson Palmer hasn’t played well in a while and with no DJ they could decide to double Fitz, yet that’s no guarantee. A full fade or an all in on this type of player isn’t wise IMO. Match and move on. Fitz and Fleener are the 2 guys I’m taking this approach on, yet Fleeners price may make me overweight him and risk getting the bad Fleener game.

Sensible approach, I’m talking cash where you can’t “match the field,” at least the way I play with 1 lineup.

It’s crazy because I started the week saying I’d never play a Cardinal on the east coast again. Now throughout the course of the week, I’m getting pushed towards Fitz. For me, it’s Fitz, Cobb or Hogan for my WR3. Tough choice. Hogan is probably least cash worthy. Leaning Fitz now.

• Njsum1

@Dadeano860 said...

Sensible approach, I’m talking cash where you can’t “match the field,” at least the way I play with 1 lineup.

It’s crazy because I started the week saying I’d never play a Cardinal on the east coast again. Now throughout the course of the week, I’m getting pushed towards Fitz. For me, it’s Fitz, Cobb or Hogan for my WR3. Tough choice. Hogan is probably least cash worthy. Leaning Fitz now.

I used to play cash games, I just don’t anymore. I play season long for one lineup. I play DFS so I can make 20 or more….haha. All those wideouts are in good spots…have you been considering Keenan Allen? Or is he already one of your cash game plays?

• Dfspacman

Thoughts on Sanders, Watkins and Ty Hilton for Gpp?

• deactivated204643

I suggested an ownership projection of 5% on Davante Adams yesterday. Much of that is based on his Fanshare tags where he’s the 88th most tagged player. I haven’t heard his name touted all week on any podcasts and I listened to a few. Randall Cobb was 6% owned last week in the DK tournament I played. So is my estimate way off on Davante?

This isn’t to debate who’s the better play, just wondering what people think his ownership will be.

• HawksFan12

@CleverGroom said...

Boras has two years of game tape as an OC. McVay has three years (and the son of a bitch is younger than me). It’s not exactly a shot in the dark.

We’re not just going off Week 1 here, man. Week 1 simply confirmed what years of data gave us every reason to expect.

I’m not saying that they haven’t had success as OCs. But there are plenty of examples where guys have been hired with success as the thought process was “he’s the perfect fit for so and so”. and it doesn’t work out. Now I do think that Goff will have some success (especially with Kupp in the slot this week) this week against the Washington but I’m just saying one game is not a big enough sample size.

• Dadeano860

@Njsum1 said...

I used to play cash games, I just don’t anymore. I play season long for one lineup. I play DFS so I can make 20 or more….haha. All those wideouts are in good spots…have you been considering Keenan Allen? Or is he already one of your cash game plays?

I think Keenan Allen is a great play. I’m going Baldwin at the WR2 spot and have Melvin Gordon at RB from that game.

• IronMonkey415

Got a lineup with JJ Nelson, J. Nelson and Desean Jackson as my WR. I think it’s different, probably not.

• tommyboy42609

@RockyMtHigh said...

Am I the only one who wants to see bif and clevergroom go head to head? 2 of the most insightful guys on here, though I sometimes sense some tension.

‘2 of the most active guys on here, though I sometimes sense some tension.’

Fixed that for you.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@Dadeano860 said...

I think Keenan Allen is a great play. I’m going Baldwin at the WR2 spot and have Melvin Gordon at RB from that game.

yea im liking Allen, Fitz, Thielen, Sanders, and Crabtree as cash receivers. Im not hearinf a lot of talk around Crabtree but I feel like he will be a decent cash option

• Quadhole

Anyone think Kearse is a good GPP flyer… I guess jets get down and he is about their only option…

• bhodgman

@blakeblake631 said...

Minimum Salary TE punts that isn’t Zach Miller?

Seth Devalve, Marcedes Lewis, Dion Simms…

• mike42

Thoughts on Sanders, Watkins and Ty Hilton for Gpp?

I’m a huge fan of the Denver passing game this week, think they match up well w Dallas minus their top CB. It’s just been one game, but my guess would be new coaching staff gonna put the ball in Siemian’s hands more and he looked good against a strong D on monday night. I’m going to be WAY WAY over the field on both Sanders and D Thomas and gonna have Siemian in most of my LU’s. May sound crazy but I believe his floor is 3x salary and his upside is 5x plus.
    Watkins- Just don’t like that he didn’t play all of the snaps and Wash CB’s may be the strength of their team this year. 1 Goff/watklns/Pryor stack out of 30 LU’s.
    Hilton- Love this play for GPP’s. He could go 6-144 2 TD’s. He could also score 10 Dk pts. If Indy moves the ball there is no reason to believe it’s going to be on the ground. Det scored a 100 points last week and none of it was on the ground. The only debate here is who Peterson covers in this game, hilton or Moncrief? IDK and I’ve heard conflicting stories from the experts on whether Peterson covers the slot. I’ve also heard Moncrief/Brisset have established chemistry. Either way, think the risk/reward on Hilton is ideal for GPP’s given his price, low ownership and his big play/tourney winning upside. I’ll be way above the field on him with him.

• Yacht67

Here is a question to think about. If the Pats shut down Thomas. Could Thomas be the new Dez or a Dez clone?

Edit: I have to play Thomas this week.

• gillio

Love Fournette this week, should get close to 30 touches like last week, and a good chance at a touchdown or two this game

• mike42

Minimum Salary TE punts that isn’t Zach Miller?
    Clay is 3k but he got 9 of 28 tgts last week. Carolina has a legit run D and edges in CB/WR matchups. The only place where BUF has a possible edge is TE and that happens to be the only pass catcher that TYGOD has familiarity with. I think Buf has to chuck it 30-35x in this game and clay should see about 30% of those tgts. I hated TE this week until I did that math. 10 tgts for 3k is a good play all day. Hope that helps.

• Yacht67

Cardinals offense will look different. Don’t see the fitz hate though.

• Element828

i love the lineup i made but feel like its too chalky for GPPs. Im just having a hard time dropping some of my guys cause they are in such good matchups and I dont want to be that person saying “why did I drop that guy?” But when I see guys like ajayi…cooper…evans…and graham at much lower projected ownership then the guys I have now…i get worried and want to tinker with my lineup. I guess my main question is…should i just leave my lineup as is knowing i having good plays in good matchups n not worry about owenership? Or should I try to get in some of the lower owned guys who could turn into good plays?

• Yacht67

@gillio said...

Love Fournette this week, should get close to 30 touches like last week, and a good chance at a touchdown or two this game

30 is a lot.

• Dfspacman

I guess Adrian Peterson is likely to get at least 14 touches this time around..

• gillio

@Yacht67 said...

30 is a lot.

Got 29 last week, they’re gonna wanna run to chew clock, dude is talented, it’s all there for him

• MarvG

Fitz is a cash lock, put him in your lineup and move on. I’m a die hard Cardinals fan and this looks like a classic 7 catches 110 yards 2 td game for Fitz. The Cardinals o line is bad now due to injuries but the Colts D line can’t get pressure anyways (a league low amount of pressures in week 1). Do not overthink chalk.

• 7klub06

For the early slate on DK, anyone looking at Javorius Allen to put him in a LU or two. They are playing the browns.

Also what about Marqise Lee or Allen Hurns for the Jags for the low price and also since they the only receivers Jags really have

• MarvG

Toughest decision this week is to go with one of the top 3 QB (Brady, Rogers, Ryan) game stacks or to take a chance on a lower priced QB like Rivers. David Carr seems to have a great match-up but the Raiders will pound the rock once they get a big lead. That limits the upside of a Raiders stack of Carr-Cooper/Crabtree. I want to go with a Cardinals stack but even as a Cardinals fan it is hard for me to trust the corpse of Carson Palmer. I have a feeling the winning millionaire lineup will not have Brady/Rodgers/Ryan at QB and probably a lower priced guy like Jameis Winston or Rivers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).